New Forums

Comments

• Hey admins, can we just pretend that I posted an advert for WoW gold or something here so I can get a spam tag? Also, consider me promoting something as well so I get that tag too. I only need those to Catch 'Em All!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Don't you ever get bored.
  • Is there a way to refresh the "recent discussions" listing like that last forum set up? Right now it's 9 pages or more long and I keep having my followed conversations buried. I prefer to get it set up to see just what updated or started since I last logged in. Thanks.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    For some reason, I can't seem to change my profile pic.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Do we have a 'mark all forums read' button somewhere? If not, can we please get one?
    RivasArbreTeaniAmara
  • edited March 2013
    @Alexina If you're at the default logon screen (http://forums.aetolia.com/categories), you can hover over each of the 10 categories and click the gear that shows up. "Mark Read" will make all underlying threads be marked as read.  It's not one button, but 10 clicks is better than going to every single thread at least.

imageimage
    Not sure what formatting nonsense is going on in Eleanor's art thread, but Haydyn's post suddenly breaks the way posts look.
  • I DIDN'T DO IT! (But I noticed it as well :( )
    imageimage
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2013
    Haydyn said:
    @Alexina If you're at the default logon screen (http://forums.aetolia.com/categories), you can hover over each of the 10 categories and click the gear that shows up. "Mark Read" will make all underlying threads be marked as read.  It's not one button, but 10 clicks is better than going to every single thread at least.

I've hovered so much and didn't find a single gear to click. Why can't we just get a 'mark all topics/forums as read' button? They have one in Achaea's forums.

:/

EDIT:
    I found them. They're sort of hidden.
  • I find, with the colour scheme of the new forum, that signatures (particularly images, but also quotes that use the quote tag, because of the design and colours of the quotes) are more intrusive/annoying than on any other forum I have ever seen.

Obviously, the solution is simple (turn off signatures), and that is what I've done.

Maybe, if I'm not alone thinking this, something could be done about it - restricting the size of signatures, changing the colour scheme, I dunno, just throwing it out there.

If I were to be honest, I prefer reading this forum from my mobile anyway. Cleaner and simpler all round.
  • Alexina said:
    Haydyn said:

I've hovered so much and didn't find a single gear to click. Why can't we just get a 'mark all topics/forums as read' button? They have one in Achaea's forums.

:/

EDIT:
    I found them. They're sort of hidden.
    I would still really love a global mark all as read. I miss that the most from the old forums. (Should be a button on the recent discussions page)
  • I still wish for a "lol" smiley-mark for posts. I want to express my laughter :(.
  • :)) =))

Like those?
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    She means in addition to Disagree, Agree, Like, etc.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Calipso
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Can the character limit for posts get upped? It feels like it's way shorter than the old forums, which makes posting RP logs a hassle.
    Haven
    On the other hand, it gives us a good reason to use Logsty.
    Haydyn
    edited March 2013
    Ah, haven't tried using an external site for RP logs. I save emotes and says and tells into another window based off ansi triggers for easy capture, but I guess pulling stuff extant from logs could work (although it would take more time).
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Does anyone feel like the new forums is a whole different atmosphere than the old?  I haven't quite pinpointed what it is, but I do feel like everyone's posting a lot more often and, with few exceptions, a lot more positively.
    MoireanAldricIosyneEmelle
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Arbre said:
    Does anyone feel like the new forums is a whole different atmosphere than the old?  I haven't quite pinpointed what it is, but I do feel like everyone's posting a lot more often and, with few exceptions, a lot more positively.
    The community has matured as a whole I think.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    I think the transparency with the likes/agrees/dislikes also helps keep conversations from being dominated by just the loudest/most active posters. It's a lot harder to steamroll over people, bully them, or just be rude if you have 10 disagrees on your post.
    ArbreEzalor
  • And people are more apt to post more frequently if they know that their prior posts are being read, which comes from likes/agrees. I like that (even in our testy threads) we manage conversations as a group instead of being off in our own private little world with side commentary.
    imageimage
    The mods actually being allowed to punish people is pretty cool, too. We were virtually powerless back in the day.
    Arbre
    The power is going to Lin's head.
    Periluna
  • Is it possible to get a new catagory started Player Guides, and then sub catagories inside for each class. I think it would make it a bit easier for people to find what they want esp new players searching for guides.

I set the Shaman and lycan ones to Announce, so they'll stay at the top of the Sparring Grounds folder.  If @Daskalos makes his into one thread, I'll do the same to it.
    Is there a preview post option? I can't seem to find it. If not, can we get one? :)
    Tza
  • As it stands, you can preview your post only if you're making a new thread, not when you're posting a comment on an existing thread. But I agree, I'd love to be able to preview how badly I screw up my spoiler tags before everyone else witnesses it.
    imageimage
    MoireanEmellePerilunaTza
    Haha yeah spoilers are basically the main reason for asking.

Also, is there a way to manually create a quote? On old forums it was just [quote][/quote] but that doesn't seem to work here. Most bb code doesn't seem to be working, and you have use the little formatting click stuff, but I can't find one for quotes.
  • edited April 2013
    Test 2

Yeah... A little more indepth than I think you wanted, but you use html blockquotes with the class set to "Quote" and put your text in a div with the class of "QuoteText". Seems that the forums have their own pre-config'd CSS for certain class names and such.
    imageimage
    Moirean