A Prayer Answered [Varian comes to Duiran]

edited August 2022 in Roleplay Logs
Background: During Rihrin's tenure as Voice, she sent a message to Varian to ask for help in fixing Dendara. He replied with a message that was decoded as saying: "Fret not child, your plea has been heard. I will send someone when I am able to." We finally had them arrive!

Warning: This is going to be long!

(Duiran): Eaku says, "Seems someone's yelling for the Voice and Speakers at the Core."

The massive core of the Great Oak.
Hovering nearby is the sight of a black and yellow honey bee. An ammolite buckler shield lies here. A massive hermit crab lingers here, protected by a thick white shell. A mule stands stubbornly, hooves planted solidly in the ground. There are 14 delicate flora samples here. One eye's gaze fixed on something beyond, Runecarver Rhydderch slouches here. Raest stands here, clasping a great spear in his right hand as he overlooks the primordial heart of the Great Oak. Humming with energy, a crystal aegis has been attuned to this location. Leather and steel, a suit of scale mail is here. There are 9 samples of fur and hide here. A valuable suit of steel chain mail is here. Fell green energy emanates from the pulsing core of the Great Oak, a massive pillar erupting from the earth to tower over the Heartwood. Positioned with solemn purpose, a large silver bell hangs here. A pale oneiromancer enjoys the shade of the forest. In a heap, an ivy embroidered summer cloak lies here. A silk-covered, woven swing hangs from a stand here. A large, blood-splattered totem has been erected here, formed of obsidian, ivory and red-wood. Facing outwards and surrounding the totem are a large ivory bear, an obsidian raven and a red-wood serpent. A majestic white stag occasionally tosses its antler-crowned head as it scans its surroundings with alert eyes. A Duiran novice chest sits here, resembling an overgrown stump. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A gentle pony grazes contentedly nearby. Antennae twitching at the slightest breeze, an oversized ant is here. There are 24 dirt samples here. A shining iron mace lies here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Torrents of water twist and shift around the watery form of an undine aquacaster here, masterfully manipulating her element. Searching around to forage for its next meal, an arrogant lemming lingers here. A straight staff of almost pure white pine lies on the ground. There are 2 brilliant tulips here. A delicate grish flower has been strewn on the ground. A Maddelif flower grows here. A painted night sky parasol lies here. There are 2 fierce phoenix pipes here. A delicately painted tea-cup has been dropped here. There are 4 burly centaur crossbowmen here. There are 2 cloaked forestal wardens here. With a stoic expression, a Sentaari monk stands here. There are 2 barbaric Satyr shamans here. A small porcelain cup with a peach-blossom design has been left here. An ornate rapier lies here, twinkling brightly. Set up here is an expansive map table, holding maps aplenty within its storage. Upended and abandoned, a vicious-looking selkachoar lies here. A cluster of one hundred durdalis clacks about in haphazard formation, marked with green and brown paint. They wear the blessing of Haern. There are 3 wooden buckets here. Chiming notes ring out with the presence of a synthetic elemental abiding here. Appearing vastly taller than he is, Oskar Emerson lingers here. Like a bird-shaped hole in space, a dark raven spirit glides through the air. Of a pale and otherworldly form, a sylvan eland stands here in silence. A fairly large toad sits quietly here. Standing vigilant, a bespectacled ancestral simulacrum waits here. A hulking orgyuk stands nearby, pristine white fur marked with bold red ink. Esrytesh Sibatti dur Naya, the Seven-Eyed is here. She wields a thin split quarterstaff bearing shrunken heads in her hands. Aisling dur Naya is here. Valeria is here. She wields a cavalry shield in her left hand and a throwing axe in her right. Stine D. Emerson is here. He wields a pair of heavy wargauntlets in his hands. Jhura Gallant, the Imago's Violinist is here. She is riding on a capricious astral feline. She wields a shimmering chromatic selkachoar in her left hand and a chaotic buckler festooned with moths in her right. Pentarch Kalena Emerson is here. She wields a pair of heavy wargauntlets in her hands. Raest, Hunter of the Heartwood is a tutor. View HELP LEARNING for more information about learning skills. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife. A monstrous apparition looms menacingly from within the fog, surrounded by writhing tentacles. A nearby sign draws attention to the presence of a novice chest.
You see exits leading east, north, south, and west.
[HINT]: Oskar Emerson seems particularly alert.

Iesid arrives from the south.

"An emissary was promised. I am He." Oskar Emerson offers in response to the confused tangle of thoughts. "Dismiss those not of Duiran, and We shall speak." He states again, the weight of unfathomable Divine authority in His voice brooking no protest or refusal.

Sibatti just thought:
Oh, f---

Rihrin arrives from the east.

Aisling's brow furrows, attention turning towards Kalena, "Pray leave us, Pentarch. For the moment." She requests.

Rihrin steps in without saying anything, but makes her way around to see what's going on.

Though she arrives later than most, the words catch Valorie's attention immediately, her gaze drifting to Kalena.

Jhura reaches over to gently squeeze Kalena's arm.

Sibatti just thought:
He will be safe.

Kalena hesitantly steps away from Stine, giving a look over Oskar Emerson before she slowly backs away.

Jakarn arrives from the east.
He is followed by a raven spirit.

Kalena leaves to the south.
She is followed by a bespectacled ancestral simulacrum.

Iesid just thought:
Fury sings in him.

With the departure, Sibatti turns her attention back to Oskar Emerson. "The floor is yours."

Aisling rolls her shoulders, sidestepping closer to Iesid, eye turning back towards Oskar and lingering there.

Streaks of lightning crackle across the floor as Eaku treads in from the west.

With the Pentarch's departure, Oskar Emerson turns His empty eyes on Sibatti. "We will go somewhere private. Lead." And He follows behind Sibatti, His motions laden with otherworldly grace and absent any of the immature comportment one might expect.

Oskar Emerson begins to follow Sibatti.

You begin to follow Sibatti.

(Duiran): Sibatti says, "Follow, if you are."

Oskar Emerson says, "Bring those whose mouths can remain shut."

Chambers of the Consulate.
A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. Lying flat on the ground is a key-shaped sigil. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. There are 2 raven spirits here. Appearing vastly taller than he is, Oskar Emerson lingers here. Of a pale and otherworldly form, a sylvan eland stands here in silence. A fairly large toad sits quietly here. Chiming notes ring out with the presence of a synthetic elemental abiding here. Esrytesh Sibatti dur Naya, the Seven-Eyed is here. Eaku Redwood is here. He wields a regal heartwood bow of the Hunt in his hands. Aisling dur Naya is here. Valeria is here. She wields a cavalry shield in her left hand and a throwing axe in her right. Shaman Jakarn Aresti is here. He wields An Ursine engraved, redwood staff in his hands. Lady Rihrin of Sapphire is here. She wields a buckler in her left hand. Stine D. Emerson is here. He wields a pair of heavy wargauntlets in his hands. Jhura Gallant, the Imago's Violinist is here. She is riding on a capricious astral feline. She wields a shimmering chromatic selkachoar in her left hand and a chaotic buckler festooned with moths in her right. Iesid Mulariad is here. He wields a broad-bladed venantium falchion in his left hand. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife. A monstrous apparition looms menacingly from within the fog, surrounded by writhing tentacles.
You see a single exit leading down (closed oak door).

The door to the down is opened from the other side.
Illikaal enters from the down, riding an immense, flowering toad.
The door to the down slams shut.

Oskar Emerson spares barely a moment to adequately absorb every detail of the surroundings, the lunar shimmers in His eyes reflecting the roots and chairs and furnishings. He manouevres Himself briskly in the direction of the councillor's chairs, sinking into one with all the august regality of a King. Those eyes are now for Rihrin alone, His voice sharp, and concise. "An emissary was promised, though you are Voice no longer, driven out by manipulation and strife." He leaves no space for reaction, not a moment's heartbeat to respond. "Nevertheless, I have sent a fragment of Myself to you. To offer aid."

Oskar Emerson just thought:
There is little of the child left in that mind now, crammed with every ounce of memory and knowledge that could fit without premature death.

Sibatti nods at Oskar Emerson, and then looks to Rihrin. "The interpretation was correct, then."

You think:
"Is this... a part of the Celestine?"

Eaku just thought:
And here we are.

Glancing at the crowd, Rihrin takes a moment before she steps forward and speaks carefully, her tone icy but selective, "I am thankful for Your time, truly. The world is in a dire position, not just Dendara - which is what I called upon You for." She exhales there a heavy breath, looking weary, "Ohslana approaches now, though I know You have come on my calling to help fix the Spiral so Dendara can recover."

Aisling just thought:
A ripple runs through her, up her spine, and it is quickly pushed down.

(Speakers of Duiran): Jakarn says, "What aide do we even ask of...this."

(Speakers of Duiran): Eaku says, "Whatever it can give, which will not harm."

"The question is thus," Oskar Emerson begins slowly. There is no strain of effort in His voice yet it carries, clear and crisp as a chiming bell. "You wish for Me to mend ailing, sick, wounded, dying, Dendara. What will you do for it?"

Valeria just thought:
Anything.

As the leaders of Duiran gather together, an otherwordly hush settles over the Hollow within which the heart of the Duiran Council resides as all the rest of rangers, guards, merchants and other councilors are muted to a stunned silence. A strange new Divine presence can be felt by the continent at large - that of Oskar Emerson.

(Speakers of Duiran): Eaku says, "I am a creature of pride, at times, and of Pride always, but what price is too much for Dendara? Let us see if one exists."

Sibatti just thought:
[ Danger ].

