Stockrooms and Exploration

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade

Hi! I'd like to talk about this feedback.

Stockrooms are:
  • Private property, owned either by a single player or an organization,
  • Intrinsically kept under lock and key,
  • Filled, by design, with a player's hoarded and/or crafted valuables.
Stockrooms are not equal, either. While most of them can be accessed with the Burrowing racial, Bloodloch's stockrooms are stashed away behind solid rock. The only way to get into them is to ask the owner of the shop in question to let you in - or sneak in through less-than-honest means. This isn't easy even when you're not enemied to the city.

If I burrow or sneak into the Syssin guildhall, I might be able to pluck up any non flame-sigiled goodies they've left around. I can probably kill their tutor and cause a bit of a nuisance. I really can't do all that much to them. No matter how we like to prop up the fantasy of defending our homeland, once invaders have gotten into it, they can't really do an awful lot.

So with all due respect, I believe stockrooms could not be more different from org-only areas!
ValorieAislingTetchtaIazamatXavinSibattiTeaniCzciennAloliProcyon

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited March 2022
    Guildhalls don't count toward exploration (an org area), and like you said, it really resembles private property (houses, imo) more than org areas (temples, astral orgy spots etc). Both guildhalls and homes don't count toward explorers, and stockrooms are...really exclusive. You might be able to get someone to let you in for the number, but shop turnovers are very slow (another topic altogether).

I don't think this was the right call. Stockrooms feel like they're more of a mechanical contrivance than a real "room" even. They're an open air inventory for your shop. In another game with slightly different code, they possibly wouldn't even exist. 

IazamatLinSibattiTeani
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Why would I ever let someone into my dragon's hoard when it's so easy to just ii here##get everything?
    <_<
    IazamatAloli
  • please let me into your stockrooms I only want to explore I promise
    SibattiTetchtaLinIesidReaveCzciennSryaen
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Valingar said:

please let me into your stockrooms I only want to explore I promise

Eliadon said:

Why would I ever let someone into my dragon's hoard when it's so easy to just ii here##get everything?
    <_<</p>

That's exactly how I had to do it too :(
    I had to have my character try to convince people, she would normally not talk to at all, to let her see how they "organized their stockroom" so she can learn to do the same with her new shop. It was crazy RP sometimes but I fully support the idea that stockrooms should not be counted for exploration points.

Furthermore, there are some stockrooms out there that belong to NPC shops that you can't access at all like those in the refugee camp.

When I asked about this in the past I was told "It's done that way on purpose, there's a reason". Okay but I was also never told what the point is - is it to force RP? Why would I ever let anyone I don't know into my stockroom? No RP to be had here.

/rant - sorrythankyou

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran