Map for sale!

As was posted on the old forums, I offer my imapper map for sale.

What does it cost?

50 credits.

What does this buy?

A very up to date map as well as periodic updates to the map. I try to send out an update at least once a month. Included are things like shrine locations and wormholes.

If you are interested or have questions, feel free to pm me here or get a hold of me in game.

KiyotanDamonicusKerrynTahl

Comments

• I'll be the good little sales person here.

I have had Xavin's map since I started. It works very well and have not had any issues with the map. He has answered any mapper questions I have needed to fix during and when his update comes out it is fixed on his end.

Kiyotan
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited December 2012
    Need another testimonial? Xavin's mapper is the best thing to happen to Aetolia since Overkill. He is so efficient it makes me want to puke. He answers any and all questions and is so helpful and knowledgeable, it's like working with Gretel. It really is an excellent map with top-notch features. He keeps up to date on all the room name changes, area additions and room subtractions, and every last shrine on Sapience. The guy is so devoted, it's pretty clear he does nothing else with his life. But it's an awesome map and worth far, far more than the 50cr he asks for it. Easily one of the best investments you'll ever make.

Disclaimer: None of this is sarcasm. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Damonicus
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I also use the map, and love it very much.

I will say this, though - When I first got the map, it used to path through bloodloch to get to the lich gardens. Obviously, that sucks for us on the other side.

Now, it uses special things in Duiran to get around Duiran, which don't work if you're not part of Duiran.

These are really, really easy fixes, if you're comfortable editing the IMap, and are totally worth the upside of the map as a whole.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • What clients does the map work with?

• Lianca said:
    What clients does the map work with?
    The map is for Mudbot (See Xon's thread) which works with alllll of them. Except maybe nexus. (As far as I know) there is a bit of set-up involved in getting it to work, but any of us that have it would be more than happy to help.
    Haven
  • I haven't a clue how to work mudbot. Now I'm off to find Xon's thread you mentioned and do some reading up on it. Thanks!

• Daingean said:
    I also use the map, and love it very much.

I will say this, though - When I first got the map, it used to path through bloodloch to get to the lich gardens. Obviously, that sucks for us on the other side.

Now, it uses special things in Duiran to get around Duiran, which don't work if you're not part of Duiran.

These are really, really easy fixes, if you're comfortable editing the IMap, and are totally worth the upside of the map as a whole.
    The duiran thing should be fixed as of this most recent update >_>

• yer a wizard, xavin
    Xavin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Tahl said:
    yer a wizard, xavin
    Does he have the scar too? From he who shall not be named?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Lianca
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    No, but he has three hobbit minipets.
  • Kiyotan said:
    The guy is so devoted, it's pretty clear he does nothing else with his life.

:)]

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

edited December 2012
    Valenae said:
    Kiyotan said:
    The guy is so devoted, it's pretty clear he does nothing else with his life.
    :)]
    You need to change your picture into a .png file to get rid of that white background and join the rest of us cool Eleanor kids.
    havenbanner2
  • edited December 2012
    What is this wizardry you speak of?

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Valenae said:
    What is this wizardry you speak of?
    Welcome to the club! \o/
    havenbanner2
  • To anyone who uses Xavin's map:

Is it updated for wormholes in the warp nexus?

Thanks! :)
  • Almost 100% certain it is. I have used the chapel garden warps several times. I kinda gave up though, because configing warps on and off (I go between templar and syssin a lot) got annoying.
    Raeche
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It has the warp nexus in it, I just do'nt use it because stick balance is lolslow.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

I don't use it because I'm enemied to just about every organization in the game on both sides of the fence.
    havenbanner2

• Daskalos said:
    It has the warp nexus in it, I just do'nt use it because stick balance is lolslow.
    Eh, is it slower than Syssin warping? I never knew!

• Raeche said:
    To anyone who uses Xavin's map:

Is it updated for wormholes in the warp nexus?

Thanks! :)
    To my knowledge it is up to date, though I've not really been told that there are any problems with it. That said, if I find out that there are holes that need changed, I'm willing to do so.

• Great map Xavin, thanks a bunch.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Raeche said:

Daskalos said:
    Eh, is it slower than Syssin warping? I never knew!

iirc, it's like 3.5 seconds per warp? Dunno what Syssin warp is.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Hrmm oh, it's 4 seconds equilibrium for regular people I think.
  • Call me a newbie...but im having a hard time trying to figure out how to plug the .rar file I got from Xavin into my mudbot...and he is sleeping...anybody got any thoughts?

• Rar is another type of compression format. Download winrar and try to extract it. The files should look a bit more recognizable after that.
    TaelinHaydyn
  • Yeah, sorry about that @Taelin. I meant to tell you but things have been a bit stressful for me lately so it slipped my mind. Sorry again :-/

Taelin
  • Thanks @Kaeus & @Xavin.  Ive been rather busy lately myself.  Thanks for the help!

• I recently started playing Aetolia again, and I decided to pick this map up from Xavin. It's really good. I used to play Imperian for a very long time and used the imapper on there, and that one doesn't even come close to how advanced this mudbot/mapper is. Good stuff, definitely worth the credits. Being able to run around on my own makes me excited to play again.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Good map. And he actually updates unlike some others. >.>
  • edited February 2013

If I got this map would it include updates for the new land once we get over there? I would even dump another 10-15 credits for it when the time came to move for these.

(my current map is my bros from two years ago :( )

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™