Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    A craggy boulder in the valley.
    The rain pours down beneath the darkness of night, the clouds blotting out the heaven and stars. A
    faun of the ancient wood lingers in the area, his presence vaguely eerie. The wooden body of a
    lifeless Satyr shaman is here, alive no more. A piece of folded paper has been gruesomely inserted
    into a grievous gash in the middle of the dead Satyr's forehead. Imparter Caitria Cardinalis, the
    Wildcat is here, shrouded. She wields an iron-tipped whip in her left hand and a tower shield in her
    right. Huntress Valorie Aresti is here. She is riding on a flowery pink cherry dendaric entbeast.
    She wields a vicious dark brown dhurive in her hands.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, southwest, and northwest.
    You have reached your destination.

You can see the following 5 objects:
    "faun115193" a faun of the ancient wood.
    "satyr92873" the corpse of a barbaric Satyr shaman.
    "paper63255" a folded slip of paper.
    "entbeast157837" a flowery pink cherry dendaric entbeast.
    "eland156076" a verdant sylvan eland.

The corpse of a barbaric Satyr shaman rises up to his feet, looking refreshed.
    H:7280 M:5408 E:114% XP:18% [eb] [none]
    Caitria points at the blood-soaked paper.
    H:7280 M:5408 E:114% XP:18% [eb] [none]
    No it most certainly does not.
    IesidRhineTeotlValorieAxiusSeurimasSryaenEoros
  • edited May 2021
    PUBLIC NEWS #6435
    Date: 5/18/2021 at 6:39
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Saffron returns!

To all the cooks of Sapience and beyond, I must introduce myself. After the destruction of El'Jazira, and the demise of my amazing, wonderful, and tragically missed rival, I have come to a new market with all of my previous

Ahem. Scribes. Can't trust them!

I was until recently a poor second in the field of selling saffron and other related wares, but due to my previously incomparably unbeatable rival's incredibly unfortunate passing, I am now in the awe-inspiring - and completely coincidental, entirely unrelated to any recent events, except of course for the obvious death - position of being the premier saffron merchant in the lands! Please come visit me at the Xorali market to help me support my long-suffering wife and eleven children through the trials of now being a very important merchant of absolutely no relation to anyone that might come to mind.

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 9th of Chakros, in the year 495 MA.

Times are tough when even Goddesses have to hit the free market to support their families.

Edit: THE GODDESS OF CORRUPTION WAS A SPICE MERCHANT THIS ENTIRE TIME. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
    ValorieMoxieTayeSibattiTeaniTeotlEoros
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Saidenn said:

PUBLIC NEWS #6435
    Date: 5/18/2021 at 6:39
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Saffron returns!

To all the cooks of Sapience and beyond, I must introduce myself. After the destruction of El'Jazira, and the demise of my amazing, wonderful, and tragically missed rival, I have come to a new market with all of my previous

Ahem. Scribes. Can't trust them!

I was until recently a poor second in the field of selling saffron and other related wares, but due to my previously incomparably unbeatable rival's incredibly unfortunate passing, I am now in the awe-inspiring - and completely coincidental, entirely unrelated to any recent events, except of course for the obvious death - position of being the premier saffron merchant in the lands! Please come visit me at the Xorali market to help me support my long-suffering wife and eleven children through the trials of now being a very important merchant of absolutely no relation to anyone that might come to mind.

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 9th of Chakros, in the year 495 MA.

Times are tough when even Goddesses have to hit the free market to support their families.
    Poor Chak gets quoted, the completely atypical text formatting gets ignored.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    SaidennTeotl
  • Sekeres drinks from a tiny, base oil bottle of kawhe oil.

Sekeres did not just drink straight from an essential oil bottle like a weirdo. She drank from a wine bottle.

Cameryn nods along. Of course she did. Totally wine bottle.

Sekeres drinks from an elegant, Havothi marked wine bottle of chilled, Iron Hill's Fleck's milk.

You have emoted: Teotl flicks one ear at the stumble, jerking out of their reverie and turning to see if Cameryn were fine, and definitely saw Sekeres drink from a wine bottle like a normal tavern-goer.
    AlelaIesidZeheiaMoxieJhuraRhineTirriaEoros
  • totally normal
    TeotlSeurimasTirria
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    This made me laugh far more than it should have done @Haelra.

