Ideas for remakes!

Have a concept of a legacy remake you would like to share? Want to toss out suggestions/ideas for coming remakes? Designed a brand new shiny concept for your class with skills? Post it here! :D

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I still want Druids to be redo-

Oh wait. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • psh.

When im a little less busy, i'll post up an awesome concept I have.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited March 2013
    Somebody (I think it was @Tahl but I could be remembering wrong) was thinking up a concept for the Ascendril remake that I thought was awesome both mechanically and as a concept. It was something along the lines of making elemental mechs to walk around in.

Fire/Water Mechsuit - had attacks that primarily pushed salve balance to build up for a high damage finisher. (They were essentially the same, the only differences were the flavor messages.)
    Air/Earth Mechsuit -  had attacks that were based on building up afflictions to incapacitate your opponent long enough for an instakill.

Each elemental 'mech suit' had it's strengths and weaknesses. Fire/Water had high magical resistances and the like but were susceptible to cutting/blunt damage whereas Air/Earth had high cutting/blunt resistances but susceptible to magical damage. While outside of the suit, your mage skills were primarily utility skills and or buffs for yourself and allies.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited March 2013
    That sounds great.

Of  concepts I have been thinking of, i've been toying with the idea of Cabalists. Cabalist have never been very mythical of religious, they have always focused mainly upon scholarship, science and understanding, and so I believed their skills should reflect that.

Necromancy could easily be replaced with a skill that focuses upon alter and affecting the biological and anatomical workings of the body. It would be generally the same concept that Necromancy is viewed with Cabalists of today, that being of the understanding of the body and the life that flows through it.

Numerology would of course be kept, but remade completely. The current kit is veeeery messy.

As for the last skill, and this is my favorite: Biochemics. A skill focused on creating biological warfare. Their studies in Physiology would be a form of per-requiste here since the weapons utilized would harm and affect the bodies and workings of whomever are struck. From gaseous containers, to acidic secretions (ouch), to even viruses that liquify the organs of their enemies. This kit would be a hazardous one.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited March 2013
    So you want them to become Singed Alchemists.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Stathan
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada

You called?
  • Illidan said:
    So you want them to become Singed Alchemists.
    Who wouldnt want some mad bandaged-up man running around with a poison trail behind him??
  • So while the Cabalist skillsets do seem to lack a common theme, the idea of an eclectic Scholar with heuristic tastes having more than one skillset focusing on biology is blurgh.
    Amara
  • edited April 2013
    I was generally bored and while looking over Syssin skills decided to brainstorm one up for the remake. Is nothing special, just some fun, enjoy.

Syssin Idea

Edit: Seems I forgot to mention the description! The skill itself is based around daggerplay combo'd with kicks. The Assassin would be able to strike twice with a dagger, using arm-balance, and then use one of their several kicks for an added effect, using leg-balance. It generally has a stealthy feel as well as interesting combos that can be utilized alongside venoms. I also gave it a bit more of a dark assassin-like feel to it, with throatslitting, eye-gauging and dagger-throwing.

Assassination:

Daggers : Your use with a dagger surpasses the average peasant. You will find your damage and speed enhanced. (You can dual wield daggers to slash twice)

Frontkick: A basic kick that will deal damage to your foe. (note you can combo a kick with your dagger strikes)

Hemorrhage: A slice to a major artery to cause excessive bleeding.

Hamstring: Hamstring them to thwart escapes

Grip: Grip your weapons in a deathlock.

Daggerthrow: A throw of a dagger to elicit certain effects: Head to Silence, Limbs to pin down and make unusable until writhe, torso to cause heart palpitations.

Eye-gauge: Gauge their eyes out, causing them to go blind and head trauma.This will also strip Thirdeye.

Scissorkick: A kick that strikes your opponent and a random enemy in the room.

Envenom: Envenom your daggers for greater effects.

DaggerChain: You can toss your dagger in a certain way that it bounces off your target to hit up to 3 enemies in the room. Venoms apply.

ThrustKick: With a short run, kick your enemy squarely in the chest, sending them flying in the direction you choose.

Listen: Listen to what is being said in a direction, even under closed doors.

Stealth:  Conceal yourself in the shadows, hiding yourself from the masses and your movements.

