Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    @Sryaen that's mean.

• Tetchta said:

@Sryaen that's mean.

Oh.. OH. That's.. NOT at all what I meant. Sorry, I skimmed and thought she was replying to Bulrok's bit about putting yourself in situations to be PK'd.

I'm mortified. I'm so sorry.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    TetchtaAyastiaGalilei
  • edited April 2022
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Sryaen
  • my pet peeve is when i do something dumb and have difficulty accepting it was dumb
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Tetchta
  • Realizing prolly for the past few weeks that I've had 2 pipes full of reishi and 1 full of yarrow in my pipelist because something happened and it never refilled an empty one with willow.

Now it makes sense as to why those fights with @Kurak seemed so brutal.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • edited April 2022
    Sryaen said:

Realizing prolly for the past few weeks that I've had 2 pipes full of reishi and 1 full of yarrow in my pipelist because something happened and it never refilled an empty one with willow.

Now it makes sense as to why those fights with @Kurak seemed so brutal.

Didn't you have this issue again like a month or two ago? I remember that log you posted, being insistent that something in serverside was bugged or what have you.
    Sryaen
  • edited April 2022
    Oh, I cannot read.
    Tetchta
    Never shoulda left the Carnifex......

SryaenNipsyIazamatAlelaFyrren
  • when the quest mob won't let me do the quest more than once per day................
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    ValorieNipsyGalilei
  • edited April 2022
    This is more than mildly irritating but instead of starting a whole thread on it:
    Dropping a mechanic that starts a war without giving spirit a way to counter it other than 'stand there and wait for them to come to you'. It feels this war was designed for us to lose and I do not like that. I have no problem losing legitimately but this is crap.

Edit: I am noticing a lot of laughs or disagree from Shadow players. I am trying very hard not to make this an us vs them so if you could explain why you disagree? And please keep in mind, you lot have a goal to achieve and a way to do it. All we can do is fortify troops. We don't have a win condition except "Well maybe if we win enough fights they will give up"
    SryaenXavinSeurimasIazamatNipsyBulrokGalilei
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I understand the sentiment of the post, it does suck to simply have no win condition besides prevent them from achieving theirs. However, one loss is not the end of everything. My pet peeve for the day as I log off after spending 13 hours helping defend is someone on CT trying to chide us for not throwing ourselves at their overwhelming numbers. Like, come on. Everyone today put forth a lot of effort.

My further pet peeve is how this wedding we've planned in about 12 hours is probably going to not go as anticipated, because I'm sure the next part of this event, or more fighting will be happening then. Feel bad for Katie and the others who put a lot of planning into it. But it is what it is, I suppose.

I'm just glad I'm not still in the hospital and could help out a bit.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    AyastiaIazamat
  • Yeah that's rough. I'm sorry to hear all that man. I hope the wedding goes well :)

But like I've told others I've talked to. I don't care about the loss of the battle. They had the numbers and won that fight. They deserve the win. I'm not salty over that. I'm just upset that we have no real way to stop them except fortifying troops. If we could fight back in an effective way and they still end up enslaving, I would be okay with that. But no counter mechanic makes me feel rail roaded on a story the admins want to go a specific way.
  • Reminds me of my failed tanix festival when elder gods were droppin, shit just happens.
    TetchtaNipsyEleneIazamatXeniaHolbrookLenoriel
    Isn't a war practically equal mechanically? Bloodloch has to also hold an area while also doing a lengthy mechanical mini game. It seems the mechanics are either equal, or slanted in Enorian's favor.

IazamatGalileiNipsy
  • Your counter is to... kill us. Shadow currently has more work to do.
    GalileiTetchtaSryaenNipsyAeryx
  • God we win one night of PK. s2g
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    IazamatKurakTetchtaNipsySeurimasFyrren
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    As of the past ...year I have been back around:

Victories for Spirit: Numerous to count - Earned by number and amount of coordination and effort. (Honestly its been great to see Spirit be strong)

Victories for Shadow: One where the God forfeited cause their order quit, Second where Bloodloch literally had to destroy itself internally to unify. - 2 Total

Were it not for a lot of stress and anxiety for parties involved on our side, we would have never been able to secure our efforts, coordinate, stressfully schedule a battlefield between two internal orgs during this strife, petition for demonstrations of strength and say a lot of not so nice things about each other. I assure you, if things did not go as they did, and we did not have a lot of pieces in order, there would have not been any victory, because we would have once again been outmatched by Spirit.

We are trying to get better, much as Spirit once did prior to other wars not so long ago.

I appreciate the efforts of people of Spirit who have been reasonable, we have been in your shoes plenty of times, I hope that with some clarity and time you realize that.

