Let's talk about Aetolian PK Systems...

And how Iesid, Mazzion, Stine, myself, and whoever else manages one is not obligated by anyone to do anything for you, least of all give you their hard work for free.

I am especially not a candidate to be dragged through the mud because /you/ have never even approached me about gaining access to my system. Rime has been 'selective' in the sense that I have said it was selective and that there is no public link to my discord server where the download is. Users have been asked to not share it, but it's for legitimate reasons such as but not limited to: I have a full time real life job. I have a social life (debatable, probably). I have other interests outside of Aetolia. I will not always be around to trouble shoot and play tech support, and I can be a very impatient person. I don't want headaches that I didn't ask for by posting a fully public and open system.

All of that being said however, I have turned down all of 2, maybe 3 people, from getting Rime have they asked me. Other dev's might have turned you down, and that's their right, because they also have their own lives and own enjoyment of the game to consider.

I am not gatekeeping anything except my own enjoyment of Aetolia. Troubleshooting errors and fixing bugs and general maintenance of Rime is hard enough and I don't get paid for it, that's why it's not public public. And the point still stands that most of the people talking trash on me and the other people who maintain Rime have never even once talked to me about obtaining a copy.

This thread was brought about because the same screenshot Nhahlar posted made its way into my view, along with a few others from those same Dominion players blaming their inability to PK on /me/. I am completely blown away by this comment, as I spend more of my time than is probably healthy talking PK to anyone who will talk PK. In web, in raiders, in any discord server or dm. The more people who PK the more people I get to fight against or with and the more fun that is for me. I couldn't fathom sabotaging my own enjoyment so I could say I was better at PK than other people.

If you want a copy of Rime, try asking me. Unless you're the player of a Dominion character. Not that you'd ever ask me to begin with, but except for those who already have a copy, the rest of you are officially blacklisted.
Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
IazamatLegynKurakTeramasceNipsyLinMjollKodazaNisaviMaeve

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited May 2022
    I can't PK anybody on Rime, it's def not an instant win button that's going to supplant needing to know how to actually fight in game.

IazamatKurakBulrokGalileiMaeve
  • edited May 2022
    This thread was brought about because the same screenshot Nhahlar posted made its way into my view, along with a few others from those same Dominion players blaming their inability to PK on /me/.

This was patently insane, given that I know, for a fact, that a number of us have sat down in the past and attempted to explain what they should be doing in group combat in explicit detail and have been summarily ignored or, worse, been told that they had no interest in doing that and would do as they please at group combat.
    KurakBulrokNipsy
  • Anyone can PK, I promise. Before Aetolia I played Achaea. I PKed and Duelled quite well. I taught my self basic coding from zero working knowledge of it. I read and asked questions from other good PKers. I taught myself affliction theory and limb combat. These are all things that a system will not do for you and things you need to know to be competitive. PK takes work.

Rime shortcuts some of the harder parts of coding for PK, like curesets and affliction tracking. But to make and maintain offenses you still have to understand those principles. You still need to understand the theory behind it all to maintain cure sets and offenses in an ever-changing PK meta. And if you have this knowledge odds are you can kill people without Rime.

Also, there are plenty of people on Shadow that will take the time to help you learn. I trouble shoot people's Shadow side Sunder all the time and I do not even use Sunder.
    BulrokIazamatNipsy
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    @Bulrok has been incredibly candid that Rime is not as user friendly as some of the other systems out there, and one of the reasons I know I don't pester him for it.

Instead @Iesid @Elene @Kurak usually hears me rant about Sunder and things that I magically break, or am too "code stupid" a term I have made, to figure out and troubleshoot., and let me tell you, no system is designed to be a WIN button, many of the people that are successful with Rime, Sunder, or Mazzsys, have put ALOT of hours into fine tuning, developing and creating their own offenses upon the framework that the people who oversee these systems have put their free time into.

tl;dr dont be a dick to people who are being kind.
    tl-est of the drs - Dont be entitled to anything from anyone, anytime.
  • I hear Rime has the best Monk offence ever.

Also I agree entirely; you hit the nail on the head as to why I never share my systems anymore. Even selling it isn't worth the ungratefulness.
  • Akrios said:

I hear Rime has the best Monk offence ever.

Also I agree entirely; you hit the nail on the head as to why I never share my systems anymore. Even selling it isn't worth the ungratefulness.

Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    NipsyEleneIazamatTeaniZeheiaTetchtaAlela
  • Mjoll is now blacklisted from Rime for sharing sensitive monk tech.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    MjollIazamatTeramasceTeaniZeheiaNipsyTetchtaAlelaXenia
  • Mjoll said:

Akrios said:

I hear Rime has the best Monk offence ever.

I have been running Rime's monk for months, v potent, pls delete so no one else steals it.

Also yeah I wrote CATS a long time ago and I had 2 pretty basic asks. 1 Carnifex guild only, 2 don't share with others. The sheer number of people who asked me to write them a different class, or unicornsed that I got them killed, or wandered off and kept using it was staggering. And several had the gall to get upset that I wouldn't help them steal my work. Baffling.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz