New show, the successor to the podcast

AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
So, I've been thinking about this for the last few weeks. I know some of you are going to groan and say, but Aeryx you big dummy, your last attempt at the podcast wasn't that great and was only great because of the other people, Aloli chief among them, and I would say yes, you are correct.

I do think we learned a lot of positive things from the podcast though. I think overall it was a success and we had a lot of great episodes. Also still not opposed to Aloli continuing to do her Midnight Press if she ever gets time and still wants to.

My new idea is not really a podcast, its going to be more of a Show. I've went ahead and made a Twitch account separate from my own main one, which we would be using for said show.

It would be a live stream, however, I also can use the Ankyrean Archives Youtube account I made for the podcast(mostly for the gmail at the time), and use it as a real Archives like in the name, and upload the recordings of the live streams on said Youtube account for people to catch later. Also know how and can if its desired rip the audio out of the recording and still make a podcast feed.

What would this be called, and what would it be about, you ask?

I would be using a name that some other people shot down when we were trying to figure out what to call the podcast, because I like it. The Weekly Milestone.

I've already spent time making the scenes and layouts in OBS for this. I've done the best I can with what art/technical skills I have, and I think it looks alright. One thing I'd be wanting to do as we go along, for anyone who is interested or has the copies, is to put up previous or future Artisanal Contributions up as a slideshow for the Starting Soon or BRB scenes, and so forth.

I'm completely willing and ready to be on webcam for this, that's part of the fun. Any guests or people who want to come on can too as well, or they can choose not to. I've already got it setup to have a spectralizer graph for someone's voice if they just want to do voice with me on the show.

The show will have certain set segments, and then of course it will just have times where we talk about whatever we want to talk about. I'd also like to do credit giveaways either just for people sticking it out until the end of the show, or as we go along, we could do some Aetolia trivia. I can even make it different prizes, perhaps you'd like gold equivalent, etc.

Any donations would be split in half for buying upgrades for the show(better camera, better mic, etc) and also for the credit giveaways, with the initial giveaways being funded by myself until either I can fund it with donations or the Pools decide to help us out with it.

I'd really like this to be about fun every week, while having some sort of consistent thing to look forward to as well. A lot of my immediate contacts/friends from Aetolia are obviously from my tether, so I would really need Shadow to help me out here again. I don't want this to be a show just about Spirit or whatever.

I would also be streaming my Mudlet client during the show as the background, in case we want to show anything inparticular we're talking about in the game, and so forth. Would take the necessary precautions of having tells off, all channels off, etc etc. I think it could be a good teaching tool though.

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, please post them in the thread. If anyone thinks this should be a Monthly Milestone, post it(I have had this thought too). I just think it'd be way easier on Twitch to make my own content and fun if things are slow in Aetolia than in just a voice podcast format. Chat interaction is super important.

As I wrote in the other OOC thread, I will be moving back home across country, driving by myself this time(and the first time), starting June 30th, so I will be a bit tired after that to do the first show on July 3rd/4th, so that's probably a no go. More likely to be able to do the first one the following week.

That's all, I guess. Maybe noone has any interest in this, maybe they have more interest than the podcast had, I dunno. Lets see what happens!
Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
SryaenCallidoraAyastia

Comments

• AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Here's an update on this since it's been about a month now. @Sryaen has expressed interest in being on the show with me. Not sure if its once, or every time, or whatever. The nature of this show will be such that it is pretty much loosey goosey in that regard. There may be weeks it's just me, weeks its not, etc. Anyways, I believe he and I have decided upon this Saturday, July 17th at a yet as undecided time. Due to his stated time constraints, it's looking like around noon PST/3pm EST though. I will post the Twitch account/address in this thread about 15 minutes before we're starting so people can come in ahead of time if they want, I will also be posting it in #streaming in the official Aetolia Discord.

Due to me moving across country and getting re-acclimated to life own my own and so forth, I haven't gotten time to make up any Aetolia trivia yet like I want, but I think there will be a 50 credit giveaway to random viewer at the end of the stream, though. So, pin it to your calendar, make some time for it, come in and say hello, and talk with us a bit. Chat interaction will be what makes this different than the podcast...and well, the webcams I guess. Haha. Hope to see you all there!

