Aetolia's Dad

Happy Father's Day to Aetolia's Dad, @Mazzion. Whether he's blown you up with old singularities or taught you a fancy jig, I think it's important to recognize his paternal influence. So! Let's all give it up for the old man! Share your favorite Mazzion memory below!
(Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
(Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
(Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
SaidennRihrinQelresTozArdentEleneMairaMoxieEorosTeaniMazzionIllikaalXaspherDourifRhyotTetchtaValorieBraxFyrrenXeniaDrystin

Comments

• RihrinRihrin Duiran
    I'd post a picture of him from one of our lunch meetings - but honestly? That's my favorite memory. Going to lunch with a bunch of other Aetolians, with him along with us, and just having a blast. Happy father's day old fart!
    ArdentAlelaTeaniMazzion
  • @Mazzion is a class act through and through.

I remember his old singularities killing 19 people, all enemies, using me as bait singularity inspector down below.

He also necrosis'd the one time I premoted at him. I heard rumors that he started RPing since I left but I refuse to let such slander stain the good man's reputation.

Finally, I leave you with words of wisdom from old darkie web, spoken by someone whose name I have completely forgotten: "Some of you have never had Mazzion [screw] your mom, and it shows."

Happy father's day, pops!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArdentAlelaGavramelMoxieEorosTeaniMazzionRhyotDrystin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    @Mazzion we were needlessly at odds for years, and my only regret where you are concerned is that we hadn't been. I'm glad @Bulrok opened up Switzerland for the both of us. While i've never had a shortage of father figures, you're easily one of my favorites and really are the coolest gaming dad around. Happy Father's day dude.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AlelaArdentMazzionEoros
  • Sadly, I have never really interacted with you in the 15 years or so since I started playing (even if 7 or 8 of them I wasn't around). Everyone says you're cool though so I guess I'll have to trust them. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
    AlelaArdent
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Not really a funny story, but when I was pushing for exploration areas, Mazz lent me his snowglobe so I could grab the rooms there. He's always one to just help someone out out of the kindness of his heart and the love of the community. Very selfless, nice guy.

IllikaalAlelaArdentTeani
  • Ah, remember the bullfrogs, @Mazzion for I will always remember the bullfrogs...
    AlelaArdentMazzion
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    My favorite memory with @Mazzion was when we were mid-route to a lesser and I banished him on accident. Stopped us all. Lol. 

But really, you're an awesome person Mazz and someone I look up to and try to emulate. Happy father's day.  

ArdentAlelaMazzionAyastiaEoros
  • Some of my most cherished memories with @Mazzion were when I was still on Shadow side and we would roll into Enorian sewers to raid the city. I want to say there were a few times where we obliterated all the guards and it was Mazz, me, Kadvar, maybe Desian, Ramali and Kikon too? just walking around Four Corners like free men, cuz nobody dared touch us so long as we had big bad Mazz. After coming back from my hiatus, it's been real good to see a friendly face around - even when I'm busy dying to you at foci battles. ;)

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    AlelaMazzionArdentEoros
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    When my character was still new, I remember @Mazzion giving me like 10 credits just for something silly or newbish I was saying or doing at the time. Also all the times that he's one of the few consistent leaders that will charge in and lead Shadow to make things competitive at lessers and such. A truly classic and old school Aetolian.

That being said...You're not my real dad! Happy Father's Day. :tongue:
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    ArdentAlelaMazzion
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    There has never been a point in Lin's life in which Mazzion could not simply cast his terrible eyes upon her and vaporize her with a single attack, yet I remember hanging out with Laelio in the Tundra, when he swings through our room, only to double back, bow his head and say "hail to the Nightmare's Eye" and leave. We have never shared another word since.

10/10 absolutely classy
    ArdentAlelaMazzion
  • edited June 2021
    For a long time I denied Mazzion as my dad, citing @Toz as my one true Aetolia dad. But as they say (or maybe I made this up), the father of my father is also my father. Mazzion has led me to many deaths, many victories, and far more laughs. All jokes aside, though, this player has been an example of maturity to a large section of the game. I can easily think of a few times when gamer tantrums were running high and tables were being flipped where Mazzion's reactions would curtail it (in myself or others, it never mattered who it was) without ever adding to the fuel. I can't think of a single other player I've seen capable of this, and in that way @Mazzion is the Aetolian Game Dad.

AlelaTozEorosArdentMazzion
  • No matter when, no matter where, no matter how - Mazz is somewhere, doing our moms.

Happy belated Father's Day, dude. Slap Sai again for trying to hug you when you get a chance.
    SryaenArdentEleneRihrinTeaniAlelaMazzionDrystin
  • Mjoll said:
    Maz is one of the few people who can spam their location alias and I'll drop everything to run at it, no questions asked (even if I know I'm running into an explosion set by him). Happy Father's day, old man. Thanks for making our game a little brighter, and always better.
    Pls, don't drop your pants and run at Mazz. We can't risk him getting scarred with the sight of a pantless Troll Commander.
    RihrinMjollTeaniAlelaMazzion