New Instances

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Unfortunately Arbre is gonna have to go to bed soonish.  I'm in a super manic phase (hence me suddenly doing a bunch of stuff) and they never last long.  I'd ARBRE JENKINS!!! a couple of times and then weep when Veritas laughed at me.
  • Arg, two people dropped out. I know it's late but if anyone wants to replace them let me know here or in game message!
  • I'm down. Sapivi praenomen, dps is lackluster, unartifacted but omni trans so my audit is probably a decent baseline to test with.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

+ Commander Moirean Seirath -------------------------------------------------+
    | Race:   Azudim            | Health:  38470/8470 | Endurance: 33900/33900   |
    | Sex:    Female            | Mana:    7011/7011  | Willpower: 29688/29400   |

I wanna live here forever. D:
    Alastair
  • Wouldn't you know, Moirean breaks something. Luckily that's why I do these tests, so hopefully I'll have the bugs we found tonight fixed for tomorrow's run through.

Fight 1 seems to be legitimately done though, which I'm glad. Dropped it from a 40 minute fight to around 20 ish, which is just fine for an opener fight in my books. Maybe soon I can get you guys doing all 3 fights in one test!
    Alastair
    Fight 1 was cool. It's gonna be tough with real deaths, but I can't wait to try it. :D
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    hey you didnt break my system or computer!  THAT is progress there!!  heh
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • I've been toiling away all morning and into the afternoon fixing everything Moirean broke. So perhaps in another hour I should be ready to start collecting bodies, keep an eye out!
    He didn't kill me either.  >.>
    Aww, darn. I'm going to be downtown all day, won't be back until probably 6:30 or so Pacific time.
  • Ohgoodmaybenothingwillbreakthen
    Stuff breaking in the test phase is better than it breaking while it's live. Easier to isolate the issues. :)
  • Ok folks, time to start gathering people!

Things you should know:

For the sake of testing, you will not lose XP when you die, however you will use up curatives and other items.

There is a TON of damage being thrown around so make sure you have resistance rings, and any other defenses you can pick up to help mitigate fire, magic, electric, poison, cold.

If you do not have a blessing, one will be provided for you.

If you do not have chocolate defenses, they will be provided to you.

The mobs in here take considerably less damage than mobs elsewhere, in some extremes as little as 20% total damage is actually delivered, so choose your attacks wisely, speed isn't all that important in some cases.

Reflecting will not work, shielding will not work, pretty much any attempt to avoid taking damage will likely fail!

Most importantly, come to have fun!

Shoot me a tell or message in game and I will collect you for this run if spots are available.
  • Still need 3 more people! While I'm sure Daskalos counts for at least three people on his own, I still need 5 total. Someone summon Alexina for me!
  • Just two more!
    How did it go!!!
  • We're still in it, and it's fun as all hell!!!!

<3@Veritas for yoinking!

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    MoireanRivas
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Arbre keeps running away and making me tank. Sniffle.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alastair
  • Very nice run tonight, very very nice. Big thanks to Rivas, Arbre, Daskalos, Aren, and Alastair for making it through all 3 fights(Well, Rivas dropped out after two but he still counts). Opener fight is still perfect, final fight needs some minor time/damage tweaks to bring it in line to where I feel it'll be spot on.

The mid fight has some kinks in it, but I got a lot of good data from it, considering it was only the second run on it since the very beginning test phase. All in all you guys did good, glad you enjoyed it, glad I got some good feedback to go off of.

Hopefully once the final tweaks go in, we can finally get this pushed to a live release!
    MoireanAlastair
    When I offered to join, I expected to simply do what everyone else told me and be crazybashbre.  Somehow ended up being the other way around.  I don't think I've been in the lead of anything except one war when Mazzion died and EVERYONE PANICKED so I started calling targets.  Makes me feel slightly less newbish.  ...slightly.
    DaskalosAlastair
  • You were our fearless leader! Well, Rivas was my fearless leader, til I figured out the first fight better.

• So, food for thought: I was looking over the big boss's attacks and noticed that half of them were standard, unmodified damage amounts. Well that clearly won't do, so I've brought those in line with the rest of his arsenal and tweaked some of his afflictions as well. We'll see how that goes moving forward.

I'm still on the fence on the health crystal, so I'll ask those of you who've gotten a chance to do this fight. Right now I've doubled the bonus health it gives you(so you now get 10000 extra health). The reason for this was because as Arbre pointed out last night, 5000 gets burned through pretty quick so after one round of the health crystal there's no real reason to go back to it. Will this make it more beneficial to use? Or do you think I should move it back to a group heal? Group healing has a weird bug in it, but I can circumvent how I was doing it before to produce the desired results.

Other that, I feel like that will finish that fight up once I can make a decision on how to handle that.

