Giftbags: Gloat Here

ArbreArbre Arbrelina JolieBraavos
This discussion was created from comments split from: LOVE.

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Giftbag haul.

2 Lleisian crystals necklace of rebirth, 3 crystal divining skulls, 20 tokens of discount, 10 secure brass keyrings, 8 beating phoenix hearts, a mint chocolate, 6 grimstim pills, a hazelnut chocolate, 4 customization certificates, 6 10 Iron Coins, 7 heavily-etched silver tokens, a pair of wings of the eagle, 2 sulfurous amulets, a tourmaline vial, a sapphire crystal vial, an emerald vial, 2 Banners of Dominance, 2 girdles of fortitude, 3 Librams of Enlightenment, 8 red bull's eyes, 2 caramel chocolates, a strawberry chocolate, bracers of devastation, a peridot vial, an elegant diamond vial, a garnet vial, goggles of whitesight of whitesight.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Now all you have left to buy is an Island to rival Alexina. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Pfft. Won't do an Island, but I've been debating little 'Luminary Outposts' all over Sapience.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited April 2013
    45 bags:
    4 custom certs, 3 divining skulls, crystal of rebirth, 4 vials, 2 language tokens, 5 discount tokens, 3 signet rings, 5 keyrings, 70 iron coins, 5 chocolates, 5 chalices, 260k gold, 3 phoenix hearts
    imageimage
  • I wasn't sure where to ask this. Since they're giving a bag away every 10 credits now, seems a lot better for me to buy now while I still have bday $. But can the website take a mastercard gift card for $75? Or can it be put toward a $105 purchase of credits and my visa used for the remainder?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos

I know you can only use one card at a time, so you'd have to make two separate purchases for two different cards.  Before, the game kept track of what you'd bought, so the giftbags will stack.

2. How do I pay for game credits with a credit/debit card?

We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover cards on our game websites. Anything with a VISA, MasterCard, or Discover logo should work with our website. Credit and debit cards are the preferred choice as they will give you instant access to your credits in the text games and will keep prices low for you. You can make your purchase directly from the individual game websites, listed above.

• thanks arb. I wanted to see if the cards would stack, because I can get more credits doing 105, than 75 and 30. :-) But good to go for giftcard, then. Just have to check Giftbags often!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited April 2013
    239751  A heavily-etched silver token           Inside of "pack31614"
    240108  A customization certificate             Being held by Ezalor
    6463    Goggles of whitesight of whitesight     Being held by Ezalor
    74741   A token of discount                     Inside of "pack31614"
    14525   A secure brass keyring                  Being held by Ezalor
    204260  A crystal divining skull                Being held by Ezalor
    223604  A girdle of fortitude                   Being held by Ezalor
    231717  A token of discount                     Inside of "pack31614"
    238090  A wand of portals                       Being held by Ezalor
    268494  A mask of lifevision                    Being held by Ezalor

Also another goggles of whitesight and 2 amulets of rebirth that I've traded in, and a few iron coins. Have bought 18ish giftbags total. Rest were chocolates/gold/crap.
  • So like, Im actually getting questions(good ones) from proteges asking 'What the hell does this Ocular of the Havens do?'.

Does anyone know what its for, or for that matter, any of the stuff in the giftbags that isnt in a helpfile?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Yes, some of them aren't on helpfiles but have their descriptions in fairly recent announceposts. SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE <artifact name> will usually reveal the news post in which they're mentioned. For the giftbag stuff, I think it's all covered in ANNOUNCE 2059 and ANNOUNCE 2065
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Malok
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Think the havens thingy tells you where someone left to go to their haven, so you can take your ganksquad and bail them up like a cat up a tree.

I've bought one giftbag, and it had a keyring in it. Clearly I am the winner.

I've bought no giftbags.

Still got more artifacts than @Ezalor >: D
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Those are just my giftbag artis!