"Anything. Always." Rihrin says as she looks at Oskar Emerson steadily, her tone firm, "What would You ask of me, or of us, in this?"

(Speakers of Duiran): Sibatti says, "... is this really happening."

There is genuine concern in Him, for the Lirathyar, an earnest desire to spare it from its death.

Eaku just thought:
Promising a lot of 'anythings' lately. We will soon be unable to walk without tripping over one oath or another.

You think:
[Conflict. She doesn't like His presence. Not at all.].

Iesid just thought:
It was hard not to focus on who this essence was ensconced in.

Rihrin just thought:
"I am of Astral, but Prime is my sphere as well. If Prime is to survive, Dendara must thrive."

(Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "It is He."
(Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "Only Yanai has ever..."

(The Shadowguard): Feirenz says, "...out of curiosity, just what was -that-?"
(The Shadowguard): Pentas says, "Oskar.."
(The Shadowguard): Lenoriel says, "Kalena..? Isn't that your.."
(The Shadowguard): Kalena says, "Yes."

Sibatti is mostly still, her eyes moving in response to unseen, unheard things. Her brow furrows.

Stine has eyes only for Oskar Emerson, his fiery gaze staring at the body of his son without tearing away for even a split second.

"The death of the Lirathyar would spell the end of all mortal life." Oskar Emerson speaks with the aged wisdom of the Creator, His steady tone shorn free of emotion in favour of simple fact. He sits upright in His claimed throne, His body too small for it. "I harbour no desire to see such devastating loss occur."

Rihrin just thought:
[Some sense of relief, but it is brief.].

Memories stir of past Planes of Life that He has sown with the seeds of the recovered last. Renewal. The word radiates from Him like a tidal wave.

Aisling's mask shifts, the tight clench of her jaw before she speaks, each word measured, "Do You mean we would be bound to its maintenance? All of us are eager to be of service to Dendara, have forged contracts and promised all that we could." She rumbles.

Rihrin nods her head solemnly there, brow knitting downwards. Relief in her features, but replaced with a heavier concern.

You think:
"Don't think about what He has done already. Don't..."

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

Aisling dur Naya says, "What is it that would be required of us, should You aid it?"

Rihrin nods her head at Aisling.

Iesid just thought:
He would want loyalty against the Albedi, likely.

"So it would," Eaku agrees, easily. "And yet it is no easy task. So too I must ask - what is our price?"

"I stand here, in this borrowed form, as a mere flickering, ephemeral echo." Oskar Emerson maintains His blank, measured tone, every word carefully enunciated. "The perpetual struggle with My Counterpart prevents aught else."

Rihrin just thought:
"Oblivion.."

"Not Oblivion." The word seems to cast a flicker of momentary irritation over Oskar Emerson's lunar-lit visage. "The Eschaton."

Iesid just thought:
The figure within the moon, over the tundra's broken ice...

(The Shadowguard): Molotok says, "Her... what? What is this."
(The Shadowguard): Pentas says, "She and Stine were raising a little boy once upon a time, a sweet if rambunctious little thing. His name is Oskar. -That- Oskar."
(The Shadowguard): Molotok says, "Interesting."
(The Shadowguard): Kanivara says, "And... the child is now... a shell?"
(The Shadowguard): Xavin says, "...she is right here, you know."

"I'm thinking of..what we learned.." Rihrin lets out carefully as she grimaces a bit. Nonetheless, she carries on, "What could we mortals even do to help with that?"

Aisling bristles, though nothing comes but a shiver that spreads over her shoulders and eases away.

"The Eschaton struggles against Me as much as I against Him." Oskar Emerson responds, the moment of irritation seemingly forgotten. "If I am to help you, as I wish to, you will need to engineer a significant enough situation that He cannot ignore it, and will be forced to intervene." The God-child leaves no room for response or contemplation before pressing on. "This will give to Me the opportunity to act. Time, to carve the rot from the ailing Lirathyar and spare its healthy parts as seeds for another."

"Seeds for another?" Sibatti echoes.

You think:
"... a significant enough situation..."

Eaku pauses. "Did unintentionally starting a second War of Night not distract Him much, then?"

Valeria just thought:
We get to cause chaos?

Glancing to Sibatti, Rihrin nods her head and then there is another to Eaku, "I wonder on both of these points myself."

(Duiran): Sibatti says, "What would be a significant enough distraction?"
(Duiran): Rihrin says, "I have ideas."
(Duiran): Rihrin says, "But, I want to see what He says."
(Duiran): Stine says, "Last time it was Jox's release and subsequent destruction of the moon."
(Duiran): Jhura says, "If the threat of Ohlsana doesn't count as such, then I'm not sure."
(Duiran): Stine says, "Not..not exactly a desired repeat, there."
(Duiran): Jakarn says, "Can't we just like...send Iesid out in the world?"
(Duiran): Valeria says, "Iesid's already out in the world, don't think that'll be enough."
(Duiran): Iesid says, "I appreciate your confidence in mine ability to vex Creators."
(Duiran): Rihrin says, "You vex everyone, Iesid."
(Duiran): Jhura says, "Well, you do have plenty of experience."
(Duiran): Jakarn says, "I will never lose faith in you."

