Cursed Trickery Afoot: Archivist Edition

edited May 2021 in Roleplay Logs
(Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, Sibatti imparts to you, "Archivist. Arch...ivium councillor?"

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Sibatti, "I am she. What do you require?"

(Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, Sibatti imparts to you, "Your Architect is with us. He has been, potentially, compromised."

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Sibatti, "Potentially.. compromised?" Her words are careful, the undercurrent beneath them sharp. "I heard briefly about what he was busy with. Another artifact surfaced."

(Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, Sibatti imparts to you, "I am at the northern entrance."

He is a wise Idreth of Rajamalan heritage standing several inches above six feet in height. Broad of shoulder and narrow of waist, his lithe frame matches that of his feral ancestry, accented further by the dark gleam of claws capping his paw-like hands and feet. Lean musculature outlines his frame, providing an easy grace to his step and stature. As expected of his race, his body is covered in a thick layer of fur. Reminiscent of smoke, the coat covers him from the tips of his ears to the end of his three-foot tail, lightening only around middle and maw. As the fur melds toward his core, the shade lightens smoothly and quickly, becoming a pale shade of snow. In dichotomy do stripes of dark raven pattern his gray fur, the light revealing bluish hues to the shadowy lines. Atop his short neck, his feline features shine with intelligence. The shadow and smoke contend along his cheeks and crown, ending only around his short muzzle of light fur juxtaposed against the black of his lips hiding sharpened canines. Black outlines his ears and curls down around his stormy eyes, each steel pool bifurcated by the slit of his ever-shifting pupil inherited from his tigrine brethren. A shadowy limbal ring outlines his steely iris, a purplish hue leaving the black almost aglow. Occasionally wafting off his frame is the smell of loam, cut through by the spice of warm musk. Shadows drape him with the boon of Severn, the Manipulator. Earth and stone cling to his form under the blessing of the Earthen Lord.

(worn on the right wrist) : a compass-inlaid ilmenite bracer
(a soft aria with every sway of his tail) : an auric tail ring of chiming crystalline bells
(draping noisily around one ankle) : a burnished golden anklet of the Spheres
(glowing faintly under his fur) : a geometric linework tattoo
(suspended in frozen orbit upon the ears) : golden constellation earrings of Keyo and Shiri
(worn tightly around one digit) : a sanguineous band of hexagonal geometry
(pinned upon the hip) : a brooch of lifesense
(strewn across the left digits) : golden geometric rings
(worn upon the right digits) : golden geometric rings
(tied in a bow around his tail) : a crimson hair ribbon of Jherza
(faintly twinkling with any movement) : an inky kilt of the Mejevsavelnel
(encircling an ankle) : an anklet of Lleis
(draped over the shoulders like a mantle) : a pectoral of concentric golden rings
(painted on the forehead) : an Archivist's dath of Yi
(spiraled snugly upon the upper arm) : a spiraling numerological armband
(in a starlit swathe of the frame) : a draped jacket of the Mejevsavelnel
(wrapped closely around the wrist) : cascading golden bracelets
(displayed prominently next to one ear) : a delicate pink rose

Great arch before the tundra.
Executioner Sryaen Cardinalis, the Spectre is here, dark tendrils lurking about him. He wields a black longsword of purple-blue-green nigrescence in his left hand and a black longsword of purple-blue-green nigrescence in his right. Saidenn Tetzauh is here. He wields a small codex in his left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in his right. Lin the Chaos Eater is here. She wields an arterial handaxe of blood-drenched bone in her left hand and a pulsating handaxe of blade-edged sinews in her right. Watcher Esrytesh Sibatti dur Naya is here.
You see exits leading north, northeast, southeast, south, and southwest.

You see the following people here:
Sryaen, Saidenn, Lin, Sibatti.

Sibatti arrives with Lin, Saidenn, and Sryaen in tow, finding you in her sights.

You have emoted: Upon soft feet does Elene enter, her silvery tresses glinting softly as she passes beneath the great arch proclaiming the entrance to the Spires proper. Her heterochromatic eyes shift and focus, taking into her sights the presences of four distinct individuals. Her attention is first drawn to Sibatti, whom she greets with a dip of her chin, followed by a shift to another familiar face, Sryaen's, and then one not so familiar, Lin's, until it finally pauses upon Saidenn. That gaze of snow and storm focuses directly upon a gleaming silver knife driven straight through to the hilt of one paw.

Her voice a sibilant hiss, you say, "Explain."

Gruffly, Executioner Sryaen Cardinalis, the Spectre says to you, "Well, you're not going to believe this. But Saidenn has a knife through his hand."

Stating the obvious, romeviti.

Lin's reception of you could be most generously described as volatile. So tightly does she hold her axes, that they groan and crack with awful, meaty noises of strain. And yet at times she'll look away, and calm herself. "It speaks to him and wants -blood-. This is not a gift with which you are presented, but a curse."

Sryaen just thought:
Maybe it'll do the realm a favor and plant itself in Elene's forehead.

Sibatti lingers next to Saidenn, though she is careful not to linger too closely in swinging distance of Saidenn's hand. "It has murderous intent. It seeks an influence -- to murder, to maim," she explains to you. "And there was a robe, an .... invitation... to join a cult."

His armored hand still upon Saidenn's shoulder - in a guiding or restraining manner is uncertain - and Sryaen allows his vibrant emerald gaze to settle heavily upon you. The Templar's slender brow creases into a frown, though his facial expression barely borders on neutral. "Might be best to get somewhere less public before attempting to remove it. Or the hand," he adds that last bit in a rather grim tone.

You have emoted: Elene is silent as she listens to Lin, though the sharpness of her eyes discern the tightness at which the axes in her hands are held in. Her chest rises and falls as she breathes slowly, ignoring Sryaen's words as useless commentary to the situation presented to her. There is little time to waste, and the woman strides forward, the rustle of a pale gown of snow-white exceptionally loud as it is caught by the chilly tundral breeze. She is pushing past the crowd surrounding Saidenn, inserting herself next to him, scarred hands already rising to the impaled paw and the gleaming silver knife that is embedded within. Finger tips finally draw close and wind around Saidenn's wrist, pulling it upwards to stare intently at the implement.

Lin just thought:
"Stupid. This was stupid. They're going to give this thing what it -wants-..."

Lin just thought:
[There is another part of her mind arguing in its favor - it has assumed theogenesis as the likely outcome, the emergence of Those who came before.].

Her voice finally rising in that same sibilant hiss, you say, "I will take him from here to the Archivium, where I will assess the danger."

"The Archivium would likely be the best option before we attempt to do more with it," Saidenn rumbles, even as he is approached. He allows his wrist to be grasped, but lets out a warning rumble to you, "Do not attempt to touch any part of the blade, itself. I do not, yet, understand its workings." His eyes tilt toward Sryaen, "Hopefully it will not come to dismemberment."

This seems good enough for Sibatti to begin to withdraw, though she hesitates before turning away fully, her spiked shoes practically frozen to the ground. "We are involved now, even if we do not desire it. Please keep me apprised. I have worked with your fold before, to cure the Bloom, and I respect your dedication... if not your methods."

Sryaen is reluctant in how he withdraws his hand from Saidenn's shoulder and he takes a step back away from him. The Templar's armored chest rises to accompany a low, irritated sounding grunt, though the noise isn't directed at anyone in particular.