PS: I'm taking this very seriously and even going and getting a haircut sometime this week! Egads!
    ValorieSaltz
    Alright, we're live. Going to have the starting soon screen and music up for about 15 mins until some people come in!

Saltz
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Good start to the Twitch stream, show, etc.

It'll be interesting to see how it develops in the future.

Aeryx
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Great effort so far, and it's fun to see someone foster more of a sense of community in Aetolia. I think you could benefit from having a plan, of sorts, topics to shift to to avoid dead air on the stream (this can be lethal to shows of this format), but apart from that, I'd definitely watch the next one.
    AeryxXavinSryaenTetchtaXenia
    First off, thanks to everyone in the thread here and in general for the positive feedback. We will try to do better and better as we go along. The VOD is on Twitch on the channel obviously, but I don't think VODs on Twitch are permanent, and also if they get DMCA's the audio could be silenced or the file could be deleted, etc, so I went ahead and finally got it uploaded to Youtube after some editing and encoding to take out the music part at the beginning. So here's the link to the Youtube version of the episode today, and you can find the Ankyrean Archives channel there too, if you want to subscribe to it and so forth. I will post this Youtube video to the #media channel in official Aetolia discord as well. Thanks!

AlmolXenia
  • If you ever need someone to go off about crafting for a million years you lemme know XD
    AeryxSryaen
  • As I said in Twitch chat, I'm willing to pop in for a shadow perspective - both as player and leader. Just lemme know!
    AeryxSryaen
  • You guys had a good first episode, it was fun listening and you got the viewer engagement down perfectly. I'll be doing my best to tune in next week.

Aeryx
  • I did just finish watching the whole 2 hours worth of the stream. I will agree that it will be beneficial to have some sort of plan of what to talk about on the stream, and how long you guys plan to stream for. Will help angle conversation and discussion about stuff more productively, but overall, I did enjoy it.

Our timezones would be hell to match up, and I can only do weekends, or I would have considered offering my bit to the stream! 

What are you guys intending to discuss for the next stream?
    Aeryx
    @Elene You're always welcome to come on whenever you wish. Me and @Sryaen have not talked about next week yet, but I'm sure we will sometime soon. @Rasani you are also welcome to come on whenever you want. @Saidenn too! Anyone can come on and we'll have fun!

I also wanted to take this time to mention how I'm already learning a bit more and improving...I did not know until @Zortania told me that you can directly upload the Twitch vods from Twitch itself to Youtube without having to download it, etc. The main reason I did it this way this time was to cut out the first 14 minutes of music. However, the VOD already mutes that and so forth. I think I like still having the starting soon and music, so what I'm gonna do for next week is use this Twitch to Youtube method, but I'm going to use royalty free music, and I'm going to change the follow notification(it currently also uses copyrighted music), and so on. Doing it this way also makes the video quality better, because it looks worse having to reencode it and so forth like I had to this time onto Youtube. Basically it keeps the same quality as the live stream had.

Anyways, we'll get better as we go along.
  • Elene said:

I did just finish watching the whole 2 hours worth of the stream. I will agree that it will be beneficial to have some sort of plan of what to talk about on the stream, and how long you guys plan to stream for. Will help angle conversation and discussion about stuff more productively, but overall, I did enjoy it.

Our timezones would be hell to match up, and I can only do weekends, or I would have considered offering my bit to the stream! 

What are you guys intending to discuss for the next stream?
    I agree with all of this. I had a few things in mind to talk about, but we sorta quickly trailed off onto other things and there was a fair amount of dead air, some topics didn't flow really well, so it'll be up to us to come up with a schedule each week. And while I don't mind going for 2 1/2 hours if the conversation is there, I think what would also be beneficial is adding links to parts of the video that let people skip to various parts without having to sit through the entire thing and wondering what topics are going to be discussed. Not sure how difficult this would be on the editing end, because it'll probably be Aeryx compiling all that stuff once the livestream is over, but I think it would be handy for people to go back and watch episodes and skip to where they want to go.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    Aeryx
  • You guys got me through work this morning, looking forward to more!
    Aeryx
  • That was really enjoyable to listen to! Well done. 
    Aeryx
    edited July 2021
    Updates for this week, we will be doing another one, and likely sticking to the same schedule of Noon PST/3PM EST on Saturday. Topics have been put forth on our Discord server, and @Sryaen and I have decided on about four so far, with touching on several specific thoughts/ideas on each. Amongst these topics will be Bashing Areas and Auctions, two rather, hot button topics on the forums this week.

