Qelres Misi

Slimy. Nazetu. Probably has bed bugs.
Tetchta

Comments

• Qelres does have bed bugs, but curiously enough they have all but found themselves gone in their last two interactions.

What can I say, though? Qelres has such a unique character as one of the only Nazetu she's interacted with, and the relationship they share with Elene is definitely complicated. From student to acquaintance, to enemy and rival, timezones do make it difficult to catch this Nazetu to roleplay with. Shifting dynamics and situations have seen both of their characters change, and I'm enthused to see how it will play out now.

You write beautiful emotes that I can appreciate, and that has only forced me to churn out emotes of higher quality.
    Qelres
  • It's been a long ride and it could definitely be longer. We talked about a less creepy Phantom of the Opera parallel once, and I have to say I am very happy with the dynamic we have between our characters now.

Gali never seemed to be able to derive everything she wanted from life from one person alone. This time? I dunno, a nice unlife running an apothecary together, chilling with a few drinks, possible design ping-pong.... she finds comfort in it, different as it may be from the ideals she was taught. Qelres certainly has persevered, and let me tell you, it's paying off.

There might be discord hidden in the seams, as life with different people may come to have, but I'm happy to explore even those when the other party writing has such skill. My compliments and my thanks for sticking to our story.
    QelresAolin
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Gross, rather cold, her warmth comes out of left field, and is twisted by Iosai ideals (in both Axi and Qelres' interaction) It's always interesting when they were interacting.
    Qelres
  • OKAY SO. RPing with Qelres that day was delightful because everyone (Idk if you've noticed) in Aetolia is a hot babe. Qelres 5000% took Kai by -complete- surprise the day she was reading things in the library at BL. So, Kai is eternally very cheerful and striving to be nice to everyone - and Qelres, quite frankly, -reeks- and is horrifying. So here's Kai, researching nerd stuff, trying to have this polite conversation with Qelres who is... Well. Qelres. It's honestly the first time I've come across RP like this and I love it.

This biggest heartbreak was when she was about to leave and Qelres was like kbai, looking sad, and Kai was like we can totally talk again sometime! And Qelres just sort of dejectedly declined. You are literally the first time Kaiara was [unintentionally or intentionally] rude to someone.

Despite the rejection, I hope they get to interact again!
    Qelres
  • Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew EW EW. Qelres is disgusting, vile, amoral, horrific, and I can *hear* the emotes they make as they write them.

This is why I love rping with them. They gross Saidenn out on a fundamental, offensive level, and it is absolutely wonderful to find a character that offends the cat by simply existing. They do have a brilliant mind, wonderful acumen, and that is why Sai is... not happy, but grateful on a scientific level to have them around. But...

Gross.

EleneKaiaraQelresAolin
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    Qelres.

What an absolutely masterfully crafted character. I can and will sing their praises to the highest heavens, for so many reasons. First, uniqueness of concept. Qelres is not just different, they're different in a visceral way, one that demands a reaction. They're like a walking litmus test of an RPer's ability to react to the world in a genuine way. And it's not just passive- it's active. You go out of your way to place other characters in situations that make them confront their internal ethics, beliefs, viewpoints.

It is superb.

And on top of that, you do it with such astonishing style and panache. Your emotes are gorgeous, your attention to detail unparalleled, and the way you hold other people to high standards of RP- not by shaming them for not meeting it but by rewarding them with exceptional scenes if they do- is without compare.

Not to mention the way you encourage new characters through interaction and esteems- you were the very first esteem I ever got on both Aolin and Irys (and a couple of unnamed alts that came and maybe went and who can say), and it was so freaking encouraging.

And that's not even getting in to how complicated and incredibly rewarding to explore the friendship between Qel and Ao has been. That's a whole other rave.

You are a treasure, a sticky yucky wonderful treasure. Never change. <3
    QelresFyrrenElene
  • After our last little RP, I find myself back here to give praise again (though I already have done so again through esteem and private tells), you are easily becoming one of my favorite people to RP with.

It's not just the concept of the character and the craft of the emotes but the way you can get into deep philosophical concepts that just keeps me wanting more. I am loving seeing Qelres as a character learn and from it I feel that Fyrren is learning and solidifying further his beliefs and the teachings he preaches to others.

You are my undead hero.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Qelres
  • A refreshingly unique character. Not afraid to color outside the lines with bug n' gut crayons and still manages to turn every interaction into a singular sort of art. Rinn is a standoffish sort by nature, but there's perhaps only one other person he is more fascinated with than Qelres. I always find myself grinning at our scenes. The fact that they are so different is delightful. 
    Qelres
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    As I roleplay more and more after my return over a year ago, I've grown to appreciate just how much variety of emote/roleplay styles there are. Everyone emphasises things differently, writes and presents with a different ethos and focus--how much editorializing, how much utilitarianism, etc, etc. Qel is written with a really unique blend of utility and prose. Sometimes, when it enhances the mood, there's an editorial slant and it really just immedialy tethers me to the body language, reaction, and feel of Qel as a character in any given scene.

From a character standpoint, I always enjoy when Qel and Tet are in a scene together. They're like oil and water in so many ways, but all it seems to do is drag the complexities of the two of them out to shine. They highlight each other's contrasts, and yet, astoundingly, get along. I really love roleplaying with Qel as a real person (you) and a character (the...character.) My only real regret is that I often have something interrupt our scenes that makes it so I have to leave. As much fun as it is to batman someone mysteriously, I feel bad having to cut stuff short constantly.

tl;dr
    nasty lil slime goblin with weird teeth is A+

Qelres
  • Qelres was one of the first people Renli ever got to interact with outside of the Syssin Guild. They're a fascinating and fantastic introduction to the diversity and the variety of people that exist not only in Spinesreach, but in the game at large. Qelres is intriguing and patient - inviting a young, hotheaded little Syssin to inquire further without giving away the entirety of their being. And Renli -adores- a mystery.

Seeing Qelres interact both with Inkh and, individually and as a separate entity, is a really fascinating experience and is one that I've greatly enjoyed being both participant and observer of.

I look forward to future interactions with Qelres!
    Qelres
  • I look forward to every insightful and contentious conversation Inthirath and Qelres have. Their opposing viewpoints and where interests overlap keep things incredibly interesting and I feel like Inthirath grows after every encounter. You write so well and I am trying to improve my writing to keep up!