GOOD THINGS IN LIFE

2»

Comments

• That is amazing both of you!
    Aloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited June 2022
    TL;DR: So many good things have been happening for me in the last few months and some of them have been directly influenced by a few good friends here in Aetolia so I wanted to share the love and send good thoughts all around. I also what to share something my son has been working on!

My son has been seeing a really good therapist for a couple of years, it took forever to find the right one but he's come so far. Earlier this year, at Sunday school, the security guard tried to molest him in the bathroom stalls, completely out of the security camera's reach. This could have gone very badly but I thank God for the life we've had that allowed him to be strong enough to face off with this guy. I'm very proud of him for being strong enough to not hesitate to push the guy away from him. He called me immediately and my sister and I showed up at the school and raised hell. The security guard was fired and I pressed charges. I made absolutely sure that my son understood what he did was right and we talked at length about it. The police who came to file our case also interviewed him and reinforced the same things I said. What absolutely burns me, though is that, a couple of months ago the case was dropped because there wasn't enough "evidence" - even though the guy all but confessed when he was giving the statement and he was captured on camera taking my son to the bathroom by the arm! SO, for a good few weeks I was a walking/raging mother and probably sounded very rude to the few people who crossed my path and had no idea what was happening, sorry!

The good thing that came from this is he's now much stronger for what happened, in a healthy way, and once in a while we have a group-therapy appointment with his therapist and all I heard were changes and advancements that blew me away. He's only 15 but, my God, when we get into discussions and debates, I feel like I'm talking to a 35-year-old mind and absolutely look forward to all the things he likes sharing and chatting about :)

ALSO, he's been very increasingly interested in becoming a Sound Engineer. About a year ago or so he asked me to come sit with him and watch this video about sine waves and validate the physics in it. I was over the moon that he took an interest in physics and we dug much deeper into it :) Fast forward to today, he's been composing music using FL Studio and he just finished his FIRST album! This is one of my absolute favourite songs in it, I'm so proud of it that I really wanted to share with everyone here and connect if there are similar interests so I can help build a nice community for him too, in addition to the one he has :) (reach out!)

And about me... This will definitely sound similar to @Saidenn's post, but I too had been seeing a really good therapist for the last six months and yesterday (regular appointment) we finished going through something we've been building for a long time called my 'grief and loss timeline chart', which is part of this awesome book that I'd recommend for anyone going through their own healing journey (if you need a partner and can't think of anyone in your immediate surrounding, I will absolutely make myself available and would love to help!). It was probably the hardest thing I've done but when I sat back and heard her tell me how far I've come from the person I used to be a few years ago with my confidence, management style, parenting style, self-esteem, emotional and financial stability and growth, trust and faith in myself and people, I was filled with a great sense of accomplishment and excitement to tackle the next chapter of my personal growth.

The last year has been a big transitional year for me and I might have interacted with people differently, but, I'm so thankful for this community and all the good and hard lessons I learned from it. Love you all!

(Feel free to check out his whole channel and leave constructive feedback!)
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    AyastiaRebraAlelaValoriecinnamaeTeaniSibatti
  • edited June 2022
    I am so very proud of your son! My own is autistic and I am scared to death this kind of thing will happen to him! I make sure he understands he will never get in trouble for defending himself. Good parenting mamma @Alela!
    AloliAlela
    Ayastia said:

I am so very proud of your son! My own is autistic and I am scared to death this kind of thing will happen to him! I make sure he understands he will never get in trouble for defending himself. Good parenting mamma @Alela!

I will forever be worried about him so I know exactly how you feel. But, communication is absolutely instrumental in making sure they feel safe enough in themselves and empowered enough to keep themselves safe. Talk to him about everything! And get him to where he feels he can talk to you too and ... I'll message you so I don't rant on in this thread!

I'm sure @Alela is a great parent too! (...to ..Horkvals?)
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    RebraAyastiaAlelaZeheia
  • Sum bitch. This is what happens when you are tired and see al and mind autocompletes! Sorry! Good mamma @Aloli
    Aloli
  • Aloli said:

Ayastia said:

I will forever be worried about him so I know exactly how you feel. But, communication is absolutely instrumental in making sure they feel safe enough in themselves and empowered enough to keep themselves safe. Talk to him about everything! And get him to where he feels he can talk to you too and ... I'll message you so I don't rant on in this thread!

I'm sure @Alela is a great parent too! (...to ..Horkvals?)
    yep, i've got three lil bugs. well... medium bugs? they're ten and twelve now T_T
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    AyastiaAloliNipsyZeheia
    @Alela, you've got twins? That's awesome! I dodged that bullet, it's so prevalent in my family.
    NipsyAlelaZeheia
    Congratulations! That's a relief :)
    Teani
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I'm not around much (and probably won't be for the next few weeks) just because of how busy I am with work! After 18 months of Covid, it's amazing to be back firing on all cylinders doing what I love.
    ValorieAyastiaHolbrookTeaniZeheia
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    After receiving so much great feedback on my first novel, my second is almost done. I've had my art featured as a musician's album cover, and I've made friends with a few musicians and artists I can do collaborations with. I've contributed art for a few content creators' D&D campaigns. I've also been DMing and streaming a Pathfinder 2e campaign for the past little while that I've made kind of a big production of, and I've been invited to be a player in two others. So many things in the past few months that I've been really proud to have worked on, and I'm happy to be able to help tell so many more stories across so many different mediums.
    ZeheiaTeaniAyastiaAloli
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I signed a contract today for a permanent job at the county schools. A few hours later, my boss at the current school called me and said "So, I know you want to stay here if possible, and we want you to stay, but we don't have anything for you in terms of your subjects or age group. Would you be willing to stick around and take some other subjects and age groups for the autumn semester and see if something opens up here come spring, or would you rather take your chances elsewhere and possibly skip around to different schools depending on how much they find for you?"

It's a tricky question, because naturally I want to teach my own subjects, but I rather like this school, and saying no means I have no idea where I might end up in August. I might end up at two or three different schools, or hopping between more than that until something opens up. At least now I'd know where to go after the summer break, and I know the colleagues and some of the kids. I accepted, so now I have work until December. Then we'll see where I have to go, but work is still assured!

RihrinZeheiaAloli
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I suppose I have a couple of good things to report here. As people may remember from the stream I've been working at the local DMV since last year. Things continue to go well. I'm coming up on one year. We all got a 5 percent raise starting this month. Today I was up front at the info desk and I was handling both walk-in and appointment lines while my coworker was on a break, and one of the customers told me they've been here the past couple of days and they really appreciate how kind and efficient I am at the job. He mentioned knowing our boss's boss and said he'd tell him, and then the young lady I was waiting on agreed and said that I "Handle it with peace". It's nice to have self affirmation from time to time. I just generally try to be nice to everyone, even though I'm sure some Aetolians would find that hard to believe.

My girlfriend also moved in recently, so we both get to be more financially stable and continue to look out for each other. Life is going okay I suppose, except for the odd health problem here and there. But, as they say, that is life.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    RenliReaveSessizlikZeheiaAyastia