Eaku grunts noncommittally.

Sekeres arrives from the down.

"Seeds for another." Oskar Emerson replies to Sibatti's enquiry in confirmation. "I cannot fix both Dendara and the cracked Spiral that allows rot to consume it. Not in the time that will be available." There is a faint frown of regret at these words, but He quells it without a moment's hesitation. "Taking healthy cuttings in order to foster regrowth, and rebirth, is the basis of how worlds were made."

Oskar Emerson lifts His silver eyes to Eaku. "Fundamental Darkness is of the Eschaton's design. He does not care."

Aisling dur Naya says, "If You would do only one, would the Spiral not be best? Wouldn't the places left just be taken by rot in future?"

(Speakers of Duiran): Sibatti says, "What exactly is He saying here?"

You nod your head at Aisling, showing your acceptance.

Rihrin seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

Quietly, Iesid Mulariad asks, "So we must threaten something dear to Him?"

Eaku grunts at that, eyes widening just enough in surprise that the scars around his right twist. "That is... not reassuring, really," he says, dryly. "If repairing the Spiral instead is not an option, and we must ask You to create anew - what then happens to the Guardians that live now?"

Rihrin just thought:
"We could not do anything with the Fundamentals..but the elemental.." She's thinking.

You think:
[Drops of Godly essence hissing as they drip into a fire. An Oath sworn mere weeks ago. Is this really the option they have left...?].

Rihrin just thought:
"Or..the Helm..but that's more difficult.."

Her entrance a quiet one, Sekeres slinks into the group gathered by Oskar Emerson - listening.

"The rot extant in Dendara would kill all life regardless." Oskar Emerson states, His expression as He stares at Eaku contorting into something akin to how one might regard a particularly ignorant child. "A fresh Lirathyar will preserve your Guardians, and all that remains healthy within Dendara."

(Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "We must."

(Speakers of Duiran): Aisling says, "We must tear pieces of Dendara apart on the word of a known deceiver by attacking Gods we cannot reach?"

Oskar Emerson adds, eyes panning now to Aisling. "The spiral is a far greater and more difficult concern. There is no time to mend the wounds in every Plane of existence."

(Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "His ego would not allow its decay. This is His creation, lest you forget."
(Speakers of Duiran): Aisling says, "Is it."
(Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "I will do this, if none of you will."
(Speakers of Duiran): You say, "I... I am with you. Speaker Iesid."
(Speakers of Duiran): Jakarn says, "What He says...makes sense."

You ask, "What would stop this new Lirathyar from falling to rot again, over time?"

Valeria seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly at you.

Rihrin nods her head at you.

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says, "That would be my concern as well. I understand it'll heal some, but it'll be back to the same Cycle due to the Spiral."

Sibatti just thought:
You can just..... make a new one?

Eaku frowns, as would a particularly ignorant child. "I am no planar scholar. Nor scholar in general. When You say preserve, you mean as they are? No tricks, hidden truths, mere recreations of who they are now?"

Iesid just thought:
"Created anew, it would not be placed in the same way within the Spiral," he guesses.

"Answering that would require a significant understanding of planar cosmology. A new Plane is not subject to wounds that already exist." Oskar Emerson turns again to regard Eaku. "Correct. This is My Creation, I am not invested in its downfall."

Iesid just thought:
.. if that was possible?

Eaku nods his head emphatically.

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says, "I ask what was thought, then. What of a new one? Could we move the Guardians to it, and leave the other to fall?"

Eaku just thought:
Then that is one oath, at least, we will not have to weigh.

<<Order>>: Sibatti says, "Boss?"

Aisling watches the lunar-blessed child, nose pinching in distaste, though she does swallow it, shakes her head and settles into a semblance of neutrality. She falls silent.

Rihrin just thought:
"It's a hard thought, but..if the Guardians remain, it is still Dendara."

Impatiently, Oskar Emerson says to Rihrin, "I have already answered this. Your Guardians will not suffer. Nor shall anything that yet lives healthily."

<<Order>>: Haern says, "Aye, lass?"

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says to Oskar Emerson, "This is if You were to heal the current one. We ask of a new one? Unless You mean one in the same."

Quietly, Iesid Mulariad says, "I do not even know where I would begin to start such a distraction."

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says to Iesid, "That is a bad miracle."

Valeria murmurs to Iesid, "I can help!"

Eaku Redwood says, "If Darkness is His design, we crush Ohlsana's generals."

Irritation flares again.

<<Order>>: Sibatti says, "The Creator is talking to Duiran... like, right now."
<<Order>>: Illikaal says, "A matter that concerns Dendara."
<<Order>>: Pilar says, "Oh?"

