LOVE

Comments

• edited June 2022
    @Rihrin @Jakarn @Sibatti @Valorie @Eaku @Dakari @Cormac @Valeria @Jhura @Aisling @Mati and the rest of Duiran, I'm so sorry if I've missed anyone.

You guys have been an impressive force to behold. This war and our thrust to take the council's agency into our hands as players has really brought us all closer together. It always seems to be war and conflict that does this for Duiran, which does not bother me one bit, but I truly love the attitude we have been holding to and the way we have been flexible and collaborative.

Duiran has so much potential and I know that any configuration of the above names, in any number, can do good for our org. I am so astounded with everyone's willingness to buy in and go on this quest for more specificity in Duiran's overarching mission as a roleplay entity.

Thank you all for making this a fun ride.
    ValoriecinnamaeValeriaJhuraEakuAislingdakariSibattiAloli
  • Once again, I want to say "Thank you" to everyone in Bloodloch.
    I just reached 100 (Azudim). I know this isn't a very big deal anymore, but I have been playing IRE games on and off since 2005 and have never achieved level 99/ 100. Actaully, I've never even achieved 90 plus. This really means a lot to me.
    I'd also like to thank the pvpers of Durian for making the lessers/majors so much fun, and helping me get back into combat. (Also for like 6 levels from kills hehee). I'm having a blast!!

❤️
    IctinusXaspherAsaraiiEleneNipsyValorieGalileiJhuraCallidora
  • lhoth said:

Once again, I want to say "Thank you" to everyone in Bloodloch.
    I just reached 100 (Azudim). I know this isn't a very big deal anymore, but I have been playing IRE games on and off since 2005 and have never achieved level 99/ 100. Actaully, I've never even achieved 90 plus. This really means a lot to me.
    I'd also like to thank the pvpers of Durian for making the lessers/majors so much fun, and helping me get back into combat. (Also for like 6 levels from kills hehee). I'm having a blast!!

❤️

You are great, happy you are part of the gang! <3
    lhoth
  • Huge love to both Duiran and Spinesreach. The last week or so has been SUPER awesome.
    RihrinEakuValorieTeaniSibattiHolbrookJhuraKagura
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I want to echo what has been said already, and also add a thank you for setting this up the way it was. It allowed for things to happen at any hour of the day, making it possible for everyone to be involved if they wanted to. If it had been determined over a single battlefield, some people would likely have missed out on everything, and that happens far too often. The only thing I'd adjust, maybe, would be to shorten the time period by making the troops deal a bit more damage, since some people seemed to think it took too long for the war to be over (those preferring a battlefield, for example).

I, on the other hand, had a blast fighting over wormholes with Valorie one early morning along with Kagura, helped a very excited Feirenz with troop bashing another morning, and furiously tried to defend against a march while having guests in the house with the quick apology "Sorry! War is on, they're attacking, I'm the only defender. Be right back!" Them: "How long will this take?" "Not long! I've already died once!" Adulting is hard, but at least they were accepting it since it was done in a hurry. I was back only three deaths later, having killed ONE troop during my suicide runs! :lol:

NisaviJhuraLegynValorieEakuKagura
  • Yeah, I just want to echo all the love gone out in the last few posts for both sides, and for the volunteers that went along with what Duiran started and gave us all an actual goal to work towards. This last week has been really fun, and I hope that it was for everyone involved. I do agree that the only real problem I had with the whole thing was the length of time it took to recruit more troops, but at the same time that did help make sure that anyone who wanted to be involved had the time to be, otherwise it might have been over in only a few days.

It was really hard fought on both sides, and really close at the end.
    ValorieTeaniIesidEakuKaguraAloli
  • edited July 2022
    Everything about the Alchemist class has been so good.

This is exactly what I didn't know I needed.

And HELP ARCHIVISTS got the makeover I requested.

Yay~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SryaenNisaviValorieTeaniBraxEleneJhura
  • edited July 2022
    I usually get really bored of limb classes, and tend to stay away from them...

...But Tidesage is fun, and damn it has a lot of flavour to it. Getting real strong vibes from Boralus Tidesages in WoW, except instead of being corrupted by an old god, they have a creepy eldritch fog.

Picture courtesy of @Brax

eta: I love you @Ictinus

TeaniValorieIesidBraxLegynAloliJhura
  • RihrinRihrin Duiran
    I just want to take a minute to thank Duiran, and the people in it, for giving me ideas and stories to run with. We rolled with it, and it was truly an amazing experience. You guys have all the <3 from me, and know that I'll be watching from the sidelines and rooting you all on.
    ValorieAloliNipsy
  • I love when there's actual PK that isn't revolved around ylem.

More PKS! <3
    HolbrookNipsy
  • I LOVE EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN GOING ON.

From the start of the Sterion war, to the consequences of how it was resolved, and the fact that there is a literal world ending event that was initiated by players. LOVE the urgency and political tension that's going on and again that's all driven by player agency (I assume). The game feels so alive and it's all AMAZING!

Thank you to everyone involved, I have never thought I'd actually start adding 'check Aetolian news' to my morning routine!

However, mild pet peeve that I'll include here anyways: I hate that my working hours are howling +/- 4 hours urghhh. And with me changing jobs in 4 weeks time, there is a real focus & push to make sure my projects are wrapped up before I leave. Big RIP.
    NipsyLegynValorieReaveRihrinIesid
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited July 2022
    I cannot find the words to express how thrilled and proud I am of what essentially amounts to the entire game right now. From the players who went through the effort to antagonize another org in a meaningful way, to the RP it's caused in the periphery, to, and I cannot overemphasize this: every single person in the pools who took this ball and ran with it. This organic situational RP that's driven by player actions becoming a massive lore-defining event at a massive scale is something that can only really be done in MUDs, at least in this specific way, and there's no combination of words I have at my disposal right now that will articulate how tremendously and outstandingly proud I am of absolutely everyone at this moment.

