Aeryx

AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
I never did one of these even when I played last time. But its a new year with new beginnings. Lets hear it.
Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.

Comments

• Czci joined around the time that Aeryx ran for Herald, and at the time Czci's first impression of Aeryx was that it felt a bit power-hungry given his age and experience, but on spending more time in the city and getting to know how things work, he soon realised exactly why Aeryx ran. These days, he regrets the fact that Aeryx lost, seeing him as part of the "new generation" of Enorianites who just quietly do what is necessary to help the city, in stark contrast to what he sees in many of the "old generation" that form what he considers the elite class in Enorian.

Through second-hand knowledge, Czci also knows that Aeryx is a sweet brother, but is wary to see if the rumours about the influence of family on Enorian politics will end up applying to Aeryx.

Oh also Aeryx actually sucks because he always does the pylon quests before anyone else can.
    AeryxDrystin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Phoe, initially, did not like Aeryx, and saw him as an overeager, overambitious meathead from yet another family trying to throw its weight and name around. It wasn't until sometime after that Herald election that he stumbled onto her in her shop, and they had a chat. The amount of respect Aeryx had for her, and his subsequent apology, were surprising, and they've struck a cute, if not a bit odd friendship since then.

I've jokingly described their dynamic before as Aeryx being like a 13-year-old kid and Phoe like the twenty-something cool, hot babysitter. Aeryx has got ambition, energy, and naivete that Phoe finds find of admirable and adorable, but she also feels like he doesn't think far enough ahead, or thinks too far ahead without really considering stuff in between. She's always reminding him that you need to walk before you run, and that sprinting right out of the gate often burns you out fast. Despite being bitter and cynical from her experiences, she tries her best to temper Aeryx's over eagerness with a dose of pragmatism and realism.

While they're not particularly close, I get the impression that Aeryx respects her age and experience to trust her enough to ask her things that he might not be able to ask anyone else without getting made fun of, which is an aspect of their interactions that always makes me smile. She's got high expectations of him, and it's fun and interesting to see how their friendship grows and develops.
    Aeryx
  • For Drystin, Aeryx is that image of a patient, compassionate Knight. Aeryx was one of the first Templar that Drystin met and from the beginning he was always patient and encouraged Drystin to keep trying and not give up. Aeryx does a good job of really acting the part of a Knight. He appears to really go out of his way to be that beacon of hope and inspiration to those around him while still being lighthearted enough to laugh at whatever antics Drystin is involved in right in front of him.

Aeryx is also fun to bring to lessers because everyone attacks him first instead of Dryst. Keep up the good work Aeryx!
    Aeryx
  • Sol found Aeryx's bashful flirting adorable and aggressively accepted his suggestion of a date, mostly with the intention of having a cute diversion to bully. As is to be expected of an inexperienced young man, the confession of love followed soon after, which she took with good humored skepticism.

They've grown on each other though, and the peach-fuzzed boy has definitely matured a lot even in the brief period they've been together. Aeryx just needs a good smack of sense every now and again. Nonetheless the dynamic reminds me of a 30-something, adventurous woman messing around with a guy more than 10 years her junior. We'll see if their relationship improves to a properly balanced, healthy give and take!
    AeryxDrystinSeraphinaDidi
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Been about 20 months since this thread, and the last post. Lots of things have changed and happened since then. No longer is the character an 18 year old boy, and is almost about to turn 32! Enemies have become friends, friends have become enemies, and everything in-between. Character isn't perfect, and neither am I, but I try my best to always do better. He's a lot like me, if I was in this crazy fantasy world, and actually attractive.

Interested to hear some thoughts!
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • Oba is so glad she chose Aeryx as her Knight Advisor, but it's a shame we don't get to rp all that much. We need tof ind time to meet up more often, so I can leave a better comment here!
    AeryxDidi
  • A total chance meeting and random conversation in the Vortex with the 'enemy' that provoked some insightful conversation and a new, puzzling acquaintance :smile: I look forward to our characters' interactions, even brief! Come to the daaark side >:)
    Aeryx