Bard Class Discussion

IctinusIctinus ProducerAdministrator, Immortal
As mentioned in the original thread, this one is for your thoughts, comments, baseless speculation, and hype!

The original thread can be found here: https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/4349/bard-class-preview
Lin

Comments

• AxiusAxius where I am
    I genuinely am intrigued, since it'll be a -return- of the class.. and Bard has always been one of the two classes Aetolians have been like "LEMME GET THIS BACK PLZ!!1!!" right up there with..ahem. -jesters-. But I am definitely pleased by the news.
  • Can we possibly get a preview of what the skill sets look like?

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Where is my 'shook' react?
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    I. CANNOT. SCREAM. IN. EXCITEMENT. LOUD. ENOUGH.
    LenorielAlelaMaeveFyrren
  • edited March 2022
    I like the explanation for the Bard class, and I like its ties to Djeir and the Theatre of Shadows. Killing the Ash'aji cousins and miring us all into the politics of the Undercity... maybe the gifts from Djeir to each city will play some role in the end?!

Skillset names sound cool. But oh my god, bards, really?
    BenedictoWjoltyrAlelaMaeveFyrren
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited April 2022
    This is sick as hell
    Maeve
  • edited March 2022
    I am literally losing my mind over this omfg. With Lena's backstory being someone raised in the Theatre (then hopping into the Moreith) this ties in SO WELL I COULD CRY. Will absolutely be tying this into her RP wholesale.

AND BARDS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    NipsyMaeve
  • Hell yeah.
    Nipsy
  • I'll come back to this April 2nd
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    LinIesidSibattiAlelaMaeve
    Also...
    PRETTY PLEASE MINOR SKILL SPOILERS ON THE THREAD.

That is all.
  • I love, love, love it! The bloody prelude just made me even more excited!
  • Performance sounds like it has everything I want out of a Bard archetype... the real questions I have:

1. What will Songcalling look like in teams?
    2. What the HECK is Weaving?

Holy crap I'm so excited.
    Nipsy
  • Iesid said:

Performance sounds like it has everything I want out of a Bard archetype... the real questions I have:

1. What will Songcalling look like in teams?
    2. What the HECK is Weaving?

Holy crap I'm so excited.

2. Reminds me of Bartz from Final Fantasy Dissidia, or the College of Creation with DND.
    I MUST KNOW MORE!
  • Songweaving makes me think we'll finally have use for our venture or luthier talents, and the ability to create our own song lyrics. This is spurring the urge to describe instruments in me, a lot.
    IesidNipsyTeaniProcyon
  • edited April 2022
    I have already imagined way too many falchion ideas for my character.

Really, really interested to hear the lore behind the Ensemble and see what stories they immortalize.
    Nipsy
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    edited April 2022
    Iesid said:

I have already imagined way too many falchion ideas for my character.

Really, really interested to hear the lore behind the Ensemble and see what stories they immortalize.

I read this post way too fast, and thought you were "imagining way too many fashion ideas" for your character.

It didn't help that the next keyword was Ensemble, which only made me double down on it.
    ValorieNipsyIesidZeheiaProcyon
    I already have my design ready for a weapon rune...

I NEED THIS
    Iesid
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    gimme

Nipsy
    We're all ready for the event, sweet musical madness come to us!

NEED BAAARDS
    edited April 2022
    idgaf about music or theming, I just wanna figure out if it's better at bashing than Revenant is

edit: rp is for squares

LinValorieXavinIesid
    Is Ictinus back from his vacation with Tetchta yet. (Discord meme sorry)

I need more Bard. Thank you.
    Iesid
  • WEAVING IS THE COOLEST FREAKING THING OMFG
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    NipsyIesid
    I need more!!!!! Timelines…. Skills….. do I buy more stuff…. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    Iesid
    catgirls

ValorieNipsyLin
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Like the idea but can there be a better way for the Mythics ability to grant consent beyond mutual ally? We have to use mutual ally for a lot of things, unallying/allying is already kind of tedious as it is, and I don't really feel like opening my character up for shenanigans. There should be an active check, or a different way of granting consent for this.
    ValorieLinRenliTetchtaIazamat
  • I think the Watcheyes power from Antiquated Ring would be a good template to borrow for that skill's permission/agreement.

Love the concept! Real excited to see more.
    Tetchta
  • Random Bard thoughts for today:

I wonder what else Weaving can make? Props to perform with, maybe? It would make sense. Also, w/ the arachnid stuff in Djeirani lore, maybe making nets or webs or other hindering? Tripwires/traps? Possibilities are endless!

Also, I wonder how much weapon stats will matter for sword stuff?
    Nipsy
  • It would be S U P E R C O O L if we could use facsimile and design our own chairs, etc. Just like a regular crafting design going through the mortal crafters queue with everyone having been informed of the limitations of the skill.