If anyone else would like to commit to coming on, let me know on Discord or DM on the Forums or message me in Aetolia.

While I love my playlist for the intro music, and the music I used for the follow notification, I think I'm gonna start using royalty free music instead, so we don't get muted on the VODs, and so I don't have to rip the music out of the videos and then reencode it before the upload. So that stuff will change a bit before we go live on Saturday. As always, I will also post it here when we go live, and on the #streaming channel in Aetolia Discord.

Lastly, I thought I was going to have to do away with the credit giveaway for the week, actually due to the Auction, but I got outbid on the one thing I wanted amongst the credit wares, so, yeah, we're good. Mulling over maybe giving credits away to multiple people, like splitting the value up, but I'm not sure. Maybe for the following stream.
    Saltz
    We're live for this week, and starting at the top of the hour. And royalty free music and notifications this time, so no more muted VODs after! Yay!

VOD is up on the Twitch channel, you can see it above, or go here:

Youtube VOD is currently processing and will be ready when its ready at
    Saltz
  • edited July 2021
    Finally managed to listen to this whole thing! I feel that there was less awkward silence and empty space during this second stream, and it was enjoyable to sit and relate to the discussion over several things, auctions, lore, conflict, mechanical stakes, org revitalization and what-have-you. Lots of exchanges over perceptions of problems, and solutions presented to hopefully alleviate some of them.
    If you're taking suggestions on topics to talk about for the next session or so, what do you think about potentially touching on classleads, since that's the next thing that will close in the next few days. We can talk about controversial reports, and reports that you think might go through, how it would change combat on a 1v1 or a group scale etc.
    I know @Damonicus has also raised a suggestion of having guild vs guild discussions. Is that something interesting enough to delve into, come next session?  Any unique practices or things that a guild does that you've always loved? What about overarching city identities, the difficulties of pushing that, and any way you believe we can each contribute to refining it?
    What about a conversation (though I think we probably have already talked upon it in some form or another), on the Cult of K, how it started, how it developed, and where it currently is, e.g any speculations as to what else you think would develop from it, what is the end goal it is leading to.
    I think there was also a comment on the stream, about having someone come up to talk about crafting stuff. What are we looking to talk more about stuff along these lines? We can probably consider talking about niche shops, or RP-creative shops as part of the discussion. I think it'll be a nice little delve/feature for people who has these kinds of niche shops, like Iesid's tavern etc.
    GalileiAlmolAeryx
  • I could show up as a guest for the classlead episode if stars align. (Technical stuff working as intended/me being awake at 3 am etc)
    AeryxElene
  • Could also get opposing guild or order leaders/members on to discuss ways to bring more to each others guilds in a fun and productive way.  

AeryxElene
    Love all 3 of these posts. We will be discussing all of these things throughout the week and see what we end up doing for next Saturday.

Also, as an aside, I think it would be interesting for me at some point to have 2-4 other people on and me not be talking or webcamming and just running it. Producer mode as it were. Another possibility for the future.
    Damonicus
    We have about 8 topics lined up for this week, should be a big one. Come join us, we're live!

edited August 2021
    As always, here's this week's Youtube link. Twitch VOD is on the Twitch channel on Videos tab.

Dourif
    We are live for this week! Come hang out! We have @Alela this week, and @Sryaen will be late but also be here!

So this week's stream has concluded, and I felt like it was really awesome. I feel like we are getting better at this as we go along. Thank you to everyone for the continued support, we are up to 26 followers now at the time of this post. Not sure what the lineup will be yet for next week but I'm trying to have @Rasani on along with our usual cast, and hopefully @Alela again if she wants. We may have @Phoenecia on too to add to the discussion with crafting we may do with her and Rasani. I told Phoenecia I thought it'd be fascinating to hear her and Rasani both talk about the old Ankyrean Smith/Forging contest that happened back in the day as they were both participants in it, and I know a lot of newer people may not know about it.