"Are we now? In what way? Does this relate to the little box gifted unto me?" Saidenn's words are not directed toward anyone present, but said in a low rumble, putting to word whatever conversation he is having on his own. "I imagine you would enjoy if I did grasp you, though, but would I be able to let you go without embedding you in another?"

Watcher Esrytesh Sibatti dur Naya says to you, "I imagine he is addressing it now. Move quickly, whatever it is you intend to do."

You have emoted: Elene's buried in her thoughts, but her frame is shifting instinctively. Her gaze finally shifts from the gleaming silver blade within Saidenn's paw, sliding up to his features, as if to discern any change in demeanour. She stares long and hard enough, before she finally pulls her observational gaze away, the woman now curling her arm firmly around Saidenn's affected arm. She's not without manners, however; she shifts upon bare feet, turning first to nod towards Sibatti. There are no words presented, but the woman does narrow her gaze, and almost drags him with her into the comforts of the city.

Watcher Esrytesh Sibatti dur Naya says in a harsh, barking language ringing with grim inflections, "Mheribus."
Sibatti leaves to the ether, followed by Lin.

Not one to shy away from curiosities, the waifish Kelki pads in - apparently unaware of the cold wrapping Taye's bare feet. The knife has not escaped her notice, neither has the general atmosphere, yet all she does, and would do, is watch with a vague sort of curiosity.

Taye just thought:
The Architect is a curious sort of bottle.

Saidenn just thought:
Now - tell me more about the power you would say you offer to me.

-----

[[We shift to the Archivium guildhall, in a Numerology lab.]]

A meditative Numerology lab.
You see a single exit leading west.

Once within the safety of the Archivium, Saidenn exhales a pained kind of roaring growl as he immediately reaches for and grasps a gleaming silver knife, seeking to pull it out of his flesh with a hiss. It would take its time, however, given how deeply it is embedded, but once loosened he would yank it free swiftly.

Saidenn starts to wield a gleaming silver knife in his left hand.

You have emoted: Elene finally slows as her feet takes her - and Saidenn - into the Numerology lab. In this deserted space, there is little else to harm, and only space enough to observe him. Shifting her arm from Saidenn, she allows him his freedom, and steps back a little even as the knife slips free from the pad of the Idreth's palm.

"It is whispering to me," Saidenn shares as he begins to will his wound to close, careful not to point a gleaming silver knife directly toward you. "Promises, chides, offerings..." His voice trails off into a rumble.

Saidenn just thought:
What power do you offer? To kill? To learn? You and I are bound - oh blade - and now you may tell me more.

You have emoted: "You are compromised," Elene says slowly. There is awareness lit within her gaze. "You are its new vessel." She declares. Her voice is a ringing caress of words in the empty air. Her scarred hands are rising, fingers tweaking at the empty air, as if coaxing the surroundings to rise to her ministrations. As a veil settles upon the area, forming as an imperceptible barrier at the entrance, the woman finally steps forward, bare feet leaving a soft scratch upon the floor as she returns to Saidenn's side. "What sort of promises, kef? What sort of offerings? What are you being given, and at what cost?" she asks, crooning quietly.

The gleaming silver knife:
Gleaming silver makes up the vast majority of this carefully-crafted knife, its blade meticulously sharpened to a wicked edge. A jagged arrow has been inscribed along the length of its blade, the arrow's apex left to point in tandem with the tip of the weapon were it to be pointed any particular way. Resting at the very bottom of this inscribed arrow is an intricately-imprinted K that curls at its edges.
[HINT]: Pointing the knife at a target would point the arrow by extension at the target as well.

Saidenn growls again, tightening his grip upon a gleaming silver knife. "I am not compromised," he protests, "It is... I was not compromised by entering the box nor attempting to entreat with the spirit, and this blade has no power over me." His voice has risen some with his protests. His tail lashes behind him, a chime of bells. "The usual - power, glory, strength, the fear of my enemies..." he lists, his ears folding back, "What one may expect from something trapped seeking escape."

Saidenn just thought:
If I strike them, do they appreciate me? Am I surrounded by corpses who worship at my feet? [A pause, a sigh, a growl] I want to know. Tell me /more/. Pit to appreciation. Give /me/ knowledge. Give me /more/.

You have emoted: "Do. Not. LIE. to me, kef," Elene's voice rises in a loud roar, uncharacteristic of the woman. "I know it, the signs of being compromised." A hand rises, the palm pressed into her chest as she breathes, "You think I don't know it? The very same feeling of someone living in your head, tempting you with promises, telling you to take heed, showing you the power you would have, showing you appreciation, show you.. love.. if you listen to them." She exhales slowly, allowing the emotion to seep from her as she continues to advance upon Saidenn. She would reach out with a hand, intent on cornering him, directing it to his nearest shoulder. "Tell me more. What does it want you to do?"

Saidenn's tail lashes faster behind him, the bells chiming and ringing as he feels the palm to his chest. "A voice is a voice until you take heed to it," he counters, his eyes crinkling at the corners, "Do you think me not strong enough to keep this thing at bay, sope?" His own growl lifts, "The Shaman was a fighter, perhaps, but she knew not what she was handling, not trained, not prepared. /I/ am. It may whisper to me, but I am still. In. Control." His paw tightens further, a twitch of the wrist. The advance is allowed, but the subtle direction is met with a growl. "I know what you are doing, sope, do not try to cage me," He warns, exhaling a growl as he considers the question. "What it wanted Mati to do - kill. Murder." He then tilts his head, "The cult is dedicated to Kaarn," He says, "Or at least, the voice speaking to Duiran suggests as much."

You have emoted: There's silence for a while, and the woman allows it to settle between Saidenn and her. It is enough, however, and Elene's emotions cools, bubbling beneath the surface. An inhalation of breath is taken, followed by a swift exhalation. "You are strong enough, kef," she accedes to the declaration. Her gaze shifts sideways, slithering down to the knife in Saidenn's paw, keeping her gaze steady upon it as she draws within striking distance. She slows her advance, her hand lifting from his chest, to slide down the arm, towards the gleaming blade. "Kaarn," she toys with the word upon her tongue. "Kaarn was an existence which threatened destruction upon Dendara. He would have his way, were he not to be foiled by the rallying of the Duirani." A pause. "He was vanquished, was he not?"

Her voice a curious query, you say, "He was bound..."

Saidenn Tetzauh says, "But his prison was disrupted by his high priest."

Her voice a silken caress that draws suspicion to the fore, you say, "Jalak."

Saidenn nods, his paw gripping a gleaming silver knife settling some, but still twitching slightly. He taps a gleaming silver knife against the side of his leg as he listens, "I feel as if there is more, then. If it is a Dendaric beast seeking freedom, then... why or how is it I have ended up involved twice now?" His ears fold back. "Something is there. Something more."

Saidenn just thought:
Do you even know? Or is it murder that would get you to share more with me? Death? Blood? Would that impart some of your secrets, then?

Saidenn lets out a growl, moving toward the exit at something heard.

You have emoted: "Because you are not a Shaman. Not of the Commune," Elene echoes her thoughts, putting it into audible sentences. The woman's hand finally cinch tight upon the wrist of Saidenn's paw, and draws the arm apart, simply so that she may flit across the rest of the distance, inserting herself into his embrace, as if to stay Saidenn's shift from the lab. The hand upon his chest rises, intent on grabbing his chin. "You are vulnerable, or considered -easy- picking. Don't move."

And by drawing close to the blade due to your inquisitive nature, the blade has found a new person to manipulate.

