Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I try to touch that very special place in your brain. The place responsible for sneezing, and remembering colors.
    MephistolesAngweErzsebetValenae
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Typoing. Nonstop. When RPing with someone new. I probably am coming off like a complete newb. Arrrggghhhh. >_<
    AngweEmelleAryannePeriluna
  • I rage at people that camp quests, not just for a few minutes but for hours upon hours..
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • TzaTza
    edited April 2013
    Illidan said:
    Food for thought: 

17. Report Responsibly!
    If you are going to report a post to the moderators, do not then continue to respond to the post in question. Doing so is more than likely going to cause further problems. Constantly reporting posts when others are not is most likely going to indicate to the moderators that you are trying to see others get punished, rather than simply reporting rule violations. Be responsible about when you choose to report, or the individual reports will be less effective!

This should probably start getting enforced in regards to the new forums, since some people are just so insistent on needlessly flagging some posts as abuse, trolling, or off topic, when they clearly aren't, and or just because they don't like/agree with what the person said. That's why the disagree button exists. 

Wait, ALL of those send reports?

I mean, I very much assumed 'abuse' did.. and I guess I -should- have known that 'troll' does (I didn't, sorry!). But 'off topic'? That's not even hidden behind the 'Flag' button. :/

I always used 'troll' and 'off topic' as expressing my opinion, not to get posts reported at all. Sorry if I ever flagged you or anyone else and got you reported. Didn't mean to. :( (Still think those two shouldn't report.. or gimme more to disagree instead of just 'disagree')
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I don't believe off-topic does. As for the others, it takes a certain amount from what I understand.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited April 2013
    Go to sleep, wake up and that same person is still sitting on the quest! 

This includes giving information or aide, lending items, or performing activities that
    require or benefit from repetition, unless you are actively present the
    entire time.

No way has he not been doing this, he has a doppleganger there to avoid getting killed by the aggro things.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    Natasya
  • Barda said:
    Go to sleep, wake up and that same person is still sitting on the quest! 

This includes giving information or aide, lending items, or performing activities that
    require or benefit from repetition, unless you are actively present the
    entire time.

No way has he not been doing this, he has a doppleganger there to avoid getting killed by the aggro things.
    PK them? :D
    Rivas
  • Don't think it is allowed to just PK someone technically he has done nothing other than been an annoyance. For right now I just set my hound there and am trying to have it retrieve the item before him. Seems like the only things I can do.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • Could always just destroy the doppelganger. Orb sigils and the like.

DaskalosRivas
  • edited April 2013
    Make your own RP reason and pick a fight!! This game is conflict, find a reason to get all up in his bidness!

Edit to clarify:
    Barda said:
    Don't think it is allowed to just PK someone technically he has done nothing other than been an annoyance. For right now I just set my hound there and am trying to have it retrieve the item before him. Seems like the only things I can do.

You're totally allowed to just PK someone, as long as you have a reason. You're not allowed to grief them repeatedly...but as long as you properly RP it out and tell him to bugger off (assuming he's afk and won't), then it's time to smackaunicorn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

MastemaHavenPerilunaSeirNatasyaEmelle
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    YEAH. You tell him!

YOU DON'T PLAY. YOU KEEP IT REAL.

Haven
    Reading old, cherished RP logs while drunk at 2:30am. Knowing that I can never have the "good days" of Aetolia back.

Nostalgia can be such a bitch.
    ArekaLuthienMoireanAlastairSerriceArbreErzsebet
    I really hate how the Hunting Grounds and the artifacts there work right now.
    havenbanner2
    RivasEzalorTozArbre
  • I hate that I clicked "agree" on the above post ten times and it only showed up once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Haven
  • I clicked agree to help you out.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Rivas
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Haven said:
    What in particular?
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

It's too easy to get them and sit on them forever.

They should start to dissipate when you go into a 'safe' area - say, 15 minutes in a city. This should not 'reset' upon exit, but should instead be an up down timer - for 15 minutes in the city, you have to spend 15 outside. Also, entering haven should instantly reset them, as should phase, lightform, blackwind, et al. Otherwise people will just phase and sit in an obscure spot to hold them,

Hunting Grounds have become a situation where if, say, SpireanA goes in and DuiranB goes in, LochC will go in to make sure DuiranB goes in. Then EnorianD has to go in just to make the sides even.

I would lock it to tethers - only one from each tether at a time. IF you did just a limit of 2 people at a time, you'd see 2 from the same tether enter to secure the items.

Also, remove the movement malus. There's too many ways around it and you're only hindering those that don't know how to get around it.

Also, put a timer on people in there where if they don't keep a certain 'offensive momentum' going (maintain say, 1 offensive attack per 10 seconds) then they're thrown out after a set amount of time has passed. I've seen Xiuhcoatl go in there after Seir on multiple occasions now and then run for half an hour so he won't lose.

And last but not least - add more. Maybe a 'rangefinder' of some sort that will path you straight to a focus in a certain area or a special orb that gives all 5 parxian orb defenses at once.

