Alzheimer's Longest Day

ArbreArbre Arbrelina JolieBraavos
Some of you might remember me doing the Alzheimer's Walk for a Cure several months back, and I know a lot of you have heard me constantly talking about my Grandmother who has Alzheimer's.  I lived with her over the summer taking care of her and such.

In 66 days is alz.org's The Longest Day, where we're supposed to gain donations for doing something all day (running, crocheting, nfc what else).  That's lame.  My longest day is gonna be -not- doing something.

According to the game record, I play Aetolia an average of six to eight hours a day and in seven years I have played over 586 days on my main character alone. For my "longest day" I am issuing a challenge to my friends and family. Want me off the game so we can go out to the mall? Donate money! Want my position as Benandanti or Hand of the Praadi? Donate so you can coup me! Want to see me slowly go insane from boredom, rolling around on the living room floor and whining my family to death? Click the donate button! Want me to study for school? Let's not get carried away here.

For every $100 earned, I'm logging out of Aetolia for a week. Not checking messages, not reading logs, not even posting on forums. Don't think I can do it? Call my bluff.

AryanneXiuhcoatl

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I am completely against this, not because of the cause at all. I want you to reverse it, please. For ever 100 earned, I want you to take Aetolia by storm. I want you to coup, I want Arbre ruiling the world, why, if you want to stick you char. by a cause you do it and you take the names of the fallen by you. I always have donated my personal  money to causes I believe in, and always will. But, I do not believe Arbre (as the char) needs to step away, but show how much of the dominate wolf she really can be.,  and would love to see it. I would love to offer something to all Aetolians to donate to the cause of Alzheimer's, but I am barely scraping by. But, to those that can. Please do. You donations are needed. Juasst a note DONATE CAUSE YOU CAN

MoireanAldricAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I like Arbre, I would rather have you around and raise a ton of money anyways.

As someone who has worked with people with severe Alzheimers/Dementia, I am all for this, I will give what I can when I get paid friday as it is a worthy cause, and I fully support what you are doing.  It may not be much that I can give in cash, but in moral support you have my a hundred percent.
    MoireanAryanne
  • I kinda wish you had two "donation" pools: online VS offline. Whoever raises the most money wins you (and all funds from both are donated). So if people want you to gtfo Aetolia and hang out with them IRL, they can pool money towards offline, and those who want you to devote yourself to doing something particularly amusing with us on Aetolia can donate against them in the online category.

That'd be awesome.

That said - I GOT A RAISE! And had a family member with Alzheimers, and it was a very slow, sad, expensive process for the family members who had to care for her, so I'll donate anyway.

Moirean
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Alright.  I'll make a second one for playing, but it has to beat the first.
    AryanneXavin
  • And I already gave money to the first one

/fail

Here you go!  If you want to donate but still want me to play, then donate here.  If the Arbre Aquila account beats Casey Kelley, then I keep playing.
    AryanneAarbrokXavin
    Somebody donated to me.  Someone who has the same first name as my therapist.  You freaked me out there for a minute, Edna.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I seem to do that a lot!

Aryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Donation incoming, sorry I cant do more Arbs.

After working with people with Alheimers and Dementia I will offer any and all support I can.
    AryanneSolaria
    Thank you so much.  It really means a lot to me.
  • Arbre said:
     Want to see me slowly go insane from boredom, rolling around on the living room floor and whining my family to death? Click the donate button! Want me to study for school? Let's not get carried away here.

You're such a dork, Arbre. XD
    Aarbrok
    I really do do that though.  >.>
    SolariaElwynHaven