Saidenn growls against the press against his chest, the grab for his chin met with a louder roar, "Do /not/ grab me such!" He responds, but the goal is reached as he stays his advance out of the lab. "There are figures wandering my city and I am stuck... /here/." He snaps. He lifts the paw holding a gleaming silver knife toward you, but keeps the blade pointed away from you. "I am..." he shakes his head. "The Shamans sought to imprison me and now I am imprisoned within my own hall, instead." His growl is now a constant rumble. "Me stuck here is doing nothing but leaving me stewing with this...this.." he gestures with a gleaming silver knife, "...whatever is in this."

Examining the knife more closely, Saidenn Tetzauh says, "I do wonder, now, if it would respond differently should I let it blood let. The box, too, something, anything. Information. More information..."

Saidenn just thought:
Give me something. Anything.

You have emoted: Elene's attempted grasp upon Saidenn's chin falls away, and her arms come back to her, once more wrapping around Saidenn's frame, as if using her own body as a shield against letting him wander. "What figures are wandering your city, Saidenn? What are you trying to say? That there are unseen cultists moving in the shadows of your city, and you have to seek them out or stay their hand, or learn from them?" she asks. Her chin tilts, her head dipping back to allow a silken waterfall of argent tresses to settle across her back. "If you want to see if it would respond differently if you let blood let, then try it on me first," she eventually offers. The woman's gaze is cautious, and exudes wariness at the blade in his hand. "But you will not leave the Archivium without first dropping that blade in the Archive."

Saidenn allows the hug, the hold, his tail lashing in agitation, but not seemingly directed toward you. "Robed figures. Of the same nature that deposited the music box and the knife," he shares, "You should find out if they have been seen within Bloodloch." The offer is met with a deeper growl, but he does not deny the option. "Then gather the others," he says, "And we do it within the Archive. More than me and you," he says, his wrist continuing to twitch, as if the idea of blood-letting his exciting his musculature. "And then, if all is well, I can deposit the knife with the music box," he purrs, "If it will let me."

You have emoted: "I will," Elene murmurs, her voice a soothing tone as she holds Saidenn in place. The woman remains like this for a lingering moment more, watching the agitation that is telegraphed in the lash of his tail, the ribbon at its tip fluttering. "I will. Shall I call the rest of the Collective, then?"

Saidenn exhales a rumble. "I am catching up the Senate, collect them as you are able."

(Archivists): You say, "Archivists. Your attention please."

(Archivists): Akaryuterra says, "Hmm?"

(Archivists): Maira says, "Mm?"

(Archivists): Legyn says, "Yes?"

(Archivists): You say, "There has been an advancement in a situation involving the world. I have heard rumor of robed figures shifting across Spinesreach, and more so in Duiran and Enorian. Not a day ago, our Architect was informed by several individuals that a new artifact has surfaced, one that was handed over by a robed figure to a young Shaman."

(Archivists): You say, "He went to collect information, approaching the Watcher Sibatti, and discovered that the artifact - a gleaming silver blade - was in the hands of their Listener, MMati. To summarise, a turn of events saw the knife in the Architect's possession, but the knife is sentient and has a mind of its own. It has latched itself unto the Architect."

Directly to a knife, but in a muffled rumble, Saidenn Tetzauh says, "Why so quiet now? Sleeping? Are you going to answer anything of my questions or simply let me... stew?"

(Archivists): Akaryuterra says, "Presently?"

(Archivists): You say, "Presently."

(Archivists): You say, "He has not lost his mind yet; he is very much in control. However, there is some value in collecting information from the knife, in a bid to understand its intent."

Saidenn lifts his eyes toward you, "...Yet, she says," he huffs.

(Archivists): You say, "I would ask that the Collective gather before the Pillar in the Archivium. There is something that needs to be done, to see if more information may be provoked."

(Archivists): Taye says, "At least one has, Docent."

(Archivists): Cassomyr says, "Yes. I will be there presently."

You have emoted: "Yet," Elene echoes. The woman finally withdraws from Saidenn's chest, but a hand still connects the woman to him, wound around his wrist. "Shall we, kef? To the pillar?"

Saidenn growls under his breath, but lets his wrist be taken. He nods. "To the pillar."

---

Comments

• edited May 2021
    [[Saidenn follows Elene down from the research laboratories to where the pillar is.]]

The northern wing of the Archivium repository.
    A diagrammatic pillar stands at the center of the hallway, casting its light across the floor.

You see exits leading north, south, and up.

Akaryuterra flips open the pages of his codex, his lips pressed to a thin, concerned line.

You have emoted: There is grimness in Elene's features, as she arrives at the wing of the Archivium repository with Saidenn in tow. A hand is wrapped firmly about the wrist holding the gleaming silver knife, and she pauses a distance away, wary of any change.

You say, "Everyone, please follow Akaryuterra. Akaryuterra, please bring us all into the Archive, when all of us are with you."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Of course."

Maira's eyes slowly drift to you, looking at you attentively, only so often casting a concerned gaze towards to Saidenn.

You say to Saidenn, "Except for you."

Akaryuterra patiently awaits the movements of the others in the hall.

You say to Saidenn, "You stay behind me, the last to enter."

You move about quickly and lose Saidenn Tetzauh.

You cease to follow Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart.

You begin to follow Saidenn.

Saidenn rumbles under his breath. He huffs out a breath toward you, his grip tightening upon a gleaming silver knife. "I am still lucid," he counters, his ears folding back and his pupils thin slits. "The thing has gone very quiet."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Merek?"

Akaryuterra looks over to the blade in Saidenn's hand, "So what, it got control've the muscles? Can't let go?"

You have emoted: Her voice a silken caress Elene, murmurs, "I am merely being careful, if anything." The woman's gaze narrows, observing Saidenn sharply. "The knife and he are bonded together by a curse. As long as he is taken possession of, the blade will always find its home back in his grasp."

Legyn eyes the dagger curiously. "To be more accurate, Architect, you believe yourself to be lucid. Admittedly, I said much the same thing during the matter with the Revenants."

Akaryuterra nods his head emphatically.

Saidenn growls softly toward Akaryuterra, but he does not answer. "I believe it can leave my paw, but I am not sure if it can leave my possession," he shares. "I..I can let it go." He then stares daggers toward Legyn. "I am /fine/."

The pillar becomes momentarily transparent, and Akaryuterra steps through, descending down the spiral staircase beyond.

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "This is not normal."

You say to Saidenn, "After you, kef."

Saidenn wrinkles his nose and sniffs.

The pillar becomes momentarily transparent, and Saidenn steps through, descending down the spiral staircase beyond.
    You follow Saidenn to the ether.

The Archive.
    Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig is here. He wields a small codex in his left hand and a buckler in his right. Taye is here. She wields a small codex in her left hand. Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart is here. He wields a small codex in his right hand. Cassomyr Ash'aji is here. He wields an eye sigil in his left hand and a chipped bone dagger in his right. Miss Maira Sor'Tirivan is here, shrouded. She wields a buckler in her left hand.
    You see a single exit leading up.

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "This is not normal for Saidenn."

Moving carefully to Akaryuterra's side, Maira's posture shifts to a more tense hover at Saidenn's expression towards Legyn. "Mm." she softly hums.

Akaryuterra flips through a small codex and opens it before him.
    Akaryuterra uses Geometrics Lens.
    Akaryuterra lifts a hand as a black marble sphere with gold inlays pops out of nowhere and into his open palm.

(Tells): Cassomyr Ash'aji tells you, "No... I agree. He's usually very, very careful."