JhuraMoxieAlelaSryaenHaelraEorosTeaniRhineIesid
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    (Market): Jhin says, "The Mejevsavenel's Finest now open in Esterport (v5498)."
    (Market): You say, "The Red Lion in Enorian (v56480), we have everything. Including a name you can pronounce!"
    (Market): Didi says, "Roar."
    (Tells): Jhin, The Titan tells you, "Muaha."
    (Tells): "Hehe," you tell Jhin.
    (Tells): Jhin, The Titan tells you, "// HELP MEJEVSAVENEL."
    (Tells): "((I just painstakingly typed that and nothing shows up, and then copied and pasted it and nothing shows up.))" you tell Jhin.
    (Tells): Jhin, The Titan tells you, "//help mejevsavelnel."
    (Tells): Jhin, The Titan tells you, "//help mejevsavelnel."
    (Tells): Jhin, The Titan tells you, "// oops meant that once."
    (Tells): "((I see...I think I'll stick with colors and animals.))" you tell Jhin.
    (Tells): Jhin, The Titan tells you, "// lol."
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    AyastiaGavramelKonnornSeurimasDrystinSryaen
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    He was just trying to fix inaccessible old rooms for us...
    Brax said:

I accidentally deleted crack in the mountainside off the map

MjollLinArdent
  • (Spinesreach): You say, "Goodnight, Spinesreach. May your babies be abundant."
    (Spinesreach): Saidenn says, "Rest well, Moxie."
    (Spinesreach): Inkh says, "Chair."
    (Spinesreach): Eoros says, "No mother!"
    (Spinesreach): You say, "Don't crush my dreams!"
    (Spinesreach): Eoros says, "Consider them crushed."

Photo courtesy of @Toz 😂

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    IazamatGavramelAyastiaXaspherEorosTaiyang
  • (Web): Dourif says, "Caramels or mints for sale anyone?"
    (Web): Dourif says, "I'm your man."
    (Web): Fyrren says, "You've got a problem D."
    (Web): Fyrren says, "You need to lay off the chocolate."
    (Web): Dourif says, "I have."
    (Web): You say, "Need a mechanic that every chocolate you eat you gain a lb... and each lb makes you slower at walking."
    (Web): Dourif says, "No."
    (Web): Dourif says, "We do not."
    (Web): Fyrren says, "Every 20 lb will drop your celerity by 1."
    (Web): Dourif says, "Oh no."
    (Web): Dourif says, "Gonna die."

(Market): Dourif says, "Buying mint and caramel chocolates."

Feirenz Ourborian tells you, "Kids these days...nobody talks face to face anymore! You're all buried nose deep in your telepathy!"
    TeaniGavramelTala
  • This deathsight I think is hilarious /Chassity was ejected from a miner's cart at breakneck speeds. / Apparently she hit another cart that was on the same track. :D
    Tala
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    Neoma said:

This deathsight I think is hilarious /Chassity was ejected from a miner's cart at breakneck speeds. / Apparently she hit another cart that was on the same track. :D

TalaReaveNeoma
  • having spent the past few minutes discussing Zima's alcohol exploits...
    Seemingly bemused, you say to Zima, "Just don't, like, neglect your other training, okay?"
    Zima says to you, "Never, Lieutenant! I am working very hound with beating my hard into shape!"
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    IesidTetchtaReaveRhine
  • keep encouraging
    Sryaen said:

You huff.

best part

SryaenReaveValorie
  • edited October 2021
    Aeryx emerging from the pod with crumbs in his beard

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    AyastiaIesidReaveTetchtaAlela
    I'm just glad Bamathis isn't the only one with Aeryx on his mind.
    edited October 2021
    I misprobed the mob I was talking to becuase there were to mobs with the "vampire" identity in the same room and the topmost one is a little girl, but the one I wanted to talk to is a man.
    You have emoted: Looking up from one of the cases after Taj leaves, Tetchta wanders over to a tall, dark-haired
    vampire. "You're that girl who sells flowers around here, aye?" He asks conversationally.

This Human man is rather clearly a vampire, making no efforts to conceal his pale skin or fangs. His clothes are
    well-tailored but simple and a single skeleton flower has been tucked into the man's front pocket on his coat. The
    basket in his hands is laden with a wide assortment of creepy-looking, odd-smelling flowers, the notable scent of
    corpses and death overpowering the other scents. His hair is dark and short, his eyes a startling shade of blue.
    A tall, dark-haired vampire looks weak and feeble.
    He carries over ten weeks of survival experience.

A tall, dark-haired vampire ponders your profile, deep in consideration.

You say, "Oh. You're a man. Goodness, damn these eyes."

