Straid

Straid has been consuming my life, and I have no regrets.
He has been all over the map and had some truly amazing interactions with the denizens of Aetolia. I am ever looking forward to what will happen next.

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Bestowed upon me by the very talented @Pieri
    IesidRihrinStineMoxieSibattiValorie
  • It's only fair that I make sure to post for you as well!

Straid is an absolute delight. Rihrin as a character has been mostly stuck in her own little bubble for so long that it's nice to get someone who challenges her thoughts/concepts of life. He's not at all what she expected by just doing her random snack-delivery-service, but it's been such a blast to see how they interact.

You write so well, and have really developed this character in such a detailed way, that every single interaction makes me want more. I feel like I'm just barely starting to peel back the first layers, and I cannot wait to see what comes next.
    Straid
  • edited January 2021
    All hail the bestower. It's certainly been a joy whipping it up, which you can very much take as testament to how much your writing has drawn me in.

The best thing about your writing is your ability to make use of the surroundings, of color and that particular flavor and system of Straid's eyes. It makes the scene feel real, gives Straid the right blend of otherness and magic so befitting of the Chromatic Court - while making what he feels subtle, subject for guessing and picking apart hours after the scene is done. It gives me what I need to open Pieri up a little, try RP a little more straightforward than I might with Galilei. Which brings me to the next point:

I've been wondering what sort of person Pieri ought to be. Interactions with you have helped me find one major theme, which you will get to see in both her thoughts and her actions. It's going to be a fun thing to explore and hopefully it will be so for you also, because I tell you truly: Omei is not the only flame that draws Pieri's moth so close.
    Straid
  • Straid's presence in Sapience now is entirely not the same as it was when I created this thread in a juvenile fit of curiosity. I thought I might give it a bump on hopes of receiving some feedback and constructive criticism. Or maybe even some quality blind jokes. 😈
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I like his potential! Want to see more of what he does in the Shamans.
    Straid
  • Sibatti said:
    I like his potential! Want to see more of what he does in the Shamans.
    *cough* Do your ritual already, Straid *cough* 😂
    SibattiSekeres
  • I have been sitting on my heels on what to write for Straid.

The countless interactions we have had are well-written, whether they have been sessions between us or in a variety of group settings. You are a flexible, masterful writer that brings him to life in a way that keeps me engaged while also makes me think beyond the moment or scene that we happen to be in. The style for Straid grows more established the more we happen to have fun together. I will always seek you out for those complexities your create.

My character has a bond with Straid that, while still developing is one that is highly valued. Whether it is in Omeiian RP or outside of that, I'm wondering what Straid will narrate to the next part of his multitude of stories.
    Straid
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    I have so much to say about both Straid as a character and you as his player, so buckle up. :D Aolin doesn't have many real friends, so to hit it off with someone so quickly and deeply is an astonishment and an absolute treasure.

Straid himself is just absolutely fascinating, if not downright magnetic. Every single thing he does, big or small, positively crackles with personality and a sense that you're glimpsing just the surface of something infinitely complex and deep. He is beautifully crafted with details, and truly has every aspect of an excellent character- ethos, pathos, and logos are present in each and every interaction and give so much damn flavor that you can't resist coming back for another taste.

As for you, you take this fantastically crafted character and positively bring him to life. Your grasp of dynamics, wordplay, atmosphere, and pacing are all simply phenomenal. You reach into him and make him breathe and feel in a genuinely tangible way, and I can't applaud you enough for it.

Straid
  • Ugh, my heart. 😭
    I told you guys to criticize me, not make me FEEL THINGS. 

That said, your words really mean a lot to me as I have tremendous respect for all three of you as players, writers, and storytellers. I'm truly happy that Straid even gets to stand among you. 
    Sekeres
  • edited March 2021
    I'll just leave this here.... 👀
    RihrinAolin
  • Eh, bump. Been a long time and my lad has been around a bit. Anyone got beef? 😈
  • Forestbird.
    Straid
  • All the beef. All of it. There has been like no interaction and I'm putting all the blame on you and a haughty squirrel! But seriously, what little I have seen of Straid has been very amusing to watch. Straid seems like he has his ducks in a row even if the squirrel refuses to line up! That's about all I can say about him right now! I hope to learn more!
    Straid
  • Saltz said:
    Forestbird.
    Wow, taking it way back.
    Made me smile. 
  • Ayastia said:
    All the beef. All of it. There has been like no interaction and I'm putting all the blame on you and a haughty squirrel! But seriously, what little I have seen of Straid has been very amusing to watch. Straid seems like he has his ducks in a row even if the squirrel refuses to line up! That's about all I can say about him right now! I hope to learn more!
    So much beef. Inordinate quantities of beef. I will accept the blame as Straid notoriously does not chase people down. Character flaw. The scenes he has shared with Aya definitely piqued his interest, though. I've no doubt our characters will get the chance to RP more in the future.

Post Script: The Squirrel is untameable. It is a simple fact of the multiverse. 😐
    DidiAyastia
  • Come to think of it, I never really did mention any reasons for Pieri's decisions regarding him, so might as well.

He is a force she cannot shape, and Pieri will instinctively release what she cannot shape if there isn't something greater to be gained than the fear of losing control over herself. The confusion of waking up to a world that waits for no one was a chance for escape, to build on solid ground and not simply chase after quicksilver.

The first admittedly turbulent chapter of Pieri's life is now sewn shut with a little mind magic. The idea for that I just kind of rolled with after it came to me, another example of how it's easy to branch out and explore when the person you're RPing with really knows his trade. How securely it's sewn I guess one could find out, but even if we don't, it was still fun, and thanks for the time you did spend during Pieri's baby years.
    Straid
  • loves: love your writing, super detail-oriented and consistently in character, super creative.
    pet peeves: oneiromancy is pretty but doesn't show up in the communications window so it's a lot easier to lose while doing other stuff
    wishlist: more in person interactions if the preferred medium is oneiromancy

Teotl doesn't know what to do with Straid. Probably because the dynamic has shifted in such extremes so many times and Teo doesn't really have a stable measure to go off of so they go off this incredibly critical and hyper-analytical lens that nobody really looks that great in.
    It's a tiiiime.
    I'm also just too tired as a writer to tackle that dynamic so it's one of those weird, how do I rp 'I wanna do this project with you, but our relationship development is on pause', things.

Chaos.
    Straid
  • AolinAolin Inside a transdimensional bakery
    It's been five months since I wrote one of these for Straid, and holy freaking shirtballs, it has been a ride. And I mean this in the best way. Bit by organic bit, step by natural step, and layer by carefully uncovered layer, the relationship between Straid and Aolin has become astonishingly close and deep and so very multifaceted. It is easily one of the most well-fleshed out interpersonal dynamics I've ever had the pleasure of reading, much less writing, with countless (at this point) hours on end spent on patient and skilled storytelling and character-building.

It has, and continues to be, one of the most fulfilling and incredible experiences I've had in this game, and it beats the hell out of anything that came before IREs.

So, thank you. Thank you for your brilliant writing, your endless capacity for flexible roleplay and creativity, your ability to pull off both lighthearted humor and the most serious grimdark, your wonderfully crafted character, and so much more.

Keep being an absolute treasure. <3
    DidiStraidSaltz
  • edited September 2021
    Lurk.

IesidRaahReave
  • needs more baby squirrel (but actually it's beautiful. And lacks baby squirrel.)
    Straid
  • Further lurking. 

Reave

• An official return begs some official art. Good to be back.
    Maeve