> relic list unowned
    vox_arachnida an arachnida vox iterator
    vox_haunting a haunting vox iterator
    vox_nightmarish a nightmarish vox iterator
    vox_sad a sad vox iterator
    vox_seabreeze a seabreeze vox iterator
    vox_timid a timid vox iterator

>vox list
    ********************************[ Vox iterators ]*********************************
    Type Act? Msg
    arachnida In soft, clicking whispers that are reminiscent of
    nightmarish Stine reaches out to you, his voice distorted with
    sad Choking back tears, Stine sorrowfully informs you,
    timid Sounding timid and scared of his own words, Stine

Same thing happens for combined relics showing that book, horn and knife are all unowned despite having a completed set of tools.

Also happens for the bracer set of ilmenite bracer, ornately-framed mirror, eyes of the observer and compass.
    Rhine
  • edited April 2021
    PK ability being gate kept by non coms.

Edit: That's not a fair peeve. I'm peeved that optimal usage of a class is gated behind a guild sanction, one that the GM and the guild has every right to withhold or grant at their leisure.

I'm peeved that for a variety of reasons, PK rarely dictates RP, but RP always seems to find a way to dictate how I PK.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    TetchtaRhyotIllikaal
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Guild sanctions being anything other than an extremely minor boost or completely roleplay is borderline unacceptable tbh

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited April 2021
    Losing out on comms because you drop them after you die in a fight.... but when you ask BOTH sides who picked up your comms, people suddenly go quiet and don't want to help...

Despite the fact that you have always helped anyone else when they have lost their comms after a fight and they spoke up.

Thank you @Iesid, @Stine, @Rihrin and @Kalena for trying to ask Spirit who picked it up, even if no one responded to you. At least you tried and I really do appreciate that.

RihrinGavramelDrystin
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited April 2021
    This veers on being beyond the scope of this thread but I'm too tired to make a separate one; there's a trend in our community of protecting abusive people, bigots, racists, and serial harassers because it's inconvenient to hold them accountable for their actions and behaviors. I understand that it's hard to swallow that some people you've known for actual years are imperfect, but it disgusts me when someone does something genuinely abhorent and deplorable, and everyone tries to play coverup general or attempts to control the spin of the stories instead of doing the right thing (such as telling the person who said/did something gross to accept culpability and be held accountable.) It's frighteningly common in our microcosms and it's extremely toxic that we let these behaviors go unconfronted at best and encourage them by playing defense at worst.

It's not good, and we should do better.

ValorieHavenLinNonatea

• Sigh. I've got some credits lying around but 20+ rag purchases really is too many.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    BenedictoAlelaDrystinCzciennEleneKatie
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Accept your fate and embrace your inner whale. 

Seurimas
  • edited May 2021
    I mean, I feel a bit whaley, but artifact rags are just a feelbad deal. At 50 credits, they're readily comparable to vials, which you only need 7 of instead of 20+. Even casks are cheaper. Plus it explodes your ARTIFACT LIST. Just give me a 600-1k credit venom rag that just pulls from your fluid cache, please. Unless that's the dreaded Venom Rag I keep hearing will never be made again.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    ValorieDrystinSaidenn
  • Honestly wouldn’t mind a new crafted item that provides that function but still decays like rags and costs more than crafting them individually. Just hate having to get all of the decay messages that sometimes don’t even line up.
    AlelaSeurimasValorie
  • the Dread Venom Rag That Will Not Return was infinite all venoms forever. A version that's just one item that sucks your fluidcache dry would be amazing?! (although I already bit the bullet and bought 22 arti rags >_<)
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    HavenSeurimasValorie
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Seurimas said:
    I mean, I feel a bit whaley, but artifact rags are just a feelbad deal. At 50 credits, they're readily comparable to vials, which you only need 7 of instead of 20+. Even casks are cheaper. Plus it explodes your ARTIFACT LIST. Just give me a 600-1k credit venom rag that just pulls from your fluid cache, please. Unless that's the dreaded Venom Rag I keep hearing will never be made again.
    HEY!!! You be nice about my 16 venom rags. They didn't do anything to you!!!

• I think it's less about idealizing her or whatever you're going on about and more 'why the fuck would the self proclaimed ic and ooc good guys of the game use the flimsiest of fucking excuses to pk the person who shouts 'yay friends' and 'be nice''. Even the constant defending of it. You all know it's a dick move to do, and you're all scrambling to normalize and ok it.