And wasn't there supposed to be more ways to harvest ylem in like, January?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Iosyne said:
    Haven said:
    What in particular?
    I think Rivas' post in this thread sums it up nicely. But mostly:

1. how easily the items can be safely tucked away / hoarded while not in use
    2. the movement restriction within the HG (should either disable galloping/dashing/etc bypassing the slowed movement or take the slowed movement out entirely imo, if people are worried about those just breezing through the Hunting Grounds via speedwalking then just increase the exit time or add a mild delay to each sacrifice before receiving each item or make carrying the corpses slow you down significantly like that one april fool's joke or something)
    3. This one isn't really a biggy but is an annoyance. I feel like there should be something to help deviate those that do not fight in the Hunting Grounds. While more than one person is in the Hunting Grounds, it should start to shrink gradually like that one arena mod. Beginning necrosis because you can't leave due to the person being nearly impossible to fight (either from running away or whatever) is incredibly off-putting.

havenbanner2
    DaskalosIllikaal
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I highly endorse number three, having been victimized by someone who wanted to bait another person into the Hunting Grounds so they could gallop around and refuse to fight in an effort to lock the other person in or force necrosis.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited April 2013
    Daskalos said:

It's too easy to get them and sit on them forever.

They should start to dissipate when you go into a 'safe' area - say, 15 minutes in a city. This should not 'reset' upon exit, but should instead be an up down timer - for 15 minutes in the city, you have to spend 15 outside. Also, entering haven should instantly reset them, as should phase, lightform, blackwind, et al. Otherwise people will just phase and sit in an obscure spot to hold them,

Hunting Grounds have become a situation where if, say, SpireanA goes in and DuiranB goes in, LochC will go in to make sure DuiranB goes in. Then EnorianD has to go in just to make the sides even.

I would lock it to tethers - only one from each tether at a time. IF you did just a limit of 2 people at a time, you'd see 2 from the same tether enter to secure the items.

Also, remove the movement malus. There's too many ways around it and you're only hindering those that don't know how to get around it.

Also, put a timer on people in there where if they don't keep a certain 'offensive momentum' going (maintain say, 1 offensive attack per 10 seconds) then they're thrown out after a set amount of time has passed. I've seen Xiuhcoatl go in there after Seir on multiple occasions now and then run for half an hour so he won't lose.

And last but not least - add more. Maybe a 'rangefinder' of some sort that will path you straight to a focus in a certain area or a special orb that gives all 5 parxian orb defenses at once.

And wasn't there supposed to be more ways to harvest ylem in like, January?

He tried to run from me several times, but the delayed damages and teh DoT's from dat OP Shaman taught him otherwise.

Still, galloping/sprinting/dashing/leaping shouldn't be allowed in the HG. Luna, Dourif, and Tina have all sprinted/galloped away from me while in the HG, but not even half as excessively as Xiuhcoatl does. Hell, I sprint/dash/gallop away too on the occasions that I start falling behind/lose too much soul, and think its utterly stupid that I can do so. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited April 2013
    People who kill your mount for no reason at all despite having NEVER interacted with them at all. You're a jerk, and I hate you. *coughcoughConnercoughcough*
    Alistaire
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I actually missed the name on the first read through >_>
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    HavenHaydynNolaAryanneNatasya
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Idiotic laws and politics.
    imageimage
    FenrirIlyon
    edited April 2013
    It's not really idiotic and that's a bit rude to say. The Carnifex are built around a military structure and before members get knighted, it's basically like being in boot camp. People aren't individuals. That's the guild's RP I was given when I took over, and I am not going to ruin that for my members because external organizations dislike how we do things.

I have, for the last four days, spent at least an hour to three each day dealing with the Vampire houses about this and I'm frankly tired and frustrated. If the Houses want to pull out members, I will be bummed, but I'm not going to completely change the guild's RP. I don't think that's fair to the people who elected me to lead them.
    ZunAarbrokAldricLuthienSeirRivasArbre
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited April 2013
    The LAW is stupid, IMO that's my opinion, and it's not really rude to say so. Your ADHERANCE to the law is understandable/fine. It's just headache inducing.

Which really isn't your problem--it's mine, thus the rage.
    imageimage
    That's fair enough. TBH, if one of the Houses had come to me at the very start of all this, I would have probably edited out the law (while still maintaining the boot camp RP) with really nobody being the wiser, just to save everyone headaches. Unfortunately, I was never contacted until it escalated - people were forced to leave the guild and there were rants floating around before I even knew about what was going on. Now that it's a public issue, we can't really back down and just remove it without visibly compromising part of the guild's identity.
    I think it opens up potential conflict, though, and that's not bad. Vampiric houses are on the rise in terms of popularity, and establishing an interesting enemy in the Carnifex could only be good publicity for both sides.
    MoireanXavinEzalorEmelleHaydynArbre
    edited April 2013
    That's a good point, and I think we're clearly going to have that (at least with D'Baen). It's still tiring, though, from an org leader standpoint, especially when you see people leaving. Like, you never want to see members quitting, so even if you know it's needed for the RP, it still makes you feel like you're messing up. -_-
    MastemaAlastairLinArbre
  • It is only a select few Houses that dislike the RP. Others are perfectly fine with it (at least they were 24hours ago..) and see it as a chance to build up inter-guild/house relations. In the end however I am all for the conflict if it results in some fun interaction.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    (they aren't anymore)
This discussion has been closed.