Once the collection of Archivists has descended and stands in the Archive proper, Akaryuterra steps to your side. "You said it is quiet?" he asks Saidenn, "It has some manner of telepathic capability?"

You have emoted: Following after Saidenn, Elene pauses at the exit as Saidenn descends down the steps to the Archive. Turning upon her bare feet, she draws upon the bonds to the Spheres, fingertips twitching and curling to pluck at strings, as if drawing a veil down upon the egress. When she is done and suitably satisfied, she returns her gaze back to Saidenn and descends down the stairs as well, joining the rest of the Collective and Akaryuterra.

Saidenn nods, tapping the blade of a gleaming silver knife against his thigh. "It grows warm. It speaks. It coos, it offers. It spoke of power, it wanted me to kill." He shares. "It went silent when I pressed for answers, for more information, for more.../something/ than a pitted demand to kill." He then glares at a gleaming silver knife. "Is that not right, you damnable thing?" His voice rises, "Quiet now? No voice to rattle into my head? Did I shut you up?!"

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "He refused to see the sense in sticking to the Archivium halls with the knife in hand. He wanted to leave for the city proper, to deal with the sightings of the figures roaming Spinesreach." There is a pause. "I only convinced him to stay because I said if there was danger, then the Archivium will have to figure that out before he is allowed to leave."

"Right the lot've ya c'n find yer way out," Ryotega addresses the group, pointing upward. "It's that way when ya need it. Don't be taggin' after us though, just in case somethin' goes wrong. Keep sharp." Nodding shortly in the moment after, Akaryuterra demonstrates his agreement with the sentiment.

Akaryuterra uses Racial Scent.
    Akaryuterra tilts his head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Tilting his head curiously, Legyn asks, "Have you killed anyone for? I can volunteer, to see what happens."

You have emoted: "None will leave," Elene states, shaking her head as she glances up at the sealed entrance. "I blocked it for now, anyway. Let us hear the Architect out."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Seen things explode, fill a room with fire, all kinds've fun shit."

Akaryuterra's attention turns back to the Architect. "Offer. So it knows language of some manner or another."

Cassomyr's ear twitches, and he frowns quietly towards Saidenn.

Akaryuterra uses Numerology Spheres.
    Akaryuterra begins to glow with an inner light, his eyes glazed and luminous.

Merek frowns a bit, flicking his ears, "You seem unusually aggressive."

Very measuredly, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "You seem deeply exasperated."

Akaryuterra emote taps his temple knowingly, "Gets pretty aggravatin' when ya got someone'r somethin' in yer head ya don't really want there."

In a soft exhale, you say, "And very sure of yourself."

A frown wrinkles Maira's brow as she articulates a "Hrm...."

"Perhaps I should take you into the box with me, eh?" It would be clear Saidenn is distracted into whatever he is doing, but he does pull himself free from you with a sharp tug, rifling within a draped jacket of the Mejevsavelnel to pull out a weathered black music box. "Or I could stab you the box with you." He realizes, then, with a twitch, that others are talking about him. "You would be pitted exasperated, too, if words such as 'compromised' and 'yet' and the like were thrown around about your person." His paw holding a gleaming silver knife twitches as he looks at the collected persons, settling then on Legyn, "Cognoscente, you are volunteering to feed her?" He then asks.

His eyebrows raising, Cassomyr leans forward slightly. "It's a Her, then?"

Legyn nods eagerly, barely containing his excitement. "Oh, yes. Assuming we decide to see what happens, I absolutely volunteer."

The body of Taye appears in a flash and her soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

Akaryuterra steps closer to Saidenn, watching for any movement as he kneels down. "Well, Ryotega and I have intimate experience with such a thing. Simply extending the reasoning from. Pardon the...lack of tact in regards to discussing your person while you stand among us, Architect." He doesn't get much closer, but his gaze is on the blade, looking closely at the surface of the object.""

Maira crosses her arms and watches Saidenn carefully, only realizing she's gritting her teeth once she shifts posture. Her violet gaze carefully watches the exchange between her comrades.

Taye just thought:
    So many faces. [Her observations are placid enough to almost rankle:] I wonder what Legyn's said.

You have emoted: "Do not," Elene warns, reaching forward after a few swift steps to slap Saidenn's nearest paw, the one carrying the music box. The woman's shoulders rise and fall as she observes Saidenn's reactions and speech, before glancing down at Akaryuterra, watching him kneel to stare at the gleaming blade shifting against Saidenn's thigh. "I would volunteer too, to see if it would be stirred to further speech. An offering of blood, to awaken more of what it would say to us?" she hypothesizes. The woman shakes her head lightly, silken tresses bobbing across her shoulders.

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "Wait, could it be related to the potato?"

Louder, to the rest of the Archivists, you say, "It is related to the cult of Kaarn."

"Far as feedin' things with appetites fer blood'n shit, ain't the first'r the last of the sorts what call these halls home." Akaryuterra says, black eyes narrowed as he peers at the surface detail. "Explains the K." Ryotega reasons.

Merek nods a bit, listening, though he's clearly thinking about, potatoes, possibly. Who knows with him, he seems to always be somewhere else.

Taye flips to an open page of her codex, passing a few pages with scribbles already laid upon them. Her free hand scratches away with its stick of charcoal, and hovers, waiting for more.

In soft explanation, you say, "Be wary, when dealing with things of such kinds. Kaarn is an entity beyond mortal measure and ken. It required the strength of two Divine to seal him behind a barrier, but the ministrations of his High Priest, Jalak, cracked the barrier."

You say, "This is likely another effort to gather essence, enough, once more, to splinter the barrier and once more release Kaarn unto the world."

After a pause, you say, "It would explain why it was first given to the hands of a young Shaman."

Akaryuterra looks up to Saidenn, inquiring of the Architect, "Have you tried simply...laying blood on the blade - without directly stabbing anything?" At the mention of the name, he leans back onto his haunches and thinks further. "Kaarn...Kaarn. Is that one of the Albedi pantheon?"

The baleful bellow of a hunting horn resounds across the heavens as the Hunter bestows His blessing upon the Duiran Council.

Saidenn lets out a growl toward you at the slap, his lips peeling back to reveal his rows of sharpened teeth. Ears fold back as the growl lifts into an agitated hiss, looking much like the tigers of which are his heritage's cousins. He listens to the offerings, mumbling briefly to himself as he - seemingly reluctantly - deposits a weathered black music box into a tridecagonal containment chest, closing the lid and locking it again. "Legyn," he says, "You can go first if you wish," He declares then, a bit of eagerness creeping into his purr. He then tilts his eyes toward Akaryuterra, "I acquired it via it piercing through my paw - so yes, that has been tried."

Suddenly turning his attention to the chest, Saidenn Tetzauh says, "I didn't close you. Did I close you? I don't think I closed you."

