What would you like to see in GMCP?

1234568»

Comments

• MjollMjoll Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭
    combat messages, soulstone levels, a flag for when you're dead or not, continent

what's currently in queues
    :(
  • ZeheiaZeheia Member, Immortal Posts: 112 Immortal
    You say, "How hard is it to add gmcp flags?"

I heard you guys had some ideas. I dunno. Something about how everyone needs to know Bulrok is dead. Or not.
    If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    SaidennBenedictoDrystinRhine
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolMember Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A separate marker for when an NPC engages you.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get Fluidcache put into gmcp?

We have the Cache already in gmcp.IRE.Rift.... surely gmcp.IRE.Fluid can be made too?

• TetchtaTetchta Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    edit: definitely wrong topic wtf how'd I do that
    "We're taught Lord Acton's axiom: all power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I believed that when I started these books, but I don't believe it's always true any more. Power doesn't always corrupt. What I believe is always true about power is that power always reveals. When you have enough power to do what you always wanted to do, then you see what the guy always wanted to do."
    -Robert Caro
    edited April 16
    • Premotes as its own channel
    • Whether you/Bulrok is dead or not
    • Would like to see a lot more room data such as:
    1. Whether you're indoors or outdoors I actually just found this, nvm T_T
    2. Current weather
    • Whether it's daytime or nighttime (honestly the entire time table could use work but I'd love a 1/0 that's up to date just for this)
    • Soulstone levels
    • Fluid cache
    Post edited by Tetchta on
    "We're taught Lord Acton's axiom: all power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I believed that when I started these books, but I don't believe it's always true any more. Power doesn't always corrupt. What I believe is always true about power is that power always reveals. When you have enough power to do what you always wanted to do, then you see what the guy always wanted to do."
    -Robert Caro
  • BulrokBulrok Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    God emotes/room emotes/world emotes added into gmcp comms.
    ShAmAn'S aRe UsEleSs In GrOuPs

Bias is ok so long as it's coming from someone who is biased - Aetolia Volunteers 2021

The real bullies of Aetolia:

Didi has fallen before a powerful ranged punch from Rhine.
    They were assisted by: Aisling, Valeria, Stine, Jhura, Benedicto, Ain, Iadra.
    TetchtaLin
  • LinLin Blackbird The MoongladeMember Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it'd probably destroy the game's performance for the same reason combat messages did, but I have a dream of tons and tons of stuff (NPC emotes, weather messages, thoughts, globals, etc.) being added to Comms, so you could pretty much automate RP logging.

web getting added to Comm.Channel.Players would rule
    -Robert Caro
  • SeurimasSeurimas Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited June 9
    Maybe it's just my obsession with precision, but I'd love some sort of "game time" field. Even just the server's UTC time would be nice, but I would prefer something that accounts for server-side lag, as well as transit lag. So, if I eat a curative at time 888888, then there's a 10 minute lag spike, the balance recover message will be around 888889.5, instead of 889489.5 (10 minutes + 1.5 seconds).

Right now, the server's UTC time is available by parsing a custom prompt with time included, but that's also a hassle.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    ValorieTetchta