Carson S. Madison

Have at it.

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Fun times with hallucinations is always worth some love. +1!
    Rho
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Solaria and Carson have such an interesting history between them, I think. I always love their interactions. Frankly, it's one of my favorite relationships that Sol has managed to keep. Was sad when it went away for a little while, but so glad that it's back. Looking forward to more interactions!

Rho
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Carson has been really fun to RP with in the Sentaari. I love the image of an exuberant, energetic guild full of cheery, smiling faces, and Lin and Carson being a pair of taciturn grumps in the background. They really synergize well together.

Carson's RP gimmick of drawing people (if that is indeed a thing he makes a habit of doing) is really, really great; I rarely see such a simple and effective means of generating interaction.
    Rho
  • RhoRho
    edited May 2013
    Angwe said:
    Thanks. I've been meaning to hit you up for SOME form of RP, hopefully that works out at some point. 
    Solaria said:
    Solaria and Carson have such an interesting history between them, I think. I always love their interactions. Frankly, it's one of my favorite relationships that Sol has managed to keep. Was sad when it went away for a little while, but so glad that it's back. Looking forward to more interactions!
    Definitely! It's really interesting to see how their relationship goes into an odd flux and usually ends up going back to a similar place.
    Lin said:
    Carson has been really fun to RP with in the Sentaari. I love the image of an exuberant, energetic guild full of cheery, smiling faces, and Lin and Carson being a pair of taciturn grumps in the background. They really synergize well together.

Carson's RP gimmick of drawing people (if that is indeed a thing he makes a habit of doing) is really, really great; I rarely see such a simple and effective means of generating interaction.
    I've been trying to use it more and more, yeah. I think that giving him a hobby like that has allowed me to approach people he'd normally never talk to, which is amazing!

Thanks for all the RP and words, guys. Feel free to tell me where I can improve, too!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Rho said:
    Angwe said:
    Thanks. I've been meaning to hit you up for SOME form of RP, hopefully that works out at some point. 

Who, me? Thank you!
    RhoLinEmelle
  • What can I say? Your writing is excellent, and I never know what to expect from any interaction with you at all. Which is why I love it.
    Rho
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I love RPing with Carson so much. There's a certain mix of manipulativeness and bare honesty that he shows Arbre that keeps her nervous and on edge. There's very few people she's afraid of and so he gives me that opportunity to show that part of her personality. Your emotes are so vivid and clear that I never have to ask for clarification. I'm sad that they end up being a sort of star-crossed lovers with our schedules never quite lining up correctly.
    Rho
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited May 2013
    I've been really enjoying interacting with Carson lately. What I find most interesting about this character is that he has this sort of superficial personality that he presents to most people, but beneath it is an intentional and complex system of history and personality quirks that really inform everything he does. His unpredictability always has me a little on edge; I feel like I can never get too comfortable around him, but I like that, because it keeps me guessing. Scenes with you always have such a nice, organic flow, I never feel like I have to work to manufacture interest because the progression just happens naturally, which I love. My favorite thing, of course, is that Emelle has somehow managed to scratch below the surface and get at this part of his personality he doesn't seem to show to many other people, and that's something I'm really enjoying.

If I had to give you a criticism, it would be this: Don't let people get you down. Carson has a reputation that you've created for him by virtue of the kind of character he is, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Use it to your advantage to surprise people. Be more assertive and seek people out -- I'd be willing to bet that most of them, when approached and interacted with in a genuine way, will surprise you, too.
    ArbreRhoErzsebet
  • Yeah...I don't know that much about Carson. He's got a reputation as a bit of a heart-breaking man-whore. But I'd like to see him more if he's hanging around Rhine now. May break his nose for Kerryn or not.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • edited June 2013
    You pretty much know everything I'm about to say since I've told you already, but I feel the need to post it here too. I've had the pleasure of being able to interact with Carson on two different characters. It's given me a chance to see the many different sides of the man. He's so multi-faceted that grouping him in one category is just ridiculous. Yes, he has a bit of a reputation but that doesn't hinder your RP at all and you can (and do) use it to your advantage in many situations. I have thoroughly enjoyed the interactions between Carson and Periluna. I don't think she's met someone that makes her rethink her motives... ever. Also, it's refreshing to actually have someone RP wanting to get class. You'd be surprised at how many OOC messages I get asking for it because the players know there's really no RP way for them to get it. It's nice to see someone (only other person I'd say this about would be @Edhain ) who knew when talking to Peri that the possibilities of them getting it immediately would slim to none. The fact that you've not only taken the chance to RP it out, but you thought outside the box about it amazes me. 

Okay. I'm done rambling.

tl;dr Taking the chance to RP with Carson makes my day and always leaves me smiling. Thank you.
    Rho
    I am sad that I rarely get an opportunity to RP with Carson and that fate seems determined to keep them from ever developing a real relationship.  His personality is addictive and it's fun to have someone so easily able to manipulate Arbre.  The love/hate relationship she has for them is something unique and I like how we're on the same page on this bond they share and what it means.
    I've really missed RPing with Carson, and I'm glad you're back, even though at this juncture it's difficult to have any sort of relationship.  It seems like things have changed a lot with them, and I hope we manage to keep in contact to see where it goes.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I'm thoroughly enjoying our rp, I love seeing the changes as they develop and I hope you continue to pop in, you've been missed.