Eaku Redwood says, "If too much Shadow on the land is - thanks - something He would not notice, would its fresh absence merit His attention?"
Valeria

Comments

• edited August 2022
    "There are two options that are available to you, if you are to distract My Counterpart." Oskar Emerson begins, but frowns again in response to Rihrin. "I will use simpler words. Creating a new Plane of Life will involve transplanting all that yet survives into it, from the existing, dying, one."

<<Order>>: Sibatti says, "He is proposing creating a new Plane of Life."

"I like to clarify. We've been tricked a few times, so we are wary." Rihrin says as cautiously as ever, but nods her head, "I appreciate You clarifying."

Iesid's mismatched eyes stay stuck to Oskar Emerson, as if the entire consulate chamber were reduced to private audience.

Pilar arrives from the down.

"The clash of Light and Shadow, the duality, the endless clash. This is the Eschaton's design. If I am allowed to speak without a siege of poorly phrased questions that have already been answered, I will explain." Oskar Emerson straightens further in His chair, silver light deepening in brightness around Him.

Sibatti nods her head at Oskar Emerson.

Rihrin nods her head at Oskar Emerson.

Rihrin just thought:
    "I had wondered when He'd get tired of it."

Haern arrives in a rippling conflagration of viridian flame, a single step carrying Him from elsewhere to here in a single heartbeat. His gaze takes in the gathered faces, momentarily passing over the young child seated, before snapping right back into unwavering focus of the juvenile. Massive hands grip tight the spear in His right hand as the Hunter's grating intonation poses a single question: "Who are You?"

(The Shadowguard): Lenoriel says, "Out of respect for Kalena, please refrain from speculation or contacting her to ask about it. Time will reveal more."
    (The Shadowguard): Rasani says, "Aye. Leave her the pit alone."

Iesid just thought:
    The Elders flash through his mind. The fate of Their selected shells.

Eaku just thought:
    ..someone on the verge of killing the new person who interrupts Him, most likely.

Rihrin just thought:
    "Ah..crap."

Illikaal just thought:
    Now THIS will be good.

Despite the child body which He inhabits, Oskar Emerson remains utterly unmoved by Haern's arrival, the unshakable confidence of the Creator showing neither fear nor even remote concern. "Put down the spear, Haern." The tone is mocking, almost jovial in nature. "You know who I am."

To emphasise, Oskar Emerson says, "Herno."

Sibatti just thought:
    [ She can barely suppress laughter ].

Haern just thought:
    That name is a slap upon His face. Who is this pretender that dares invade His Council? He will leave them staked to the Core.

As silence gathers at His penultimate question and the answering, Sekeres her piercing grey eyes are not of the arrival of Him but for Oskar Emerson.

Eaku just thought:
    Herno is a new one.

Rihrin just thought:
    "That..is an interesting nickname.."

Pilar raises both eyebrows in obvious surprise and glances over at Haern.

Aisling pauses, brow furrowed, single-eyed gaze sharpening as it lingers on Oskar yet.

Lurli thinks to teach them Kalsu in frolicks and frivolous aggrandisement, but they know not the name of My Son.

Valeria just thought:
    Seems like the more we say it, the more spears are gonna get thrown at us.

Eaku just thought:
    ..But then what of the Lady Lleis's sacrifice? Would this still be Her Dendara?

"That name is not so lost to time that it would not be remembered by some," Haern challenges darkly. He takes a single step towards Oskar, the monstrous bulk of the Hunter sinking into something predatory in form as His spear rises further. "What did you tell Me the day You shut away Jox?"

Haern's advance stirs no urgency within Oskar Emerson, and despite His looming frame, the Hunter casts no shadow over the child-God sitting confidently in His too-large throne. "I told You that You had gotten fat." His silver eyes turn upwards, yet for all the difference in height, He seems the bigger of the two. "You have."

Illikaal just thought:
    HAH.

Rihrin just thought:
    "Ahhhhh, don't laugh. Do. Not. Laugh.."

Iesid just thought:
    Amusement, well-restrained, blooms beneath the surface of his mind like a droplet of ink let free in the river.

Pilar sucks in a breath.

Sibatti just thought:
    Like blood spatter on new snow.

A subtle widening of eyes encompasses Sekeres' hardened visage.

Her eyes flicker between the two Divine in Their back-and-forth, silent for long moments before Valorie takes a single step closer to Haern in a silent show of solidarity, blinking once at Oskar Emerson's answer in surprise.

Sibatti tenses her muscles, extending her claws to their full, fearsome length.

Rihrin glances between the Divine with both brows lifted.

Haern's spear comes up in a single instance before He looses it with a grunt of exertion, aiming for Oskar.

Eaku leaps in front of the child-God.

Valeria just thought:
    Oh, um...

