Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Moirean said:
    (they aren't anymore)
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Rivas
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Hasn't heard anything IC about it in Ve'kahi, so I will just assume it hasn't been an issue to avoid Forum RP
  • It's not 'Vampire Houses disliking a Carnifex policy" it's the fact that the Carnifex policy violates House law.

As far as Bahir'an goes, the House was around before the Carnifex were. The Law was around back then too, as far as I am aware. Finally, Abhorash himself has issued Edicts regarding this type of thing (wearing names other than your House name) and to expect the Houses to react any differently is not only naive, but rather silly in my honest opinion.

I don't see what's wrong with it being Cohort Fenrir Bahir'an. It means exactly the same thing to me as Cohort Fenrir, except that if Fenrir allowed himself to be the latter, he'd be breaking on of the most important Laws of his House.

We simply don't have any choice.
    Erzsebet
  • TzaTza
    edited April 2013
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited April 2013
    For Ezalor it's more than just the titles issue. Consanguine RP is BUILT on "we have risen above the mortals, they are sheep, we are superior." Most of Abhorash's early writings/posts are about that.

D'baen is the most extreme in adhering to that out of the Houses but they all should to some extent. The Carnifex RP is basically incompatible with Consanguine RP. Now, maybe there's some creative RP solution to bring the two harmoniously together. For example, Iosyne's rule of Equality on the surface seems to directly contradict this fundamental Consanguine superiority thing; however, Ezalor explains it by saying the Gift was not simply handed to anyone, it was earned. Consanguine were mortals once, started equal, earned it, rose above, falter and the Gift can be taken away, anyone with the strength can earn it, etc. Who knows. 
    MalokAlastair
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Tbh, what annoys me at this point is that after all that yesterday, with something of a tentative agreement/arrangement that could've been made, you come back with lolnojustkidding. :/ I know it's in-character for you and yadda yadda yadda but gaaaah. Rage. >.>

I do know where you're coming from with the it's public, can't really back down from it bit though. It's part of why Ve'kahi has a problem.

Rage in general, at Genocide curing and turning half of my house into Princes and Princesses.
    imageimage
  • Abhorash actually said he doesn't care. We talked to him awhile back.

OOCly, I think it's stupid to be in a House AND the Carnifex, since Houses want your loyalty to them first, and the Carnifex demands your loyalty to them first.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Fenrir
    edited April 2013
    The Abhorash thing was about just titles though. When it comes to actually stripping Consanguine down to the same level as living, I think he'd change his tune. He did raise a huge fit and blow people up (ie Macavity...many times...:D)  for having living people in the Houses after all. 

Tough spot for the admin since Abhorash declaring something anti-Carnifex would absolutely cut off all the Houses from the Carnifex and it'd basically become admin-enforced "change your RP/laws." I think they prefer to assume the "deal with it yourselves, it's below my concern" thing to avoid taking a side. It's certainly tricky trying to balance that vision of vampires with guilds now; way back when multiclassing didn't exist and you HAD to be Praenomen/BB to be a vampire it was easy enough to demand absolute loyalty and super xenophobic snobbishness since it wasn't really possible to get into a conflicting org. Now things get trickier though since you can belong to two orgs that both demand loyalty and may have conflicting laws.
    Erzsebet
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    ...Maybe every subrace doesn't need to be a part of every guild?
    XavinElwynDaskalosIllikaal
  • ENOUGH WITH THE FORUM RP, FFFFFFFFU-
    LinArbreAldric
    edited April 2013
    If there was actually interesting conflict that could come from it, maybe it'd be different. But as it is, all meetings for compromise seem to end up with both sides going we'll compromise this far and no further, leaving a huge gap between the two--and the one attempt at a concession even slightly larger was immediately followed by lolkidding. So the in-character choices are pretty much, 'make the edict that removes all carnifex' or 'make a law that says carnifex are not allowed into Ve'kahi till after their tainting' --which is not fun at all, and why people are complaining.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I don't really know what forum RP is, but I think this conversation is a valid one. As a leader, you sometimes have to step back from IC stuff and go, ok, is this FUN for other people on the OOC level? Discussing rationale behind things as a community lets us understand why things are done (for example, I made the offer because I wanted to give my guild a choice, and it turns out they were happy to dive into this conflict, which I didn't expect; it was not an attempt to waste anyone's time) and see player feedback about how things are going. It lets us gauge what players are enjoying and not enjoying, which I think is important for leaders to know. On some level, we kinda are responsible for other people enjoying the game.
    EzalorHavenAryanneAlastair
    I never really understood the concept of what forum RP is either. It seems like anything discussing stuff that's happening in the game in a serious manner gets called forum RP?
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Some people just toss the term out there without really knowing what it means. 

