Aetolia Hunting 'Database'

"Oh look, it's that guy again..."

Yep.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

As per usual, I get bored and make stuff that I think would be neat. This time was an idea inspired by Zulah's bashing run tracker thingywhatsit here. ... Some of you reached out to me when I was talking about it on Discord, so here it is now that it's (for now) finished, and (hopefully) not gonna break anywhere.

Long story short, it'll keep track of all your runs through bashing areas, and you can go back to compare them later. Persists through Mudlet sessions etc. It will automatically do all of this, without any input needed from the user. The only thing you need to do is have CONFIG MOBDAMAGE ON as well as CONFIG EXPERIENCE_CHANGE ON. I aimed to keep trigger count as low as I could, and let backend scripts handle the bulk of it.

It should run just fine on install. It'll create itself the moment you enter an area and smack a mob. 'Runs' will only be collected once you've both a) Killed at least 30 mobs, and b) Been in the area for at least 3 minutes. ... If it doesn't for some reason, you can just do huntt install to get things going. Save/loading is automatic on profile disconnect/connect, but you can also do huntt save and huntt load respectively. A 'Run' will be saved the moment you leave the area, so if you're aiming to see how fast you run things, make sure to leave as soon as you're done otherwise it'll keep timing!

- huntt review # (area) will let you look over a run, like so. You can shorthand the area, and it'll just find the closest matching. drak will search drakuum for instance.

- huntt show (all/area) will show a condensed version of every one. If you specify an area, it'll search similarly to the above, otherwise it'll display every one you've done. Like so.

- huntt show drak would show this.

- Finally, you can do huntt delete # similarly to review, this will delete a selected run. If the area is empty afterwards, it'll also clear the area from the list.

(the full list doesn't automatically show, I just put it in 1 pic to show how it looks after deleting!)

Enjoy!

Also some credits to @Lin for their string functions, which made formatting all of these outputs SO much easier.

ValorieRihrinNipsyLegynLinZeheiaIesidAloli

Comments

• Seems like math.round doesn't exist for me. Though I'm on Mudlet 4.11.3
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited June 2022
    If the package doesn't have my complete library additions, likely the math.round() function is missing. You can add this function into a script to fix it:
    function math.round(num, idp)
    local mult = 10 ^ (idp or 0)
    return math.floor(num * mult + 0.5) / mult
    end
  • edited June 2022
    Oh ye, I forgot his jcenter one has math.round in it.

My one is
    function math.round(number, decimals, method)
    decimals = decimals or 0
    local factor = 10 ^ decimals
    if (method == "ceil" or method == "floor") then return math[method](number * factor) / factor
    else return tonumber(("%."..decimals.."f"):format(number)) end
    end

I'll include it if I make an update to it.
  • Fixed!
  • So I was testing a bunch yesterday, and for some reason it doesn't appear to work on Memoryscape. I've hunted the area twice, but no records ever since to be recorded for it. Any idea why?
  • Elene said:

So I was testing a bunch yesterday, and for some reason it doesn't appear to work on Memoryscape. I've hunted the area twice, but no records ever since to be recorded for it. Any idea why?

Never actually hunted there, outside of the vaults. So I went there and tested, and it looks like it doesn't utilise either of the 'slain' lines that the vast majority of the rest of the game does (since there's no corpses)... Which is kind of a problem since the system has a # of slain requisite for tracking.
    1. Fixed the above issue with slain not tracking in some instances.
    2. Also added math.round to Lin's string extensions.
    Same download link.
  • KaguraKagura Ironmaw Drilling Grounds
    For some reason, the ansi isn't becoming coloured for me. Not sure how I managed to break it like this. >_>

• Kagura said:

For some reason, the ansi isn't becoming coloured for me. Not sure how I managed to break it like this. >_>

Same 'issue' as my Atlas script, where people are using a system that redefines the colour table. Fix here for Sunder, Rime should have a similar sort of fix but you'd have to ping @Bulrok if you're using that: https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/4332/explorers-atlas#latest - Second post.
    Kagura
  • KaguraKagura Ironmaw Drilling Grounds
    Many thanks!
  • I added several more death lines to the trigger, but I'm having some issues. Some areas just don't want to show up - an example is the Fractal Bloom. Any ideas?

• Xavin said:

I added several more death lines to the trigger, but I'm having some issues. Some areas just don't want to show up - an example is the Fractal Bloom. Any ideas?

I didn't have any issues picking things up there. Keep in mind areas won't show in the runs, if you don't kill more than 30 things there.
  • I didn't realize that the floor was 30 kills in an area, thank you!

• AloliAloli Between Books
    I absolutely love this, thank you for sharing!

(I might change colors a little bit, for myself. Still, this is awesome and might refresh me and get excited to play/bash again :)
    ...if I can pull myself away from Diablo Immortal!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Small update! Same link as always.
    1. To provide marginally more accurate timing, run will 'finish' from the time you slay the last mob. So if you have to go AFK for 10 minutes, it won't add that extra 10 minutes onto your time. - If it was 20+ seconds ago, it'll print exactly when the hunt actually 'ended'!
    2. Added a method to massdelete runs within a range. huntt massdel ## (kills|time|overtime) (area)
    'Kills' will remove runs with less than the specified # of kills.
    'Time' will remove runs with a time shorter than the specified minutes.
    'Overtime' will remove runs with a -longer- time than specified.