What is wrong with the following ZMUD trigger lines?

Hey, this is for ZMUD and worked up until I went from lvl 17 to lvl 18.  At that point all three lines from my score stopped updating from their respective triggers.  Not sure how to resolve this as from what I can tell, nothing in the line seems to have changed...

Target Line:
| Race:   Atavian           | Health:  1128/1128  | Endurance: 4540/4540     |

Pattern:
[code]
^| Race:   Atavian           | Health:  %1/%2    | Endurance: %3/%4     |$
[/code]

Target Line:
| Sex:    Male              | Mana:    878/912    | Willpower: 3460/3460     |

Pattern:
[code]
^| Sex:    Male              | Mana:    %1/%2    | Willpower: %3/%4     |$
[/code]

Target Line:
| Spirited (18)                         | 5.39% (2968/55000)                 |

Pattern:
[code]
^| (%w) ~((%d)~)                           | (%d)~.(%d)~% ~((%d)~/(%d)~)               |$
[/code]

Best Answer

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Accepted Answer
    Your wildcards are wrong.
    %1 %2 etc are only used in the -value-, to denote which wildcard you're specifying.  For this example:

| Race:   Atavian           | Health:  1128/1128  | Endurance: 4540/4540     |

You would need %d for the numbers (I don't know the difference in %n and %d, I was just told to use %d).  Additionally, the wildcard alone just specifies HEY THERE'S A NUMBER HERE - you need parentheses around it to say hey there's a number here AND YOU NEED TO REMEMBER IT.  The spacing issue I don't BELIEVE should stop it from firing, but it'll certainly make your trigger more precise.  So, in the end, your trigger should look like this:

^|%sRace:%sAtavian%s|%sHealth:%s(%d)/(%d)%s|%sEndurance:(%d)/(%d)%s|$

Then, you'd do #VAR HEALTH %1 because you want the health variable set as the first wildcard.  Then #VAR MAXENDURANCE %4 for your total endurance, since that's the forth wildcard.

Tell me if any of that didn't make sense.

Answers

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It's a spacing issue, most likely... it's been a long time since I looked at zMUD, but look in the help for, I believe, %s - you need something to define 'unspecificied blank space'.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."