Forum RP is mostly self explanatory. Someone from Bloodloch posts their disdain about a particular topic, Bloodlochian players upvote/agree with it. An Enorian player disputes it, and more Enorian players upvote/agree with it. Etc. 

Forum RP is taking your views from the game and bringing them to an out of character context, to some extent or the other. 

Still. Sometimes a Duiran player will upvote/agree with another Duiran player because what they said is logical and makes sense. Some forum Nazis will look at it and go "FORUM RP", despite what the person said actually had some level of merit. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's usually indicative of someone crying out against an issue on the forums entirely due to their character's motives. For instance, if I complained that my donkey kept getting killed in Bloodloch, that's fine. If I were instead to complain that I feel like Bloodloch is corrupt because they keep killing my donkey (let's pretend that makes sense), I'm veering into forum RP.

Despite my agree vote above, it probably wasn't fair to apply the term in this case.
    Aryanne
  • A few people (I hesitate to say 'all,' because that wasn't the case) are posting about how the conflict shouldn't exist, using their player's rationale as the reasoning. Aldric posted why that's a piece of unicorn, so I won't rehash it. But that heavy investment and lack of distinction isn't why this is forum RP. It's forum RP because at a certain point, explaining yourself and exploring the issue takes on a persuasive tone, as if these discussions are going to affect the game in some respect. 

Quite frankly, they shouldn't. Yes, it's important people have fun. Yes, that requires communication outside of the game. But we're not talking about Bill and Nancy's loving relationship, and how Bill wants his character to start experimenting with leather in the bedroom, but Nancy's character is strictly conservative and that might ruin her game experience. We're talking about two organizations, quite large ones in fact, where the majority of the involved parties don't seem to be (and shouldn't have to be) participating in the conversation. And that's wrong.

So I think it's pretty obvious how a persuasive argument as to your character's motivations, in a meta-medium, could be classified as forum RP, and it's obvious how that could sour the situation for other players with a stake in the conflict. Is, was, that happening? I thought it was. I think it still might be, if people are determined to continue providing reasons why they aren't having
    fun based on their character's rationale and lack of opportunities, and how @Moirean should adapt her stance (both variations, IC and OOC) to suite them. I'm sure a lot of people are having fun. You can't please everybody, so don't try to. At least try to keep the people who are engaging IG having fun. At the very least, it'll be appropriate.
    StathanHavenNatasyaLinHadoryu
    In general, there's a reason my initial post was four words and not a detailed explanation as to exactly what about it makes me rage.

I rage that no one seems willing to let other people aetolia-rage anymore without it degenerating into a 2+ page whine-fest about that person's rage. If a person wants to express it at length, they'd make a thread, not make a single post in the rage forum.
    imageimage
    AryanneStathanSaritaHavenHaydynArbreFenrirLinTeani
  • Day five of Templar-watch continues with no end in sight. Can only hope this happens to these folks anytime they want another class on their tether.
  • Get wrecked in messages, threaten to metagame someone, then OMGLASTWORD IT!!!!!

That person has chosen not to let you message him/her.

Had to check for the LoLClient.exe to make sure I wasn't in the wrong community for a second. Ur wrong junglr, OK Jungler ur on ignor.
  • Hey remember that time someone posted a rage and nobody replied to it? Yeah me-..wait...wait...nope.

This continues to happen. Let's change that.
    StathanAryanneArbreErzsebetKerrynTeani
  • Nah, that'd never happen. She had to reply in-game to the first one sentence, but since she lastworded there she felt she had to respond here.

Anywho, back to game-based rage: Either Sentaari mana costs went up or the mana regen went down. Manaless in moments!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I read manless at first.  And it was so much better that way.
    edited April 2013
    You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    Grandmother -

I have no desire to engage in communication with you now, or in the foreseeable future. Any future post from you will be fed to a humgii, as the last two have been - unopened and unread.

<name>

----

It's not a rage. I'm just kinda bummed, I guess. I was hoping some sort of RP - even a tense hostile one would be cool - would develop, and I spent a good 30 mins or so on each one, writing letters from Moi's perspective. I'm bummed they didn't even get read and that they won't amount to anything. But, you can't force people into RP, and I shouldn't expect RP in return just because I want it.
    HavenAryanne
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Make the next one a letterbomb.

MoireanLinTza
    THAT DOESN'T WORK IF HE DOESN'T OPEN IT D:
  • Hire a Syssin and forge the seal. /waggle
    MoireanAryanne
    TzaIosyneAlastair
  • -puts his hand up-

>:)