The spear lands with a dull thud behind Oskar, its tip impaled deep into the wood of the oak. "That's Him," Haern mutters darkly, straightening from the throw. Bitterness rules supreme as He adds in a sardonic voice, "My father."

Eaku hits his head on a wall.

He suspects it is not the first time that one has hit their head.

Rihrin watches Eaku and gives a very visible, pained grimace.

Iesid just thought:
    The Speaker is amused - when HE hit a wall, Haern had to throw him at it. Eaku threw himself!

"Should we catch the Hunter up, then?" Rihrin asks as she glances back between the pair of Divine again, a slight cant coming to her head.

Valeria just thought:
    Don't aim with your head first, Prideleader.

Sibatti comes up to stand next to Haern's left shoulder, giving the Divinity a pet on one of His hulking arms.

"Your temper has not changed much, Herno." Oskar Emerson's tone is still that blank, matter-of-fact timbre. "Good." He glances to Rihrin. "I will catch Him up. I wish the information to be accurate."

Rihrin offers a respectful incline of her head towards Oskar Emerson, seeming to not be bothered by the tone of the words.

Eaku rubs the top of his head, though, fortunately, a very long history of getting hit in the head has prepared him for any number of such moments.

Pilar watches Sibatti approach Haern but she does not join her, she only gives Him a small, pitying frown.

"I am no longer Voice, so I have not the right to direct discussion on this." Rihrin says as she glances towards Sibatti, gesturing, "She does now, regardless of how it transpired and came to be." She then glances to the crowd, speaking on, "But I know that we can cause a crisis if we need. We've already done it once."

Valeria grins mischievously at Rihrin.

Valorie glances not so subtly over at Iesid's direction.

You think:
    "We're good at that."

Oskar Emerson lifts a hand to beckon Haern closer to Him, and the Two Gods, One towering over the Other, exchange glances, no words passing between them. The silence lingers for some long moments, but a look of comprehension soon dawns over the Hunter's feral features.

Rihrin just thought:
    [ There is a sense of pain in her from some of those words. It's brief, but present in her mind. ].

Sekeres remains stone-faced, the only change being the shade of her eyes; a dark imperial hue.

Haern straightens, comprehension still warm across His countenance, though it wars with an obvious distaste that seems impossible to wipe free. "What do we have to do? You came here with a plan, spit it out You old bastard."

Haern just thought:
    His mind is reeling, of all the possibilities, this seemed beyond imagination. But-...

Haern just thought:
    Anything for this.

"There are two events of sufficient significance that the Eschaton will abandon His struggle with Me to intercede." Oskar Emerson lifts a finger, commanding silence from the gesture alone. "The first - threat of extiction toward His Pantheon." The child-God takes a momentary pause. "The second - destruction of the moon." With a nod to Haern, He concludes. "These are your choices."

Valeria just thought:
    THOSE ARE THE CHOICES?

Even during the war between Our pantheons, He would not intervene, only doing so when the war had been lost and I was to execute His Gods.

Jhura just thought:
    ..Right, of course, so simple.

You think:
    She's always wanted to visit the moon.

Aisling just thought:
    Another ripple, heat that rests in her gut. Anger, impotent and dull.

Rihrin just thought:
    "We cannot likely, successfully, threaten a Divine." Lets out in her mind, but then is thoughtful, "The moon..just throw me up there. I've been on one before."

It is the mention of the moon that makes Pilar's frown deepen further as she listens and she grasps a heavy quartz pendant on a gold chain tightly in her hand.

Eaku ponders the situation.

Rihrin's brows lift as mist-eyes shift to Sibatti, silent in this moment.

Eliadon arrives from the down.

Eaku stares implacably at Eliadon.

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says to Eliadon, "Leave."

Docent Eliadon, fio Ihiem Emaev says, "Oh, fair enough."

Docent Eliadon, fio Ihiem Emaev says, "Saw big gathering, was interested."

Eliadon gives the world a smart salute.

Eliadon opens the door to the down.
    Eliadon leaves to the down.

Valeria says, "Lock it."

You inspect a door:
    There are no locks on a door.

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says to Valeria, "There is no lock presently."

You magically lock the door to the down.

Valeria frowns at Rihrin.

Oskar Emerson says, "Yes, those of Enorian should leave. They should also not be given copious details, as Jakarn has seen fit to do. Were My instructions unclear?"

You say, "Done."

Rihrin just thought:
    "Something I meant to fix.."

Iesid just thought:
    At least the Docent could read the room quickly enough.

Lady Rihrin of Sapphire says to you, "Thank you, Fury."

Eaku stares implacably at Jakarn.

Rihrin stares implacably at Jakarn.

Esrytesh Sibatti dur Naya, the Seven-Eyed says, "As Jakarn has.... what?"

Illikaal narrows his eyes at Jakarn.

Valeria peers at Jakarn suspiciously.