Also, I got a good idea of a decent group's time on all three fights and I'm relatively happy with them though I'm sure they will vary based on who all goes in.

Boss#1 vs Daskalos, Rivas, Aren, Alastair, Arbre
    Time: 15m36s

Boss#2 vs Daskalos, Aren, Alastair, Arbre
    Time: 13m46s

Boss#3 vs Daskalos, Rivas, Aren, Alastair, Arbre
    Time: 17m27s

20 minute a fight for a text boss is what I'm hoping for at the least, I really don't want to go much higher than that but I know with final tweaks + the fact in the live version you wont have instant revive. So I think the overall times will still end up where I want them, plus taking into account that the live version will have trash mobs/possible quests.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I'd make it a group boost, just because last night we were all specc'd out to the max. Even I died a time or two and I was running with 10k+ health.  Chocolates and the like won't always be available - I realize this is an endgame and then some run - even most of us had artifacts last night and some died quite a bit.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AlastairRivas
  • Yeah I was hands down the least artifacted, which is really part of why I wanted to get in, to see if it was arti required, and it really isn't. Of course, like Dask said, we had all the buffs in the world before we did it. The only thing I could have done to increase my mitigation or health pool more would've been to not do it in Wise. But a group heal works fine, since it will exceed your maxhp, it also means one person can effectively be a huge game changer or save from a wipe.

I like the idea of it being a flat % damage attack and a single heal. That way you have to manage who gets the heal, and you rotate through as it eventually outpaces sipping. Otherwise, some people never need healing and some need it every round.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I would go with the group boost myself, because currently there is no easy way to see who is at what health unless we build that into our systems and that will begin to be really chatty when it comes to a web in order to see it all.  

Here is my suggestion, and not sure if it is possible:  Since that boss is doing fire damage I would take the fire resistance at the time into account and boost someones health based on that so that its not a flat heal throughout the whole group.  That way people who really need it get what they need and those that do not still get some health but not as much as the others.  Let me break it down a little more...

my fire resistance is at 45%.  
    TeammateA fire resistance is at 55%
    TeammateB fire resistance is at 23%

take the (100 - fire resistance) + 100% = Health Boost

Me: 100 - 45 = 55 + 100 = 155% 
    TA: 100 - 55 = 45 + 100 = 145%
    TB: 100 - 23 = 77 + 100 = 177%

you can set the over all health to any number like 5000 or 10,000 health.  then it would look like this.
    --5000--

Me: 5000 * 1.55 = 7750 health gained
    TA: 5000 * 1.45 = 7250 health gained
    TB: 5000 * 1.77 = 8850 health gained

--10,000--

Me: 10000 * 1.55 = 15,500 health gained
    TA: 10000 * 1.45 = 14,500 health gained
    TB: 10000 * 1.77 = 17,700 health gained

As you can see it scales rather nicely.  You can put the health on a cool down or set number of uses.  Also if the person had artifacts that had heal boosts have those affect the overall health as well.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    edited April 2013
    Well the idea of %-based, unblockable damage is that it would basically be the same for everyone - 20% is 20% no matter what health or artis you have - and since sip/moss also scales, the management would just be in cycling through who's turn it is, versus having to constantly figure out who is at what health level.
  • I realized I haven't made any sort of update since mid April, sorry!

Just to let you guys know, we're almost where we want to be with the boss fights. I've gone and reverted the heal crystal back to the original design idea, but this time it'll actually work. Basically it just means I've returned it to a burst of AoE heals as compared to the health buff. We'll see how the works out in future testing.

I think I've fixed any problems that were in the choice phase for the second boss, there's a concept I'll be adding to that fight that's not in yet but hopefully it should put pressure on the overall fight in a decent fashion.

Other than that, the only things left I have to add are some under-the-hood mechanics for operating the boss locations in general(Iike locking you in when fighting begins, and opening up after you finish) and coloring some of the important alerts like enrages and other boss particulars. That and adding in trash mobs to flesh out the area itself. 

It's my plan to have all of this finished up by this weekend, in which case we'll do a test run and go over final tweaks so I can push it on over to the reward system implementation and hand it off to the lore handlers so they can FINALLY get it to you. 

Keep a lookout, I know I've been teasing you guys for the last five months but we're trying to make this as polished and entertaining as possible without having to slap on additions as we go.
    ArbreMoireanMacavityAarbrokLiancaAlexina
  • After reading over this entire thread I must say, I am amused and glad that something like this is being implemented. I think I'd have to say this interests me more in Aetolia as a game then what seems to be its selling point as more RP based than game based.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    Munsia said:
    After reading over this entire thread I must say, I am amused and glad that something like this is being implemented. I think I'd have to say this interests me more in Aetolia as a game then what seems to be its selling point as more RP based than game based.
    EDIT:
    I can't read and now I feel stupid!