Announce post #3327: Cryptic Chests: The Long-Awaited Update!

2/17/2022 at 0:00
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Cryptic Chests: The Long-Awaited Update!

Hi folks!

By popular demand, the update to cryptic chests has arrived and they will be available on the website for the rest of the month! I had planned for this to rotate in through a future promo, but I've had a ton of messages asking for chests to be fixed, so I've decided to release it early.

As with stockings, purses, giftbags, and other promo types, the main change here is establishing a minimum baseline value to ensure that a chest always rewards at least the equivalent in credits for the cost (with some extra on top). Previously, chests were curated around a minimum of 5 credits under the assumption that they would average out.

I have now raised that minimum to 15 (with the average being somewhat higher, and with a chance for it to be a lot higher). This should make them significantly more rewarding overall..

Chests bought in game for iron coins are also affected by this change and adhere to the same minimum, meaning they are still a gamble, but far less unbalanced for the cost.

With that preamble out of the way, let's look at prizes. In a chest you may find:

- Chocolate bags, elemental globes (the standard ones), silver chalices, divine oils, fireworks, customisation certificates, artifact discount vouchers, and a very low chance at salvage.

- Credit prizes ranging from 10 - 200.

- Various artifacts ranging in value from 50-2000 credits.

- Relic coffers with pieces for: trapgold, chrys_invisible, flair_brooding, flair_angry, ilmenitebracer, hunters_knife, hunters_book, hunters_horn.

- Minipets from this list: an undead toad, a tiny field mouse, a transparent ghost crab, a wandering spirit pup, a naked mole-rat, and an undead wererabbit.

- Cracked scroll cases with pages for: Xaanhal, Welto, the Squal, Tcanna, Dovan, the Maul, Dramedo Warrens, and Luzith's Lair.

In addition to these, you will always receive a filler prize (such as grimstim pills, various consumables, omnipotence pills, etc). These do not count towards your chest's value.

As always, chests can be found on the Aetolia website here: www.aetolia.com/credits.

Enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 7th of Slyphian, in the year 500 MA.
Iesid

Comments