This imposing mass of metal stands three feet tall and approximately five feet wide. The welds that bind the edges of the chest's solid steel plates are perfectly smooth, leaving no flaws aside from the paper-thin gap between the top of the chest and its sides, and the craftsmanship's symmetry is exact. Each segment of each face is three inches long and the top of the chest could be divided into eleven identical equilateral triangles. To further enhance its mundane form, the chest's base design, a hendecagonal prism, is bolstered by the numerological symbolism of the Archivium's esoteric arithmetic. Together, the thirteen sides beckon the influence of Lgkat, the number of uncertainty, to disrupt attempts to open the chest through illicit means. The prism's eleven sides form Jhako, the number of balance, to disperse physical forces that might break through the steel walls from within or without. The top and bottom parts of the chest represent Ef'tig, the number two, and the duality of inescapable confinement and open freedom. Gold plaques bearing kagamine inscriptions of Kalsu words have been welded to the chest's faces: "vusba," "zaya," "abi du," "reri," "oka," "ligfe," "omervu," "geri," "buvri," "abi ebse," "zaya du" on the eleven sides, "ukeba" on the top plate, and "ukeba du" on the bottom. The chest opens with a sturdy steel pull handle which must first be turned to operate its mechanism and release its internal latches. There is space to add more locks to the apparatus if necessary.
    It has 146 weeks of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 9 kilo(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Saidenn Tetzauh.
    There is a shock sigil firmly attached.
    It is closed and you can not see inside of it.

Saidenn opens a tridecagonal containment chest.

You close a tridecagonal containment chest.

Taye appears fleetingly disappointed.

You close a tridecagonal containment chest.

You say, "You closed it."

Saidenn Tetzauh says to you, "Gods woman let me put the damnable box AWAY BEFORE WE CONTINUE."

Saidenn puts a weathered black music box into a tridecagonal containment chest.

Saidenn closes a tridecagonal containment chest.

Eventually moving away, you say, "You'll have to excuse me. I am on edge here."

Saidenn locks a tridecagonal containment chest.

Saidenn growls again in your direction, a chuff escaping him as his tail sweeps rapidly with chimes as he turns back toward Legyn.

Akaryuterra glances between the two as the exchange transpires. "What I meant, Architect, was shedding blood on the blade SINCE then. Apologies for the lack of clarity. As in: have you or any others shed blood to apply to the blade."

Taye just thought:
    Empty? I hoped... well. At least I got to have a vague look inside.

Akaryuterra just thought:
    "What, think it'll wake it up'r somethin'."

Legyn holds his arm out to Saidenn, pulling back his sleeves to expose his flesh and blood vessels. "Go ahead, Architect. Perhaps follow Akaryuterra's suggestion and start with a cut to see what happens?"

Merek's breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

You have emoted: With a subtle gesture, Elene indicates to the rest of the Archivists to draw a circle around Saidenn. She spins upon her feet, close enough to him, but not too far. She exchanges glances with Cassomyr.

Merek looks at the baby bat flying around and wanders that way, his eyes watery a bit all of the sudden.

Akaryuterra just thought:
    "Honestly, if blood is the bond it seeks, perhaps that will...rouse it in some fashion."

Merek just thought:
    "It's so beautiful."

Cassomyr's ears twitch once more, and he hums softly, once. "... Before we go cutting anyone open. Can I ask, Architect - what line of inquiry were you pursuing when it went silent?"

Beads hanging loose from her forearm, Taye pads forward to take her place among the circle with a last glance at a tridecagonal containment chest.

Akaryuterra takes up a position in the circle around Saidenn, standing up and opening his codex as he gives space to the Architect and others to create a formation.

(Tells): Cassomyr Ash'aji tells you, "... Very, very unusual indeed."

Stifling a sigh, Legyn moves to take position in the circle, though his sleeves are still pulled back.

Merek looks to the circle position and also frowns. Well, he walks that way to take part in circling about Saidenn. He still watches the bat.

Saidenn looks at you, then Cassomyr, then back to you, his eyes crinkling at the corners. But then the experimentation at hand get his attention. "We can try, but I do not think it will work," he says. He does approach Legyn, however, "Arm out," he demands then, almost eagerly, his grip once more twitching upon a gleaming silver knife.

(Tells): Akaryuterra's voice reaches your mind: "Have you held the knife, or is he...quite unwilling to hand the object over to any others?"

Taye just thought:
    [She sounds smaller.] I have a feeling something bad might happen.

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Akaryuterra, "I have not held the knife. He has not given it to me, but he seemed possessive of it."

"Here." Legyn stretches out his arm. "Remember to preserve the corpse afterwards."

Cassomyr cannot quite help his soft, faintly resigned sigh.

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "The line of inquiry before he went silent - he wanted to know if he struck at his allies, would they appreciate him? Would he be surrounded by corpses that worship at his feet? He wanted to know more."

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "About the power it would offer."

Cassomyr's attention shifts, silently, towards you.

Saidenn looks down to the arm exposed, clutching a gleaming silver knife tighter. He shakes his head, "No, that will not work, no. No. Not that. No. More." His words are so fast they almost melt into frenetic purrs as he steps back. "It need be directed, not simply a cut like a regular blade. No. The arrow..."

(Tells): Cassomyr Ash'aji tells you, "I wonder how specific it was - did it name targets? Did it demand specific deaths? Did it state who needed to appreciate him?"

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "A literal arrow or a metaphorical arrow?"

You have emoted: Silence reigns in the archive as Elene watches without comment. She shifts in position, unable to stay so utterly still. Her neutral expression she often wears upon her features crack a little, revealing worry that slithers like a snake into the depths of her gaze. A shift of her attention to Legyn, and then to the gleaming silver blade, before an exhalation of breath rushes out of her. "Get on with it, Saidenn," comes the cruel cut of her voice. The woman is struggling not to break formation.

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Literal, I suspect."

Akaryuterra gestures to the knife, "Etched on the blade."

Maira looks between everyone with a hand outstretched, emitting a soft chirp to a baby bat to guide the creature back to her. Drawing her arm towards herself, her wings tilt back with uncertainty.

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "It did not name targets. It seemed to indicate only to turn the blade upon those around him." A pause. "His allies."

Maira carefully gathers a baby bat into her arms.

Legyn nods his head at Akaryuterra.

Saidenn shakes his head again, muttering to himself for a moment. He exhales again, his tail lashing behind him. He hisses again toward you before he turns toward Legyn, raising a gleaming silver knife and pointing it toward him directly, fiercely, with determination.

As Saidenn levels a gleaming silver knife towards Legyn it begins to tremble within his grasp. It appears to slip, evading his grip just before it roars forward, soaring through the air to messily pierce straight through the center of Legyn's palm. Fresh droplets of blood drip from the blade's sharpened tip, its flared hilt the only thing that appears to have stopped it from traveling clean through.

Legyn smiles near-manic glee at the dagger, and the silver inscriptions on his wings glow.

Akaryuterra's focus is on the blade and his brow ridges pop up in surprise as the sudden flash of motion as the silver flies. He jerks back, but restrains himself, maintaining his position in the ring.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Ah, that's what that does. Architect, can you unlock the containment chest?"

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Didn't we just lock it fer a reason?"

Saidenn blinks. Then blinks again. His ears fold back and he looks confused. "...What?"

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "You'll find my ethical and safety standards exceedingly low as it doesn't cause significant damage to the Archivium or Spinesreach. But I'm still putting you in the chest."

You have emoted: Elene sways in position, watching as the gleaming silver knife is pointed first at Legyn, before it roars forward in a swift flick, directed by intent to rest, seated in the center of Legyn's palm. A frown creases her forehead, deepening as her gaze gleams. "The possession spreads."

Legyn pats a gleaming silver knife in a friendly manner.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Transfers, more accurately."

You have emoted: "Transfers," Elene corrects herself. Her gaze flits over to Legyn, and, seeming to risk it, breaks formation. She slithers across the floor of the Archive, headed towards Legyn. First does she draw close to Saidenn, tilting her head to examine his features, noting the confusion inherent upon him. She does not speak, but continue onwards, to Legyn.

