Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• What.
    Lin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Show us from your end, Sion, where and when did you exactly give him sensitivity? 

Or maybe you were howling, and didn't know that howls/roars don't bypass deafness unless you boneshake. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited May 2013
    ugh, dude, chill.

I was using sensitivity throughout the fight. I remembered a time where I used hamstring/hamstring/sensi right when y'all walked in on someone, I figured that BBT damage had to be a result of that. It was a guess, since all he posted was the BBT part. That guess = a request to maybe check if that was it. That part of the fight was gone from my buffer, I did try to check myself. Instead, you go postal on me and call into question my reading abilities, which are quite phenomenal if I may brag a little.

I'm also quite aware of the whole boneshaking business and kept it up the entire time, that's howling 101, but thanks for checking up on me to make sure I'm coming along grand in learning the class.

edit: on the plus side of all this, I have found the edit button. Marvelous.
    LaniraCalipso
  • http://www.sintor.org/conner.html

Since now I'm "editing my logs" or some dumb garbage.
  • I think I have rage towards the forums.  The sparring grounds in particular is just about the nastiest place associated with the game, with a group of five to ten people who shout at each other back and forth, trying to win public favor by making the others look back and pushing for adjustments to the game without really giving good arguments based on numbers.
    LinEmelleAldricCalipsoLuthien
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    CMUD and mudbot crashing on me. Every. Single. Team. Fight.

Arrrrg.
  • Moirean said:
    CMUD and mudbot crashing on me. Every. Single. Team. Fight.

Arrrrg.
    I feel your pain.  When I updated to a newer operating system years ago the system that I was using at the time, 'Rapscallion', started to crash on me all the time.  I was extremely frustrated and stopped engaging in combat for a long time because of that.
    I think the issue is probably settings lurking in here from years ago that didn't cause issues with zmud but are now problematic. It's just a headache finding them. #forall scripts are also randomly making cmud freeze up too. And looking in my shop stockroom. :/
  • Nerfing monks further by killing BBT strength scaling damage. :( I was just about to get into monk combat, too.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Sarkis said:
    Nerfing monks further by killing BBT strength scaling damage. :( I was just about to get into monk combat, too.
    BBT is still potent. Get 3 and watch their health instantly drop from 100% to 0%!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Stathan
  • Yes. Trick is surviving long enough to land three of them, apparently. A rather fancy trick.
    LinArbreIllikaal
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    edited May 2013
    Even with the BBT change, we dish out a ton of damage if you can pull it off. 

Edit: BBT'd Saybre to get a few numbers.
    2560 to a fully deffed Templar.
    5120 damage for landing two of them.

You move in towards Saybre for the backbreaker.
    You lift Saybre triumphantly into the air, then yank him down into your raised knee with back breaking force.
    Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    Left Hand Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    Right Hand Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    H:7003 M:6008 E:100% W:100% B:100 K:0%  [e- -- cs] 5:20   
    You glance over Saybre and see that his health is at 4150/6710.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Sarkis said:
    Yes. Trick is surviving long enough to land three of them, apparently. A rather fancy trick.
    I can't really comment on Monk survivability against the various classes out there because I don't really play a monk nor do I know all of their skills but I wouldn't say nerfing the scaling of strength on BBT crippled their offense in any way.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Lin

This is all I can think of when I see BBT performed. :(
    AngweRivasJamiSarkisStathanLin
    Sarkis said:
    Nerfing monks further by killing BBT strength scaling damage. :( I was just about to get into monk combat, too.
    I'll gladly come kill you as a monk, if it'll help you feel any better, so you can get this whole "Monks are useless outside of a support role" mentality out of your head. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Illidan said:
    Sarkis said:
    I'll gladly come kill you as a monk, if it'll help you feel any better, so you can get this whole "Monks are useless outside of a support role" mentality out of your head. 
    Speaking as someone that does periodically fight as a monk, it's not really that easy to get the BBT off. But most of my issue is the lack of proper limb tracking and reliable curing. I know with up to date stuff it's a viable path to kill people as a monk, but you don't have to offer to kill the poor guy. <.<
  • edited May 2013

Guard on your limbs and trigger bbt of prone, plus blackout or kai cripple.

<--not a monk, but made one a few days ago and this seemed to get me one randomly.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Stathan
    Damn guard. 

