Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Idk man. On any given day, I can generally get like 8-20 stone.

TetchtaIesid
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Cool, in only 10-25 days you'll gather enough stone to build one (1) room in your house!

• Rhyot said:

Idk man. On any given day, I can generally get like 8-20 stone.

And that's likely why others only find 0 - 2. The trickle into public supply is finite and favors people willing to throw gold at it so they can then go out and claim stone is worth 2 credits per unit.

It's a dumb system and I've effectively given up on expanding my player house because of it.
    Tetchta
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Tetchta said:

Cool, in only 10-25 days you'll gather enough stone to build one (1) room in your house!

Slow and steady wins the race! :)

TetchtaXavinIllikaalBenedictoIesidTsarra
    edited July 2021
    I have like over 2k stone in my cache that I have planned for housing, and if I were given adequate warning I'd gladly panic-build a map with them if they changed it to something more sensible like bound credits or gold. Or, honestly, I'd even eat the loss, because the stone economy is abysmal.

edit: okay nvm I built some rooms real quick, go ahead and feel free to switch to something more sensible now that it doesn't impact me at all XD

• Rhyot said:

Tetchta said:

But player housing isn't and shouldn't be a race. Why should rooms for private housing be something there is competition around?

TetchtaSryaenBenedictoKaiaraTsarra
    edited July 2021
    Xavin said:

Rhyot said:

Tetchta said:

But player housing isn't and shouldn't be a race. Why should rooms for private housing be something there is competition around?
    Yeah, the thing is, if you get 20 stone today, I get 0 stone today. And another problem is that some cities--you know what, I don't wanna name names, so I'm just gonna say...let's anonymize a city and call it Floodblock--anyway, cities like Floodblock are buying up stone, hoarding it, jacking up the prices, buying comms down to zero at villages to raise the prices there (and totally reduce the supply) all in the name of increasing city coffers at the expense of the playerbase. So it's just as often not "Rhyot gets 20 stone today" it's more like "Floodblock gets 20 stone and stows it away even though it has like 13000 stone sitting there for no reason."

This sucks because the main reason for stone, like 98% of its use, is to build player housing. And if it's meant to be a drip feed, most people aren't getting that drip because it's all getting squirreled away by cities like Floodblock. So instead of, like, maybe 5 people getting to build one room in 15-20 days, it's more like 1 person maybe gets to build one room in 30.

Switching to gold or credits would probably be controversial because people don't like sticker shock, but I don't think housing was ever meant to be cheap. It should just be easier than it currently is, and players shouldn't be able to gatekeep access at all, through city stores or any other weird method like maliciously buying all comms to 0 in order to justify gouging people.

AyastiaXavinKaiara
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited July 2021
    Tetchta said:

Switching to gold or credits would probably be controversial

It was always credits before. Why they changed it to stone in the first place is nothing short of baffling to me. It turns building your home into this bizarre commodity camping practice, and squanders an opportunity for IRE to make a buck.

Edit: I actually just remembered free credits existed now haha

New idea: Stone costs 1cr each, you can only buy 10 a day or something, and the Stone Store never runs out. There you go have fun

Even better idea: Just make all building operations cost gold. Skip the lame commodity requirement, and still take a ton of gold out of everyone's pockets. Easy peasy.
    TetchtaTsarra
    edited July 2021
    I know, what you're saying makes total sense to me, but whenever I give people possible price projections that Aet would possibly impliment instead, some of them get skittish and go "oh jeez idk if I wanna spend 100k gold on a room! We should keep this situation where I end up paying 100k for a room anyway, just in a slow dripfeed."

But yeah I'm pro-credits, even if it's a bit higher than it was in the past, because everyone can pretty much get credits for free now. And if you're impatient you can always buy through the website. It's probably the best of both worlds. Unless they need the gold sinks, in which case maybe it should be just straight up gold.

• I am SO ENTIRELY BAFFLED by the customization/housing/anything that costs credits going away/getting more expensive because you can get free credits now. Like, unbound credits exist. The only way they are generated is when someone spends real cashbucks. Why does customization in a RolePlaying Fantasy game have to be limited to basically only subscription players can do it? Why is REAL MONEY PAID FOR housing limited to expansions at the whims of other players? I don't get it.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    TetchtaLinKonnornIesidKaiara
  • Goober! I had 2 to spare! Exactly two.
  • edited July 2021
    Adding stone to the warehouse ticket for the weekly production quest could help. Would take a group effort to matter though.
    AyastiaIesidAolin
  • Rhyot said:

WHY ARE THERE NOT HERDS OF STAGS?!?!?!

There's groups of almost everything else... why not stags?!

I feel this in my bones.
    RhyotDrystin
  • Ayastia said:

And why is there only like 10 of them in the whole game?!

duiran kidnapped them and painted them white to sell as mounts

speaking of, very slight pet peeve is i'd love some of the mounts that are locked as cr only to have more accessible gold purchase options. i'm an orc, i want a wolf mount, i don't want to drop 300 cr on it (yet anyway who knows what the future holds).
  • Read the announce post regarding stone, and you'll see the intent was 2 stone was valued at 1 credit. Yes I patrol for stone 2 to 3 times a day buying every single one I find. Also lock doesn't have any where near 13k stone to suggest otherwise is to outright lie. Stone is hard to get, therefore the price should reflect that. if people buy at 2k then the market is dictating that pricing at 2k per isn't to much. It is how all commerce works just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong, it just means you don't like it.
    LinTetchtaRhyotSryaen
  • Tirria said:

Read the announce post regarding stone, and you'll see the intent was 2 stone was valued at 1 credit.