Legyn eyes Saidenn, giving him the once over.

A swirling portal of chaos opens, spits out Elene, then vanishes.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to Saidenn, "As much as I hate to ask this, did you... flirt with the dagger? Its tone is odd."

Slightly more quietly, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "And it is an opportunist... not made for one specific person. Which is almost... comforting, as much as it worries me."

Taye just thought:
    What?

Maira's eyes squint as she wrinkles her nose, and memories of a familiar smell make her glance about cautiously.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "And do what with it?"

You have emoted: Drawing her doppleganger close to her as Saidenn's repetition of the word, 'what', Elene draws her attention. She turns upon her heel, and the woman stops short, coming to a rest next to a tridecagonal containment chest. "The key for the chest, Saidenn," she speaks slowly, with emphasis.

Finally catching up with the very first request, Saidenn turns toward a tridecagonal containment chest and unlocks it, opening it and gazing inward. "How did you get back in here?" He asks. "Oh. I think. Yes."

You nod your head affirmatively.

Saidenn unlocks a tridecagonal containment chest.

Akaryuterra's lips curl as he watches the exchange, carefully aware of the obvious disruption to thought and Saidenn's grasp on his bearings. "Okay, so that answers that question."

Cassomyr shifts, quietly, a step or two in Saidenn's direction, until he can pat him once on the shoulder. "... You all right, Architect?"

Slowly, you say to Legyn, "Is the knife talking to you?"

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Hmm... I'm unable to put the knife away. Someone remind me to design a bigger chest nnext time."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to you, "It wants me to kill and cut off flesh."

Legyn starts to wield a gleaming silver knife in his right hand.

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "The flesh of the kill?"

Saidenn's ears twitch as his eyes settle upon Legyn, "No no. It is bound. It and I were bound. It... you can't simply..."

More firmly, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "Saidenn."

You have emoted: A soft exhalation is heard from Elene, as the woman shakes her head. Again, for the second time, does her hand rises upwards, the woman pattering forward to Legyn. "And do you feel tempted to do that, Cognoscente?"

Saidenn almost jumps, startled by the pat against his shoulder, before his eyes turn toward Cassomyr. "I'm.. think. I remember. Mostly. But. The more I focused.."

Taye just thought:
    Strike the head and the rest will have to fall. [The Kelki's eyes slide slowly from Saidenn to Legyn, and her mind faintly constricts.] That knife has too much power on it.

Cassomyr Ash'aji says to Saidenn, "It seems to be a psychic parasite, Architect."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Actually, it's not very specific. Knife, do you want me to carve the flesh off the dead or off the living?"

Saidenn just thought:
    I wanted more. Knowledge. More.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to you, "No more than usual, at least not yet. My current research doesn't require flesh."

With a sudden, albeit weak, complaint, Saidenn Tetzauh says to Legyn, "I /did not/ flirt with it. It... I was trying to get information."

Legyn gives a pained sigh.

Deep in thought, Maira leans her cheek in her hand.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "This thing is too stupid. I don't care about the Architect or Elene's positions. You're in my mind. Offer me something I'd actually want."

Cassomyr squeezes Saidenn's shoulder, lightly, before dropping his hand. "Focus, Architect."

Akaryuterra's expression scrunches, "Is that it'r you talkin' about research?"

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to Akaryuterra, "I think it wants me to kill the Architect and Elene to take their place."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Specifically, it wants me to remove those unworthy of my presence."

(Tells): Cassomyr Ash'aji tells you, "... Interesting and worrying. I do assume, though, that this isnt the first time we've had an object that is a fatal danger to everyone involved."

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "No. The Bloom is one of those fatal dangers. This one is.. I don't know what to make of it."

Saidenn exhales a rumble and he leans toward Cassomyr. He inhales deeply, exhaling slowly. "The killing - that was not a bother. I just... I wanted to learn more."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Since my current research on the magical significance of language and narratives requires the presence of others, this would counterproductive to my objectives."

(Tells): Cassomyr Ash'aji tells you, "It seems to depend on who's holding it at the moment. I am trying to help snap the Architect out of... whatever hold it had on him."

Taye fails to hold back something that looks suspiciously like a grin at that, somehow finding her own cheer from the situation.

Cassomyr's ears twitch, and he lifts his chin towards Legyn. "Ah, actually a bit similar to something I wanted to pursue, I will chase you up on your findings later, if I may?"

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to Cassomyr, "Contact me whenever."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Alright. Work. I suppose we can find some sort of common ground there. What do you want to work on?"

You have emoted: Elene exhales slowly, watching Legyn and his hold upon the knife. She watches for any further changes to him, before she eventually draws close, one hand rising up to close a hand across Legyn's wrist, the one holding the blade. "I don't suppose, Cognoscente, you'd want to stay temporarily locked in the Archive? This knife is too close to let loose as you're off doing your work." She glances at Maira.

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "It looks like it worked."

"Ooh, one've those sorts." Ryotega says. His lips curl, obvious distaste at the transpiring one-sided conversation. "Okay, so it wants ta make a deal, some kinda 'bargain' with ya?" Now Akaryuterra looks to Saidenn, "Did it offer you much of immediate interest, or did you simply choose not to engage the entity?"

A bit softer, Cassomyr Ash'aji says to Saidenn, "I believe you, by the way."

Legyn snorts at the knife. "You say that as if I couldn't continue my research here for the foreseeable future." He then turns to you. "Yes, I can remain here for now, though I may need someone to deliver some materials."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Knife, I'm certain studying you will keep me busy for a few years. I'm also certain my patience will outlast yours."

Maira frowns and looks about, unfolding her arms and quietly slipping out.

Maira leaves to the up.

Saidenn closes his eyes and turns more against Cassomyr. His entire weight leans against him, intent to wrap both arms about Cassomyr as his ears fold back.

You have emoted: Elene nods, her head of silvery tresses falling down her crown. "What materials do you require, Cognoscente, while you are in research, as well as studying the presence inlaid in the knife?" Tension seems to ease away from the woman, and she glances around her, looking at the containment circles.

(Tells): Alela whispers into your consciousness, "Whose party are you all having this time?"

Saidenn just thought:
    What does this all mean. Is it simply a script? It is an offering without any intelligence? What about the box? What more? The knife into the box?

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "Crafting materials. We need better containment devices. I think I have everything I'll need, but I might require something else."

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Alela, "We are discussing an artifact."

(Tells): Alela whispers into your consciousness, "... how exciting."

You have emoted: "Let me know then," Elene murmurs. The enquiry is done, but she does level her gaze upon Akaryuterra. The man earns her a nod, as if an acknowledge of what further should be done, could be taken up by him. For now, the woman wanders over to Saidenn's side, joining him and Cassomyr as she draws to a pause beside Saidenn, one hand outraised to press lightly against the hip.

Cassomyr slips an arm around Saidenn in silent acceptance of this, and he gently rubs his back, lightly. "You did a good job silencing it, Architect, and in not giving in to its promises." He murmurs, nodding at you.

The circle is coming apart. Taye stands rooted at her spot, still curiously regarding the knife embedded in Legyn's palm. She, too, looks to Akaryuterra, codex still open and stick in hand.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "As for you, knife, tell me when you have a more worthwhile offer. I don't care about my position. I care about numbers, geometries, and enchantments."

Akaryuterra gives a small nod of ackowledgement to Taye. Then, he casts a look to you, and Saidenn, "Then...for the time being we are allowing the Cognoscente to engage in study. Others are free to be escorted, hm?"

