Announce post #3292: Year 500!

1/5/2022 at 0:01
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Year 500!

Hi everyone!

Year 500 celebrations have now officially begun! The year proper turns over in a few hours but we're kicking things off early to align with the Howling. There'll be two posts following this to formally open the Artisanal & Bardic competition and the Design contest, and the Starfall will take place shortly after.

As of now, the following bonuses are active and will run until 1st Variach 501 which is not until the 24th of February!

* Monday: Double milestone cap
* Tuesday: Double XP
* Wednesday: Favours for everyone
* Thursday: Denizens will respawn twice as fast after being killed
* Friday: Increased critical hits

Olleo has reopened his shop in the Harpy's Head (v66737) with an updated slew of wares including trinkets, minipets, more figurines, a tapestry collection, and more!

Windchaser is also offering a daily quest for the rest of the month involving exploration and anagrams! Pay him a visit at v16428 and ask him about a checklist!

- PROBE the list for your daily clue.
- Find the corresponding denizen.
- POINT CHECKLIST AT <denizen> to see if you've found it.
- Every howling, the checklist will show a new clue. Don't have to go back to Windchaser!
- There are 25 total clues, but you only need to find 20 for the prize!

As always, EVENTS is your best port of call to see what else is happening this month!

Happy Year 500!

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 24th of Haernos, in the year 499 MA.
TeaniValorieIesid

Comments

• NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    I just wanna say. The Games have been a lot of fun thus far and super engaging to participate and equivalently cheer on our Citymates.

Great job on not only communicating events, but just making them fun and engaging.

Also ... Vote for Aetolia.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    so I just realized there is no bonus on Saturday or Sunday? can we have one added?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    so I just realized there is no bonus on Saturday or Sunday? can we have one added?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Macavity said:
    There usually never has been for the weekends, since a lot of other things happen then.