The overprotective father

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
Sharing a small snippet of a longer log, mostly because it made me giggle.

Backstory:
Angwe has found an interesting place and wants to show it off for Teani. They then get cozy on the couch and he finally gathers the courage to kiss her for the first time. The moment they break the kiss, this happens:

Meltas tells you, "Teani Dear! I was wondering. Would you be interested in breaking my limbs? Need to test while branding a target."

You tell The Bearmage, Meltas Fiadhaich Frost, "Dad! I, uh... mmm, well. Can it wait a little?"

Meltas tells you, "Depends...You with someone?"

You tell The Bearmage, Meltas Fiadhaich Frost, "Um.. yeah..."

Meltas tells you, "Are they important. Or can I soulrend them?"

You tell The Bearmage, Meltas Fiadhaich Frost, "Dad!! No, it's Angwe! No soulrending. I like him!"

You have emoted: Teani suddenly sits up straight and freezes, eyes going wide.

The door to the west is opened from the other side.
Meltas enters from the west, riding a misty grey mare.
Meltas closes the door to the west.
"Ha!" Meltas exclaims.
Meltas exclaims, "GOT YOU!"

You have emoted: "Dad!" Teani exclaims, jumping back a little on her couch, separating herself a little from Angwe. Her voice is filled with frustration and she rolls her eyes.

Angwe pulls away as you sits up. "Wha-" His question is interrupted by Meltas' sudden entrance, and his ears kip forward as he sits upright on the couch, a growl in his throat.

Meltas asks Scout Master Angwe Arcan, "Don't you Growl at me mister Angwe. What are you doing with my daughter?"

"I was 'bout to ask her to become my mate," Angwe answers bluntly.

Meltas turns his gaze to you. "As for you." His eyes narrow looking back at Angwe as he answer.

Meltas snorts slightly looking at you once more. Expecting a response.

You have emoted: Teani gets up and rounds the couch to approach Meltas. Poking a finger at his ribs, she says, "Hey!" At Angwe's response, she seems taken back as well and turns around to look at him instead.

Angwe brushes a damp dread out of his face, claws dipping into the pocket of his coat. "You heard me," he says, fishing out a hopelessly soaked cigarette butt.

Turning to face you, Scout Master Angwe Arcan asks, "So, how 'bout it? Will you never stop arguing with me, calling me out on my shit?"

Meltas gives a slight smirk resting gently on his staff.

Angwe sticks the butt between his lips. The end of the cigarette sags comically.

You have emoted: "I... really?" Teani keeps looking at Angwe. "Well, of course I won't stop. That's who I am!" A puzzled expression creeping over her face. "You're saying you don't want me to stop that? And still want to be with me?"

Angwe nods his head affirmatively.

Meltas pulls out a pipe and fills it with some herbs before lighting it. He sticks the pipe between his lips and takes a couple puffs a small grin spreading on his lips.

As Angwe nods his head eagerly, the end of his cigarette falls off, landing in his lap.

Raising an eyebrow, you ask Angwe, "So if I call you a dumbnut, you won't go running away from me?"

You say, "That is... if I have a good reason to."

You feel your blood heat your cheeks as you flush.

At your response Meltas nearly chokes as he inhales his pipe.

You have emoted: Teani glances over at a cloaked figure, smirking at his predicament.

Meltas regains some composure as he awaits Angwe's response.

A smile finds it's way to Angwe's face as the tension drains from his frame. "If you have reason to," he reassures you. "Ya cracked obsidian pup, you."

Meltas blinks.

Meltas stands up straight and bops Angwe over the head with his staff. "I beg your pardon." He says.

You have emoted: Teani narrows her eyes at Angwe, but as a Meltas moves over to bop him over the head, she stays back, crossing her arms. "I'm no pup. That's the only thing you can't call me." She glances over at Meltas, offering him a nod as thanks.

Angwe snarls in response, showing his teeth. "Butt out, woulja?!" he cries, rubbing at the top of his head.

Scout Master Angwe Arcan says to you, "And you... alright. Agreed."

Moxie

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Much love to @Angwe and @Meltas for this. I giggled so much.

Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Aww, cute. I like Angwe's take on love. Very fierce, Sentinel-feral!

Also, I really hope part of the larger log involved Meltas flooding the room, otherwise I don't want to speculate on why Angwe's cigarettes are wet and limp.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The location we were in required some transportation through water to get to.