Mafia: We're Bringing it Back (Signup)

This is a signup thread/expression of interest for a game of Mafia. Also taking suggestions for themes, roles, alternate rules, et cetra et cetra.
KiyotanAldricValenae

Comments

• I'm definitely in.

Since this is the first mafia of the new forums, let's do a somewhat easy vanilla Aet-themed game?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Definitely in! Aetolia theme sounds good for people to ease back into it.
  • I'll try.
  • Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We'd have the Doctor role, Detective role, and a proportional band of Mafiosos, and that would be it.
  • Except, since this is Aetolia-themed, we're naming them Priest, Monk, and Syssin respectively.
  • I've never played Mafia before but there's a first time for everything. Count me in :]
  • Eh, why not. Count me in.

• What's Mafia?
  • http://mafiascum.net/

It's basically a detective type game where the town (one group of players) and the mafia (another group of players) attempt to kill each other until the other side is eradicated. There are a number of special roles to mix things up a bit and such but that's the basic premise.

It's very fun!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm in.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Sign me up!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Im in :)
  • I'll do it :)
  • I'm in too :)
  • I have never played. I'll watch

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I'll play!

• Never played before, but I've watched quite a few of the other games played.

Count me in, this time!
  • Here was a pretty fun game, if I do remember correctly, similar to the theme we're considering right now for those of you that'd like to actually see how the game itself works on the forums:

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Wow, I love the introduction.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Tree too.
  • Giving it until fourteen hours from now for people to finish signing up. I'll have the actual game thread open soon.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Me! I want to play too!
  • I'll play!

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Btw: Nyrus, that game was awful. We didn't even finish it. >.<

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• I... realized that after I went back and read the whole thing >_>

In regards to the game though Elanth, I don't remember specifically what the instances that made it necessary were, but don't forget that with these new forums we can't go back and edit posts after an hour. Not sure if that actually affects this game or not.
  • I realized that, and I don't think it will significantly impact the game.