Announce post #3389: Event expectations

7/15/2022 at 2:51
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Event expectations

Hi folks, I just want to touch upon this current event and expectations a little.

I want to remind everybody this event was entirely initiated by players. It was not on our radar at all, we did not have anything planned for it. This has clearly spiralled now into something that will be a large-scale event, that will leave an impact on the game for years to come.

With that said, we are working as fast as we can. There is only so much work we can do in the day, and there is A LOT happening in game right now. I cannot understate how high activity is at the moment. It is a lot to keep up with while also putting together the plans and notes we for this event's long term.

Some organisations are going to get shiny toys to interact with the event before others, that's just a fact of both workflow and limited availability. It is not slighting your organisation, your purpose, or anything. We just haven't had time to get to you.

Remember, paid staff can only manage so much at once, and almost all of our Gods are run by volunteers that give up their free time to provide enjoyment to you. Mechanics like these can sometimes take several hours between all the drafting, coding, writing, testing, and roleplay that needs to be done. Often, we are still working on it right up until the day a NPC said it would be ready. Have patience, the event is still in its very early days, there is a lot more to come!

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 20th of Niuran, in the year 503 MA.
HolbrookKurakSibattiNipsyTeramasceLegynValorieSryaenRihrinTetchtaLinTeani

Comments

• So this is that living world I've heard so much about. Kudos