Elene Arcan

Back before the forums were revamped, I had a self-affirmation thread that helped me track how Elene grew through her interactions. It's been a few real life years since I've played her (over 6 years, at least), so I've been getting my bearings again and remembering how she used to be. As a result, I've probably initiated over a dozen roleplay opportunities trying to re-attain familiarity with her voice and style.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• She's become a staple though not stable character for Ardent to talk to. The back and forth is always entertaining and the antics they seem to keep getting into are amazingly enjoyable all around. I rather enjoy the random dynamic that's built up and I'm looking forward to seeing how far down the rabbit hole they end up going.
    Elene
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    She's always been someone that's caused a bit of interesting intrigue for Axius. Whether they are nudging her randomly, or they're bantering. Her unique perspective on some of the things of Chakrasul that Axi once considered almost exclusively Iosai domain cause them to take pause and consider new alternatives and thoroughfares through which both the Jade Corruption and the Crimson Malevolence interact with one's personal foundations. And it's always a growing experience for Axi in some small way when they interact with her, and I hope that Axi's in some small part, helping Elene grow in turn.
    Elene
  • Our interactions have been brief but I've always gotten good vibes from Elene. She's always encouraging in her own way and seems to put up with Ephi's antics. From giving her floating cubes when she says she wants one to telling her 'one day' when Ephi states she wants something she can't quite get yet.

P much see her as part of that 'Cool kids club'.
    ArdentEleneDarim
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Can she corrupt it?

• edited May 2020
    @Tetchta

@Ardent - I've said it a lot in my esteems when we interact, but it's rare to find someone who volunteered to explore aspects of roleplay that can normally get too uncomfortable. It's not something I thought I'll delve into, again, but who knew.

@Axius - I think you are probably the first 'Cabalist' face I've spoken to as I was gathering my bearings about Archivists related RP. It has helped springboard a ton of other motivations in that field. I really mean to interact more than just the occasional nudge for kawhe, so look out I suppose!

@Ephi - See above comment for Tetchta. :3 One day!
    AxiusTetchta
  • edited May 2020
    Elene said:

I feel like this really is the direction Elene approaches everything at.

Jokes aside, I have been enjoying the interactions between Elene and Xavin. Elene was someone that Xavin looked up to quite a lot when he was young. He's well aware of the things she is capable of but has been entertaining conversations with her to see where they might go, if not out of a bit of respect. I'm just sorry that I usually end up having to cut out sooner than expected!

Elene
  • Not getting to RP more than once or twice with Elene as Kadal is one of my biggest regrets. Timing just never seemed to work out. So, take it from me, if you see her around track her down and say hello. She's a blast to RP with!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EleneArdent
  • Elene makes Kjell very nervous but also very curious! He has questions he wants to ask but she leaves by the time they get through his head and his mouth might cooperate! I hope some day he can ask them and make sense!
    Elene
  • What can I say. Elene is very scary. As a character she walks a fine line and it's a really interesting one to see! Albeit scary. Very, very scary.

Your writing, though. They way you portray the character is absolutely phenomenal and awe-inspiring. Definitely well played and it draws a person in. I've seen rp logs since the days of Desian and always been very impressed, she's definitely consistent as a character after all these years. I was pretty intimidated to start rping with you and Elene as a character but I've been so pleasantly surprised. Keep trucking!

Elene
  • Elene is a staple in Naos' life, for better or for worse. Their relationship has grown leaps and bounds across all of this time, never stagnant, always moving and evolving. And not always for the better, either. Far too often we can get caught up in the fantasy of what our character's lives should be; we avoid those moments where they have to be susceptible, where they have to feel pain, where they have to hurt and cry and falter - and all of that and more is what I've found roleplaying with you. The realism, the recognition of how cruel life is, and the exploration of those not-so-savory aspects of ever human's nature, all of those are experiences that I have had when roleplaying with you. Logging in every day to continue the story of Naos is a joy for me, and you most certainly play a part in that, always challenging me to dig just that little bit deeper, to stretch just that inch more in my writing.

Obviously I'm a fan. That, or I'm just a little masochistic inside. Either way, I'll definitely be sticking around for more.
    Elene

• Elene has been out and about since the last check-in, starting up new threads of roleplay and establishing interactions with people, both old and new. Tell me what you think about her!
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    our interactions are brief and limited, but every interaction is unique, and always worth a little looking into for more insights to both Axius' and Elene's characters. And Axius takes really good care of the cloak Elene gave them as a wedding present.
    Elene
  • Very good rp bean. Clever, consistent, good at finding the right angle. More please <3
    Elene
  • I don't want to say too much about it on the forum, but I'm having a good time with Elene. The weird little power struggles between her and Alela crack me up. Really, though, it's nice to find someone who allows your character to be complex. I think that's probably the true strength of a great RPer - maintaining space for others to express their characters while still expressing your own - and it's something you exemplify with Elene. 10/10 would recommend.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Elene
  • Since my last check-in (almost a year ago!), I personally feel that Elene's character has shifted and developed beyond what I expected to bring her to. Accordingly, with this whole shift in perception and mindset is a reflection in her wardrobe: no longer the enveloping robes that keep her frame hidden, no longer the hues of jade but instead a bloody crimson like her interests, and a very prolific cascade of jewellery.

