The State of Carnifex

Comments

• edited April 2013
    This thread is obviously going no where. Lock plz.

Edit: There  may be perhaps 4 useful and insightful points made...and 3 of them are by Moirean. Troll thread needs closing.
    TozDaskalosIllikaalArekaAlastairAngweXavinXiuhcoatlZunSeir
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited April 2013

...this isn't a troll thread. If you don't like the discussion, no one is forcing you to read it.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Someone just needs to remove Calipso's ability to flag posts already. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AlastairCalipsoDaskalosAngweXiuhcoatlMalokZunHadoryu
  • So, Daskalos. Logs at some point, please?

Also, don't see any problem with this thread staying open so people can spitball ideas about how to make the class less boring/obnoxious - been saying for a long time now that the class needs some major love.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    There's a log on Logsty of Xiuhcoatl fighting Isto in Carnifex that we could look at.

edited April 2013

When I get a fight, I'll log it next.

Also, @Calipso, each class doesn't get a specific liaison anymore. There's not been a single personal attack in this thread, just discussion about the class as a whole. I'm sorry that you can't see the difference, but there it is. Now mark this flag as troll like you do every other thread as you harrass -me- by following me around the forums flagging every unicorn post!

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alastair
  • More interested in seeing how Daskalos in particular manages, because of the uncon thing. As a bandaid, I don't really see anything wrong with moving the uncon level up to 75 or so...It is my sincerest hope that soul thirst is removed in its entirety when the overhaul is done, though.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xiuhcoatl
    My main suspicion is that he's using a traditional Lumie opener of para/impatience/stupidity and proceeding from there. If I recall properly, it in general lacks the sort of heavy hindering you'd need to slow down the offensive, of the sort you'd get from para/clumsiness, or limb breaks. The other form of hindering he'd get in would be blurryvision from shadow - but, if he were using the aff route, there wouldn't be any really good way to pressure salve balance to stick that. You'd have to just rely on them missing it, which can be unreliable. We've seen for example, that Xiuhcoatl has a high degree of hidden aff tracking in his system (good lord the spam when he's truelocked). 

You mean the spam when he has stupidity. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Xiuhcoatl
    (good lord the spam when he gets stupidity period)

Xiuhcoatl
    You know. That's why I really wonder if he does it on purpose or not. When I give him hidden stupidity via Vinelash or Staticburst, he doesn't spam like crazy. Instead, his system cures it just fine. Anytime I deliver unhidden stupidity, hi there wall of text. 
    Xiuhcoatl
  • Two logs up now, but I've switched back to Sciomancer for the time being. Having to fight too many people at once and Carnifex already sucks as a 1v1 class against artifacts. Limited aff control, easy offense to stop or hinder, and no defense to physical damage besides full plate, which actually puts them at WORSE standing than Atabahi. Since Atabahi can get the full benefit from the protection amulet, carnifex only get half. Since I log everything I see, if you give me a time period we fought, and it isn't in the huge log I accidently deleted right when I was posting that first Isto Log, you can get the entire thing, but it's spammy since it negates all my gagging. 
    Calipso
  • Marcel steps towards you, dhurive ready for a blow.
    Marcel slashes one end of his dhurive at you, opening up a long wound.
    Health Lost: 439, cutting.
    Hmmmm. Why is everything so difficult to figure out?
    Marcel fluidly moves his dhurive towards you, preparing another blow.
    With the great momentum gained in the previous attack, Marcel thrusts his dhurive deep into your body.
    Health Lost: 962, cutting.

He hits me for more than I can hit him and with ents hits for around 1800 plus bleeding and Carnifex damage/speed is op? He was doing that at 2.35 seconds no Carnifex will start out that fast or anywhere close to there. 
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    Let's not straight up lie now, @Barda. Slash thrust as dex is around 3s and slower at neutral.

• He said he was hitting at 2.35 I am going off what he gave me.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    I apologize then. He was mistaken. A slash stab is 2.35 at level 2 balance. A slash thrust, which is what you saw, is around 3.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    You step in to strike yourself with your dhurive.
    Your blade opens up a long wound across yourself as you move around for a second
    strike.
    Balance Used: 1.93 seconds
    In a fluid motion, you ready another blow at yourself.
    Using the momentum from your previous attack to your advantage, you thrust your
    second blade deep into yourself.
    Balance Used: 1.20 seconds
    Time to recover: 3.12 seconds.
    H:79% M:100% E:97% W:99% Bl: 50 XP:69% [csdb e-] -1086h (cutting) -40e
  • Ok he is hitting at 2.75 seconds with a blessing as Muscular stat pack.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    And what are the damage numbers there? That matches up with a slash stab. Judging by what you posted, on your audit it should be 439 (same as slash) on both hits. What is your max health and audit?

• 4940 max health and a 40/41 Audit for cutting blunt. He was using slash+stab
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    I think I would recognize the attacks of a class I mained for 9 months or so. What you posted, and what Angwe posted, were slash-thrusts, not slash stabs. If you could, please post the damage numbers for a slash stab.

• Marcel steps towards you, dhurive ready for a blow.
    Marcel slashes one end of his dhurive at you, opening up a long wound.
    Health Lost: 395, cutting.
    Hmmmm. Why is everything so difficult to figure out?
    Marcel fluidly moves his dhurive towards you, preparing another blow.
    Marcel moves his dhurive and a quick stab follows the previous attack.
    Health Lost: 395, cutting.
    A prickly stinging overwhelms your body, fading away into numbness.

He was using thrust before 
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • 800 sounds about right for that speed, no problem there.

• Yea but when slash+thrust is only .2 seconds or so slower for double damage that is a huge difference in damage for no change is speed. You could potentially auto bash anyone to death with 1400 + ents damage every 2.75 seconds.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    It's not .2s slower. Angwe is dexterous. His slash stab is around 2.35 - his slash thrust is at 3.01. Ask Marcel, who is in a neutral statpack it looks, how fast his slash thrust is.

• That's what he said his slash+thrust was doing 2.75 where his slash+stab does 2.55
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • I'm not saying you are wrong or anything I can only go off the speeds he gives me
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    Well he's obviously wrong, because his slash thrust can't be faster than Dexterous while his slash stab is slower. Ask him again. Use smaller words, I don't know.

Ezalor
  • You were right he was reading his balances wrong entirely he is at 2.7 and 3.65. 
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Is he using CONFIG BALANCE_TAKEN ON?