You tap your nose knowingly.

Slowly, a tall, dark-haired vampire says, "Might need those checked."

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

You say to a tall, dark-haired vampire, "They don't recruit us for our eyes or brains. They say ''ey, go smash that
    blur over there.'"

Grinning, a tall, dark-haired vampire says, "Fair enough."

GalileiReaveAlelaValorieElene
    (Tells): "((I just had an idea completely unrelated to everything lately that will probably make you lol.))" you tell Kalena.
    (Tells): Her voice laden with crackling fire, Kalena whispers warmly to you, "// What's up?"
    (Tells): "((I was thinking its kinda generic we call our city points city points...we should have a name for them like Duiran does with acorns. So my initial idea was 'Beacon Bits'...because...Bacon Bits...))" you tell Kalena.
    (Tells): Her voice laden with crackling fire, Kalena whispers warmly to you, "// OMG. ROFL!"
    (Tells): "((Buwahahaha))" you tell Kalena.
    DamonicusReaveAyastia
  • (Carnifex): Alela says, "So, I miss anything noteworthy in the last... half day or so?"

(Carnifex): Veris says, "Just a huge fire where we've all perished and rose again."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "Uh... okay."

(Carnifex): Tetchta says, "The Templars want to engage in an arranged marriage with our officers to mend the centuries of strife and Mjoll said yes. So start picking your spouses."

(Carnifex): Taj says, "..Pardon?"

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, from Albedos, "I choose DEATH."

(Carnifex): Veris says, "No one is more strapping than DEATH."

(Carnifex): Tetchta says, "You're undead, that's no escape!"

(Carnifex): Alela says, "I... uh..."

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "Yeah I tried that already, can I skip that?"

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, from Albedos, "Shit."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, from Albedos, "HA!"

(Carnifex): Bamathis says, "To mend the centuries of strife? I had thought better of you, Keep..I shall have to rethink everything."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, from Albedos, "AHAHAHAHAHAHA."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, from Albedos, "Oh no."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, from Albedos, "I'm going through a wall, I can feel it."

(Carnifex): Veris says, "Warlord! The strife would just be beginning with the inter-martial problems we would face!"

(Carnifex): You say, "I promise You, Warlord, there is nothing that causes more Strife than marriage."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "Ha!"

(Carnifex): Alela says, "Also, nicely done, Reaper."

(Carnifex): Bamathis says, "Ah, too right you are. I have commented a few times on the ever-glowing fire that is the strife wrought from a marriage for most mortals."

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "Again, been there, done that. Can I skip it this time?"

(Carnifex): Bamathis says, "You are not an officer in the Keep that I am aware of, I believe you are spared. If you would enjoy Strife in other forms, My Legion is always available to you."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "I'm not interested in marrying any of the Templar as I'm pretty certain I wouldn't find any of them... satisfying. I'll marry the Commander, though, if she likes."

(Carnifex): Kanivara says, "I am already married."

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "Oh You are right, Warlord. Out on
    technicality! Nice."

(Carnifex): Bamathis says, "It is my understanding that mortals may marry multiple times. You are not spared, Rabbit."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "You are not prepared for me,
    Lieutenant."

(Carnifex): Taj says, "Wait, I am not an Officer either."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "You know that's not true, Commander."

(Carnifex): Kanivara says, "My relationship with Nantafiria allows for play, not multiple spouses."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "Oh look, cultists to kill."

(Carnifex): Bamathis says, "I-- Father above, Rabbit, there are some things that I do not wish to learn."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "AHAHAHAHAHAHA."

(Carnifex): Veris says, "The Commander is a handful, LT. I should know as her daughter! My poor Father."

(Carnifex): Kanivara says, "A warning then: stay out of my bedroom."

(Carnifex): Zima says, "Ah, my many joys of being unmarried. All work, and also all play."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "Allow me to remind You, Warlord, of the meaning of dookie..."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "Or don't. That's Your prerogative."

(Carnifex): Tetchta says, "I hate it here."

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "I wish I was too young for this conversation."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "We've really taken a weird turn."

(Carnifex): Veris says, "Lord Mesis started it, blame him!"

(Carnifex): Alela says, "You do not, Lord Mesis. You literally started this, anyways."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "Lord Mesis is BLAMELESS. HOW DARE."

(Carnifex): Tetchta says, "I always underestimate my power, to
    my own dismay."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "Oh, he took credit. ITS HIS FAULT."

