now works, along with a few other minor changes to emotes. Some of this
will be obfuscated, entirely backend material--but the bottom line is
that clothing now works better. So here you go:

Clothing
-------------------
Clothing has been reworked into a modular system. Expect new slots to be
more forthcoming when required, and the old slots to be reworked into
something more logical. At first, the new slots will mimic the old ones
in a 1:1, but don't expect this to be the case forever!

Additionally, an entire new ATTIRE system has been added to provide your
character's outfit with...well...a little more character! See HELP
ATTITE for further details. In short, you can now hide items being worn
from being seen (if you don't want them to be seen) or add a bit of
flair. If you LOOK ME now, you'll see how it looks by default.

Furniture
-------------------
You can now SIT AT <table> as a short-hand for sitting on the first
available chair/seat at the table in question.

Emotes
-------------------
WEAR/REMOVE have had 'emotes' added to them, such that you can now emote
in the same line as wearing or removing an item. The system has been
reworked to be less buggy, and consistent across all verbs that access
it, such as GIVE/DROP/PUT/etc. You can find more information in HELP
EMOTE.

Speaking of emotes, using @item in an emote will now do something a
little special! Not only will it find the item and produce the
short_desc, it will also colour it, showing up to each respective
witness as their designated config color for 'Things.' Along with this,
we've added article/plural detection, such that the emote 'licks his
@hat' would produce 'Haern licks His foppish hat' rather than 'Haern
licks His a foppish hat.'

7.7.1 ATTIRE

While deciding what you wear is very much an important aspect of looking mighty fine, deciding how to wear it, and when to show it, is just as important! To this end, many Aetolians decide to mix up their attire, often hiding their delicates in public, or showing their pride by wearing important items in unique and personal ways!

In order to change your attire, all you must do is use the following command:
ATTIRE <piece of clothing> <way of wearing>

Now, that might seem simple, but what do we mean by 'way of wearing?' Let's use an example. If we did ATTIRE MASK WORN OVER HIS FACE, it would show to others using LOOK as such:
(worn over his face)      a simple wooden mask

Keep in mind that so long as your 'way of wearing' is less than 40 characters, and not entirely outrageous (LANGUAGE RULES will be enforced), it'll be permissible. So let's get a bit more creative:
(wrapped around his right bicep) a bandana bearing the symbol of Enorian

The ATTIRE command has several special keywords which will change how an item appears, or whether or not it appears at all. One of these is the 'concealed' keyword. A command such as ATTIRE <item> CONCEALED would prevent said item from being seen in almost all circumstances, though not in regards to viewing or interacting with the item in your inventory.

A list of these keywords:
CONCEALED - This will hide an item. (Certain items, such as artifacts, can't be hidden)
DEFAULT   - Sets an item's attire to its default, eg: (worn on head)

If you forget how you're attired at any stage, don't fret. Either LOOK AT ME or use ATTIRE <item>.

SO EXCITED
TeaniSeirLinCiarelleAngweAryanneMoireanTzaEdhainPerilunaCalipso

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Fixed up my "attire", and it is very cool :)
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Moirean
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Love this game for all its rp-related things. Admin, you rock!

AryanneMoirean
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    They removed my workaround for wearing 99999 rings as long as you put your artis on last :(.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Kiyotan no longer needs to have NAKEYTIME.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    IG stripping just got way more awesome.

LinAryanne
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade

This is one of those things where I go "hey, did I remember to vote for Aetolia today".

Also, now taking bets on whether or not Kira chooses to hide -any- clothing on -any- of her alts.
    TetchtaArbreMoireanTza
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2013
    This is super cool and very fun. You guys rock! It also got me thinking in fun ways about HOW I wear my stuff, which is awesome.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    (worn around the phallus) a ring of the flood

Boosh.
    EzalorMastema
  • edited April 2013
    I love this concept. I love it very much. 

But the presentation has ruined it for me. I don't mean to be overtly negative, its just that some things really affect my visual reception of the game, and break my immersion, and the extra column with the parenthesis is.. really, really distracting and obtrusive to it. 

