Reave

I thought for the new year I would open one of these for my syssin. If you have interacted with her or would like to, feel free to drop a note 💙

Including a commission (Credited to an artist named Shiceru) I had done of an outfit the lovely Kaiara crafted for me.

Feirenz Ourborian tells you, "Kids these days...nobody talks face to face anymore! You're all buried nose deep in your telepathy!"
KaiaraWjoltyr

Comments

• Reave is baller. Looking forward to more role-playing type interactions. Loving the art commission!
    Reave
  • I know we haven't interacted much outside of a professional setting, but I just wanted to say this looks great and you were fun to work for! :)
    Reave
  • Kaiara said:
    I know we haven't interacted much outside of a professional setting, but I just wanted to say this looks great and you were fun to work for! :)
    Elene mentioned you were one of the best crafters around! I'm super happy I was able to win your auction  :D The outfit fitting was absolutely adorable and fun!
    Feirenz Ourborian tells you, "Kids these days...nobody talks face to face anymore! You're all buried nose deep in your telepathy!"
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    We got to interact for a good bit in Esterport yesterday and I had a lot of fun. It was strange and new for my character to interact with someone from Shadow in a friendly way. You did a spectacular job with the emotes, and I hope you stay around on Aetolia forever. Good stuff!
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Reave
  • @Wjoltyr Sometimes, I can translate "typical" Spirean attributes into Reave's roleplay, but usually, her interactions are appropriate and polite as to suit her counterparts. My favorite thing about you was how you managed to draw out Reave's mischievous tendencies through your salt of the earth attitude and charm. This was one of my favorite lighthearted moments this month, and I hope there will be more to come!

@Aeryx I'm glad you "branched out" and interacted with Reave from a neutral position. Honestly, while I enjoy conflict, it is very rare that I get to sit and chat with the other party. As you stayed true to your character, I enjoyed learning more about the divine he served. Thank you again!
    WjoltyrAeryx
  • I do know why but that outfit makes me think of Lelouche from Code Geass
    Reave
  • It's common for people to share their art, but I wanted to share a bit of a character-building one-shot I wrote in August in memory of the Village of Kald. Roleplaying with myself felt strange, but I'm glad I did it!

Also, the war was incredible and I'm happy I could be a quiet part of its story!

--- Entrance to a thick forest --- -1:6:0 ---
    The stars glimmer down, broken only upon occasion by thin wisps of clouds. The ominous silhouettes of three
    dark menhirs stake out a bloodied offering ground here, sanctified to the Sun Drinker. Thibideoux, a
    calloused millworker takes refuge here. An earnest young server has taken refuge here. Active despite his
    years, Elder Ives toils away here, tending to his farmland. Positioned with solemn purpose, a large silver
    bell hangs here. Her expression lingering on a distant point, the Elder Esme stands here quietly. A comely,
    red-headed innkeeper has taken refuge here. Fur covered in sawdust, a stray sheepdog wanders around rather
    unkempt through the village. There are 2 confident village women here. There are 3 brawny villagers of Kald
    here. A whittling station stands here, ready for use. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil.
    A local rascal has taken refuge in the forest. Several tents have been erected across the forest, a
    temporary residence for the villagers taking refuge.

You have emoted: The forest is in a beautiful state in the evening light as the remnants of a past winter
    continues to fade away. The melting snow is a striking contrast against the dark trunks rising around the
    meandering refugee tents. Reave slinks closer as her footfalls maintain their sureness amongst the familiar
    territory.

You have emoted: Within Reave's possession is a long and deep emerald green sash which flutters on an
    errant breeze. Her silvery grey eyes flickering as she passes each torch lighting the makeshift path,
    bobbing their amber colours within the afternoon and sending signals of smoke to the canopies above. An
    exhale lingers as her other hand trails down the length of a length of jade and onyx prayer beads until it
    touches an encaged miniature duskywing butterfly with a fondness.

You close your eyes as you reach for the tiny, ironwrought cage and as your fingers caress the metal of the
    enclosure, the vivid image of a funereal duskywing butterfly blossoms behind your eyelids.
    You reach out and touch an encaged miniature duskywing butterfly.

A shiver of fear crawls down your spine as the image fades away slowly, and you know the attention of the
    Dark Matron has been requested.

You have emoted: Reave's somber procession leads her into the central clearing of the tents. Pausing, she
    addresses the Elders with a respectful dip of her head before she falls into a silence of mourning as she
    watches the misplaced crowd of villagers intermingle around a large bonfire. Her expression flickers,
    seemingly overwhelmed, but as she lets her voice fill the crisp air, she radiates confidence beyond her
    petite form.

Confidently, you say, "My kin."

You have emoted: Stepping forward, Reave outstretches her arms as she presents a luxurious sash of emerald
    silk as a funeral ribbon between her hands. The pain weaving through her eyes was quite fresh, but she
    clutches at the ribbon as a last comfort.

Choking on the words, you say, "I would like to offer my own remembrance and gift as a daughter born within
    Kald. I do not speak to you as the Warden of Spinesreach or whatever meaningless titles I may have acquired
    through the years. You are my kin and I wish to share in your pain, having lost my own mother years ago in
    a winter's claiming."

Tone softening, you say, "It was one season ago that a cataclysmic war swept through our home with little
    warning like a blizzard. We have felt fear, rage, and despair as a result of this event. However, as a
    proud people, we survived and continued to challenge the shadowy monsters who tried to grasp what we
    valued. A miracle followed its aftermath, and from the rotted streets we rose. While this season has not
    been easy, our spirit is unbreakable. History will not soon forget our strength."

You have emoted: Fatigue and breathlessness racking through her body with the sentinments spoken, Reave
    gives herself a moment to exhale as she wills some energy into her movements and turns to hand a luxurious
    sash of emerald silk to Esme, an Elder of Kald.

A short burst of adrenaline becoming her motivator, you exclaim, "I dedicate this to those who have fallen,
    sacrificing their own safety for us and preventing our customs from extinction. All those who have suffered
    from the rot, the infection, the shadow, and the battle we have fought. Even when the fanfare subsides, we
    won't forget you. For as long as memory persists, you will survive!"

Firmly, you exclaim, "It is through their sacrifice that a stronger life can flourish!"

Voice thick with a genuine threat of tears, you say, "Let their memory be forever embedded into our minds."

You have emoted: Taking a few retreating steps after saying her peace, Reave dips her head once more
    towards Esme, an Elder of Kald and Ives, an Elder of Kald. There were no tears sparking within her eyes as
    she bids her final farewell and disappears.

prayto chakrasul:

"I've no idea what a proper remembrance looks like, or how to bury the dead, but this is my birth month and I felt it was fitting to celebrate the strength of Kald on this day.
    I no longer despair knowing that their memory is flourishing. That their strength is on display. That they've grown from this. I thank you for your gifts."
    LenorielValorieBulrok