An aLUREing thread

13»

Comments

• Moirean said:
    You can buy aiming.
    oh. well nevermind ^_^
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited April 2013
    I think I already pointed out that Sentinel handaxe is LoS in another thread. Not sure about Weaponry throwing.

/fact check
  • Weaponry throwing is adjacent room only, so that qualifies as line of sight in the same way that other 'in the next room' abilities do.

Calipso
  • Xavin said:
    Weaponry throwing is adjacent room only, so that qualifies as line of sight in the same way that other 'in the next room' abilities do.

That's not what LoS means though.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    ZunAlastairCalipso
  • edited April 2013
    Ah, sarcasm, how poorly you are conveyed over a messageboard.

Yes, that was my point. You can't really call weaponry throwing or, to my knowledge, sentinel handaxe throwing, line of sight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that shaman discharge also is adjacent room only.

What I was getting at is that if people are saying 'but handaxes and shaman discharge' in answer to ranged abilities like doppleganger and bows, they're making a comparison that's not really based on the way things work in game.

Does everyone have access to weaponry throwing? Certainly. Is it anywhere near as good as archery? Heck no.

• Xavin said:
    Ah, sarcasm, how poorly you are conveyed over a messageboard.

Yes, that was my point. You can't really call weaponry throwing or, to my knowledge, sentinel handaxe throwing, line of sight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that shaman discharge also is adjacent room only.

What I was getting at is that if people are saying 'but handaxes and shaman discharge' in answer to ranged abilities like doppleganger and bows, they're making a comparison that's not really based on the way things work in game.

Does everyone have access to weaponry throwing? Certainly. Is it anywhere near as good as archery? Heck no.
    But sentinel handaxe isn't next room. It's line of sight, like Angwe said (we just tested to verify 100%), seemingly to unlimited range. Seriously, take some time to check these before posting, right now you're just causing more confusion.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Angwe
  • My mistake, I was under the impression that sentinel handaxe behaved like regular thrown weapons with the exception of the stun.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Given that most ranged fights are 99% of the time done from adjacent room, the whole LoS/adjacent room thing is pretty moot.
  • Kinda wish hammer throw was LoS instead of just adjacent but it's fun nonetheless
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited April 2013
    Well actually, the whole LoS and Adjacent thing just makes ranged combat even more of a low-risk high-reward scenario. In theory, you're in a lot more trouble if you're just in an adjacent room. If you happen to be lucky enough to get a position that's 3+ rooms away from where the fight is happening, and still LoS, then you're just going to start banking kills like there's not tomorrow. 

Of course, the people always say "Lol, why don't you just chase down the sniper." You can't, realistically, unless they're completely fucking dumb. Most people that snipe these days just voltda/duanathar away, or use whatever escape skills they have. A syssin will just evade, run away a few rooms, or just phase and wait. An in-room person running out to go chase down a sniper who's hitting their team for 38-61% of their health with every shot is leaving their team another man down. Because of how hard it is to pin down true runners in this game, the sniper can easily just BS around a little, and still occasionally deliver a shot or two before moving around the battle field, and delivering more. 

Extremely low risk. Absurdly high reward. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."