(Tells): Cassomyr Ash'aji tells you, "I'm surprised I was able, if I'm honest...." he speaks in soft admission. "Pleased, yes, but surprised. Mm. Half of me is tempted to be the next host, should Legyn grow... strained. I can't kill people worth a damn, so I would be a rather riskless target."

Saidenn starts to purr at the rub against his back, slowly coming to himself in short ways. He moves his free arm to reach out and curl about your closest arm once he and Cassomyr are joined. "We may have to consider a rotating duty," he then speaks up, "I was fine with the blade... for the first while."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to Saidenn, "How long did it take for it to become too big of a problem?"

(Tells): Your voice echoing with haunting distortions, you speak to Cassomyr, "I am too logical for my own good, at times." A pause. "I believe the temptation is a very real thing, and I think.. while I offered, it would be wise to keep the blade away from me. You, perhaps, would indeed be a riskless target."

In regards to the matter of containment and materials, Akaryuterra offers, "I can work at creating an inlaid box to attempt to ward it's movement, but it will require some direct study of the blade and an assessment of its existing...occupant."

Quietly amused, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "It is funny you should mention that, I was conflicted on whether to bring it up. If things grow.... strained. I would be a rather riskless wielder."

Quietly, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "I'm perfectly inept at murder."

Taye just thought:
    At least that would be some sort of a stopgap, even if the knife has a will.

Saidenn Tetzauh says to Legyn, "I... I think quarter of a day? I. I became a bit fixated so it is a bit fuzzy. It felt fine at first, but when I started to demand more of it it felt... different."

Akaryuterra's eyes fall upon Cassomyr. A smile tugs at one corner of his mouth, "And yet another example within these halls, of one willing to pay the cost of blood and self sacrifice."

Saidenn shakes his head. "I was fine and then I was not. I think."

Even quieter, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "And I have eight younger siblings, I am well accustomed to having coersive arguments thrown my way."

Akaryuterra chuckles long and heartily.

Saidenn just thought:
    Knowledge. Did you have knowledge? The box. Kaarn. More? Why? Me again, too. But why?

You have emoted: "You should.. keep the blade away from me," Elene vocalises honestly. The woman glances down at her hands, specifically the one whose arm is entwined about Saidenn's own. She uses that appendage like an anchor, drawing herself back to him before she untangles herself momentarily, curling her own arms around his waist in a bit of a back hug. "I am apt at murder, and while I originally volunteered, I think... in me, the knife might awaken something else." A pause. "Though if things came down to it, I would be fine with locking myself away in the Archive as well. I don't mind trying, though, if a rotating duty is necessary."

With mild amusement, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "The things children will baselessly promise when they want your help to do something they oughtn't."

You say to Akaryuterra, "I think you would be best suited to assist Legn with creating an inlaid box for... whatever this knife is."

Cassomyr nods his head at you.

Taye speaks, quiet but steady. "Once the blade is gone from one's person, they are completely freed, yes? It would be dangerous for the Archivium's leaders to remain under its influence when you hold the greatest power."

Akaryuterra gives a nod, "Understood, Belletrist."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to you, "That would be best. The knife claims to know about your history, though it's quite vague. I suspect it's making an educated guess."

"It took a few moments for the Architect to regain himself," Cassomyr says, quietly, as his attention shifts to Taye. "But... yes, it does not seem to be an eternal grip."

With an exhale, Saidenn Tetzauh says, "Elene, Legyn, work to create a roster of volunteers or those you think suited. One may hold onto it for a time, but they are to be kept within the Archivium until we know more. the Wards shall... work to keep the worst of the influence at bay."

Now gazing more at Saidenn, Cassomyr adds quietly, "Perhaps a bit draining. Are you all right...?"

Akaryuterra's attention briefly strays from the conversation as he shoots a look to his left and reaches up to brush his arm briskly.

Taye just thought:
    [And beneath amber static, something far lighter rises.] If I have duty, I could stay and look at all the artifacts.

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to Saidenn, "Passing the knife around would be a good idea. This is rare opportunity for students and pupils to gain experience with a dangerous psychic item in a relatively controlled setting."

Mildly amused, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "When you put it like that..."

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "I hate murder and killing."

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "And detest hunting!"

Taye just thought:
    [And only brighter does the splash of aquamarine grow at Legyn's words:] Yes, please.

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says to Legyn, "And do you feel it somehow...seeks out or is able to detect what you want? How it knows what to offer as leverage intrigues me."

Saidenn swaying slightly, shakes his head and curls a paw against your hands and leans more heavily into Cassomyr. "A third party will assess the individual holding the knife and decide if they need to be relieved." He then looks toward Cassomyr. "I..I will be fine." He tries to straighten himself and fails. "No one person will hold it for longer than a day, if possible, a week at the longest, but we will ensure it does not feed off any one person for too long." He nods toward Legyn, "And an opportunity to see if it remembers."

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "... Am I permitted to touch it?"

Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "Not just yet, perhaps, Merek. It may be too soon to transfer again."

Merek nods his head emphatically.

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "I wonder if it tastes good."

Merek blinks vacantly, staring at nothing in particular.

Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "Best not to exhaust our number so quickly."

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "Oh!"

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says to Akaryuterra, "Its offers so far have been unexciting. It promises that taking the Architect or Elene's position would somehow enhance my situation, which it wouldn't, and it offered to work with me, but wouldn't specify how. I believe it makes generic offers that most people would be tempted by and that align with its own specific interests."

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "What classification is it?"

Akaryuterra looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "Important question."

Saidenn Tetzauh says, "Etonu at least, ligfe at worse with what we know."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Nolkiru perhaps? Possibility of escalation."

Archivist Merek Nefket says, "Its offers sound boring."

Thoughtfully, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "A lot of Etonu lately...."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "I must get going, so if anyone has anything more to add, now's the time. I'll remain in the Archive until the Council agrees to pass the knife to someone else. If I leave, assume I've been compromised."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "As of the moment we are not aware of its capability, it appears to be limited by the wielder, unable to enact violence or action on its own. Needs willing mind to...bargain with."

With a shake of his head, Saidenn Tetzauh says, "The cultists from which these items came have already infiltrated three city-states of late, and have done assassinations."

You have emoted: There is a pause as Elene feels Saidenn shaking his head. The shift is distinct as more weight is exerted upon Cassomyr, even while a paw is curled against her hands. That's signal enough, and it sends the woman in a deep exhalation of breath. "Legyn, will you write up the post for the Archivists on the knife? I will collate the volunteer list," she murmurs. "And if it seeks for you to kill me or Saidenn, then I wonder if it means you shouldn't stop at pointing the blade, but to actually see us dead."

Cognoscente Legyn, Sophist of Ef'tig says, "I can write a post about it when I return."

Saidenn Tetzauh says to Akaryuterra, "Further, they had the ability to speak upon Duiran's aether."

Merek leans in closer to the wreckage of a bulbous crystal resonator and inspect it carefully.

Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "... Uncomfortable, that."

Saidenn Tetzauh says, "And... honestly, I am more inclined to err on caution with the ongoing issues of the Pillars of Earth and without knowing the exact cause, yet."

Saidenn closes a tridecagonal containment chest.

Saidenn locks a tridecagonal containment chest.

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "To be clear, I would classify two events as Ligfe or Viru. The escape of the Leviathan, and the Chaos War."