It's been a challenge to balance all the different aspects of her that keep her interesting, that inherent instability of corruption in her mind, her sadistic tendencies, her intelligent hand in service, her uncomfortable relationship with family, and her eccentricity (if you've seen her market ads, you'd know) outside of all this. 

I'm not sure how evident much of this has been to people Elene has made an effort to interact with, but I'd like to hear some feedback. Is it too abrupt of a change? Is it too different? Has it been realistic? Do you like it?
    Fyrren
  • Love you to bits! Aya can't stand Elene though, and the feeling, I think, is mutual! Sadly this has played into us not really rping between the two characters, but ever since she was created I had a major respect for what you did with the character. She is a lot of fun to interact with!
    Elene
  • I can't comment much about before-Elene since I really only started recently, but the interactions between Holbrook and Elene has been pretty interesting to say the least. I wasn't expecting much from the request for the Pupil > Student interview, intending only to throw out a couple of emotes to show his nerves, but for Holbrook to suddenly find himself standing before Elene's predatory interest has got him a little apprehensive. However, her recent interest in his wellbeing has also a little curious and intrigued as to what holds her interest.

I didn't really have much planned out for Holbrook when I started playing him, but I've been able to take advantage of the seeing how the dynamic between the two play out to figure out things for him as I go along.

Glad our online times cross-over every so often, it's nice to brush off my RP chops and practice again!
    Elene
  • I haven't had enough exposure to Elene in the years before but coming back into the game, I have really enjoyed out encounters and would really love to get into some deeper RP to explore our characters some more. I think the key words that come to mind when I think of Elene is "elegant sadist". That's just from my current impression from watching her during events, RP, or just posts.

We should definitely schedule something some time though!
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Elene
  • Sryaen has an absolute love/hate relationship with Elene. Love that she was really one of two guiding hands who helped shape him into the man he is today (even if those methods were brutal), and he'll always respect the final product she helped create. She'll always be his Teacher, and hold a special place in his heart. But definite hate in that Sryaen will never forgive her for the torment she's put him through over the centuries. Elene, in her earlier days, was definitely not so touchy and invasive of personal space. She was far more reserved, but since I've been back, she's really turned into this untethered monster now that Desian isn't around to control her. And I absolutely love how hesitant Sry is to interact with her. Elene is the only person who gives him pause when entering a situation, because Elene is so SO good at playing the long game. She'll easily give up 10 battles if it means winning the war, and you'll never see the loss coming.

Elene is politically savvy and so god damn intelligent, I'm constantly in awe at the wealth of knowledge she has amassed over the course of her lifetime. So even though Sry goes through his ups and downs of loving and hating Elene, if he ever has questions or wants to trade information, she is the first person he goes to. Sort of like making a deal with the devil. And I love how their dynamic has evolved over the years.

Our characters have been around in each other's lives for the better part of a decade (maybe more?), and to be bluntly honest, I couldn't imagine Aetolia without Elene Arcan. <3

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    AyastiaElene
  • I should -not- be awake right now. But I am. So I am writing here.
    We should stop meeting like this.

That said, I really miss rping with Elene! So much more still to explore there. And Teo's questions are starting to circle closer into Elene territory... so maybe. We'll see. *Has patience for character arcs*
    Elene
  • edited June 2021
    @Ayastia - Unfortunately, with the way our roleplay situations have evolved, I likely do not see it entwining as much. Neither individual can stand each other, I thoroughly agree, so we'll see if anything naturally comes out of our stories!

@Holbrook - It's always very interesting to see how Elene is perceived from a new person's point of view. I don't want to scare people away so I'm glad that I seem to have gotten that balance right. Thanks!

@Fyrren - Pleasant surprise in our recent interaction! I am liking the depths that we have only began to brush. You're accurate in discerning Elene on the surface as an elegant sadist, and it pleases me to know that what I intended is coming out as it should.

