The Official Wiki

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited May 2013 in Town Crier
Hey, we have a wiki! And no, it's not that one, I'm talking about the real one.

As a member of Belakai's official wiki fix-it crew, it is my goal to make it simply the most useful reference for all things Aetolia. If you want to know what curing skills are stopped by Indifference or how much equilibrium time Tweak uses, the aim is to make AetoliaWiki the place to go.

omg Lin that is so cool, can i help
Yes, yes you absolutely can. I would like to point you to a few things:
  1. You can log in right the hell now. Just like these forums, you can use your character's name and password to access the wiki. You can even customize your own page and everything!
  2. You can start on absolutely anything you want. Like really, anything. I ask that you mind certain caveats, though. First, please check the Community Discussion page, which will list most wanted pages, broken links, and things like that. If you don't know where to start, that is a recommended place, but is by no means necessary. Secondly, please look at some articles on Wikipedia and note how they are constructed. We don't have all the crazy templates and infoboxes (yet), but it is important that you maintain readability.

If left unchecked, I'm perfectly happy to plug away at it myself, but these things work out best when everyone chips in! So come on over, take a gander.
Ghetz

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited February 2013
    So! @Emelle's request for a pre-emote list on the forums got me thinking as to why not have one on the official Aetolia wiki too for convenience's sake. Plus it reminded me that I intended to help out here anyway!

A question though... o_o how do I make/find current Templates on the site to reuse? I previewed my attempt on just copying straight from the game and it didn't pan out too well. The only thing I know how to do on there are the AB pages and that's only cause I just copied your script from another page and replugged the right info. The templates page doesn't exist yet so thought I'd ask here.

Edit: Okay, I lied! There is a template page but http://wiki.aetolia.com/Help#Templates just needs to properly redirect you here. I'll do that now. >_> Please fix it if I break something.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Good luck. Don't do a ton of work and hope someone decides they want a different layout so all your work doesn't show up anymore. It's a real buzzkiller.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That's all good! Later on I want to make a master template page that shows them off (like on Ankyrean Archives) but it's a lot of work, and there are far more important things that need to be finished.

Like the stupid portal pages. >.<
    edited February 2013
    Daskalos said:

Good luck. Don't do a ton of work and hope someone decides they want a different layout so all your work doesn't show up anymore. It's a real buzzkiller.

I don't know what you're referring to, but a lot of the pages you made don't have links or categories, so they don't show up anyway. They're called orphans, and we have to edit them.

Do you mean this? All I did was move your table to a different page and make it pretty.
    edited February 2013
    @Lin, how do I make a pretty template? >_> I failed at it.

Edit: To clarify my problem - I wanted to make a grid/table that listed all 766 premotes then below have all the untargetted/targetted examples of them. Unfortunately, it's not doing what I want it to do and everything is coming out scrambled together. I tried my hand at making a template by looking at some of the ones that have been made already but the lingo and format of the actual code is lost on me.

You need only look at the PREMOTES page to see the fail I've managed. xD
    havenbanner2
    Haven said:
    @Lin, how do I make a pretty template? >_> I failed at it.

Edit: To clarify my problem - I wanted to make a grid/table that listed all 766 premotes then below have all the untargetted/targetted examples of them. Unfortunately, it's not doing what I want it to do and everything is coming out scrambled together. I tried my hand at making a template by looking at some of the ones that have been made already but the lingo and format of the actual code is lost on me.

You need only look at the PREMOTES page to see the fail I've managed. xD
    I left you a note on your talk page.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @lin just so you and anyone else knows.  Desiccation in Teradrim skill set is spelled Desiccation not Dessication.  I have updated all the pages on this and corrected the Teradrim page with the right skills instead of earth and sand still being used.   heh
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited February 2013

Lin said:
    Daskalos said:

I don't know what you're referring to, but a lot of the pages you made don't have links or categories, so they don't show up anyway. They're called orphans, and we have to edit them.

Do you mean this? All I did was move your table to a different page and make it pretty.