Saidenn Tetzauh says, "I do not believe we are at Ligfe yet, I agree. But not outside the realm of possibility yet."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Not yet, no."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Still some...unknowns."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Why does it bargain? What does it gain that it otherwise cannot obtain."

Saidenn waves his paw, "You and Elene decide if Nolkiru or Etonu is best," he purrs wearily.

[[At this point, the discussion started to wind down. Elene left first, before the rest began to disperse, leaving only Legyn sleeping in the Archive, with the promise of having a volunteer list created.]]
    SaidennMoxieLegynLinValorieTayeMalcanthetQelres
  • Here, I have to comment that Legyn's attitude with the knife legit made me laugh. He's asking the artifact to be specific about what it wants him to do, and it's just incredibly incredulous to me. :D
    Taye
  • I forgot to log the part where the knife transferred to Legyn (and called him "darling"), but I have most of the conversation:

Finally catching up with the very first request, Saidenn turns toward a tridecagonal containment
    chest and unlocks it, opening it and gazing inward. "How did you get back in here?" He asks. "Oh. I
    think. Yes."

Drawing Maira close to her as Saidenn's repetition of the word, 'what', Elene draws her attention.
    She turns upon her heel, and the woman stops short, coming to a rest next to a tridecagonal
    containment chest. "The key for the chest, Saidenn," she speaks slowly, with emphasis.

Elene nods her head affirmatively.

Saidenn unlocks a tridecagonal containment chest.

You put a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger into a tridecagonal containment chest.

You take a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger from a tridecagonal containment chest.

Maira uses Tarot Hierophant.
    Maira quickly flings a Hierophant tarot card at herself and she suddenly looks a lot more relaxed.

You say, "Sorry, wrong dagger."

You find yourself unable to part with a gleaming silver knife.

Akaryuterra's lips curl as he watches the exchange, carefully aware of the obvious disruption to
    thought and Saidenn's grasp on his bearings. "Okay, so that answers that question."

Cassomyr shifts, quietly, a step or two in Saidenn's direction, until he can pat him once on the
    shoulder. "... You all right, Architect?"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I told you it wouldn't be so easy."

Slowly, Devout Elene Arcan, Savant of Jherza says to you, "Is the knife talking to you?"

You say, "Hmm... I'm unable to put the knife away. Someone remind me to design a bigger chest nnext
    time."

You say to Elene, "It wants me to kill and cut off flesh."

Conductor Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "The flesh of the kill?"

A vibrant note echoes through the air, emanating from the central spire. Brief seconds later, a cold
    gust of wind bellows in, heralding the arrival of dawn's waking breath.

Saidenn's ears twitch as his eyes settle upon you, "No no. It is bound. It and I were bound. It...
    you can't simply..."

More firmly, Cassomyr Ash'aji says, "Saidenn."

A soft exhalation is heard from Elene, as the woman shakes her head. Again, for the second time,
    does her hand rises upwards, the woman pattering forward to you. "And do you feel tempted to do
    that, Cognoscente?"

Saidenn almost jumps, startled by the pat against his shoulder, before his eyes turn toward
    Cassomyr. "I'm..I think. I remember. Mostly. But. The more I focused.."

Cassomyr Ash'aji says to Saidenn, "It seems to be a psychic parasite, Architect."

You say, "Actually, it's not very specific. Knife, do you want me to carve the flesh off the dead or
    off the living?"

You say to Elene, "No more than usual, at least not yet. My current research doesn't require flesh."

With a sudden, albeit weak, complaint, Saidenn Tetzauh says to you, "I /did not/ flirt with it.
    It... I was trying to get information."

"Carving the flesh from the dead would serve neither you nor I no good. It is not but flesh alone,
    but the act of falling those that stand in your way. The Architect? You could hold his position.
    Elene? She wields power en masse. All of these could belong to you were you to.. remove them from
    the picture."

You give a pained sigh.

Deep in thought, Maira leans her cheek in her hand.

You say, "This thing is too stupid. I don't care about the Architect or Elene's positions. You're in
    my mind. Offer me something I'd actually want."

Cassomyr squeezes Saidenn's shoulder, lightly, before dropping his hand. "Focus, Architect."

There's a snort then, derisive in nature. "There is little you couldn't acquire by removing those
    unworthy of your presence."

You say to Akaryuterra, "I think it wants me to kill the Architect and Elene to take their place."

Miss Maira Sor'Tirivan says, "Is there anything that I may do to help."

You say, "Specifically, it wants me to remove those unworthy of my presence."

Miss Maira Sor'Tirivan says to you, "Well."

Saidenn exhales a rumble and he leans toward Cassomyr. He inhales deeply, exhaling slowly. "The
    killing - that was not a bother. I just... I wanted to learn more."

You say, "Since my current research on the magical significance of language and narratives requires
    the presence of others, this would counterproductive to my objectives."

Taye fails to hold back something that looks suspiciously like a grin at that, somehow finding her
    own cheer from the situation.

Cassomyr's ears twitch, and he lifts his chin towards you. "Ah, actually a bit similar to something
    I wanted to pursue, I will chase you up on your findings later, if I may?"

"Presuming I could not hand you that which you seek, in exchange for a little blood," it quips back.
    "We would work much better together, you know."

You say to Cassomyr, "Contact me whenever."

You say, "Alright. Work. I suppose we can find some sort of common ground there. What do you want to
    work on?"

Elene exhales slowly, watching you and your hold upon the knife. She watches for any further changes
    to you, before she eventually draws close, one hand rising up to close a hand across your wrist, the
    one holding the blade. "I don't suppose, Cognoscente, you'd want to stay temporarily locked in the
    Archive? This knife is too close to let loose as you're off doing your work." She glances at Maira.

"There it is, lock you away. There would be no such worry were you to strike her down."

"Ooh, one've those sorts." Ryotega says. His lips curl, obvious distaste at the transpiring one
    -sided conversation. "Okay, so it wants ta make a deal, some kinda 'bargain' with ya?" Now
    Akaryuterra looks to Saidenn, "Did it offer you much of immediate interest, or did you simply choose
    not to engage the entity?"

A bit softer, Cassomyr Ash'aji says to Saidenn, "I believe you, by the way."

"It would be hard to do research while stored in a vault, would it not?" the voice purrs, the sound
    curling its way between your ears. "Sure, she says temporarily, but so long as she deems you a
    threat she will keep you here. Endlessly. She's done far worse."

Legyn snorts at the knife. "You say that as if I couldn't continue my research here
    for the foreseeable future." He then turns to Elene. "Yes, I can remain here for now, though I may
    need someone to deliver some materials."

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Taye saying to you, "That I could do." A trace of
    eagerness - perhaps she is curious about the room itself, or what it contains. "If I manage to
    survive obtaining them, that is."

You say, "Knife, I'm certain studying you will keep me busy for a few years. I'm also certain my
    patience will outlast yours."

Maira frowns and looks about, unfolding her arms and quietly slipping out.

Maira leaves to the up.

(Tells): Effortlessly, you fill Taye's head with a thought: "I'd only need some simple crafting
    materials. I should have most of them on me right now, but I may need more."

"Very well."

SaidennEleneMalcanthet
  • "It would be hard to do research while stored in a vault, would it not?" the voice purrs, the sound
    curling its way between your ears. "Sure, she says temporarily, but so long as she deems you a
    threat she will keep you here. Endlessly. She's done far worse."

SaidennMatiBrax
  • That yellow color @Elene!!! Gah!! Killing my eyes! Thank you for sharing though! The mystery continues! Dun, dun, dun!