@Sryaen - The student is trying to avoid the teacher, and the teacher is sulking. The most infuriating part of Sryaen is the way he tries not to let himself linger in a place where Elene is/turns up at for too long. :smiley: That being said, with the amount of insight Sryaen has into her, it's highly interesting that you saw Desian being this controlling force while he was around, and the lack of it has untethered her. Come to think of it, it's something I actually never actively realised, but you're right, in his absence, Elene has developed into a whole different monster (which you largely have Naos, the Carnifex guild, and Saidenn to thank for!) By the looks of things, it's hitting all the right notes for people familiar with the woman. Come make more deals with the devil, pleaaase. 

@Teotl - It is only a lament that I wasn't able to interact more with you while you were still Chosen and Consanguine! Teotl is one of the rare few who have seen how wild she can be when touched by Corruption's hand, and I still have that log to look at, to help me along when I find myself struggling with that part of Elene. Thank you for your feedback!
    SryaenArdentAyastiaTeotlFyrren
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    I love Elene. She's my favourite whale-companion.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    ArdentEleneTeotl
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Axius and Elene. They don't run across each other very often. But when they do, they always mix interestingly. Axius usually ends up with whatever goal they've lined themself to complete completed, and Elene usually comes away with nary a word, but when she does speak during it, Axius always feels like they've got more thinking to do. And for someone who does research, thinking is always a positive thing to instill.
    Elene
  • What is there to say about Elene? Elene and Saidenn's relationship has been has been evolving for RL months and IG years. He and her supported each other in rebuilding an organization and supporting each other's personal growth. While they found solace for each other in times of loneliness, out of this was born attachment and deep-seated love.

There is so much depth to Elene, a history that could be uncovered like a new page in a large book. Every day that Saidenn interacts with Elene, he learns something new, and the wealth of her knowledge is unimaginable. It has become a personal running joke that when he finds something he finds interesting that is historical, he already Elene will already know about this thing or event and have her own internal wiki page about it.

I look forward to the growing story between the two, the evolving relationship, in her helping Saidenn to grow and find his route, and he helping her. Their emotional growth has been a journey that has only just started, and every day brings something new. For Saidenn, especially, he has enjoyed watching Elene open up to him, to feel, and to let herself know him and he know her in ways she, initially, refused even to herself.

Jewelry cat likes the jingly Frog Djeirani.
    EleneZeheia
  • What is there to say about Elene, indeed? She seems, often times, to be the demon that people willingly seek out. It is the best kind of seduction, for there to be this character cloaked in so much archaic mystery, who draws people in so easily, only to turn those interactions into tense, occasionally damaging encounters. I have seen Elene build connections with people, only for them to realize that she can be so horribly twisted and cruel that it is difficult to say that they are left better for meeting her.

And yet. The way that you handle the character is masterful. I am in constant awe of her layers, her motives-within-motives, and her response to everything.

Elene is the best kind of storytelling catnip. She changes those around her, forcing growth and development through unceasing adversarial tendencies. Qelres sought her out in hopes of finding a teacher to help them acclimate to a world they were struggling to understand; what they found was a lifelong tutor-enemy-rival who did, in the end, teach them exactly what they needed to know. Qelres' trajectory was forever altered by their falling into Elene's orbit.

Compliments of your writing skill seem almost pointless. To say that you're an incredible writer is an understatement. Anyone with eyes and a basic level of reading comprehension can see it. I get the most delicious nerves when I have the rare chance to interact with you, because I know I'm going to have to be on the very top of my game in order to keep up.

Good lord <3
    KaiaraEleneXaspher
  • love

Elene
  • A despicable goddess pitter pattering her way into Maeve's psyche on little bare feet. From the first moment I interacted with your character, I knew it would be a wild ride, but wow, have you exceeded expectation :D She's a wild card, the embodiment of what a Chakrasulian should be, and keeps me on my toes over here whenever we have a scene together. Elene has really driven Maeve in a direction that I love for her, and challenges her in ways that force her to grow and evolve. Into what? We shall see! >:)

I love your writing, your ruthless roleplay, and all the glimpses Maeve has had of the monster within Elene has only made both she and I want to delve further into that ichor-filled pit of elegant iniquity.
    Elene
  • (Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, you impart to Elene, "//did you really redo that emote just to
    tag the right prayermat."

(Tells): Elene reaches out to you, her voice distorted with a careening, crystalline hum. "// yes.
    BECAUSE IT IS ESSENTIAL."

(Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, you impart to Elene, "//I appreciate your dedication."

(Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, you impart to Elene, "//nerd."

This is the type of dedication she commits to the craft. Truly amazing.

But seriously, Elene is wonderful, in all the most terrible ways. There are only two characters that I've interacted with that I ever really felt like could justifiably put Bulrok on edge, and that is Chakrasul and Elene. Despite how uncomfortable he gets around her at times, she's still someone that he admires when it comes to Chakrasul and Chakrasul related things.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Elene