Really, really good stuff. You're nailing the crap out of this.

RihrinSibattiAlmolNipsyTeramasceValorieIesidTeaniJhura
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Tetchta said:

I cannot find the words to express how thrilled and proud I am of what essentially amounts to the entire game right now. From the players who went through the effort to antagonize another org in a meaningful way, to the RP it's caused in the periphery, to, and I cannot overemphasize this: every single person in the pools who took this ball and ran with it. This organic situational RP that's driven by player actions becoming a massive lore-defining event at a massive scale is something that can only really be done in MUDs, at least in this specific way, and there's no combination of words I have at my disposal right now that will articulate how tremendously and outstandingly proud I am of absolutely everyone at this moment.

Really, really good stuff. You're nailing the crap out of this.

I gave my gushy speech in the other thread about event expectations but yeah, all of this. The only reference I have to compare this to was the original Aalen Bloom/Dreikathi invasions in the 300s, and even that isn't remotely in the same league.

NipsyTeramasceValorie
  • Paxe enters from the south, riding a three-headed direwolf.
    She is followed by a three-legged cat wearing tiny battle gear, complete with a slingshot.

Paxe grins mischievously at you.

You say, "Hey!"

Paxe says, "It's all part of my charm."

You exclaim to a three-headed direwolf, "That's unacceptable that not ONE OF YOU BIT HER!!!"

^ Bard flavor skill - all the cool Bard things are making me want to actually pick up a second class, HALPPPPPPP.
    PaxeTeramasce
    Lots of love to give out. Esteems are limited (and I usually like to write more) so here's some quick hits

@Iesid @Stine for some very INTENSE and riveting stories lately, with some truly electric moments -- on top of massive potentially world-ending apocalypse stuff going on, wtf

@Illikaal @Valorie @Valeria @Aisling for their leadership, their levity, their friendship and their overall presence. You each inspire me every day <3

@Whirran @Rijetta for being truly great examples of interesting and well-written opposing forces. I need more excuses to find you both.

@Pietre @Dakari @Arista @Pilar @Ayanala @Akrios @Jakarn @Mati @Jhura @Devin @Eaku @Alya @Ardaun @Daelares @Finid - hopefully I have not missed anyone, everyone has been wonderful for a multitude of reasons, even in small moments or interactions. There's truly this idea of coming together and being on the same team that has been joyous.
    ValorieStineIllikaalRenliEakuAisling
  • edited July 2022
    @Erzsebet for catering to my laziness, and helping me design the pet I wanted. Despite multiple people telling me the credits would be better elsewhere.

A few personal tweaks later ...

It's perfect for the theme I was going for. :)
    Yes the typo or two has since been fixed, when I noticed them after it got approved.
    SibattiIazamatValorieEaku
    Akrios said:

@Erzsebet for catering to my laziness, and helping me design the pet I wanted. Despite multiple people telling me the credits would be better elsewhere.

Yes the typo or two has since been fixed, when I noticed them after it got approved.
    Speaking as someone who owns two pets for no good reason other than RP, do what makes your heart happy.
    IazamatValorieEakuTetchtaIesid
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Akrios said:

Sometimes, the RP tools that keep you invested are the reason you stay long enough to keep making more credits for the other stuff.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    EakuNipsy
  • Sibatti said:

Akrios said:

Speaking as someone who owns two pets for no good reason other than RP, do what makes your heart happy.
    The best thing I've ever spent credits on is my astral cat pet, and I would definitely do it all over again if I had the choice.
    Nipsy
  • You all are making me want to get a pet now! I have con 2 to save up for!
  • I have a bearded vulture and this lovely little thing:

appearance: a cyclopean sand terror

dropped: Scenting at the air constantly, a quiet, rumbling hiss emanates from a cyclopean sand terror.

examined: Quadrupedal and predatory, this alien beast bears a strong resemblance to a crocodile, though it is considerably larger and taller; whereas the tail of a crocodilian might be as long as the rest of the body, this creature's is half the length of its body and balanced by the forward slope of its shoulder and broad back. A single, bulbous eye dominates the center of its head, a starburst of primsatic colours forming and surrounding the dark slit of its pupil. A considerable jowl dangles from its fang-filled maw, attesting to how well fed the beast is. Much like the animal it resembles, a pattern of scales and scutes protect it from harm, though what appears to be sand seeps from between them, trickling in steady rhythms down the creature's back and sides and pooling around and below it. This particular attribute and the bright golden yellow fur that traces the backside of its clawed limbs hint at something extraplanar.

enter: With the guttural hiss of a predator, a cyclopean sand terror materializes from the $DIR.

leave: Like the skirmishing of sand across dunes, a cyclopean sand terror courses to the $DIR.

death: A cyclopean sand terror is nothing more than a miserable pile of hide and sand now.

And I regret nothing. Wouldn't trade them for any other artifacts.
    Teramasce
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!

• Just a little shoutout to @Maeve @Tetchta and @Paxe for making my time in Aetolia so far an absolutely wonderful experience. I have never had a consistent group of people and characters to interact with and enjoy, of such quality or that have been such excellent, outstanding people. You're all rockstars, and I deeply appreciate you. <3
    TetchtaMaevePaxe