Tirria said:

It is how all commerce works just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong, it just means you don't like it.

You are welcome to set that price or interpret the announce post as such. The rest of us are welcome to laugh when you do.

I personally think you're just trying to take advantage of a shitty system, but capitalism is capitalism I suppose. :)

TetchtaRhyotXavinKaiaraTeani
    Ultimately I think that the fact that stone is creating an adverserial atmosphere in the game is reason enough to change it but I'm not the boss.

RhyotSryaenXavinKaiaraAlmolIllikaalTsarra
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2021
    My pet peeve is seeing someone that often complains loudly about any and everything, no matter how small when it affects them directly. But when it's something they do not care for or otherwise doesn't affect them, it's a "Got mine, screw you" attitude or laughing at other people bringing up extremely valid points because they don't agree with them.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    TetchtaSryaenArdentBenedictoXavinRhyotJaamir
  • It's very much a 'just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD' sort of thing in regards to stone. frankly, all it does on my end is make me go 'eh, I'd rather buy stone literally anywhere else or just not make the thing out of spite'.
    Tetchta
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2021
    Rasani said:
    It's very much a 'just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD' sort of thing in regards to stone. frankly, all it does on my end is make me go 'eh, I'd rather buy stone literally anywhere else or just not make the thing out of spite'.
    Honestly it goes beyond that. Imagine if you were buying credits from the website, for example, and there were a fixed number of credits that could be purchased at any given time. You would end up with a handful of players who buy them all up first and literally deny others the currency. It just an intrinsically awful system since it is directly tied to the in game content. The only people that think these sorts of systems are good are the ones who delude themselves into thinking because they happened to get there first, they somehow not only deserve all of it, but everyone else should suffer because they got there first when the system doesn't have to be that way in the first place.

But clowns are gonna be clowns I guess. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    IesidTetchtaRasaniXavinJaamir
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I think the reasoning on the housing being tied to stone was to slow down the amount of extra rooms being generated because they were like approaching their limit or taxing the game or something like that that was mentioned before. What really would help is if the Pools commit and say "Cities won't need stone commodity to build any new production buildings in the future" and then the cities could stop stockpiling it and sell some of it off. Or you could forgo that part and try to play the political game and get people into power who are okay with turning the stone stockpile faucet back on. Cities have a bunch of it saved up. Particular the Spirit cities. Remember those Orrery battles we get free wins on? Each win generates stone out of nowhere.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Tetchta
    edited July 2021
    If room numbers are a problem, I'd think havens would require more of a nerf than housing. I have so many haven points saved up that I could pretty much make my own village if I were willing to type out 50 room descs. I could be wrong, but I actaully think there's already a building size cap (really open to correction on this one). My entire stance, though, is the exact same effect could be made with gold without allowing other players to withold materials required to expand housing (which many people paid for, although I'm sure someone's gotten a house by now with milestone credits).

If there isn't a house size limit, maybe there should be (like requiring folk to buy a deed or housing extension if they want to add more than, idk, 30/40 rooms).

edit: so many haven points XD
    Room   Room Name           Brief Description    Base Room           Points  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2923   TETCHTAHAVEN1       Floating oasis in th TETCHTAHAVEN1       31
    69741  tetchtahaven2       Floating in a a calm TETCHTAHAVEN1       1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Used Points: 32 (54)  Remaining Points: 171

Yeah. I feel like @Tiur said something to that effect. It was a long time back though. But yeah overall it does feel like an awful thing. I just think that you know... if you don't feel like they're gonna fix it, there's avenues as a player to pressure other players to get stone. Does that "feel good" either? Probably not. But it is there.
    Aeryx said:

there's avenues as a player to pressure other players to get stone

MjollAeryxSryaenIllikaal
    Well. I was gonna type out this big response to that, but really all I can say is I agree with the sentiment and to use your imagination and ingenuity.
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited July 2021
    Eliadon tells you, "Hey give me stone or I'm going to do bad things to you."
    reply lol unicorns off.
    ignore Eliadon

Boom, any pressure you can put on them about stone is gone 8^)
    Rhyot
    "Stop causing an artificial stone scarcity or I'll kill you" isn't stopped by ignore 😂

Aeryx
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited July 2021
    Were it actually possible to kill anyone even remotely competent who is running away from you on Sapience with no intent to stand and fight, I'd agree.

Unicorns, it's nearly impossible to die in the sect arena if you just run from side to side until the timeout, let alone having cities and guards as a defense.
    IllikaalSaltz
  • Iesid said:

Pet peeve of the day: Wardens cannot customise ancestors but Carnifex can customise warhounds. :/

Your monthly dose. I am still upset about this on a 'pet peeve' sort of level.
    Rhine