Planning the strike on El'Jazira

Terrace of the Warlords (v9296) - AREA: Bloodloch, ML AREA: Bloodloch
A member of the Dominion guard stands here, watching over the throne room. The Throne
of Bones is positioned on the leftmost edge of the raised platform. Dominating the
throneroom, the Progenitor's bloodstone is here. The Throne of Souls is positioned
left of center upon the raised platform. The Tyrant's Throne is positioned in the
center of the surrounding thrones. The Throne of Blood is positioned right of center
upon the raised platform. The Throne of Flesh is positioned on the rightmost edge of
the raised platform. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the
ground. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. The imperious presence
of @Abhorash dominates the room here. @Elene is here. She is riding on a thick-furred
albino tiger.
You see exits leading northeast (open stone door), south (open stone door), and
northwest (open stone door).
You have reached your destination.

Elene steps into the terrace, firm weight beneath each footstep as she draws herself
straight. The woman dips her head, first acknowledging Abhorash before she turns and
tilts her head, nodding towards you in equal acknowledgement.

Ayukazi enters into the room, inclining subtly towards Elene before
locking attention upon the Progenitor with an expressionless ease as her shadows
steady around her.

Abhorash stands before the Progenitor's bloodstone, hands clasped idly behind his
back. The nodded greeting draws no returned acknowledgement as the vampire remains
facing his sanguine construct. Wordlessly, he motions for you to approach.

Argent tresses shift and fall upon the back of Elene's shoulders as she fluidly finds
her way around the thrones, drawing close to the Progenitor's bloodstone. The rustle
of silk resonates loudly in the terrace as she eventually pauses and slows to a stop,
her arms shifting backwards to be held in a loose grip. She is in observation, her
head tilted up.

Ayukazi approaches the Progenitor's bloodstone as if institutionally
reacting on the commands. Eyes focus inwards at the power in front of her, stoning
her to a mind of only war.

Large enough to hold in two hands, this ancient stone is a deep, eerie red, its
crudely faceted sides seeming to churn just beneath the surface, the light only
penetrating so far. When touched, a distant rhythm between a current and slow
heartbeat can be felt, ebbing with a visceral, primal warmth. Etched by an elegant
hand, long lines mark its sides, corresponding with channels and runes carved into
its supporting pedestal, which pour over the sides of the plinth and merge with the
floor's ritual grooves.
It is strangely weightless.
[HINT]: You can find out more about this item by using LOOKUP BLOODSTONE.
[HINT]: You can PEER BLOODSTONE to glance into the territory of El'Jazira.
[HINT]: You can PEER BLOODSTONE AREA to see which rooms are valid.

Abhorash finally breaks his silence, commanding voice echoing through the Terrace.
"You have had many years to prepare for this incursion," he says, a small smile of
pure condescension twisting his lips. His tone conveys not a hint of shame, placing
such blame solely on you. "Tell me what you know of the territory you are about to
assail."

Elene squares her shoulders, the grace in her bearing rippling from her as her
heterochromatic eyes shift, settling upon Abhorash's features with a gaze that
scrutinises, yet bearing little emotion. There is only the shift of an edge of her
ichored lips, the only indication of a response to the condescension displayed by
him. "Horace is located close to the western entrance of the village, by the bustling
path between buildings not far from the sandstone estate, once the power of their
Sheik's rule. He is accompanied, often, by Jardon, who has recently been heard hiring
for merceneries upon the market."

Elene says, "Here, the thoroughfare is swarming with janissary guards, and they often
patrol the parts of the village to ensure no one has slipped through the cracks and
infiltrated their boundaries."

Ayukazi continues to gaze into each room shown by the bloodstone as
she responds, taking mental notes as if etching in more by memory. "The culture is of
trade, black markets, slave procurement, and consumption. There are orphans there.
Mines are on the lower end," she continues, recollecting everything from memory as
her words draw out darkly. "You will find many Ambassadors there, and many of several
Shadow Divine. The northern area is a narrow, often with locked rooms."

Abhorash listens impassively until your mention of the mines. That prompts the
vampire into motion, the remainder of your and Elene's words washing out unheard as
he places a finger on the bloodstone. The object ripples, showing an image of the
battlefield.