Didi didn't jab anyone when you guys beckon/auto targetted her (amazing trigger btw top tier). She wasn't with anyone in Scidve when Sryaen noosed her (she's even spirit tethered lmao). You didn't mention any of those times, just that she jabbed someone and that meant she was willing to subject herself to that. You ignored the chain of events leading up to it? Sure, all fair game technically, but I've seen people, respected members of this society, get bent out of shape when legal PK has been exercised on people who *could* defend themselves properly, when done for similar and just as flimsy reasons (wow this person has aura gonna kill them). Vyxsis killed Galadriel once while he was afk fishing in aura and she caught an unreasonable amount of hell over that. Now the beacon of niceness who plays exclusively on mobile and is definitely not a combatant is being targetted - for why? To prove how hardcore you all are? Cause it's legal?

Justify being a dick all you want. Doesn't mean it isn't a dick move. Post reads more like a guilty conscience than a bastion of logic.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    SryaenRhyotKonnornHavenMazzionTeaniDrystin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited May 2021
    Edited because parts of it were offensive due to miscommunication.

The point I was making is that just because it is legal doesn't exactly mean it's right in every circumstance.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    SryaenHavenDrystinMazzionTeani
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited May 2021
    Bulrok said:

I think it's less about idealizing her or whatever you're going on about and more 'why the unicorns would the self proclaimed ic and ooc good guys of the game use the flimsiest of unicorns excuses to pk the person who shouts 'yay friends' and 'be nice''. Even the constant defending of it. You all know it's a dick move to do, and you're all scrambling to normalize and ok it.

Didi didn't jab anyone when you guys beckon/auto targetted her (amazing trigger btw top tier). She wasn't with anyone in Scidve when Sryaen noosed her (she's even spirit tethered lmao). You didn't mention any of those times, just that she jabbed someone and that meant she was willing to subject herself to that. You ignored the chain of events leading up to it? Sure, all fair game technically, but I've seen people, respected members of this society, get bent out of shape when legal PK has been exercised on people who *could* defend themselves properly, when done for similar and just as flimsy reasons (wow this person has aura gonna kill them). Vyxsis killed Galadriel once while he was afk fishing in aura and she caught an unreasonable amount of hell over that. Now the beacon of niceness who plays exclusively on mobile and is definitely not a combatant is being targetted - for why? To prove how hardcore you all are? Cause it's legal?

Justify being a dick all you want. Doesn't mean it isn't a dick move. Post reads more like a guilty conscience than a bastion of logic.

lmao I haven't been to a lesser in ages dude
    Aukan
  • I will never mistake you for a combatant. The 'you' was a generalized 'you' for Spirit.
    LinRhyotNaosDrystin
  • Just to throw in my two cents here.

I don't know Didi at all ICly or OOcly.

My only interactions with her are her showing up following and helping shadow players at lessers and majors.

On top of that shadow are in game very vocal in defending her by shouting how people shouldn't kill Didi.

From an IC perspective my spirit character has nothing but good reasons to attack Didi. The only reason I'm holding back is for entirely OOC reasons due to people saying on forums and in discord how its a bad thing to attack her.

Which I shouldn't be doing. I should not let OOC things like the forum and discord dictate how my character plays.

That is my fault for letting OOC influence IC and I will attempt to rectify it by attacking and treating Didi just like every other character.

Sryaen
  • In a perfect world. Thieving is sort of the same thing, but watch people lose their god damned minds if that ever happens, despite it being legal and valid. Can't lift valuables off of people without being ostracized by the community. But we can murder Didi.
    RhyotKonnorn
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Pretty sure Didi will be fine.
    Jaamir
  • I think this is a good example of a situation that needs to be dealt with in game rather than dragging someone's name here. If it is as everyone says... Spirit tethered rogue, who may or may not be bringing conflict upon herself, should be dealt with by her tether icly. 

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    MairaDrystin
  • Absolutely. Didi is a tough cookie. I'm just going to bookmark this thread and tuck it away for the next time Spirit inevitably bitches about player conduct.
  • Bulrok said:

In a perfect world. Thieving is sort of the same thing, but watch people lose their god damned minds if that ever happens, despite it being legal and valid. Can't lift valuables off of people without being ostracized by the community. But we can murder Didi.

Ideally we should be murdering Didi to uphold IC/OOC divide and good roleplay. Not holding back because of OOC reasons.
    Jaamir
  • Let me make this perfectly clear: I have no issue with Didi, either OOCly or ICly. She generally kept to herself when I first came back, and my character had no problem with her. The continued Carnifex-style shouts, showing up in hostile combat zones and neither helping nor hindering us has been a continued source of bewilderment for me. She can literally go do anything else in the game, yet she continues to put herself in situations where she's in a hostile area with aura.

