MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Piper said:
    a spoof picture of the incredible photogenic runner with explosions behind him showing on my facebook wall.
    I'm sorry, I snickered a little. ;-;
    Rivas
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I don't like the sheer number of trainees that my client has gone through in the last 2 weeks, because of all the postulations they make. Some of them were incredibly pretentious, and others just completely deluded. My client isn't crazy, and he watches how they work. Yet, somehow they get upset with me because I said "Hey, he likes things to be done this way, and not that." You chose to do it -your- way, and then got upset when you were terminated. 

It also feels like a lot of Aetolians have been doing this lately. I know I'm an unicornshole 99% of the time, but good lord, PLEASE don't make assumptions about topics that you clearly have little to no understanding of. I'd definitely respect you a buttload more, and be a great deal nicer for that matter, if you just said "Hey, I don't know what I'm talking about, so I need someone to enlighten me." Nobody knows everything, and nobody is perfect. I'm definitely one of those people who are at the absolute top of the imperfection list. Still, if I don't know what I'm talking about, then I don't say anything about the matter. If I -want- to know, then I'll go find someone who DOES know what they're talking about, and learn from them. 

If you're wrong, then don't be afraid to admit. If someone with experience is willing to help you understand whatever it is you're trying to learn, then for the love of god, LISTEN to them. Do NOT make assumptions about matters that you don't understand, because you're only going to frustrate those who are trying to help you. 

That's my nerve peeve rant of the year. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    LaniraTeaniCiarelleAngweNolaErzsebetPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited April 2013
    I know it's a matter of opinion and free choice and all, but I'm not at all happy about seeing pictures and comments about drugs on these forums. "It's just pot" doesn't really cut it for me. It makes me sick to see people brag about their smoking habits, posting pictures of bongs and whatnot.
    Personally I've never smoked anything in my life, never wanted to, never will. I wish people could respect this opinion of mine and cut it out, but at the same time I know it won't change. :(

Edit: My rage was about the posting more than anything (smokers, do what you want.)

MastemaLuthienCiarelleKerrynTzaSirinaAlastairIllikaalAngweLunaValenaeHaydynKiyotanErzsebetAmara
  • edited April 2013
    What makes me mad is typing with my right hand in a cast and three fingers of the same hand in a splint 3=<
    @Zun: Was my rage, no response required. Just wanted to express it, is all, much like most people in this thread.

IllikaalNolaAldricHaydynValenaePerilunaAmara
  • I rage at the feeble minded, and anyone who cannot practice what they preach in terms of tolerance, which was, last I checked, a two way street.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
    Sirina
  • Teani said:
    I know it's a matter of opinion and free choice and all, but I'm not at all happy about seeing pictures and comments about drugs on these forums. "It's just pot" doesn't really cut it for me. It makes me sick to see people brag about their smoking habits, posting pictures of bongs and whatnot.
    Personally I've never smoked anything in my life, never wanted to, never will. I wish people could respect this opinion of mine and cut it out, but at the same time I know it won't change. :(
    Just a side-note, no one is trying to -make- you smoke pot. No one is on here saying 'hey, smoke this or we're not friends!!', At least I hope not. And also, I'm sure many pot-smokers wish you would stop pushing your opinion on them as well, but we don't :) Because we're too busy smoking it up. I respect your opinion, but I refuse to withhold my freedom of speech/press because others think it's stupid. I'll also go out on a limb here and say you support gun-control laws.

ANYWHO, Back to the thread! Another thing that makes me mad is ignorance. Those people that constantly think they're better than you because they have shiny jewelry and un-faded clothes and stuff. News flash: That expensive organic diet of yours probably makes your schnit stink more than mine 3=<
  • edited April 2013
    Zun said:
    On the flip side, how about you respect their opinion and ignore it? Nobody's accusing you of anything, of being any type of person, or adhering to any inferior belief system, so surely they deserve the same right. There's my rage: people who seem to think their feelings can dictate the behavior of strangers because their skin's not thick enough to withstand the impact of seeing something, or reading the implication of something, before losing their unicorns. Yes, it's a matter of opinion and free choice.
    AND CAN I GET A HOT TUB?!?!?! LAWDY

Edit: I also pictured you saying that in a Rocko voice, Zun. All Boondock Saints style. Catch ya on the flip side B-)
    I don't like drugs. It's everyone's own business if they want to do them or not, I just know I won't. However, in regards to my post, I just expressed my own opinion about what I've seen on the forums, saying I don't like it and wished things were different. I even made a comment about it probably not changing anything.

If you want to smoke weed, that's your choice. If I want to write one post about not liking something, I'd like to think I can. After all, this is a general rage thread where people express such things. I suppose there are always those who need to counter someone else's rage though. My bad. I just wanted to post my rage.

SirinaLinNolaHaydyn
  • Teani said:
    I don't like drugs. It's everyone's own business if they want to do them or not, I just know I won't. However, in regards to my post, I just expressed my own opinion about what I've seen on the forums, saying I don't like it and wished things were different. I even made a comment about it probably not changing anything.

If you want to smoke weed, that's your choice. If I want to write one post about not liking something, I'd like to think I can. After all, this is a general rage thread where people express such things. I suppose there are always those who need to counter someone else's rage though. My bad. I just wanted to post my rage.
    I wasn't trying to counter o3o Just stating my opinion of your opinion of my opinion.

Also- Something that makes me rage: People putting empty boxes of cereal back on the shelf, especially when there was a grocery run JUST that morning where you got milk, then you go to have some delicious Cocoa Pebbles, but ALAS!! Gone! All gone!! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER DOES SUCH A THING???
  • Seven people in the tiny card-key unsupervised gym I belong to... at five in the morning. Go sleep jerkbags.
  • Saarlamen said:
    Seven people in the tiny card-key unsupervised gym I belong to... at five in the morning. Go sleep jerkbags.
    But you're there too.... O_O
  • Depression that makes me angry and disempowered over the most ridiculous things. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

HavenStathan
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I rage at going through a divorce, because reasons. No need to explain if anyones been there.

