Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• HELPEDIT but for ABs.
    BulrokBenedictoSeurimasLinMjollValorieAlelaHavenTetchta
  • Czcibor said:

HELPEDIT but for ABs.

We'd get all the old Aetolian times cleaned up in a week. I'll take all of AB MODIFICATIONS.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Didi
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Czcibor said:

HELPEDIT but for ABs.

Typo them. I am allllll over typos, and abedits are super quick fixes. Even if they're not strictly typos.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    MjollDrystinValorie
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Zeheia said:

Czcibor said:

HELPEDIT but for ABs.

Typo them. I am allllll over typos, and abedits are super quick fixes. Even if they're not strictly typos.
    Can we add information to them?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Haven said:

Zeheia said:

Czcibor said:

HELPEDIT but for ABs.

Can we add information to them?
    Within reason. Any I'm uncertain of will be verified through Someone Else before I make them live.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Would it be possible to add to cooking designs an ability to do custom NIBBLE lines? I'd love to be able to specify that when someone does NIBBLE on like a pizza, they're only eating a single slice of it, or something like that. I ask because I remember the fiasco involving fireplaces resulting in a new lit fireplace line being added to -that- design.
    Maira
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees

REACTION CONDITION
    - Add a qualifying condition to one of the denizens's existing reactions.
    - Denizens can act based on the following conditions:
    * MEMBER OF - player is a member of the provided org
    * MEMBER OF RANK Y / Y+ / Y- - player is a member of the provided org at a rank of Y / Y
    or more / Y or less.
    * NOTMEMBER OF - player is not a member of the provided org
    * ORGENEMY - player is an enemy of the organisation. Includes unwanted status.
    * ENEMY - player is an enemy of the mob's owner
    * ALLY - player is an ally of the mob's owner

So, I've been living under a rock and literally just discovered the reaction system - love it.

HOWEVER, could we add the ability to respond to specific players with this? I would love for my denizens to respond to individuals she knows in specific ways. I can sorta hack this by using a family clan position structure, but that will only get me so far.
    BenedictoAloli
  • I don't think this idea is worth an entire thread, so I will post here. After coming back to the game, one thing I wonder about is why new racial skills have never been added to endgame racial skill choices. If I recall correctly, Grecht was the first new race added after the endgame racial skill system was put into place, and since then, up to as recently as December with the Djeirani race, we have never had access to these new racial skills. Is there a reason for this? With all the ideas of how to use haven points floating around, this seems like an obvious way to spend them. Personally, I would really like to get my hands on those last two Kobold skills.
    Archelaus
  • Check report 2953 in game where this was basically asked for and the decision was:
    2021/02/05 20:03:23
    Everyone can't have everything as it's bad for long term planning. Any solution would require a
    redoing of endgame, which we're not prepared for at this time. I would consider this if there was a
    ceiling for raceskill acquisition.
    Maldoror
  • ArchelausArchelaus Alaska
    edited March 2021
    I was pretty bummed by that decision. Not even really sure what is meant by 'Everyone can't have everything', because you can buy all the skills of some races while others have skills that are only available to them. It'd be one thing if every race had exclusive skills, but as it is now favors some races over others.
    [Insert annoying gif here]
    Maldoror
  • Thank you @Stine, I realized I could not possibly be the only person who wondered about this. At least I know the official reason now. Still, the solution seems so obvious that it is in that report you quoted: simply have a cap for endgame skills. That would be so much better than leaving it in the current state that @Archelaus mentioned where you can get some race skills and not others. Every time a new race comes out, each endgame player would be given a free reset. To reset race skills otherwise, you would need to use the artifact that bumps you back down to Tekal (or a new artifact). I am not an expert, but it does not sound like a difficult change to make.
  • When Djeirani were released they gave people a few weeks to change heritage into it. That's probably how they'll handle it in the future.

• edited April 2021
    A TALLY command, that could be used to easily credit or debit a player specific score, similar to projects in many cities tracking points for rewards.

I.e.
    TALLY CREATE <org> <name> - Creates a new tally
    TALLY <tally id> GIVE <whoever> <earned points> [reason]
    TALLY <tally id> TAKE <whoever> <spent or lost points> [reason]
    TALLY <tally id> LOG [SUMMARY], to see either all recent debits/credits or all players' current totals
    TALLY <tally id> CLEAR, to empty the values for all players. Could be disabled by default and only enabled on empty tallies.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    LinValorieRhineTetchta
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I actually have half a system coded for that, and it fell before the scythe. I thought "Meh, they won't use it."
    Seurimas
  • Small idea, allow shifters to wear leather armor when unmutated (since classless already get to).

Being in normal form is like being classless for those who only have shifter class and nothing else.
  • Stigandr said:

Small idea, allow shifters to wear leather armor when unmutated (since classless already get to).

Being in normal form is like being classless for those who only have shifter class and nothing else.

You should already be able to wear up to scale(?) while reverted, as long as you don't actually have a class you're reverting back into.

Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    SaybreRihrinArath
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    We should finally shut down the refugee camp! It's literally three shops owned by Elorin, and Meltas selling like 7 things.
    BenedictoRhineTeaniNonateaSryaen
  • inb4 an admin posts "Refugee camp?????"
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    RhineAlelaXavinTetchta
  • all the shopping
    Alela
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm not really a fan of taking away content.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Archelaus
  • I'd rather see stuff added to the refugee camp or have the area revamped! Maybe a wandering pack of orcs turns it into a vibrant village or some eccentric sorcerer sets up shop there... the possibilities are endless.
    [Insert annoying gif here]
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Haven said:

like 90% of Aet's areas are unused content, I don't really see the harm. But I also don't know why folk wanna get rid of it either.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Tetchta said:

Haven said:

like 90% of Aet's areas are unused content, I don't really see the harm. But I also don't know why folk wanna get rid of it either.
    Explorer ranking might increase :(
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I'm...confused? Can't you...just visit there? Or am I missing something? Explain to me like I'm a himbo

• There are rooms in the refugee camp that are still connected to prime yet are unable to be explored. There's multiple examples of this around the game, usually having to do with events, but in this case the shops that default on taxes are still there somewhere just not able to be gotten into and likewise to burrow into the stockrooms. 
    TetchtaLin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Revamping the refugee camp might actually solve the issue with explorer rankings, as someone will have to go through it all and fix everything. Removing areas tend to leave more rooms disconnected, but still counting because of some flag or another not being removed properly.
    Then a new area opens up, and you get super happy because you might get a milestone for seeing a new room (that's not common for me!), only to realize they've reused rooms you've already seen and forgot to remove properly. :frowning:

• AxiusAxius where I am
    The room credits was a fantastic change. I especially love that I can use platinum credits for it. Could we get it so that I'm not exchanging 20 (60 for me today) platinum keystones one at a time, but instead we can do MILESTONE BUY X ROOMCREDITS at once?
    Gavramel
  • Add Lesser taps to the game feed, like you see on the official discord. The official discord should also get an @Lesser role (or similar broader role for all foci) you could opt into and get pinged when a lesser pops.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Not sure if it's been suggested before, but an artifact or iron coin item that doubles -- or at least extends -- the length of time auras from ylem orbs lasts for.