New Forums

Comments

• It's done as HTML @Moirean, so click 'show source' and type in <blockquote> then </blockquote> to close it. You can see the full HTML by quoting a post then checking its source.
    Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2013
    Sweet, thanks. Didn't know we could do html stuff. 

You guys shouldn't have told me this.... You guys shouldn't have told me this.... You guys shouldn't have told me this.... You guys shouldn't have told me this.... You guys shouldn't have told me this.... Dooooom!Doooom!Doooom!Doooom!

Edit: Aww the annoying stuff only shows up in the edit box, not the actual post.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    There should be an 'ignore poster' option.
    HaydynArbreLinPerilunaAlastair
  • I'd also like a way to see a list of topics that have been posted in since my last visit - clicking discussions just pulls up what seems to be a list of all the stuff, I'd like the old 'view posts since my last visit' option back.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HavenPerilunaTeaniKerryn
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Is there a way to extend the character/line limit on replies? I can't include Shadow tether in my class section, hrmph. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    There have been several people who have gotten overexcited with the Flags, so I will spell this out very clearly.

THE SPAM, ABUSE, AND TROLL BUTTONS ARE ONLY FOR WHEN PEOPLE SPAM, ABUSE, OR TROLL.

If you don't like what they're saying, click Disagree to your heart's content, but do not misuse the Flags.  This is your first, last, and only warning.

VeritasAlastairXavinHaydynDaskalosNatasyaValenaePeriluna
  • Is there a way to complelete delete a forum account?

Has anyone else noticed that the forums randomly gets bored and bolds/changes font mid-post?

Also, @Damonicus: It's tied directly to your character account and to IRE, so no, not unless you delete the character.
    Moirean
    I hate the mobile page. It doesn't have a recent discussions link, so I have to open each subforum individually to find new threads. It also starts me at the to of the page instead of the first unread post (this is possibly a Kindle problem).
    Emelle
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Are you using a Kindle Fire? You should be able to force the Silk browser to open pages in normal mode.
  • Arbre said:
    I hate the mobile page. It doesn't have a recent discussions link, so I have to open each subforum individually to find new threads. It also starts me at the to of the page instead of the first unread post (this is possibly a Kindle problem).
    Subforums with new threads/posts have a different background color - on my phone at least, idk about kindle.

Haven
    Hahaha ~~~color~~~

I'm on the Kindle Touch.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I always just go to the bottom and open the full site on mobile devices.
    Aldric
  • You can also just type in forums.aetolia.com/discussions and it'll bring up the page for that.
    Rho said:

You can also just type in forums.aetolia.com/discussions and it'll bring up the page for that.

I love you.

Can we please have another post limit extension? >> I can't fit all of these great q and a's into mine!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    All these Q & As are great but part of me wishes the information was transferred to the Aetolian Wikipedia afterward.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Atrapoema
    Haven said:
    All these Q & As are great but part of me wishes the information was transferred to the Aetolian Wikipedia afterward.
    That would be a fantastic idea, actually. You can see some early work I did on the racial page that echoes some of the information here. I would be most appreciative of people pitching in.
    Can we get the code box back? Pasting code which is then autowrapped makes things wonky.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Moirean said:
    Can we get the code box back? Pasting code which is then autowrapped makes things wonky.

Just change the font.
    When you want to post code, hit the little button that gives you the HTML version of your post, and then do this:

<pre>blah blah code goes here
    blah blah

blah blah</pre>
    Moirean
    edited May 2013
    So since the cat's out of the bag (THANKS SERRICE), we're doing those weird emote posts by typing "/me message message blah blah".

Suggestion: Can we have a subforum in Town Crier specifically for congratulating people who hit endgame? I like the threads because they make good records of who got endgame when, but they clutter up Town Crier.

(sorry for doubleposting below but I can't demonstrate in this post.)
    /me This is what I'm referring to by the way.
    Is there any way we can get the extensive search functionality here that the old forums had? Simply searching by a rather wonky and not entirely accurate keyword matching is a step down from the really excellent search setup the old forums had.

Speaking of, the search there is broken atm. :(
    Emelle
    Orange what?!
    SetneLiancaSarita
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Arbre said:
    Orange what?!
    yeah clearly its halloween WAY early!  lol
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Can we please have the grey header bars back on posts/comments, it's getting supper cluttered between sigs and new posts. ><
    SetneLinEsperArbreMoireanEzalor
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited July 2013

Can we just disable the flag feature beneath posts? People aren't even using it properly and instead try to utilize it as a weapon. Or can we at least try to make the flag feature like the old forums where it was an anonymous thing that pinged moderator attention and wasn't displayed publically?

Edit: I know it's not something really in your control and is one of the base things of vanillaforums but maybe there's a work around?

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AtrapoemaPiperValenae
    I wish that, as a mod, I could clear out inappropriately used flags.
    Lin
  • I really want the post separators back, everything feels chaotic in here!
    EzalorAxaiHaydyn