Development abuse, or just poor execution?

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
I've made this its own thread since I don't want it clogging up discussion in the Ankyrean Anguish thread.

Apparently, a player (who will remain unnamed) took it upon themselves to transform the greenhouse in Spinesreach into a... factory. A factory that manufactures what, I'm not sure, since it's been ambiguously titled "Metalworks Industry Inc." Not all the rooms are finished, but the ones that worry me are "Mechanized Constructs Facility" and "Before The Heart of Industry", the former being a rather startling assumption of the game's tech level, and the latter actually containing a description of some gigantic, pulsating machine heart.

Now, said player has shown signs, before, of presuming on the game's lore, creating things from whole cloth that happen to encroach upon the established lore of existing factions and locations. When this begins to turn into visibly altering the game itself, however, I begin to worry - should players be given as much freedom as they have to mess with the environment?

My issues, in summary:
  • The existing rooms are vastly more advanced than even the things we've seen in Albedos. Sophisticated assembly lines, automation, and the above implication of creating robots.
  • The room names do not follow building standards, being written in title case.
  • Given that the altered room was a building, the city rooms outside of it still make references to the old greenhouse, which is bound to be confusing to any newbie who can't understand what happened.

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Please, please tell me we can get someone to step in and stop this. Industry in that sense does not belong to this game. It's enough that Albedos brings in "high-tech" stuff. At least that's a step that seems to make sense and it's advancement enough. Sure, Spinesreach is supposedly on the forefront of Aetolian technology, but industry, factories, robots? Please no.

LinAngwe
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I just find it offensive. You really shouldn't be messing with the game this way until you've had a lot more experience with it, and understand what is and isn't appropriate for the setting. This isn't a MUSH.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Closing this thread as I have handled the situation.
This discussion has been closed.