The bloodstone shimmers, showing you:
Surrounded by various plantlife vendors
Tall racks host a variety of small containers and jars in neatly arranged rows here,
offering any sort of spices and cooking supplies one could possibly desire. Each jar
is neatly labeled and arranged in alphabetical order, simplifying the shopping
process as easily as possible. Several tables allow patrons to sample spices, which
leaves a salty aroma in the air.
You spot the following in the room: a band of fifty janissary warriors, a monstrous
catapult, and fortified barricades of stone and wood

The next touch from Abhorash shows a different scene - and then a third.

Elene nods her head in your direction, before turning her gaze to fall upon the
Progenitor's bloodstone. Through the rippling crystalline surface, the battlefield of
El'Jazira is seen, coming across as a glimpse of what lies before the: a band of
janissary warriors, siege warfare and fortified barricades.

Ayukazi studies the catapult and barricades, then follows the
visions brought by the Progenitor, mapping them strategically in her mind.

Bedroom in the orphanage
A row of small beds lines the far wall, each with brightly colored blankets and
pillows of every hue imaginable. Small articles of clothing are thrown about
randomly, the rushed work of an orphan in search of something else. Pictures have
been framed and hung above each bed, some of former pets and families, drawn by the
kids.
You spot the following in the room: a semi-conscious child, a semi-conscious child, a
band of fifty janissary warriors, a siege flamer, fortified barricades of stone and
wood, and a small girl

A ramshackle slum
Wide and narrow, this ramshackle slum is obviously a gathering point of many poor
folk trying to make a life for themselves. Bedrolls line the western wall, each
surrounded by various personal trinkets and belongings. Slender palm trees have been
tied together with a conglomerate of ropes and fabrics, with pulpwood pasted walls
covered with shreds of old silk and tarps. As shoddy as it seems, the collection of
individuals here seem to respect one another's space and keep it orderly.
You spot the following in the room: an undead laborer, an undead laborer, a band of
fifty janissary warriors, a massive war ballista, and fortified barricades of stone
and wood

"Surely you realize why I have shown you these coordinates," Abhorash prompts,
managing to sound entirely unconvinced of that.

In observation, Elene says, "These are different entry points, for the forces of
Bloodloch to gain foothold in El'Jazira."

Thoughtfully does Elene tilts her head to one side, one foot beginning to tap
restlessly upon the ground as she muses at what strategies must be done. "There is
the existence of siege weapons that must be handled, before the barricades can be
torn down, and bands of janissary warriors that must be dealt with after entry is
secured," she murmurs.

Ayukazi watches the areas. "Most of these are fairly central
locations, but the way the troops are broken up and cannon and flame are cause for
ranged attacks."

Elene just thought:
An inability to deal with the ballistas and catapults will thin our forces before we
can even gain entrance. There must be a way to destroy them first.

Elene just thought:
The mines seem to be the easiest way for entry. There is less warriors there.

You say, "Or we could dig their footing out from under them. Make the mines
collapse."

Her voice a silken caress, Elene says, "The barricades are well-fortified. We can
simply slip past these dangers if we simply find a different way to enter."

Those answers seem to satisfy Abhorash, turning back to the bloodstone. "Siege
weapons, protected by barricades, at opposite ends of the territory. You will indeed
find them quite troublesome to your efforts to advance." The bloodstone ripples once
more, showing two more scenes in quick succession.

Corner of the apartments
Looping around in a circle, the path is surrounded by studio apartments that are
nestled close together, cramming as many inhabitants as they can into the housing
development. The only thing that can be seen is apartment fronts here, the one-story
buildings blocking out the desert landscape beyond.
You spot the following in the room: an imp sculptor, a band of fifty janissary
warriors, and an El'Jaziran war tent

A quiet stable
In each small stall, with a bale of hay in a corner and a channel for water to feed
and quench him, stands a horse. These are the most magnificent animals you have ever
seen. Tall, sleek, and proud, they make you believe that no other horse you have seen
before is real, all were just a shadow of one of these. The quarters for these
animals are larger than the camel stalls next door and seem cleaner. You notice also
that while some of the camel stalls are empty all of the horse stalls are full.
Several groomers spend their time brushing and caring for these magnificent beasts.
You spot the following in the room: a sleek, bay horse, a sleek, silver horse, a
sleek, golden horse, a band of fifty janissary warriors, and an El'Jaziran war tent

You say, "That tent needs to go. Tents mean supplies, which can fortify."

"Two strategic objectives - the enemy's points of reinforcement and the siege
weapons. Two objectives mean..." Abhorash trails off again, inviting each of you to
complete the thought.

Elene nods her head affirmatively, a silent agreement as her gaze sharpens. "The
tents do need to go, but they are guarded by a band each of fifty janissary warriors.
If we have to choose where to strike first, I think these two last locations must be
prioritised."

Elene says, "We will need to split our forces into two groups."

You say, "We have two entrances. One will have to focus on the tents, while the other
deals with the ranged weapons."

A deep groan bellows through the stone around you, echoing throughout the halls.

A smirk flits across Abhorash's lips at your reply. "Perhaps a map would better
assist in visualizing your strategy. Yes, two groups. One to assault the tents
through the main entryways, one to descend into the mines to strike at the siege
weapons."

Ayukazi studies the mines further, taking in her well known routes.
"Those mines can cave. Ranged weapons would do no good underground."

Pursing her lips as she continues thinking, Elene says, "In order to ensure the
successful entry of a group through the mines, we might have to make a big enough
distraction with a frontal attack. The stable lies on the southeastern section of
El'Jazira, and the apartments are to the northern part of the village, isn't it? The
slum, the orphanage and the main catapult at the market guards the southern front."

Ayukazi continues to study the mines, a flitting smirk running
across her face as she barely acknowledges it. "Perhaps a map would help make this
plan much more perceptible."

Elene's geography lesson seems to bore Abhorash, the man turning from the bloodstone.
"I will provide you with maps later this week," he says as he moves to exit. "The
enemy's troop configuration may change still, but I doubt there is sufficient time
for them to make any major adjustments to the major objectives you viewed." With
that, he promptly leaves.

A chill leaves the air as Progenitor Abhorash departs to the south.

It is now dawn on Tisday, the 19th of Severin, year 495 of the Midnight Age.

The loud and powerful toll of a bell fills the air with tension, as city watchmen
signal the coming of dawn.

You say, "The troop configuration is irrelevant. We need to make sure to have
everyone trained at handling troops. Take everyone on patrols in the Army that can be
taken. We often wake different times, though I am waking far more to my standards as
of recent. We will have to split up these responsibilities."

Elene turns upon her bare heel, the woman spinning to catch the tail departure of
Abhorash to the south. The woman's features are cold and inscrutable, a smirk
skittering across her own lips before followed by a snort.

You say, "Leave all troops where they are at for now. At Howling, we will call more
to handle other threats. Our priority is growing and training our militia. We will
need the numbers. This is for Bloodloch and Bloodloch alone to deal with."

Remaining for a while more in position before she turns to face you, Elene's eyes
alight upon your face. A scarred haand is rising, sweeping her tresses away from her
shoulders and onto her back. "You are familiar with Ylem bombs, right?"

Elene says, "Perhaps we should prepare some of them, to collapse the ground beneath
the siege weapons through the mines."

You say to Elene, "I am familiar with everything Ylem."

Elene nods her head affirmatively.

Elene says, "I do not have access to bombcrafting, but perhaps a sonicbomb might be
enough to level fortifications beneath the weapons."

You say to Elene, "I teach people how to wield both ylem and Divine icons to their
fullest. However, this will mean that we will need all Ministers and Thronekeepers to
acquire shards from the pylon. Bring them to me and I can make them in haste."

You say, "I am quite... reflexive at making them. Fastest in Sapience."

Elene's withered tongue escapes from the confines of her mouth, wetting her ichored
lips.

You ask Elene, "You... do know how to acquire all of your ylemshards every Howling,
yes?"

A savage gleam enters Elene's eyes, lips curling up slightly in a fleetingly
malicious smile.

Elene nods her head affirmatively.

Elene says, "Do sonicbombs require the Ylem shards themselves?"

You say, "Very well. I have had to teach leaders before."

You say, "Every bomb requires a shard to activate."

The loud sound of thunder rolls through the skies, shaking the air around you.

You say, "AB BOMBCRAFTING ACTIVATION."

Elene's withered tongue escapes from the confines of her mouth, wetting her ichored
lips.

Elene says, "Alright."

Elene says, "And the other objective we must handle: the point of reinforcements."

Elene says, "How do you believe we should go about tackling that?"

