Cursed Trickery Afoot

edited May 2021 in Roleplay Logs
Unfortunately didn’t get to make a log of the preamble from the other night but here’s Aisling’s summary!

Last week, a robed figure came by Duiran's bridge and shoved a blade into Listener Mati's possession. It apparently spoke into her head, demanding she take blood from her allies, harm those around her and so on. She did not give in, but any attempts to remove the blade from her possession were met with failure - she could not release it at all.

Mati was taken to the Shaman Guildhall and locked away, for the moment.

The blade given bore a mark depicting arrows, and the letter 'K'.

Note: Things in <> are things happening in Mati's head. I don't know how to do pretty colours so you get what you get. Sibatti gets her hands dirty in there too at one point, sorry if that's confusing.
--

The following week...

Edit: I switched it to a pastebin because, for some unknown reason, the forums hate me and kept not showing portions of the log in spite of it...being there when I would go to edit it. I don't even know. Here's a link.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to all involved, both on this side and Pools. It was a true blast and I am so very grateful to have been a part. A stand-out time in my Aetolian career for sure. Turns out, fun things come to those who idle in public places, just out there, apparently just waiting to be a target. ;)
SibattiLinSryaenIaphiaValorieSaidennElene

Comments

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Loved being a part of it, and getting a chance to interact with some people who normally wouldn't cross paths with Sib, which is always such a treat. (@Elene @Saidenn @Sryaen ! ) It's really great when a story feels like a thrilling adventure in multiple ways.

@Mati had me so convinced that this was just something she was starting as a personal plot and had full control over, which is a testament to how immersive she always makes everything feel. <3
    SryaenLinSaidenn
  • Cross-faction RP does not happen enough, and this was a wonderful treat for me (and especially for Saidenn to see inside the Shaman GH, even if a little bit).

I loved getting a chance to see approaches to problems from a different perspective, and @Mati definitely did an amazing job as I, too, had no idea what was happening apart from context clues and those are the best times!

@Sibatti @Lin @Iaphia @Sryaen - More RP all the time.
    SryaenLin
  • I will post the Archivist side of things, if/when I get to it. I had hints of what was happening, though I wasn't quite sure what was going on. It just so happens @Sibatti pinged me just before I got involved in another RP, and boy did I not expect what I expected.
  • The event has been great so far. I especially like the build up and all the different parts. It gives what's happening direction that the players can work with, but it's still not 100% clear that all the events are tied together (at least not yet), so there could be more than one thing going on.

It's too bad the evil voices in Legyn's head never offer him anything he wants. It's always murder and power, and not a diamond-studded solid gold abacus. :/
    SryaenBenedicto
  • I am IMMENSELY curious about the Archivist side of things!! Very much hope any of you can post a log too.