Announce post #3254: Artifact Powers & Orbs

11/4/2021 at 14:03
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
Artifact Powers & Orbs

Hi folks!

Just a quick reminder as I've had a few enquiries and bug submissions about it:

- Artifact powers are dormant when on orbs of power, and need to be transferred to 'real' items in order for them to function.

- Transferring from an orb can be done at no cost using the standard ARTIFACT TRANSFER command.

I've updated HELP ARTIFACT TRANSFERS to make this more clear!

Penned by my hand on Tisday, the 5th of Niuran, in the year 498 MA.

Comments

• In case others have it, or have issues. I did bug it previously thinking the orb was not working as I took it off completely (dropped) and put it back on and no damage change while bashing. Orb of power: hunt_quintessence. I did send this message:

You sent the following message to Ictinus:
    I tried to move my hunt from the orb of power per your post via this command: artifact transfer hunt_quintessence from
    239548 to 257410 , but i get this message: Auctioned artifacts cannot be used in transfers.

Mine was an auction item. Hopefully this helps.
  • Of course, lightning fast, he already fixed it. I am guessing should be fixed for everyone now who had the same issue.
  • LimLim
    edited November 2021
    Actually was just thinking - if the code for orbs of power already exists, wouldn't it be better if all articart powers just went into orbs of power, so customers can just transfer the artifact power on their end?

Rather than generating a bunch of unnecessary items (which I doubt is good for the server), and brings it in line with regular artifact purchases where you can transfer artifact powers to existing items.
    Eaku