Ayukazi focuses on the Progenitor's bloodstone once more, offering a
glance of dark tutelage that she allows to pass visibly towards Elene. "What type of
material is a tent made out of? What supplies are often housed in a tent? Your answer
for destruction simply lies in the answer you supply me with, Thronekeeper."

As she considers her own question, Elene allows her eyes to settle upon the
Progenitor's bloodstone once more. Her gaze is shifting, and an audible exhalation of
breath escapes from her as she notes, "Those few points the Progenitor showed us are
only the tip of the ice berg. There are many other bands of warriors wandering around
the village."

Elene says, "It is a matter of getting to those war tents, I think. We can set fire
to them when we get to them."

Ayukazi waves a hand dismissively. "Those are irrelevant. Sheep
without a shepherd will fall prey to the predator."

Waving a hand to the bloodstone, Elene says to you, "I believe we should calculate
the forces we should anticipate clashing against, and then consider how best to enter
and march our divisions through."

Elene says, "By my count, outside of the mines of El'Jazira, the village territory
itself has 2,000 janissary warriors, separated into bands of fifty and hundred."

(Bloodloch): A stinking Nazetu crier says, "The date for Bloodloch's march upon
El'Jazira has been set. Come the month of Ios, 2 to 3 days before Howling, the city
will gather for our incursion. Troop allocations will be dependent on your militia
standing. READNEWS BLOODLOCH 3299. Enlist now to lend your might to the subjugation
of our rebelling territory."

Correcting herself, Elene says, "2,100 janissary warriors."

Elene says, "The mines are save, and Giovelli still remains in the mines. He hahs his
Mamashi lion pack with him. Perhaps... he can be of use."

Ayukazi glances at Elene, her eyes flaring past any violet hues to a
dark crimson before cooling once more. Shadows conceal her once again. "We already
know our two points of entry, and it is already logical how to split the forces we
need based on who will be there. Our focus lies in how to destroy the tents, as this
has not been resolved, has it?" Her claw rakes over the bloodstone, showing the point
of entry that Bloodloch troops are already fortified at. "We have a straight way in
here. If you know the lay of the land, you will know we will go in here, where you
will meet the majority of your forces, as they will expect us to be coming from the
fortifications and not the mines. I will take a special elite crew with me, and leave
the masses to you, with a capable General, so that you can not only handle the
janissaries, but take down the tents. We have a lot of straightaways, so there are
ways of barricading. We will not make any movement if those tents allow them to
continue to call reinforcements."

[HINT]: You sense that Giovelli is no longer in El'Jazira and the bloodstone is
mistaken.

Ayukazi casts a quick glance to the Progenitor's bloodstone. "Just
push past the janissaries and abolish the tents. Simple."

You say, "They will all fall. As we push past, there will be blood, but that is not
our main focus. It is just a contingency of knowing how many to send to what
entrance."

Elene's heterochromatic gaze shifts over to the Progenitor's bloodstone, glancing
towards the section of the land that your claws have raked over. The fortification
that Bloodloch has set up is there, the soldiers at vigilant attentiion as they watch
for any movement across the barricade. "Mm, yes. I remember the straight pathway in
from the eastern entry to El'Jazira," she speaks, her voice a silken caress as she
discusses with you. There is a swift nod as she glances at the stable and the corner
of the apartments where the tents have been erected once more. "That will work," she
speaks, "And we will adjust as and when it is needed over the course of the fighting.
Depending on who the General attached to me will be, I think we should be fine then."

Ayukazi lowers her eyes to slits. "I will not see my city be threatened, nor will I
allow us to lose any of our territories. You will have what you need, and if I finish
my domination early, I will come aide the annihilation of this weakness. Just get me
my ylemshards within the next Howling, Thronekeeper."

Blood seeps forth from your veins, subsuming your body as you prepare to submerge
into the sanguine depths.

Elene folds her arms now across her robed chest, and the woman tilts her chin in your
direction.
BenedictoDrystinLegynLinSryaenElene

Comments

• [HINT]: You sense that Giovelli is no longer in El'Jazira and the bloodstone is
    mistaken.

This is the best part of this log.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • Noooo, all my typos are in that log...
    SryaenDrystinIesid
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Pretty awesome shakeup, glad to see something being done with my favorite lil' village.

I feel bad for El'jazira - they're gonna have a hard time finding someone who 1) hates Bloodloch but 2) is also okay with slavery!
    Iesid