IazamatXenia
  • edited April 2022
    > @Bulrok said:
    > God we win one night of PK. s2g

As I have said numerous times: I do not care about that battle. You won fair and square. My issue is our only hope of winning is winning enough you all get bored and quit, as of this moment. While you all have a win condition set, ours is play defensive and hope. In fact, if we had a win condition and still lost, I would be okay with that. I am just unhappy that our only course of action is: Fortify and wait.
    Iazamat
  • What's our win condition?
    NipsyIazamatTetchta
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited April 2022
    Bulrok said:

What's our win condition?

We were never really given one, we were just threatened by Abhorash and told he would murder us if we didn't get our shit together. (We got our shit together, btw)
    IazamatTetchta
  • edited April 2022
    Perhaps win condition is the wrong term. You have a set goal that you can actively influence with mechanics while we have a goal that is basically: nothing for you to do until they act. Perhaps my frustration is that it seems that Enorian, during these events of wars and conflict with one another, is always forced on the defensive. We are a city that is meant to bring the age of dawn but we get no story beats of going to wherever and purging the undead population. Everything we do in the grand scheme of the game is reactive and it might be THAT fact that makes this feel like more of the same and causing my issue.

Edit: Perhaps that is on us though and we should try and force those kinds of events...
    IazamatNipsyBulrok
  • edited April 2022
    Ayastia said:

Edit: I am noticing a lot of laughs or disagree from Shadow players. I am trying very hard not to make this an us vs them so if you could explain why you disagree? And please keep in mind, you lot have a goal to achieve and a way to do it. All we can do is fortify troops. We don't have a win condition except "Well maybe if we win enough fights they will give up"

Because you're making a lot of assumptions and are seemingly refusing to acknowledge that stopping us from doing the mechanic that we've been handed is easier than actually doing the mechanic, which requires us to split up to do in any timely manner (AFTER DEMOLISHING ALL FORTIFIED TROOPS IN THE AREA), in addition to it requiring UP TO 30 seconds of balance to complete our mechanic. Ample opportunity for roving, skirmishing gank squads. Further, as has been stated, we don't actually know our win condition. We don't know when this ends. We don't know what the next stage is. Nothing. Griping about not having a win mechanic when all you have to do is stop us - something both tethers have experienced across numerous events in the past - is frankly worthy of ridicule, especially given recent events.
    GalileiKurakBulrokAeryxSryaenTetchta
  • Funny you say that, really. After talking with Ictinus a bit, it has come to my attention that some details didn't get passed around to everyone and that, by the actions of a few *coughcough* things got way out of hand and out of scope from what the admins intended. I RETRACT my complaint... for now.
  • edited April 2022
    Ayastia said:

Perhaps win condition is the wrong term. You have a set goal that you can actively influence with mechanics while we have a goal that is basically: nothing for you to do until they act. Perhaps my frustration is that it seems that Enorian, during these events of wars and conflict with one another, is always forced on the defensive. We are a city that is meant to bring the age of dawn but we get no story beats of going to wherever and purging the undead population. Everything we do in the grand scheme of the game is reactive and it might be THAT fact that makes this feel like more of the same and causing my issue.

Edit: Perhaps that is on us though and we should try and force those kinds of events...

Many players in Enorian seem to want to rp the "Good Guy" and that is a purely reactive goal. And when not given an event/thing/person to react to there is nothing to do. Even purging the undead is just reactive. I could see that feeling like always being on the defensive. I am not sure how to solve that problem but I am sure your city will get events! It seems like since I joined Enorian and Spirit have had loads of events and rp happen in city and Tether.
    Xenia
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Wow, that's nice. I'm glad we have people saying someone's opinion is worthy of ridicule. What an absolutely rancid thing to post.

Pet Peeve: Zero moderation on the forums.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    IazamatBulrokAyastia
  • edited April 2022
    > @Aeryx said:
    > Wow, that's nice. I'm glad we have people saying someone's opinion is worthy of ridicule. What an absolutely rancid thing to post.
    >
    > Pet Peeve: Zero moderation on the forums.

Edit: Not going there. I am better than attacking players for opinions (now)
    Iazamat
  • Ayastia said:

> @Aeryx said:
    > Wow, that's nice. I'm glad we have people saying someone's opinion is worthy of ridicule. What an absolutely rancid thing to post.
    >
    > Pet Peeve: Zero moderation on the forums.

I might of cared more except I only ever see him on the forums and today was the first time I've seen him in game in... God knows how long (unless he's running an alt... hmm)

;)
  • edited April 2022
    1.) He was online today, helping with the very event you are complaining about
    2.) He said it was worthy of ridicule. He didn't actually ridicule her opinion.
    Iazamat
  • > @Iazamat said:
    > ;)

Well this completely undid me editing my comment because what I said was messed up... ah well. What they say is true. Once on the internet it's always there.
    Iazamat
  • @Aeryx - What is keeping you from having the wedding? Just host it! Shit/events happen without accounting for what we have schedule, like Galilei's Tanix festival, or Roux's Waterfyre and there's really no helping it. Also, taking a break from the war is allowed! Not every war has to be fought or fully engaged with 24/7.
    IazamatNipsyTetchta