MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I once had a boyfriend who drowned his parents' Fiesta by driving through a waterlogged road that he didn't think would be very deep. He failed to spot the drowned Pajero in the middle of it, I guess. We ent up climbing out the windows and wading to the other side. Fun times!

AlastairValenae
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I can't even begin to wrap my mind around the kind of Aetolian scumbag that would go read someone's 25 facts about themselves, just to mock someone about the personal life experiences that they've had endure against, or according to their own will. 

You, person, are a true scumbag. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    StathanAryanneLanira
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Hospital systems and feeling kinda helpless watching the woman who has been my mother suffering in the final stages of her life.  After working in caregiving and hospice in the past, I thought I would be better prepared for this.  Liver cancer is a terrible way to go.  I suppose if anything, and I dont care what faith or beliefs you have, I refuse to discount any diety at this point for the comfort and quiet while our extended adopted family gathers around to be with her in her final days.  

Sorry I have not been about, I just dont trust doctors as much as I should, I have always been more into Naturopathic curing, but this is beyond the scope of what I can help with.  If anything finding a moment to just vent my frustrations and feelings here is helping.  Thanks to you Aetolians for being a nice way to keep my mind off what has been a rough few months for me.

Raaaargh, to Doctors saying she doesn't need stuff for the pain when she is crying and begging me to help her.
  • edited April 2013
    There must be different state regulations there because we're allowed to give hospice patients whatever they need to feel comfortable. : / 

My rage is when a nurse on the floor takes a reporting form I've filled out and throws it away because he feels that its unnecessary to file. The reporting system is in place for two reasons: notify management about an event so they're aware and protect the nursing assistant against miscommunication.  

We have a resident whose family has insisted we not use a hoyer or sara lift. When we lift her its nothing but dead weight and we only have two people on the floor at any given time so transfering the resident is a painful, timing consuming process. I was hoisting from the back and the other NA was lifting her with the gait belt in the front. When we went to lift her from the bed we made it halfway to the wheelchair before she started screaming in pain. I look over her shoulder and realized her foot looked a little twisted. I made the executive decision to move her to the chair because I knew if we moved her to the bed only to transfer her again, it would wipe her out. She lost what little weight bearing capability she had and the other NA reflexively dropped the belt. I told her to keep her cool and grab the belt - I needed help but she was babbling about not wanting to get in trouble. If I was going to get her in the chair, I would have to drag her myself. 

She was sinking and I knew that if I lowered her to the ground, at her weight, it would take at least four people to get her back up again and we obviously didn't have that much help. We couldn't pull from another floor because every floor is/was stretched thin. This time I yelled at the Nursing Assistant and told her to get her head out of her ass and she appeared to snap out of it, finally, then grabbed the belt. I moved my body to the resident's right and used my leg to prop her up until I could back us up to the chair, the other NA now bearing some of her weight. I lowered my leg and gave the belt a tug, pulling her into the chair. As I did, though, she skinned her elbow and half of her forearm. I called the nurse in and the med tech who both tended to the resident's injuries. I was so frustrated with myself for not lifting the arm of the wheel chair; if I did I could've avoided the entire incident. According to company protocol if the resident is injured in any way an incident report HAS TO BE FILED by the NA on duty and a floor nurse's responsibility is to FILE that report no matter it's content because the Health Director is the one who wants to make the decision on what's relevant and what isn't. If the nurse disposes of that report and the family claims I abused their relative, there is nothing on paper to contest that assumption. By default if the action I took is questioned I will be automatically investigated because I didn't fill out a report. Not to mention, by the way, that the incident report could notify upper management about the resident's condition so we can at LEAST get the proper help to service her care needs so something like this doesn't happen again. So frustrated. 

EDIT: Also, when I spoke to him about it and conveyed my frustration, his argument was that skin tears happen all the time on the job and that filing a report for that is silly. I stared at him. We have ALWAYS, for the last year and a half I've worked there, filed reports for skin tears. I relayed that to him as well and he got indignant, asking me who had the nursing degree. I snapped and said that I was surprised he did. That, of course, was probably not the wisest thing to do and there is a clearly an educated, adult way to communicate that to him but after all of the derpitude I've put up with from him - ugh.  

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Nothing more, at all, will be said about this.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I hate the rust in my water and how orange it makes my stupid tub/shower and how hard it is to remove. I waged war on it for like an hour and still have streaks.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    get some orange curtains to match and pretend you're in the seventies. Lime green bath rug also.

ArbreEmelleValenaeLuthienTza
  • I hate it when people troll someone, then when someone else trolls them on the forums, it's suddenly a big deal.  A lot of people around here need to learn to (wo)man up and take what they give out.  Kinda stupid really.
    HavenArekaRhoDaskalosArbreValenaeAlastairSeirMeskhenet
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You made a thread purely to make jabs at people, and it got locked. The proper response is not to rage about that.

Everyone has dirty laundry and it would be really, really great, if this playerbase - yes, all of us - could try working together for the game's health rather than letting spite get to them be it on forums or in game, hold ourselves accountable, and not act like entitled children not getting our sweets. 
    EzalorMoireanArbreValenaeEmelleTzaSeir
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Osmond said:
    I hate it when people troll someone, then when someone else trolls them on the forums, it's suddenly a big deal.  A lot of people around here need to learn to (wo)man up and take what they give out.  Kinda stupid really.
    I love ya man but the purpose of the forum is not so we can string up people for humiliation, deserved or otherwise.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Eleanor said:
    get some orange curtains to match and pretend you're in the seventies. Lime green bath rug also.
    You stop encouraging her, dammit!
  • Mostly not being able to maintain a connection to the game for periods of 10 mins or more, due to Australian Internet providers being idiots and not informing us that the lines on our back road are being dug up.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I wondered where you were. Fix yourself soon! :(
    Mastema
  • I have been waiting for a month now to get my new car, they eventually called me to say I can collect it tommorow, and I am in meetings all day tomorrow and won't be able to pick it up, HHHNNNGGGH!!!
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Sunburns. I have no idea how it got this bad. We were only outside for two hours! 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    GD sketchy kids riding in my truck and stealing ALL FOUR PACKS of papers from my glove box. I'm 'bout to go off, and I know that ***** thinks I won't beat the breaks off him. Guess he 'bout to find out different!

Kid already got smacked for doing shit like that to someone else, damn.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Paintball gun. Get one. Love it. Use it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Angwe got so mad he got blacker.
    AarbrokEzalor
  • Idiotic self-obsessed clueless relatives.

'nough said.
    Aryanne
  • Fighting in retardation against Daskalos.

(Web): Someone says "Target: Someone not daskalos."

Proceed to shut down my offense long enough to get transfixed. God damn you someone. 
    Author self-inserts. I hated when Andrew Hussie did it (it dropped my interest in Homestuck like a sack of bricks), and in the Dark Tower...

[spoiler]Stephen King is such a talented writer, but in DT, his own involvement in the plot feels so ham-handed and unlike him that it destroys the immersion I built up over reading the entire series. I understand that his being there was both deliberate and also a metaphor, but the best thing he did was kill himself off.[/spoiler]

Hate so much. We have these fantasies of putting ourselves in our stories when we're early teenagers, and they didn't get any less tacky because we grew up.
    Alastair
  • Past two mornings, woke up with a nice thick layer of frost on my car's windows. WHERE ARE YOU SPRING??? 

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited April 2013
    Hussie said he was going to have some self-inserts in Homestuck's plot way before it actually happened. I don't mind it too much as I love Homestuck no matter what.

Edit: While we're on the subject, Lin reminds me of Aradia's dancestor. >_>
    My Kindle is only in black and white and the sig gifs are kind of slow and staticy. Iosyne's just became positively terrifying.
    Iosyne
    Arbre said:
    My Kindle is only in black and white and the sig gifs are kind of slow and staticy. Iosyne's just became positively terrifying.

While Lin's became even more racist yet... oddly enlightening.
    Listen, it's not racist. You know who loves fried chicken?

EVERYBODY.
    AngweLaniraAarbrokErzsebet
    I don't love fried chicken, you presumptuous bastard.
    AryanneMastema
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I rage that Lin's signature made me remember we had leftover fried chicken - but when I went to the fridge, I discovered that it had been taken by my boyfriend for his lunch.

DAMN YOU LIN MY DAY IS DESTROYED
    LinAngweAlastair
    I work at the admin office at my college. There was a woman here with her little kid screaming and running around and she, of course, didn't keep him in hand. They finish up and finally go to leave... and he pulls the fire alarm. We jumped out of our skin and they just left, no apology, nothing. So then we had to run around telling people it was just a false alarm... and this is finals week.
  • edited April 2013
    Trying to get back into finishing my schooling. But, I have ADD to the point where it makes it very hard to sit down and study, and I am the poster child of disorganized. I have medical records of my 8+ years of treatment from a psychiatrist, and have been reevaluated since then; But it's so hard to find a doctor who's even willing to consider stimulants as an option, despite that they've been one of the few things that have worked to get my symptoms under control. I'd go back to the psychiatrist, but I'd rather not pay that kind of money.
    Illikaal