Smokescreen: Toss a cloud of dust beneath you, blinding all in the room and increasing chances to miss.

Hallucinations: If in a smokescreen, you can cause the smoke to play tricks on your enemy’s vision, and when they attempt to assault you, they may just strick a mirror image of you.

Groinkick: A kick to bring your enemy to their knees

Evade: Evade your pursuers in a certain direction. 

Dash: Speedily rush in a direction.

Knockout Kick: A Kick to the head to make your enemy blackout. 

Disappear: This is a passive ability: If your room is clouded in smoke and you leave in any exit, it will be hidden from all those present. This includes walking, swimming, tumbling, dashing and flight.

Abduct: By taking ahold of someone paralyzed, you can drag them off. Afterwards any direction you walk or dash into, the victim will be hauled off with you. 

Throatslit: From the shadows, slowly creep forward to your target, if your target does not have thirdeye, then they will have no warning. Eventually take ahold of their throat and slit their neck from ear to ear, taking their life instantly.

Invisibility: By using the light to refract off you in a certain way, you can cause yourself to be hidden from sight.  Note though that this is an unstable and sensitive art, and any action you do shall break the sequence.

Edit: As for other skills, I had an idea for skill based on Pressurepoints of the body and a form of martial prowess. By striking body parts in certain ways, the Assassin would be able to elicits effects such as Paralyses, Stupidity, Nausea, and most especially blood clotting and bleeding. The instantkill (Named Heartstop) would be based off how many bloodclots have formed and then if the required amount have, death.

Edit2: Made a few more adjustments.
  • If you want a look at what a guild with themes like the cabalist would look like with a coherent set of skills that all tie together I'd take a look at the Illuminati in Lusternia.  The cabalists, and the Illuminati, are basically all about 'secret knowledge', and the themes are extremely similar.  I tend to like the Illuminati enough that I almost want to say 'copy and paste them over the cabalists'.

I do like some of the 'science' ideas that are being thrown around, but the honestly always just seems a little out of place.  I know that Albedos has some more advanced technology, but there isn't really anything like that on Sapience, except for stuff that comes from Albedos, like all the ylem mist related things and so forth.  I remember that way back in the day when I was teradrim liaison, before the first remake, some people had tossed around 'fleshcrafting' ideas for the teradrim but seeing as they've been redone (and redone well this time) a fleshcraft sort of skill would be an excellent replacement for necromancy and a good fit thematically.

• If you want a look at what a guild with themes like the cabalist would look like with a coherent set of skills that all tie together I'd take a look at the Illuminati in Lusternia.  The cabalists, and the Illuminati, are basically all about 'secret knowledge', and the themes are extremely similar.  I tend to like the Illuminati enough that I almost want to say 'copy and paste them over the cabalists'.

I do like some of the 'science' ideas that are being thrown around, but the honestly always just seems a little out of place.  I know that Albedos has some more advanced technology, but there isn't really anything like that on Sapience, except for stuff that comes from Albedos, like all the ylem mist related things and so forth.  I remember that way back in the day when I was teradrim liaison, before the first remake, some people had tossed around 'fleshcrafting' ideas for the teradrim but seeing as they've been redone (and redone well this time) a fleshcraft sort of skill would be an excellent replacement for necromancy and a good fit thematically.

ah yes the Illuminati, a very nice unique skillset, well in generall all of Lusternias skills are unique to them.  I would love something similar to that.

As for the  science theme, it is true Sapience has never been big on science, being more into magic and theology, however the Ankyrean before has -many- advances in biological workings. If you take a look at some of the ruins left by them, such as Torson, or even spinesreach, you can see several surgical laboratories and in torson you even find mutant creatures. I would love if the cabalists go in such a direction by uncovering more workings into the biological.
  • I would personally suggest building more on the 'secret knowledge about the workings of the world' sort of theme rather than making them too much into biologists who just happen to practice numerology.  Here would be my suggestions for theme at the very least.

Numerology
    Gnosis
    Viscera

Numerology would still be about the 'numbers' and the spheres as to might expect.  Gnosis might be based around arcane knowledge, and Viscera can be based around alterations to the body of the practitioner or creation of minions.  I could probably propose some mechanics, but making a full balanced set of skills for a class is pretty tough, and I would be a little doubtful that anything we say were will have a lot of influence.

Calipso