Aisling groans quietly, reaching as to rub at her temple with the heel of her palm.

Jakarn looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Iesid pinches the bridge of his nose.

Iesid closes his eyes, draws in a deep breath, and then releases it slowly.

While everyone takes time staring to look at him, Sekeres glances up to the chamber ceiling.

"The moon," Haern replies with whipcord speed, the growl that rips free of Him absent any hesitation alongside your declaration. "How?" The Hunter presses rougher still.

Rihrin just thought:
    "If it wasn't him, there are a few others who are sure to soon enough."

Haern just thought:
    Both are impossible for Me. But at least the moon doesn't fight back.

Iesid Mulariad asks Oskar Emerson, "Why the moon?"

(Speakers of Duiran): Jakarn says, "I was just giving assurances to Kalena her...son is still safe."

Valorie joins in the Jakarn-staring for only a brief moment, before her attention is captured by Oskar Emerson once again, "We only need to -threaten- it, yes? We're not actually going to... destroy it?"

You think:
    "What would that even mean, for... everything...?"

Iesid just thought:
    He tried very hard not to address Oskar with his 'uncle' tone. It was, after all, a bit more complicated than that.

Rihrin just thought:
    "Why not destroy it? What's the worst that could happen?"

Stine just thought:
    "He has fixed it before, He would fix it again. The events with Jox proved this."

Pilar flicks her remaining ear forward as she listens.

Sibatti just thought:
    So, we....... free another Albedi??

Rihrin's mist-eyes shift to Haern and then to Oskar Emerson. Head canting as it has done before.

"The moon is of great, precious significance to the Eschaton. I cannot say why. It is the site of the eternal struggle." Oskar Emerson offers to Iesid before looking again to Haern. "You will pull it down, Herno, when next it waxes at its fullest."

(Order): Sibatti says, "Boss! Never knew you had it in You."

Valeria just thought:
    He's going to.. pull it DOWN?

Rihrin just thought:
    [ A memory of a chain to a sapphire sphere comes to mind, and the pulling of it downward. Then, the climb. ].

Valorie looks way too enthused about this than someone toying with the prospect of destroying the moon probably should, eyes bright and skin aglow with silver and gold flecks of starlight as she looks to Haern.

Aisling just thought:
    Vague wonderings surface. Omei's place in this.

Jhura just thought:
    That doesn't give us much time to forge a chain...

(Order): Haern says, "Welcome to the club."

Valeria frowns at you.

Eaku ponders your profile, deep in consideration.

Eaku just thought:
    Guess the stars don't like the moon much.

Sibatti just thought:
    When is the next full moon?

Jhura just thought:
    The moon is dark now... It will soon wax full.

Haern, the Hunter says, "I'll say it."

(Tells): With a lilting, nearly singsong voice, Valeria tells you, "Oh, but I can't kill people at the arch! But YOU WANT TO PULL A MOON DOWN? HMPH!"

(Tells): Your voice reaches Valeria's mind: "It's not ME doing the pulling down!"

(Tells): With a lilting, nearly singsong voice, Valeria tells you, "You seem thrilled by this!"

Sibatti places her hand over her heart and sends an adoring glance in Haern's direction.

Pilar glances at Haern sharply in alarm.

Iesid just thought:
    'Cannot say why'. The man wonders at that, despite the otherwise straight answer satisfying him.

Pilar just thought:
    There is a flutter in the dark veil of the faun's mind, emotions warm with the whisper of stress, fear, and laced with disgust.

Haern barks a laugh, each syllable laced in a myriad of disbelief and amusement both. "You mean to tell Me that I will pull down the moon in three short weeks?" Still, He seems inexorably drawn towards the figure seated like a King, hanging on His every word. "Anything else You care to add, Father?"

Rihrin just thought:
    "Three weeks..we might be able to get the chain ready. Maybe. Though, without the Empress.."

Pilar cries out from somewhere within the crowd, "You cannot!"

Valeria stares at Pilar and blinks.

Firmly, Iesid Mulariad says, "We can and we will."

Rihrin's brows tick upwards as she glances at Pilar.

Rihrin just thought:
    "And..who is this person?"

Rihrin just thought:
    "I..maybe I've seen them..I think..nevermind."

Aisling startles, swallowing. "Pilar." She rumbles, turning as to offer a hand to the woman, to beckon her forward, "Why not?"

Sibatti gives her sister a curious look, her eyes flicking shortly thereafter to Aisling.

Oskar Emerson does not share Haern's amusement; only mute impassivity remains on His underdeveloped features. The glint of silver in His eyes shines brighter as He speaks, barely acknowledging Pilar's outburst. "No. That is all. My true self will not know precisely what has transpired here, not with My Counterpart's interference." The placid expression fades, and for the first time He looks completely serious, the full, ineffable weight of a Creator's divine authority booming forth in a voice not designed for the mouth from which it spills. "Varyan true, will be expecting You to act, at that very midnight."