In addition, she comes across as the Shadow side mascot of sorts, where I've gotten numerous IC death-threats over killing her (while she had aura) from @Alela and @Araseth - though to Araseth's credit, he withdrew whatever PK cause he thought he had on my character after I explained she attacked not only me, but Iadra as well during a lesser yesterday.

Sryaen doesn't know Didi ICly at all. Hell, I don't even know her OOCly. Not like any of that should matter anyways. The tl;dr of all of this is fairly simple in my eyes: you take the risk of being slain if you enter a contentious zone when you're not directly tied to a city or guild. Didi has always had the option of simply NOT showing up to these PK zones, but this seems like something she's not open to considering at this time.

I won't actively seek her out in hostile areas anymore, but if she comes in with a group of Shadow players or attacks any spirit folk, she's free game.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    XavinAukanJaamirCallidora
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Illidan said:

I think a lot of players miss the point of it, either willfully or not.

You are in school, and you're all playing dodgeball. It's a fun game, everyone wants to participate. Someone with a disability wants to participate too, and this is fine. It doesn't make them exempt from the rules. However, if you have a player(s) going out of their way to target them and smash the ball into their face as often as hard and often possible because they are an easy target and it's within your legal ramifications to do so, well. It's just not a good look.

That is a perfect example. At the end of the day, if people are willing to smash on Didi then I'd think they're also the sort to not mind getting smashed on in return by a subset of the community that care.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Konnorn
  • Didi is technically still a spirit tethered character mechanically which makes this even more funny

Drystin
  • Spirit tethered by the loosest definition. Didi is a cityless, guildless character that by all accounts seems to spend more time around Shadow characters than anything.

Sryaen
    Xavin said:

Spirit tethered by the loosest definition. Didi is a cityless, guildless character that by all accounts seems to spend more time around Shadow characters than anything.

Imagine wanting to spend time with people that don't typically include you in anything and go out of their way to hunt you down.
    havenbanner2
    IllikaalXavinAlelaDrystinKonnorn
    To be frank, I get that what'd being done to Didi isn't wrong. Shooting your gun at the handicap kid at the paintball tourney isn't illegal. And I get the sentiment on wanting to treat them the same as any other player to make them feel normal or whatever. But when you're machine gunning the kid and going out of your way to specifically hunt the kid down... >:[ That brings up bad feels in me.
    havenbanner2
    XavinDrystin
  • Haven said:

To be frank, I get that what'd being done to Didi isn't wrong. Shooting your gun at the handicap kid at the paintball tourney isn't illegal. And I get the sentiment on wanting to treat them the same as any other player to make them feel normal or whatever. But when you're machine gunning the kid and going out of your way to specifically hunt the kid down... >:[ That brings up bad feels in me.

Didi is capable of being taught how to defend herself, in fact I'm quite sure that there are several who would be more than willing to write stuff for Didi so that she -can- defend herself. I'm sure it won't be to hard for someone to help her figure it out either. If she is going to keep showing up to lessers, orrery, and majors with Shadow, then perhaps it's about time someone take her under their wing and start showing her the ropes. Or at the very least, perhaps someone should write a simplified system to help her, something that is easy for her to understand and use without it being overly complicated... at least for the parts that actively concern her using.
  • Haven said:

Xavin said:

Spirit tethered by the loosest definition. Didi is a cityless, guildless character that by all accounts seems to spend more time around Shadow characters than anything.

Imagine wanting to spend time with people that don't typically include you in anything and go out of their way to hunt you down.
    Y'all are acting like people are going out of their way to hunt Didi down and make her playtime miserable which is just...not the case? At all? Mistakes sometimes happen in open PK situations, but it isn't like an open pk zone isn't explicitly advertised. Beyond that, though, hasn't Didi been showing up to lessers and majors alongside shadow tether's groups and actively hitting? I'd be happy to be corrected if that's not the case but the way I hear it, that's what's been going on.

To be frank, I'm uninvolved beyond seeing the commentary and being thoroughly baffled about why this is even something that is being made a big deal over. I thought it was stupid when I heard about it at the start, I thought it was stupid when Didi was made into a rallying cry for Duiran and Enorian years ago, and I think it's stupid now. The fact that it's being made out to be some sort of indicator that a specific group of people are problematic(tm) is baffling to me. As is the fact that an administrator went out of their way to throw shade at people in the Templar via a mob speaking on a guild channel over it.

AukanSryaenHavenNaosIllikaalIadraTsarra