So I've a suggestion, if it is at all plausible, that I feel would be a good improvement:

So using Nola as an example:

(worn)                                     a smooth obsidian locket on fine mithril chain
    (unobtrusively worn on the back)           a treasured ruby rose ring on a chain
    (worn)                                     a crystal lotus replica hairpin
    (worn on the feet)                         multi-strap, brown leather sandals
    (worn around the neck)                     an emberite amulet
    (worn)                                     a mithril-knuckled black leather glove
    (worn on the legs)                         slender, rich kawhe pants
    (worn over the torso)                      a thin, soft beryl shirt
    (wrapping the body up)                     a snug and belted-collar leather jacket

Instead of indicating these things in an extra column to the side like so, why not tack the place/how its worn after the item description (the plus signs are only to point out the new addition tacked onto the description):

IE:

an emberite amulet +around the neck

Or

a sweeping cloak +hanging from the shoulders

TzaAngwe
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I like the direction of the ATTIRE system is going, however.....I do wish they would put in a command in which it would show what area you are missing being covered when you are not fully dressed or what not.  Its annoying having to look threw my clothing line by line just to find the one thing missing so I can be up to that level of dressed!  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I love this so much.
    Moirean
  • It's awesome stuff, but would it be possible for Delvian artifacts to be concealable? Right now you can conceal the basic gauntlets and goggles, but not the expensive ones.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    MoireanTeaniTza
  • This is such an awesome change all around. Many thanks to those who put the effort into making it!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
    Luna said:
    It's awesome stuff, but would it be possible for Delvian artifacts to be concealable? Right now you can conceal the basic gauntlets and goggles, but not the expensive ones.
    Or let us use HIDE ARTIFACT and get the generic message for them. Atm it doesn't hide anything.
    Teani
    Remove the hide_artifacts property and make artifacts hideable. Please?

Also, add a DEFAULT ATTIRE line for wearable craftable items.

As such:
    DESIGN 1234 APPEARANCE a simple steel stud
    DESIGN 1234 ATTIRE adorning the lower lip

This would default the simple steel to be worn in the lower lip, but people could just change it via the 'attire' command if they would rather put it somewhere else. The options are endless:

DESIGN 2345 APPEARANCE a shadowy scalemail
    DESIGN 2345 ATTIRE dented and buckled

Etcetera, etcetera. This would be optional (I suppose only tailoring and forging would use it) and amazing. Crafters from the four corners of the world would squeal in delight.
    KerrynMoireanArekaDaskalosRivasHaydyn
    Not sure how hard this would be, but could the worn items remember their attire messages when you remove and rewear them?
    KerrynCiarelleTza
    Also, is there a way to turn off item coloring in emotes? It looks jarring. I know you could just set emotes to the same color as items, but then glance would look weird too!
  • Would it be possible to have a ring rest in a leather band around the neck, even though it's worn on the fingers? Just for rp purposes?

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    With all the amulets and things in the game it's kind of bad one can't have more slots for the neck. As it is, I have an amulet of protection (only armor there is for lycans) and a sulfurous amulet. These artifacts mean I can't use any of the delvian amulets. I can understand that you shouldn't be able to wear more than 2 delvian artifact amulets, but I liked how the purchased artifacts didn't take up the slots.

Amara
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I cant wear my delvian goggle artifact and my eyepatch of magical see through doors now, and I cant transfer powers from either.
    I described my rings as hanging from a chain around my neck, since wearing rings under plate gauntlets is just silly.
    NatasyaKonnorn
    Yeah, it's really weird. There's been a lot of problems I've seen lately adding artifact powers to items or transferring them from one item to another. I've had difficulties with both.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    You have to get Razmael to transfer iron coin artifact powers. Also: You cannot transfer powers from an artifact onto a mobile created item without his help. Hope that helps a bit.
    *nonchalantly conceals his artifacted Baelak Shipbreaker cloak*
    Moirean said:
    I described my rings as hanging from a chain around my neck, since wearing rings under plate gauntlets is just silly.
    Sauron wore a ring around his gauntlet and Sauron was a baller.
    AarbrokPeriluna
    edited April 2013
    Can we make it possible to emote with the $item tag for items in the room, too (although I guess it should default to items in your inventory)?

EDIT:
    This is already possible, it seems.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    You can already, you just use @ instead.
    You can do that already. Use @item.
    You can do that by using @item.