My rage - I took a short nap and missed the entire holy war. :(
    RivasAryanne
  • I was playing another character. I figure: "I'll let them get a few hours in, log on and see what strategies have been put in place, throw my weight on th--oh. It's over. Welp."  :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Moirean
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm terrible at running, so you can kill the poo out of me in monk.  I died to BBT so many times that Atra took pity and walked me through how NOT to die to BBT.  First thing I did after?  Died to BBT.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's true, once Arbre and I sparred in a CTF and I just skullwhack-guarded --> bbt'd her in about fifteen seconds. It made me giggle.

My Aetolian rage: the holy war started at the beginning of my work shift and ended when I got off.
    MoireanPeriluna
    ALSO AETOLIA IS DOWN WTF
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    No?
    Stathan said:
    Illidan said:
    Sarkis said:
    Speaking as someone that does periodically fight as a monk, it's not really that easy to get the BBT off. But most of my issue is the lack of proper limb tracking and reliable curing. I know with up to date stuff it's a viable path to kill people as a monk, but you don't have to offer to kill the poor guy. <.<
    It's not easy, and that's the point of it, as well as most other instant kills. They're not designed to be easy-peasy one-shot, one-kill style of playing. In fact, incredibly easy instant kills are what players -don't- want to deal with, because it really skews combat, and we like it that way. If you're going for your instant kill, you have to work for it, and you have to earn it. It's much more refreshing knowing you just killed someone with your instant, rather than winning with some one-shot cheap trick, like death tarot, singularities, etc. Most people believe monks to be unviable, because they're difficult. It's the same reason most people thought Shamans were unviable when they came out, because they are also difficult. Your statement about your issue being that you don't track limbs properly makes sense, and is very much respectable. Though, Sarkis has said before that the class is unviable outside of anything besides a support role, when he doesn't have much experience in PvP with the class at all, else he'd know better. 
    Calipso
    edited May 2013
    Illidan said:
    Stathan said:
    Illidan said:
    Sarkis said:

It's not easy, and that's the point of it, as well as most other instant kills. They're not designed to be easy-peasy one-shot, one-kill style of playing. In fact, incredibly easy instant kills are what players -don't- want to deal with, because it really skews combat, and we like it that way. If you're going for your instant kill, you have to work for it, and you have to earn it. It's much more refreshing knowing you just killed someone with your instant, rather than winning with some one-shot cheap trick, like death tarot, singularities, etc. Most people believe monks to be unviable, because they're difficult. It's the same reason most people thought Shamans were unviable when they came out, because they are also difficult. Your statement about your issue being that you don't track limbs properly makes sense, and is very much respectable. Though, Sarkis has said before that the class is unviable outside of anything besides a support role, when he doesn't have much experience in PvP with the class at all, else he'd know better. 
    All in all I find the class pretty solid. Not unviable at all, though slow in the build up. We have one build up insta, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. Radiance does work from time to time, which I've shown in the odd FFA. Deliverance, while great in it's own right, is the hardest of the three to set up because you have to be far enough ahead to be able to afford the time for the setup so that they catch up in time to hit you, if their system doesn't echo like a champ that you're doing it. 

Sarkis doesn't PK so I can understand him feeling this is a nerf. You do, so I can understand the irritation with a non-com making a comment about it. All in all, the class is solid, just takes a lot of adjusting to the slow build up that most people don't particularly care for.

edit: Anguish at having guildmates spy on you and not being able to understand why, at all.
    Stathan said:
    edit: Anguish at having guildmates spy on you and not being able to understand why, at all.
    You could try asking!

Re: The BBT change: Yeah, BBT damage isn't going to kill an intelligent opponent in a 1v1 situation. It's not -for- damage, and in fact I'm glad it does less, because I felt like hitting someone so hard was just encouraging them to run before I could set up the next one.
    Lin said:
    Stathan said:
    You could try asking!

Re: The BBT change: Yeah, BBT damage isn't going to kill an intelligent opponent in a 1v1 situation. It's not -for- damage, and in fact I'm glad it does less, because I felt like hitting someone so hard was just encouraging them to run before I could set up the next one.
    Overly Attached Lin strikes again? <.<
    Lin
    StathanHaydynAngwe
  • Rage at having spent/lost my gold at blackjack the day before the auction started. And that I can't take my own posts serious with this sig because I find it hilarious every time.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • You examine your insignia of the Blades for information on your standing:
    You are an active member of the Sect of Blades.
    You have achieved the rank of Green Recruit (1).
    You have accrued -50 marks of triumph.

Man. Your marks shouldn't go into the negative. Someone goes inactive then comes back and suddenly you're down hundreds of points? Please let this be a bug.

MoireanEzalorTza
This discussion has been closed.