I also have...a crown...some syringes...umm...
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    5 Lleisian crystals 
    necklace of rebirth, 27 tokens of discount, 20 silver chalices, 3 masks of lifevision, 4 
    strawberry chocolates, 4 mint chocolates, 15 heavily-etched silver tokens, 3 hazelnut 
    chocolates, 15 secure brass keyrings, 23 beating phoenix hearts, 5 bejeweled signet rings, 15 
    grimstim pills, 5 caramel chocolates, 2 Librams of Enlightenment, 3 moonstone vials, 3 peridot 
    vials, 4 goggles of whitesight of whitesight, 8 red bull's eyes, 2 sulfurous amulets, a Banner 
    of Dominance, 2 jade vials, an emerald vial, 2 sapphire crystal vials, a tourmaline vial, a 
    garnet vial, a wooden ring of vigour, a ruby vial, an elegant diamond vial, a wand of portals.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    DOWNVOTES TO ALL OF YOU

*envy*
    AarbrokArbreAryannePeriluna
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I think that too, and then I think, well those people are paying rent and getting food AND getting that many giftbags... and feel terribly sad.

AngweArbrePeriluna
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    the ONLY reason I was able to buy this is because my Taxes came in!  I love REFUNDS!!  lol
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Serrice said:
    I think that too, and then I think, well those people are paying rent and getting food AND getting that many giftbags... and feel terribly sad.

I think we had this conversation a few moons ago on the vanilla forums where we talked about how people spent their money. Come to find out, some Aetolians are ACTUALLY barely skating by with their finances, etc. This is understandable, because that's the life of an adult. 

However, some of the others (who don't have omnitrans skills, arties, etc) just choose to spend their money on their different vices, be it cigarettes, alcohol, etc. I'm definitely not a rich guy, but I pay rent, buy my food, put gas in the car, pay the rest of the bills, and just save the rest to spend on whatever I want. I don't drink or smoke, because I like my grape drank and being able to breathe. I end up having a lot of extra cash in my pocket. 
  • Spawning little replicas of yourself also suck away any extra cash flow..........but I still love him. (I have to say that right?!)

AryanneLinPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Damonicus said:
    Spawning little replicas of yourself also suck away any extra cash flow..........but I still love him. (I have to say that right?!)
    All worth it for the cuddles! I miss my girl. :(

Periluna
  • edited April 2013
    I got a crystal skull, yeah!! :\">
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Way to go Indiana Jones. :) Don't blow up South America.

I want gift bags to brag about.

Mastema
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    53 secure brass keyrings, 50 tokens of discount, 56 silver chalices, 48 beating phoenix hearts, 53 red bull's eyes, 48 heavily-etched silver tokens, 52 grimstim pills, 17 mint chocolates, 5 tourmaline vials, 10 ruby vials, 11 jade vials, 8 elegant diamond vials, 11 crystal divining skulls, 14 goggles of whitesight of whitesight, a Banner of Dominance, 2 sulfurous amulets, 11 caramel chocolates, 15 bejeweled signet rings, 15 Lleisian crystals necklace of rebirth, 15 hazelnut chocolates, 6 peridot vials, 2 emerald vials, 5 moonstone vials, 6 garnet vials, 8 strawberry chocolates, 2 wands of portals, 3 sapphire crystal vials, an Ocular of the Havens, a wooden ring of vigour, 2 pairs of boots of the spider, 2 bracers of devastation, a girdle of fortitude, 2 pairs of wings of the eagle, and 3644304 gold sovereigns.

ok, I've bought 250 giftbags, how many did you freaking buy?!

Alexina, I can't even fathom what more you could possibly by in this game. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Chocolate, keyring, 2 certs, chalice, and gold.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Alexina should buy casks and create her one stop shop again on the highway.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    MastemaEzalor
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul

Illidan said:

Alexina, I can't even fathom what more you could possibly by in this game. 
    I have dual-trans paladin that I'm seriously considering playing again, or alternative a shaman. I really miss playing on the other side but I don't really feel like hopping sides again.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I wasn't supposed to buy, but how to resist? 
    A crystal skull, a wand of portals, a sulfurous amulet, 1 caramel chocolate, 1 mint chocolate, 1 hazelnut chocolate, 1 necklace of rebirth, 2 Librams, 3 grimstim pills, 3 chalices, 3 signet ring, 4 customization certificates, 6 keyrings, 7 silver tokens, 8 artifact vials, 40 Ironcoins, and 282166 Gold