We're also at a point where since we're not Affiliate or Partner yet, our Twitch VODs will start disappearing automatically after a certain amount of time. This is why I have been uploading them to a Youtube channel as well. If you want to see the Youtube Channel, it's called Ankyrean Archives and is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG9e9StBeOxrqqP4TsmawJg and as of the writing of this post, the newest episode is still uploading/processing and should be on there later tonight.

Note, if you are like thinking 'what is with the weird youtube channel link', we can't have a custom url until we have 100 subscribers on Youtube. It's just the way it is.

Anyways, keep checking out the VODs on Twitch if you wanna, but know that if we're missing episodes on Twitch, they're all going to be on the Youtube as well.

Feel free to keep sending in your feedback in this thread or in messages to me or the others, it does mean a lot to us. I also apologize if you don't feel like we're taking your feedback into consideration, but we do always read it. Just please keep it coming!

See you all in game!
  • edited August 2021
    Some constructive feedback:

- Perhaps try to keep the podcast running to a certain amount of hours? I feel like the magic of having a twitch stream is that you also get to have viewers pitch in their opinions and ask questions while you guys are talking about topics, but it very quickly loses steam when people have to quit and do other things. So setting aside 2 hours perhaps, might help keep that feeling going.

- This round still had its fun moments to listen to, but the whole atmosphere felt like things were a little more negatively discussed than usual. There were some efforts to keep it a constructive discussion, but I personally feel there wasn't a lot of productive, back-and-forth content discussion or positive feedback, really.

- The discussion on Orders could use more in-depth exploration, I think. I felt like there was so much subjectivity, and not enough objectivity on what and how they actually are! Religion is such a personal thing, of course any progress in them isn't down to merit, but to the Divine themselves.

- Not enough justice was given to the discussion on shops! We should have a larger segment on them, and I think it might be fun to do showcases of unique shops that we probably have all been missing out on.

Aeryx
  • Elene said:

Some constructive feedback:

- Perhaps try to keep the podcast running to a certain amount of hours? I feel like the magic of having a twitch stream is that you also get to have viewers pitch in their opinions and ask questions while you guys are talking about topics, but it very quickly loses steam when people have to quit and do other things. So setting aside 2 hours perhaps, might help keep that feeling going.

- This round still had its fun moments to listen to, but the whole atmosphere felt like things were a little more negatively discussed than usual. There were some efforts to keep it a constructive discussion, but I personally feel there wasn't a lot of productive, back-and-forth content discussion or positive feedback, really.

- The discussion on Orders could use more in-depth exploration, I think. I felt like there was so much subjectivity, and not enough objectivity on what and how they actually are! Religion is such a personal thing, of course any progress in them isn't down to merit, but to the Divine themselves.

- Not enough justice was given to the discussion on shops! We should have a larger segment on them, and I think it might be fun to do showcases of unique shops that we probably have all been missing out on.

While I definitely tried not to be too negative, we definitely were more focused on controversial happenings. Sorry about that.

Not gonna argue anything, but I do wanna say with regard to the shop discussion - it was probably just the wrong group. Both Sryaen and I clearly don't find much joy in shopkeeping, and so neither of us has engaged with it very deeply. That's entirely about our interests rather than anything to do with shopkeeping itself, though. I hope the discussion can maybe be revisited by Phoenecia and Rasani, both of whom have focused a lot of their energy in Aetolia into their shops.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Aeryx
    We are live in the starting soon screen for the week. This week will be mostly Rasani and Phoenecia with the crafting talk, and we get into the Letter the community sent to Iron Realms! I'm feeling under the weather, and I will explain a bit near the beginning, but I will mostly be silent for this one.

Youtube copy of the show for this week. Was a lot of fun!

• I dunno why I'm nitpicking over this so hard, but just to throw out there, Keroc was always part time. When he stepped away from combat he didn't step away from a full time job, he stepped away from combat. Tiur is the *only* full time paid staff member Aetolia has, Keroc and Razmael are both part time.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    EliadonAeryxCallidoraIazamatWjoltyr