GOOD THINGS IN LIFE

We have a topic for the sad things happening in life, but nothing for the good! That is definitely unhealthy! So let's share our accomplishments (Maybe we have this already. I dunno! I go to the same threads over and over!)
TetchtaValorieBraxSeurimasTeotlKjell

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Oh I'm into this. I switched medications back in April or whatever and it was an extremely rough transition, but I'm much happier and doing a lot better on this particular set of stuff. My career has been doin alright too, and I've made a lot of strides in things that were previously giving me a lot of trouble. Also my kid is 90% potty trained. And I just ate a salad.

I also found a beard/face care routine that ended what was essentially years of not being able to grow any pronounced facial hair due to rashiness and skin buildup, and it's made my life a ton better. Oh and I lost four pounds on vacation just from swimming! Oh and I have a RTX 3090 that I got below the market cost, which means the glass in Control is Actually Reflective! Most of my plants I planted outside in pots didn't die!

Gosh I have a lot of great stuff going on atm that it's literally hard to write it all.

Anyway this thread idea is Good.

AyastiaValorieGavramelKonnornBraxSeurimasQelresMatiKjell
  • Zeheia said:

A fairly new friend sent me a care package from Australia and it's full of All The Snacks I Can't Get Here.

Bliss.

Sometimes it's the little things that make things so much better!
    SeurimasTeotl
  • I'm really sorry to hear about what happened but I am happy for the fresh start you got from it. I hope it becomes everything you could want!
    BraxKonnornTeotl
  • Good things. Okay yes. Um.
    My friend's child took me on a virtual tour of a giant blanket home they made. And it had a 'open air' courtyard. And a trampoline (the small kind for kiddos). With different spots for different seated height needs. And that gave me so much hope for the compassion of the next gen.

And someone is funding some gender affirming stuff for me and even just knowing that that is coming in the mail is a huge relief <3

QelresLinAyastiaValorieKonnornTeaniZeheiaKjell
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    My company added Texas to their list of approved states for WFH agents. I get to keep my great, high-paying job and go back to be near my friends and family!
    AyastiaValorieTeotlTeaniIesidRhineSibattiKjell
  • Teotl said:
    And someone is funding some gender affirming stuff for me and even just knowing that that is coming in the mail is a huge relief <3
    I am so happy to hear you are getting that kind of support! 
    Teotl
  • I am finally starting to feel like things are coming together. I have made it through three semesters without dropping a class, AND making much better grades. I got a new job that is physically kicking my ass in a good way - It is grueling but I actually feel SO much better. I just had oral surgery to fix a lot of teeth problems, and it means I can be so much less self-conscious about my smile.

In two weeks, I am moving me and the girls into a house we are renting. I am majorly stressing over finances until we get settled, but I did it! Took a year and a half, but this house is SO CUTE. I am in love with it and can not wait to move in. Working out childcare for the new job and house has been challenging, but as of tomorrow, that will be settled too!

I still have so much to do. I still have about 2.5 years of school left to sludge through. I have to appeal for financial aid because my completion rate from not having my shit together is affecting it. BUT, I am working on it. So much possibility for good - and bad coming. Excited, terrified, but excited more.
    AyastiaValorieTeotlTeaniSeurimasIesidZeheiaMatiKjell
  • So, I've been learning to draw for "years". Read "years" as "putting in the bare minimum effort every once in a while such that I filled a single sketchbook over about 4 years and not making much progress". Over the past couple months, I have been actually learning to draw. I started to do something every week, just a "class" on the sketchdaily reference site. Then, I picked up a habit of drawing *something* once a day from a helpful Youtube video, and that's turned drawing from a thing I am dreading and unsure of, to something I look forward to. Now I'm going back to some tougher lessons in one of the tutorials I used to work from, which is scary, but I will have my daily art to keep me from just hating the whole process again.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    KonnornTeaniAyastiaTeotlGavramelZeheiaKjell
  • POV: You are Slyphe, tossing sea creatures at your favorite people
    ZeheiaIllikaal
  • Benedicto said:
    It was Albie's third birthday yesterday. Boy loves his presents!
    Oh my god! Such a good boy opening his presents!
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I dunno how out of character this is, but I had a lot of fun with it and it was a 'Good thing in life to me'.

So, like, I've had this couple as best friends in my real life, for man, maybe like 8-9 years now. We met at a local gaming store, through Magic the Gathering, and we have been roommates on two separate occasions. I was at their wedding, we were playing D&D when they were pregnant with their twins, etc, etc. Anyways, I've told them over the years about 'that game I play' in Aetolia from time to time, and they're skeptical as everyone else is that you tell about MUDs.

Anyways, randomly for the first time in his life, my friend decided to connect to Aetolia earlier tonight, while I was on voice chat with him, and made a character. He's never played a MUD in his life, and was playing on Nexus, and I was super distracted for 3 hours straight teaching him how to play the game. We eventually got into a funny little RP at Temple of the Gods with Haley, and then Kalena after. He learned how to use says, how to emote, and how to use say to, already. He made a Troll, and of course, decided he wanted Aeryx to 'take him to the closest bridge' and that's where he logged out for the night. Oh man. I hope he sticks with it, but even if he doesn't, he at least had the one time and it was funny and memorable.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    ValorieWyattSaltzGavramelXaspherAlelaDamonicusAyastiaKjell
  • Benedicto said:

It was Albie's third birthday yesterday. Boy loves his presents!

I could watch three full of hours of your dog being adorable and opening presents and being doted on.
    BenedictoLinAyastiaMazzion
  • @Sarita Congratulations!!!

• @Sarita AAAAAH he's so CUTE!!!
    Benedicto
  • Kjell said:

My husband and I are approved for adopting a little girl!

I am so excited, it is a long dream to have this full family!

My head is thinking in circles from so many feelings! I forget minimum half of all words!

That is so amazing! Congratulations!!
  • I'm currently deployed, providing life support(housing, food, clothing) to Afgan guests in the U.S evacuated from Afghanistan. It's a humbling experience that I won't soon forget.
    AyastiaAeryxReaveTeotlRhineHolbrookEleneWjoltyr
  • Don't want to make a whole post for it - but I'm in Disney Florida all week! If you're around, let me know. Also going to Legoland Wed.

If anyone would like to discuss a drop by on Sat or Sun, let me know. We will stop in Savannah on Saturday and drive back to Charlotte Sunday.
    XavinAyastiaNipsyWjoltyrRhine
  • Rihrin said:
    Don't want to make a whole post for it - but I'm in Disney Florida all week! If you're around, let me know. Also going to Legoland Wed.

If anyone would like to discuss a drop by on Sat or Sun, let me know. We will stop in Savannah on Saturday and drive back to Charlotte Sunday.
    Change here - because of inclement weather we are driving home all of Saturday instead. Still willing to try to swing something if someone is interested.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Finally pulled the trigger on releasing my first fantasy novel. The ebook version went live the other day, and the print versions will be released next week once I get the proofs back. I've been both nervous and excited about it for a long time now, but I'm ultimately happy that it's finally happened. Gotta finish working on the next book now. 
    TozSeurimasTeaniReaveAyastiaXaspherZeheia
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    On Friday, an ex girlfriend of mine, who does not play Aetolia fyi, decided to get ahold of me and ask if I wanted to hang out on Saturday. Kind of last minute, but I decided to accept. I thought it would be healthy for me to take a 24 hour break from Aetolia and unplug a bit, and I was correct in my assumption. It was nice to just calm down and enjoy her company for awhile, and realize that life is more than just a computer game.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    AyastiaObaWjoltyr