And for those that haven't I hope you never do. Nothing makes sense and moodswings are basically mandatory.
    ArbreNatasyaMeyvitch
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    So tired. I think I need a vacation.
    StathanEmelleTzaAryanneValenae
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I had the first half of my ASL exam today.  Class started at 9.00am.  I woke up at 9.01.  I was out the door at 9.04.  I made it to school at 9.15 (it's 5 miles away).  I don't think I was conscious.
    StathanAryanne
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    People who don't even know what your job entails trying to tell you how to do your job. AKGFLIFSGLINCDA,JNSFLIGKLEFNLSKSVLKNDFJBNSDLKF
    Aryanne
    Emelle said:
    People who don't even know what your job entails trying to tell you how to do your job. AKGFLIFSGLINCDA,JNSFLIGKLEFNLSKSVLKNDFJBNSDLKF

Illidan said:
    I don't like the sheer number of trainees that my client has gone through in the last 2 weeks, because of all the postulations they make. Some of them were incredibly pretentious, and others just completely deluded. My client isn't crazy, and he watches how they work. Yet, somehow they get upset with me because I said "Hey, he likes things to be done this way, and not that." You chose to do it -your- way, and then got upset when you were terminated. 

It also feels like a lot of Aetolians have been doing this lately. I know I'm an unicornshole 99% of the time, but good lord, PLEASE don't make assumptions about topics that you clearly have little to no understanding of. I'd definitely respect you a buttload more, and be a great deal nicer for that matter, if you just said "Hey, I don't know what I'm talking about, so I need someone to enlighten me." Nobody knows everything, and nobody is perfect. I'm definitely one of those people who are at the absolute top of the imperfection list. Still, if I don't know what I'm talking about, then I don't say anything about the matter. If I -want- to know, then I'll go find someone who DOES know what they're talking about, and learn from them. 

If you're wrong, then don't be afraid to admit. If someone with experience is willing to help you understand whatever it is you're trying to learn, then for the love of god, LISTEN to them. Do NOT make assumptions about matters that you don't understand, because you're only going to frustrate those who are trying to help you. 

That's my nerve peeve rant of the year. 
    ^ Included with that rage. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Emelle said:
    Just shelve the books, geez.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Emelle said:
    My rage needed its own post, obviously.
    I wasn't uh...saying "I already raged for you." 

It was more like "I left that part out of my rage and should have included it, so I feel your pain."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    First the bombings at the Marathon and now this. Warning: blood splatter in photo.

I'm listening in on the police scanner and it's crazy! Grenades, rifle fire, automatic pistol fire. Criminals robbing a 7/11 might be related to the bombings. 1 officer dead, 2 wounded from explosion.

...What the bloody hell is up this week in Boston? That's my rage.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Aryanne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Please stay not-hurt, Havey.
    HavenEmelleIosyneNolaValenaeErzsebet
    It appears that they've caught one of the two suspects. The other is on the loose, last I heard. 
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited April 2013
    Illidan said:
    It appears that they've caught one of the two suspects. The other is on the loose, last I heard. 
    Yeah, they subdued the wrong 2nd guy and it sounds like during that confusion the suspect managed to slip out somewhere.

Live feed for anyone interested. A lot of the cops and FBI switched to a private channel but this one is still active.

Edit: They are calling in SWAT.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited April 2013
    Be safe, Haven! Protect those milkshakes.

My rage? Being told that my email to a professor (which was all of 2 sentences long) was impolite and unprofessional. 

I've never been impolite to a professor in my natural born life. Even those that I dislike. It's not in me. And I was MORE professional than his reply, which was riddled with misspellings and random ellipsis (ellipses?). Furthermore, you NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION YOU BATTY OLD PERVERTED MAN!! 

Also, rage at trying to learn Java in ~4 weeks to help code a project that I was only on a team for design, interface, and functionality reasons. And report writer. If anyone has a pocket-sized Java coding junky in their back pocket and wants to loan him/her to me for the next few days, I'd pay you in hugs, kisses, and whatever credits I can scrounge up.
    imageimage
    Haven
  • @Haydyn about that email:

I had that too while I was at uni. We had just started using this online forum for projects (moodle for those who care) and I made a short post simply asking him a question. I assumed it was a forum so I didn't start the post with 'Dear Professor xyx' and I didn't end it with 'Sincerely'. Nothing more was needed. His reply was all in lower case letters (which is wrong in German - we capitalize nouns) telling me how impolite I was. Well... my public forum reply to that was the very personification of polite. So polite in fact that he felt it necessary to call me out during the following class and tell me all about it. Lucky for me that he already didn't like me so it's not like my grades could have gotten any worse (plus, we all had a good laugh.. we just weren't allowed to show it in front of him).

TL;DR: There's always a professor like that. Just survive him. ;)
    Haydyn
  • Rage @ Every single time my daughter is napping (My only free time most the time) and I go to draw with hopes of finishing a picture.. Someone wants to call me, bother me, wake her up URGHKSJLKJLKWJLKJWLEJR :( >[
    Maghak
  • morons that call in for roadside services in the middle of a flooded street. I didn't actually get one of those calls yesterday, but we all got a handout now listing what to do if a car is in a flooded area and the driver isn't smart enough to get to higher ground. We aren't sending out a bloody tow truck until the water recedes because they'll get stuck too or swept away! It only takes 2 feet of water, sometimes less!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*