(Carnifex): Bamathis says, "Which of you will be marrying the Pentarch? She sends me gifts of rotting meat pies, I imagine this is some custom her people see as friendly."

(Carnifex): Zima says, "That would be Ser Taj, Warlord."

(Carnifex): Taj says, "What?"

(Carnifex): Desidora says, "Snrk."

(Carnifex): Tetchta says, "I already have a redhead in my life, don't need another."

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "The bugs are getting bigger in Luzith's lair."

(Carnifex): Alela says, "Bigger? And more fetching, I daresay?"

(Carnifex): Mjoll says, "They've learned to dance. It's the strangest thing."
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    TetchtaIesidGalileiTeaniEleneMjollAlelaNipsy
  • I see the things we converse about in our guild channels differ greatly...

*after bashing in Terryson faces repeatedly*

(Archivists): Toz says, "You must greatly dislike spiders."

(Archivists): You say, "I do."

(Archivists): You say, "But I am helping to make them rise to their potential."

(Archivists): Toz says, "Potential as corpses?"

(Archivists): You say, "The deader they get, the more Terrysons will try to be the next Terry. Right?"

(Archivists): Toz says, "You might well be onto something. Exponential arachnid aspirations- you may dispatch the brood seeking to become Arthurs, and whatever else this current batch is named."

(Archivists): You say, "Austins."

(Archivists): Toz says, "I killed Arthur the other week, in fact."

(Archivists): You say, "And now this one is called Granville."

(Archivists): You say, "They're getting very refined."

(Archivists): Toz says, "Perhaps they ought to aspire to something else."

(Archivists): Toz says, "'Elenesons' next time."

(Archivists): You say, "That would imply..."

(Archivists): You say, "That I would be mating with a tarantula."

(Archivists): Toz says, "Perhaps it is not literal, but a statement of purpose instead."

At least @Toz clarified.
    SaidennXaspherTetchtaReaveTeaniAlelaIesidBulrok
  • Elene said:

i'm sorry, is this really that unlikely, oh mother of mine???
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    DamonicusNipsy
  • Alela said:

i'm sorry, is this really that unlikely, oh mother of mine???

We now know who Alela's dad is. 

Daddy Longlegs.

EleneNipsyWjoltyrGalileiZeheiaAlelaSryaenArath
    Don't have any Templar logs to prove it but some recent examples of Templar speak involved Ayastia continuing to hate on my character because he has blonde hair and then me mentioning all the people trying to braid it lately from Enorian and threatening to let them do it so I could thwap her with it. Then there was something threatening about shears and then it spiraled out of control with mentions of dates and him having to dye it purple to go out with her. All with our beloved Pentarch egging it on.

Aetolia is a mad house.
    Ayastia
  • Aeryx said:
    Don't have any Templar logs to prove it but some recent examples of Templar speak involved Ayastia continuing to hate on my character because he has blonde hair and then me mentioning all the people trying to braid it lately from Enorian and threatening to let them do it so I could thwap her with it. Then there was something threatening about shears and then it spiraled out of control with mentions of dates and him having to dye it purple to go out with her. All with our beloved Pentarch egging it on.

Aetolia is a mad house.
    Hey, don't put that on me! You mentioned the blonde this time! And to think, it started with Horkvali porn poems 
    Aeryx
  • (Bloodloch): Tina says, "I'd concur that the thronekeepers need an understanding of the guild they are elected from, and bring different viewpoints. That they are an exemplar I think is more important to the guild than the city. The city should elect from the guild the person they think will make the city strongest for the Throne. Or at least strongest from those who are contesting for the Throne. If we really wanted to push for the best example from each guild should be in the throne, than the guildmasters of each guild should automatically get the thrones. As surely the guilds amongst themselves elect the most exemplar member to lead them."

(Bloodloch): Tetchta says, "You hear that, Mjoll? You're back up.
    "
    (Bloodloch): You say, "REsigning."

(Bloodloch): You say, "Retiring."

(Bloodloch): You say, "Bury me in the tundra."

(Bloodloch): Alela says, "Farewell, Commander. It was an honor
    serving."

(Bloodloch): Bamathis says, "Denied."

(Bloodloch): You say, "Shit."

(Bloodloch): Tetchta says, from Sapience, "Snrk."

(Bloodloch): Zima says, from Sapience, "HAH."

(Bloodloch): Alela says, from Sapience, "HA!"
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    ReaveTetchtaDamonicusRhineEleneTeaniTalamhIesidHolbrook
  • turkey power
    Lin