No, I meant stuff like this, which if you don't search for, no one knows exists, because you decided to switch to portals, hiding all sorts of work and making the WIKI look barren again and negating the work that was being put up.

http://wiki.aetolia.com/Events

Sorry, but that's why I quit working on it, because you couldn't make up your mind and kept changing things, and after a while, it gets old doing things multiple times. Anyways, not getting into it, whoever decides to help, good luck.  Right now, a WIKI that has information on it PERIOD is better, instead of a bunch of dead and empty links, as it stands now. If you're going to make sweeping changes, you might as well move everything over -first- rather than making us look like the game without a WIKI again except for the Guild\RP sections.

Just my two cents.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Well, glad I know this now. Would have been good to mention it before instead of posting it here in public, but hey, it's that much more incentive to finish the portals (which would, naturally, feature the Events page prominently).
    edited April 2013
    I think this is what you wanted @Emelle.

Took me forever to do but with @Lin's (funny thing, I was missing a single character in every line of the code, that's why it didn't work before @Lin! xD God help me.) help on the code I got it done! ...now to add in the second part describing what each emote does targeted and untargeted.
    havenbanner2
    Emelle
  • mm, Can we have the revamped Teradrim skills replace the old ones in the Skills list please? I'd really like to review them whenever possible :)
    Calipso said:
    mm, Can we have the revamped Teradrim skills replace the old ones in the Skills list please? I'd really like to review them whenever possible :)
    umm done.... although the skills were already there just under the Guild itself.  I have updated the Sand and Earth for Desiccation and Terramancy
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Calipso
  • Any chance the Dhuriv skill for Sentinels can get its ability list added too? Currently missing. Thanks :)
    Calipso said:
    Any chance the Dhuriv skill for Sentinels can get its ability list added too? Currently missing. Thanks :)
    man you are demanding!!  lol   Cant do that one as I dont have the skill set, but I am sure someone will
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Efficienccccccccccccccy!

hehe.  What can I say, I like a well-stocked archives ^_^
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Hey, I put up Dhuriv.
    Calipso
    I know we're all massive narcissists, so echoing the Ankyrean Archives, I set up an easy means to help you create a page for your character.
    TeaniAoiveae
  • Can anybody edit the Wiki?

I just noticed Audit isn't listed in the Survival skill page.
    It says, literally on the front page, that anyone who plays Aetolia can edit it.
  • Heh, should've read the frontpage instead of google around for the articles I was interested in.
  • I should be careful, i can get carried away with lore/info sites :p

<3 wowwiki.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    The WoW nerd in me wants someone to post all the known damage formula's on each classes page and how much each increase in an attribute increases damage of damage dealing attacks and so on and so forth, same with weapons. I'm dumb so I can't do it, but I thought I'd throw that idea out there. Others might like it too.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    God I wish. Unfortunately we're not privy to damage formulas and the amount of testing to roughly guess at it considering all the variables like audit and strength and weapon penetration etc etc is pretty onerous. 
    I would kill for that kind of info.
    I vaguely remember Belakai coming close to giving me and Tierus frenzy damage formula once when frenzy was broken. I was just assuming they'd been more open with it since then, my b.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Lots of us would kill for that kind of info :D. But no, just like KFC's secret recipe, only a select few know!
    edited June 2013
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Another idea - Instead of just reformatting the skill lists in the class settings, put what the skill actually does. For instance, Siphon in mentis costs 50 mana to use while transferring 10% of your targets mana back to you, etc etc. Affliction inducing skills are pretty straight forward, but someone could do that for all of the resistance skills as well based off of just audit. I would try to assist in this, but I'm deathly scared of breaking the wiki. I had a bad experience once.

Draiman said:
    Another idea - Instead of just reformatting the skill lists in the class settings, put what the skill actually does. For instance, Siphon in mentis costs 50 mana to use while transferring 10% of your targets mana back to you, etc etc. Affliction inducing skills are pretty straight forward, but someone could do that for all of the resistance skills as well based off of just audit. I would try to assist in this, but I'm deathly scared of breaking the wiki. I had a bad experience once.
    we have been asking for rewrites of the AB files for YEARS upon YEARS!!   And they NEVER get done
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Maybe if you wiki know-how guys did a good job the admin would learn from your example and implement those changes in-game.

Kikon