Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• These fking mobile forums are my pet peeve. What is this non sense?
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    IesidKurakDamonicusSibattiRihrinAlelaHolbrookValorieMaeve
  • Alela said:

Tetchta said:

immersion breaking

sometimes i feel like i'm being controlled by an unseen entity from outside our world...
    Dance my little puppet dance.

AlelaNipsy
  • Don't hunt in the Vortex if you're just going for 200 also that's a silly idea in the current state of things.

RihrinIazamatKurakTetchtaProcyon
  • Lin said:

I feel like establishing a good, healthy IC/OOC separation used to be so common in Aetolia that everyone took it for granted - this thread, as of late, really suggests we ought to bring back the practice.

my IC/OOC separation is so good that they used it as the conceptual basis for the tv show Severance. i don't even know who all of you are.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    GalileiLinKurakNipsyTetchta
  • I'm sorry if I came off at all in some way as not separating IC/OOC with my bits about the shout. It just seemed like bad sportsmanship on my side - but probably stemming for my own poor treatment by other players while trying to finish out the grind. Though, ultimately, I get Iesid's points and will reconsider how I'm viewing some of it.

New Pet Peeve: when you really want to craft and you just cannot get inspired to do much of anything.

Not really a game-side peeve, but still frustrating me lately.
    Valorie
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited March 2022
    IC/OOC seperation is a HUGE issue in some players and perhaps in this community as a whole, it is something that has demotivated me at times, and nearly force me to quit playing, if it wasn't for the good people out there being thoughtful and talking me down. With the amount of bandwagoning and just... lacking RP for stuff that could have very well been handled in game, its astounding. I have dealt with this recently, and some very good players, even some of them having been people I have disagreed with in the past, have looked beyond the past, have talked to me politely OOC, and been civil adults about things, which I have appreciated, it is the mature and responsible thing to do.

Being a character which often toes the line against the sensitivities of others, it is my responsibility as a player to be receptive to output provided, to be mature, and to consider how to better myself as a player. I always will welcome feedback maturely, I recently did so because I thought I might have been a source of upset folks, and was reassured that there are much larger over-arching issues, and that in the least my willingness to discuss was appreciated.

Some folks, just cant grasp that though, some folks treat the forums/discord, and the ignore function as a tool to just be assholes, instead of have IC interaction. Then bring problems to the forums to forum RP or discord to talk about players behind the characters.

Now I will preface this that on other characters, I have done things I am not proud of, said things that I am not proud of, and even furthermore, the root of this all, I have learned from my mistakes for ways I have interacted.

But a lot of folks, don't, and frankly it is sad. If you choose to ignore someone or refuse IC interaction, you don't get to be on the OOC shit-slinging parade as well.

tl;dr Don't be a Karen
    KurakSryaenIazamatTetchta
    Unless your name is Karen, then may you be showered in the glory of being YOU!
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited March 2022
    me when nipsy acts a clown and insults OG Chakrasul With The "Dainty, Naked Feet":

NipsyMaeve
  • edited March 2022
    Nipsy told me to watch my back last time we talked, and then didn't even do anything to me after that talk.

:'( Such a letdown.

eta: why are these emojis so big
    Nipsy
    edited March 2022
    LET MY THREATS BE HOLLOW.

Lest, one will turn into a SNACKRIOS! <3

Edit: HOLY EMOJI, WHAT IS THIS....
  • edited March 2022
    Edit: as alela said, let's not do this again
    Alela
  • oh god for real let's not do this again
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    AyastiaTetchtaNipsy
    Nalibhtavi didn't kiss me.

AlelaIesidValorieLinKurakIctinus
    Irritated by casual misogyny making an immediate comeback in the forefront of IC bludgeons when we literally just had a massive community conversation about the problems and issues regarding this exact sort of misogyny, especially when it really comes from more of an OOC morality/cultural stance and nothing that's backed up by the culture of the IC game at all.

IazamatLinRihrinIesidHolbrook
  • Not being allowed to participate in the PK I ringled.
    KurakNipsyCzciennRihrinSryaenValorieSibattiAyastia
  • edited March 2022
    Getting sauce about people projecting about how they can't participate in PK and just turn fucking ugly about it.

Edit: Genuinely not Iesid. Just shit timing.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Iazamat
    Will someone just tell me if PK rules are being broken or not so I can figure out where to send my disappointed dad energy?

IesidNipsyValorieHolbrookAlelaRihrin
    When people metagame and try to make org decisions or otherwise run in game stuff either in Discord servers or other OOC mediums instead of just logging on and playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Really don't like that, never have, never will.

IazamatNipsyRihrinXavinAloliIesidMaeveLenoriel
  • When events are going on across multiple locations, including some locked behind org-only areas, and the only communication about what is going on is limited to private tells or other non-public channels despite people attempting to get information more openly.
    Sryaen
  • Czcienn said:

When events are going on across multiple locations, including some locked behind org-only areas, and the only communication about what is going on is limited to private tells or other non-public channels despite people attempting to get information more openly.

Come on, bro. That's not at all what happened. Nobody was gatekeeping anything, and this entire event was broadcast pretty much in its entirety on CT. The only part of this that happened in the Illuminai guildhall made up like 10% of the entire thing. After tallying names, we had 13 Enorian citizens involved in this from start to finish, including you.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    The Illuminai Guildhall is easy to get into, Saltz or Kidos are usually AFK in the little pyramid place.
    Just prism.
    Reference: I do it all the time.
    SryaenSaltzBenedictoWjoltyrIesidLegynAlelaSibattiKidos
  • Sryaen said:

Czcienn said:

When events are going on across multiple locations, including some locked behind org-only areas, and the only communication about what is going on is limited to private tells or other non-public channels despite people attempting to get information more openly.

Come on, bro. That's not at all what happened. Nobody was gatekeeping anything, and this entire event was broadcast pretty much in its entirety on CT. The only part of this that happened in the Illuminai guildhall made up like 10% of the entire thing. After tallying names, we had 13 Enorian citizens involved in this from start to finish, including you.
    To say that it was broadcast in its entirety over CT is patently untrue. My experience with the event was very different from yours, even for the part where I was actually standing there at one of the locations.
    SaltzTetchta
  • edited April 2022
    I logged in at (from what I retrospectively gathered) midway through the event, but only heard of it when it already finished. Ct was radio silent for about 1.5 hours during that. CTELLS had some activity, from the earlier stages of the event though. I don't think there was any illwill/gatekeeping to deny the event to me or others, but the mantle is on the ones involved to include others. And in the end we're all human, sometimes people get carried away and miss these. Happens.
    Nipsy
  • Tetchta said:

When people metagame and try to make org decisions or otherwise run in game stuff either in Discord servers or other OOC mediums instead of just logging on and playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Really don't like that, never have, never will.

One of my biggest annoyances with being a leader in other games. The worst is when they DO login, and immediately try and jump OOC with you. Usually as a way to try and avoid being slapped IC for whatever they're about to say.

Like. If you don't actually wanna RP and stay IC, please just don't respond to me. Fucking hell.
    TetchtaIazamatRihrin

• Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    SessizlikBulrokRihrinKurak
  • Holy Wars are dumb no matter how you try to spin it.
    RihrinBulrokSryaenIazamat