Most of the silver light emanating from Oskar Emerson fades, dimming as the Divine possession comes to an end. The boy slumps from the chair, unconscious but alive.
    Valeria
  • edited August 2022

Rihrin's mist-eyes shift between Oskar Emerson, Haern, and then finally landing on Sibatti.

Iesid just thought:
    Immense relief, that he suffered not the same fate as others not so long ago.

Stine immediately rushes forward to the boy in the chair, dropping to his knees and reaching out with both hands to tend to and check in on his son.

Rihrin just thought:
    "At least the child is safe, even if He is already gone. My attempt..worked."

Valeria just thought:
    Oh, well, uh.. I guess we have to destroy the moon. At least it wasn't Iesid's fault this time!

Eaku Redwood says, "Well. That's an end to our questions. How is he?"

Haern reaches the unconscious child first, His motion a blur that leaves the boy dangling in the too-large hands of the Hunter. "Not yet!" He snarls, pushing Stine aside, and the Hunter gives the youth a sudden shake as if to elicit movement. "Tell Me how, damn You!"

Jhura hurries forward as Oskar slumps, concern writ across her face while she hovers at Stine's side.

Jhura creases her brow in a frown.

Stine is knocked aside by Haern's strength, falling away from the chair and staring up at Haern and the unconscious form of Oskar Emerson both.

"Careful, Hunter." Rihrin says with care as she steps forward just a step, "The child is going to be weary."

"Boss - ," Sibatti reaches up with both hands, eyes on the child He clutches. "He's gone!"

Pilar does not answer, perhaps knowing better, but the small woman looks to be brimming with anger.

You see Haern raise His voice and shout, "COME BACK HERE YOU OLD BASTARD. CAN YOU HEAR ME UP THERE? TELL ME HOW! DAMN YOU, TELL ME HOW!"

Stine just thought:
    "Please be okay. Please be okay. Please be okay. Please be okay." The phrase repeats within his thoughts.

<<Order>>: Sibatti says, "Child of Duiran. Let him... let him down gentle."

Haern seems to realize in that moment, as only silence answers Him, that the Creator is gone. With shaking hands He presses the child into the arms of the nearby Stine before rising to His feet, seemingly unable to focus on any specific thing.

Aisling glances over the gathered, "... You can't be serious." She rumbles.

(Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "Dendara's survival is our survival. Its rebirth is our rebirth. We must do this. Somehow."

Eaku Redwood says, "See to the child. That is most important, now."

The firmament shudders, yielding to the thunderous voice of Tanixalthas as She booms, "YOUR SHOUTS ARE NOT MIGHTY ENOUGH, CHILD HUNTER, FOR THAT ONE TO HEAR YOU. WE FELT HIS PRESENCE EBB, YOUR FATHER CANNOT HOLD YOUR HAND EVERMORE."

Glancing at the Hunter, Rihrin furrows her brow, but takes a step backwards. There, a nod goes to Eaku.

Haern just thought:
    He doesn't remember the ancient ways. It's all been taken from Him. How is He supposed to remember?

Stine's arms curl around the boy's unconscious form, pulling him in against his chest even while he remains on the floor. His hand runs through Oskar's hair, as if to soothe him even while there is little response in return.

(Speakers of Duiran): Sibatti says, "What's this about chains?"
    (Speakers of Duiran): Eaku says, "Did someone mention them?"
    (Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "The Chromatic Court binds colored spheres with chains forged by Ember, a fae formed by Kalena and I."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "The first bound sphere was the moon within the Cradle - Diantha's silver domain."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Aisling says, "And what of Lady Omei? Surely She must have thoughts on this."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Iesid says, "After Her words with me, She vanished to Astral."

Haern just thought:
    He must convene with those that will remember. Untouched by the Betrayer. They will know.

Haern turns and takes a single step forward, disappearing as violently as He arrived.

[I stopped logging room content here, but, a few minutes later:]

(Speakers of Duiran): Jakarn says, "Is there a spot there Her people can reach Her?"
    (Speakers of Duiran): Haern says, "Voice."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Sibatti says, "Hunter."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Eaku says, "Not through my efforts. Maybe someone else would have better luck."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Haern says, "Lock down the Council, strengthen the guard. No one must be allowed to interfere. When I have learned the way, I will return."
    (Speakers of Duiran): Sibatti says, "Lock down like.... lock down, lock down?"
    (Speakers of Duiran): Haern says, "LOCK IT DOWN, ESRYTESH!"

Something unbidden sets into motion the stirring of Durdalis left long sleeping within the depths of the Council, their mountainous forms slowly making way for the entrances of Duiran.

They take up defensive positions along the borders of the woodland Council, readying themselves on orders only they remain privy to. While the way into Duiran remains clear for the time being, the ancient Durdalis stand ready for what might come.
    ValeriaSibatti